Familiar faces rejoin our hero as the journey continues…

Replies

• fascizio
    572 posts Member
    Twin wrote: »
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    If they would just tell us now and give everyone time w/out having to climb a massive last minute paywall that would be really appreciated..might even shell out cash to gear him quickly.
    If you ignore the several hints offered, then you'll have nobody to blame but yourself. They've been talking about Luke's journey since May. The only people who will likely be facing that "massive last minute paywall" are the people who want to have their hand held and are waiting for confirmation before starting to prepare.

You should talk to people that farmed the hell out of Jawas for HAAT... They put faith in the "hints" heck even solid info and for the most part got burned.

I would agree with you more if gearing a character wasn't soo time/resource intensive. The best one can do is to gear to g7/8 while its easy and hoard the rest just in case in these cases of speculation. Especially when the character has limited uses like Ben.

Devs have it rough... trying to balance these events around such a large player base discrepancy is not easy. Then again they made the system top heavy to begin with.

That's the thing, minimal investment is necessary here. All people need to be doing is farming the shards, and given Ben's a cantina node, that's not that big a deal at just about any level. You don't have to spend the credits to raise his star level. You don't have to spend the credits to raise his regular level. You don't have to spend the gear to raise his gear level. All that can be farmed and then committed later if you decide it's worth it.

If you decide it's not worth it you can take all that hoarded gear and use it elsewhere. The only thing you're missing out on this way is farming shards for one character. If you're at a point in the game where missing out on one character farm is a huge deal then Legendary events and things "even more epic" (or whatever the exact quote is) probably aren't for you yet...
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member

Its not that people need their hand held or are afraid to gamble
    Its just a bad risk/huge gamble
    Even players that have only been here 6 months probably think almost anything could happen
    If old Ben is needed fine if not hes not the most useful character, do i really need a 12th jedi that i have to farm from scratch?
    And after i do that will this new Luke be leading my arena team?
    Will it be hoth rebel soldier part 2?
    Will it be Bespin Luke awesome jedi ?
    Are more lukes coming?
    What if this IS the final Luke
    People just dont know...
    You say you don't want your hand held. Then you list a kitten-ton of questions, and imply that you want to know the answers to those questions to determine precisely if Old Ben is worth farming.
    That sounds an awful lot like wanting your hand held.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Omeah wrote: »
    Personally I'd prefer the yellow-jacket Luke. Plus if we get Hoth Leia and Hoth Han (those are the characters' in-game names), then why wouldn't they call him Hoth Luke? The character's name is Commander Luke, so I don't believe it will be a Hoth version.
    What makes you sure that their final names are going to be "Hoth Han" and "Hoth Leia"?
    And why would they release "Commander Luke" at the same time as a lot of other Hoth-themed content without making him the Hoth version of Luke, considering that's the only time in the movies he's ever referred to as "Commander".
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    Pliz don't make ppl speculate too hard.. there's no such thing as " 'new' 'familiar' faces? "

As i quote:
    WHAT’S AHEAD
    Familiar faces rejoin our hero as the journey continues…

It could be old ben, leia, raid han, ect from OT.. who knows? :trollface:

That's exactly what it is - we will need to brush up on toons from ANH - R2, Old Ben, Luke (farm boy), Leia, Han and STHan.

We may see the release of Rebel Chewie in the new territory battles and he may be required in the continuation of luke's story down the road.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Winstar wrote: »
    I got Old Ben to 5* when the dodge meta was rampant. Stopped immediately when I realized he kinda sucks when Lando/Biggs/Wedge and EP came out of nowhere. Haven't looked back since.

He'll be needed, probably with Han Solo, Leia, maybe R2.

I think people would go crazy if you need R2 and raid Han. Not everyone has them since they are legendary and raid reward character. STH more likely with Leia, Ben and FB Luke.

I agree - but Luke is a long awaited toon, and I wouldn't be surprised if R2 and raid Han Solo are required.

If this is truly a continuation of luke's story, we could be looking at the Death Star escape. As there is no viable Chewbacca or C3P0 in the game to use, I would wager R2, Han, STHan, Leia, FB Luke and Old Ben are all toons we will likely need.

At the very least: STHan, Leia, Old Ben and FB Luke. But that just seems a little too easy to me.
  • Boo wrote: »
    Winstar wrote: »
    I got Old Ben to 5* when the dodge meta was rampant. Stopped immediately when I realized he kinda sucks when Lando/Biggs/Wedge and EP came out of nowhere. Haven't looked back since.

He'll be needed, probably with Han Solo, Leia, maybe R2.

I think people would go crazy if you need R2 and raid Han. Not everyone has them since they are legendary and raid reward character. STH more likely with Leia, Ben and FB Luke.

I agree - but Luke is a long awaited toon, and I wouldn't be surprised if R2 and raid Han Solo are required.

If this is truly a continuation of luke's story, we could be looking at the Death Star escape. As there is no viable Chewbacca or C3P0 in the game to use, I would wager R2, Han, STHan, Leia, FB Luke and Old Ben are all toons we will likely need.

At the very least: STHan, Leia, Old Ben and FB Luke. But that just seems a little too easy to me.

Tbf I really believe all new Lukes will be free. And the final Jedi Luke will be able to 7* for free if we fulfilled all of his journey correctly. Also I don't think r2 or raid han will be required but maybe available to use.
  • Rogee
    178 posts Member
    I'm also sitting here thinking, "Man, the devs are probably thinking 'we can't say anything, without the player base going all conspiracy-theory and trying to find meaning behind every adjective we use.'"

Future updates will just be boiled down to the most basic words without added adjectives.
    "Coming soon: Use characters to complete missions"

Or they sit around and say, let's stir the pot:
    4VqA1_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-web&p=mlb&i=mlb-sports&l=search&f=.gif
    "Coming very soon: Prepare for legendary heroic and epic battles where familiar acquaintances join in arms to take down an elusive foe at an undisclosed location cloaked in ominous foreboding mystery! Huuuge rewards will be lavished upon those who have prepared their bipedal team of heroes for this upcoming release!"

• Rogee wrote: »
    I'm also sitting here thinking, "Man, the devs are probably thinking 'we can't say anything, without the player base going all conspiracy-theory and trying to find meaning behind every adjective we use.'"

Future updates will just be boiled down to the most basic words without added adjectives.
    "Coming soon: Use characters to complete missions"

Or they sit around and say, let's stir the pot:
    4VqA1_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-web&p=mlb&i=mlb-sports&l=search&f=.gif
    "Coming very soon: Prepare for legendary heroic and epic battles where familiar acquaintances join in arms to take down an elusive foe at an undisclosed location cloaked in ominous foreboding mystery! Huuuge rewards will be lavished upon those who have prepared their bipedal team of heroes for this upcoming release!"

Haha. If I were dev I would choose the latter.
  • Zeythx wrote: »
    Would anyone else wanna see the force Unleashed characters?

Ex. Starkiller/Galen Marek, battle damaged Vader, Juno Eclipse, Master Rahm Kota, Proxy, Shak Ti, ect.

Not really man, being honest
    Want them to stay on new hope and empire strikes back as long as possible
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • Rogee
    178 posts Member
    Actually just went back and re-read a previous announcement:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/120157/the-road-ahead-for-star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes#latest

HERO’S JOURNEY - LUKE SKYWALKER

"Step into Luke Skywalker’s shoes and experience his journey from Farm Boy to Rebel Hero!

This is the first event of a new series where you’ll retrace the steps of the iconic hero LUKE SKYWALKER from his humble beginnings on Tatooine through his daring escape from the Galactic Empire’s ultimate weapon.

Completing this event will unlock the next iteration of Luke Skywalker: COMMANDER LUKE SKYWALKER."

With the above bold parts, it says this takes place during his daring escape from... ultimate weapon, i.e. "that's no moon." So it looks like it will continue until this part of the story:
    c6c8d4decce6a6e14cc17cc0a2eeb5f9.jpg

0a2fa0e969b81ea3be8819cd39c985cc.jpg

If we're following the story, we'll need Old Ben to fight Darth Vader... and die, so the other's can escape in the Falcon.

• maybe we will need sthan, leia, old ben, luke to get shards of the millennium falcon.. then we will need the millennium falcon to take down the death star to get commander luke!
  • Rogee
    178 posts Member
    ZephimyrAC wrote: »
    maybe we will need sthan, leia, old ben, luke to get shards of the millennium falcon.. then we will need the millennium falcon to take down the death star to get commander luke!

But now going back to 'familiar faces rejoin' statement, before Luke, Leia, Han, and Chewy sprint up the Falcon loading ramp, after Obi Wan is struck down by Vader, R2 and C3-PO rejoin them from the corner of the hanger.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Rogee wrote: »
    maybe we will need sthan, leia, old ben, luke to get shards of the millennium falcon.. then we will need the millennium falcon to take down the death star to get commander luke!

But now going back to 'familiar faces rejoin' statement, before Luke, Leia, Han, and Chewy sprint up the Falcon loading ramp, after Obi Wan is struck down by Vader, R2 and C3-PO rejoin them from the corner of the hanger.

You may be over analyzing that a little too much.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member

"Bipedal"?!? Poggle and Chirrut both use a walking stick, right? Does that mean they're out?!? MUST KNOW NAO!
  • Jamesm wrote: »

do I sense a c3po legendary event using ewoks in our future?
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Jamesm wrote: »

do I sense a c3po legendary event using ewoks in our future?

I wouldnt doubt that but i dont see that happening before the first part of the luke event.
  • Except...

He also had to escape from the ultimate weapon in ROTJ. I would call that more of a "narrow" escape than a "daring" escape, but it was an escape all the same.

To me, that quote suggests we will start on Tatooine (which we've already done) and will wrap up with the epic battle on the last Death Star...likely facing Vader and Palpatine in some form or fashion.

If that was the case, I would suspect that for this one, the ultimate reward will be getting some Hoth version of Luke. It ties in nicely with the upcoming game mode, where it seems like at least at some point we will be fighting on Hoth. It would likely make him the ultimate toon to have for that event and help to unlock Hoth Han and Hoth Leia.

The piece that doesn't quite work out for me is that in the first event, we used Farm Boy Luke, on Tatooine, alongside Jawas.

That would make it feel like for THIS event, we'd be using Commander Luke/Hoth Luke, and fighting ON Hoth, alongside some "familiar faces" that he "rejoins"...but unless they are going to gift us a nice shiny Commander Luke, or let us "trade in" the Farmboy Luke for the new one, then it will be Farm Boy Luke fighting again. But against who...and who will be supporting him?

It would seem like Veers and Snowtroopers would make good sense as the opponents, if it does end up using Hoth as the stage.

So who might be alongside Luke? Leia...Han...Chewie...R2...these all make sense, even if the versions we CURRENTLY have are not the Hoth/ESB versions. I think technically Old Ben could fit in here, since he does have the vision of him when he's hanging upside down in the cave.

I don't suspect they would make Raid Han be required...and it might even be a stretch to have it be R2, since there could be a good number of players who have not had a chance to even unlock R2 yet.

Old Ben, STH, and Leia are all available, so it feels like at least one of these would make sense.

Then again...I might be wrong. :)

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/120157/the-road-ahead-for-star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes#latest

"Step into Luke Skywalker’s shoes and experience his journey from Farm Boy to Rebel Hero!

This is the first event of a new series where you’ll retrace the steps of the iconic hero LUKE SKYWALKER from his humble beginnings on Tatooine through his daring escape from the Galactic Empire’s ultimate weapon.

Completing this event will unlock the next iteration of Luke Skywalker: COMMANDER LUKE SKYWALKER."

With the above bold parts, it says this takes place during his daring escape from... ultimate weapon, i.e. "that's no moon." So it looks like it will continue until this part of the story:

If we're following the story, we'll need Old Ben to fight Darth Vader... and die, so the other's can escape in the Falcon.

• Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    MolDavos wrote: »
    Except...

He also had to escape from the ultimate weapon in ROTJ. I would call that more of a "narrow" escape than a "daring" escape, but it was an escape all the same.

To me, that quote suggests we will start on Tatooine (which we've already done) and will wrap up with the epic battle on the last Death Star...likely facing Vader and Palpatine in some form or fashion.

If that was the case, I would suspect that for this one, the ultimate reward will be getting some Hoth version of Luke. It ties in nicely with the upcoming game mode, where it seems like at least at some point we will be fighting on Hoth. It would likely make him the ultimate toon to have for that event and help to unlock Hoth Han and Hoth Leia.

The piece that doesn't quite work out for me is that in the first event, we used Farm Boy Luke, on Tatooine, alongside Jawas.

That would make it feel like for THIS event, we'd be using Commander Luke/Hoth Luke, and fighting ON Hoth, alongside some "familiar faces" that he "rejoins"...but unless they are going to gift us a nice shiny Commander Luke, or let us "trade in" the Farmboy Luke for the new one, then it will be Farm Boy Luke fighting again. But against who...and who will be supporting him?

It would seem like Veers and Snowtroopers would make good sense as the opponents, if it does end up using Hoth as the stage.

So who might be alongside Luke? Leia...Han...Chewie...R2...these all make sense, even if the versions we CURRENTLY have are not the Hoth/ESB versions. I think technically Old Ben could fit in here, since he does have the vision of him when he's hanging upside down in the cave.

I don't suspect they would make Raid Han be required...and it might even be a stretch to have it be R2, since there could be a good number of players who have not had a chance to even unlock R2 yet.

Old Ben, STH, and Leia are all available, so it feels like at least one of these would make sense.

I also think they are refrencing the second dearh star because to me their giving you an overview of the journey from beggining of ANH to the end of ROTJ.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Zeythx wrote: »
    Would anyone else wanna see the force Unleashed characters?

Ex. Starkiller/Galen Marek, battle damaged Vader, Juno Eclipse, Master Rahm Kota, Proxy, Shak Ti, ect.

Absolutely!!!!
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Iceih_SWG wrote: »
    USAmazing wrote: »
    USAmazing wrote: »
    Omeah wrote: »
    Luke was granted the rank of Commander after Yavin 4. If they go logically from farmer boy to the next step, it should be the yellow jacketed version of Luke from the comics. That's not too much of a time-jump, and he already exclusively uses his lightsaber. Hoth Luke would be too much of a jump from Tatooine farmerboy Luke.

I hope you're right. I want Luke more than most players but hoth Luke doesn't appeal to me at all.
    How many Lukes do you want lol, personally i think theyre going to stick to the movies.

Ideally I hope they do stick to the movies. Meaning Bespin Luke and Jedi Luke - but yellow jacket Luke would be better than hoth Luke for sure

Hoth Luke (commander) in orange flight suit
    Bespin Luke in tan outfit
    Jedi Luke in black outfit

These would be cool in my opinion.

I think youre right but commander luke will be wearing snow gear. Well see tho.

Yeah it is most likely that he will be in taun-taun riding snowgear... but on Hoth he was also in his snowspeeder with orange flight suit so I hope he will be that version.

In an Orange Flight Suit, and his own X-Wing! So Biggs, Wedge, and Luke can fly together again!

The Luke who destroys Death Star with Biggs and Wedge is Luke from "A New Hope" the Luke we already have, he becomes Commander Luke in the period after that movie and before Empire Strikes Back, and after that he only uses the XWing as personal car. If we get Red5 XWing it should belong to Farmer Luke, besides it will give that character a reason to remain in game.

True - but we could also get Rogue Leader X-wing for Commander Luke too, lol
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    If you say the phrase "Luke's daring escape from the Death Star" to a bunch of Star Wars fans, most would assume ANH, not RotJ. And a version of Luke obtained after RotJ would almost certainly be called Jedi Knight Luke, not Commander Luke. And since Luke is is only ever referred to as Commander at the beginning of ESB, combined with the impending release of the Hoth Territory Battle, I think the evidence is overwhelming that they're talking about the ANH Death Star, not the RotJ Death Star.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    If you say the phrase "Luke's daring escape from the Death Star" to a bunch of Star Wars fans, most would assume ANH, not RotJ. And a version of Luke obtained after RotJ would almost certainly be called Jedi Knight Luke, not Commander Luke. And since Luke is is only ever referred to as Commander at the beginning of ESB, combined with the impending release of the Hoth Territory Battle, I think the evidence is overwhelming that they're talking about the ANH Death Star, not the RotJ Death Star.

The point is the description may be describing the entire series not just the portion that unlocks commander luke but weve down this road before lol
  • Pyrefly wrote: »

Yeah.
    There were two "daring escapes" from the DS: the first one after kenobi dies and the second one after Vader dies. Luke didnt "escape" from the DS when he blew it.
    So, since after the second escape eh was formally a jedi, and not a Commander, one can assume that the escape they are referring to is the one in ANH.
    Crap, I think I need to start farming
  • Yes...what you said. :)

I was suggesting that the description describes the WHOLE journey, not just the upcoming next step...meaning that the final battle we face to end up with Jedi Luke will take place on the ROTJ Death Star, where he escapes before it is destroyed.

The point is the description may be describing the entire series not just the portion that unlocks commander luke but weve down this road before lol

• Aachthor wrote: »
    With "Hoth Luke", Hoth Han, Hoth Leia, Hoth Rebel Soldier and Hoth Rebel Scout we have... a new faction!

Hooray.

"Use the Hoth faction to fight the Wampa in an epic battle..."
    ...and of course the Wampa is guided by imperial probe Droids...

That sounds AWESOME!
  • Ghost Obi Wan
    C-3PO (both packs only)
    Raid Han
    General Kenobi
    R2-D2

And the Millennium Falcon
    All have to be 7*
  • I love how some people are over analyzing his daring escapes and thinking the Luke's hero journey is going to end in ANH, when it's just beginning.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    I love how some people are over analyzing his daring escapes and thinking the Luke's hero journey is going to end in ANH, when it's just beginning.
    I think it's both. I think this portion of the journey is ending with the daring escape before the end of ANH, resulting in Commander Luke (ESB). I also think the journey will continue further into the story, however, resulting in at least Jedi Knight Luke (RotJ), if not further towards Master Luke (TFA).
  • Rogee
    178 posts Member
    I love how some people are over analyzing his daring escapes and thinking the Luke's hero journey is going to end in ANH, when it's just beginning.
    I think it's both. I think this portion of the journey is ending with the daring escape before the end of ANH, resulting in Commander Luke (ESB). I also think the journey will continue further into the story, however, resulting in at least Jedi Knight Luke (RotJ), if not further towards Master Luke (TFA).

I too believe this to be true. The talk has been 'journey' which portends of many steps.
    1. Luke Skywalker (ANH in dirty karate gi)
    2. Commander Luke Skywalker (ESB Hoth snow uniform)
    3. Jedi Luke Skywalker (ROTJ black outfit)
    4. Master Jedi Luke Skywalker (TFA bearded, hooded, robot hand)

Shorter examples are:
    Sidious > Palpatine
    Anakin > Vader
    Han > STHan (but they should remove the Rebel tag from Han Solo, leave him Scoundrel, and remove Scoundrel from STHan and leave him Rebel. Since he's now working for the Rebellion and not smuggling cargo as a merc)

• MolDavos wrote: »
    Except...

Ben came to him outside of the cave, after he freed himself from the Wampa, and then Han showed up on a Tauntaun as Force Ben was fading away.

I was more referring to the people who think CLS is the last interration we will get of Luke.