Luminara's tokens.

Today I purchased 5 Luminara tokens from GW shipments , but they didnt show on her.

Replies

• Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Same
  • Same here...
  • Same here
  • same here
  • Bought 10 and didn't get any showing on her page before I noticed. Ugh.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Has anyone noticed the shards appearing on a different ally? Perhaps it's a display glitch showing her in the wrong position?

I'm pretty sure I haven't had the problem yet. She also appears in the middle of the bottom row of the GW Shipments for me.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Same here, only bought 5 and noticed they weren't received. Please fix.
  • Ugh...same here...
  • yup, this happened to me too recently
  • Has anyone from ea acknowledged this yet? I've had it happen at least twice to me and it's very frigging annoying
  • I just purchased 5 Luminara shards from Galactic War with no problem, went from 27/65 to 32/65. Can you all submit tickets for this? It'll help us to track down what might be going on.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Funny i thought that happened to me 1-2 days ago. But today i bought 2 no problem for whatever its worth. Bummer missed out on 5 shards, but seems ok now
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    I just purchased 5 Luminara shards from Galactic War with no problem, went from 27/65 to 32/65. Can you all submit tickets for this? It'll help us to track down what might be going on.
    I have to say it's very annoying to have a random problem that isn't consistent to be responded to like, "I just tried it once and it worked for me."

Fair enough you would try it yourself, but the way it comes off is very dismissive.

After all, if it was an issue every time then there would obviously be a lot more people posting about it.

Whilst my issue was not with GW token shards not appearing it was when opening a pack with a full character I had already activated, and did not receive any shards, the response from support was that it is working as intended.

Considering a few posts from people about this I have a sense that the game may somehow handle Heroes that are activated by shards, and heroes that are awarded by packs slightly differently somehow and perhaps the two issues are related.
  • The frustrating part about this for me is that it makes me not trust what the game is doing behind the scenes. I had an issue today where I needed 2 pieces of a particular gear to do an upgrade. I did 3 missions, 2 of which dropped the gear I needed. Happy, I went back to upgrade my character only to have it show that I still needed 1 more piece of the gear. There have been many other times where I have received shards from hard missions, or used Galaxy / Cantina tokens to buy shards, and it hasn't seemed like my totals have gone up...but I hadn't written down my totals before hand, so it was hard to be sure.

Bottom line for me - I don't want to have to screenshot my gear amounts before and after every mission to make sure that I am receiving the correct items - or before / after every shard purchase. I want to simply be able to enjoy the game and trust that if I buy 5 shards I'm going to get them. If I receive a piece of gear from a mission, then I will actually have 1 more of that item in my inventory.
  • It would be nice to get those 5 shards credited, but how would the dev handle that?
  • Another thing that is ironic is that if drop rates weren't so bad these discrepancies wouldn't even be an issue lol
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    "There have been many other times where I have received shards from hard missions, or used Galaxy / Cantina tokens to buy shards, and it hasn't seemed like my totals have gone up...but I hadn't written down my totals before hand, so it was hard to be sure.
    Bottom line for me - I don't want to have to screenshot my gear amounts before and after every mission to make sure that I am receiving the correct items - or before / after every shard purchase."

This. I haven't experienced this but I do recommend to write it down beforehand and check. Guessing or not knowing for sure isn't helpful.
    How can devs be sure that someone didn't receive shards this way. Now if they have logs they can check but if they don't it's not possible to check it by any "lack" of evidence or go by guessing.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Me too. Twice
  • Happened to me just now.
  • Works fine for me. I've spent most of my tokens on other characters that I couldn't farm though. Think that's what you guys should do if the problem continues.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    ObiWang wrote: »
    Works fine for me. I've spent most of my tokens on other characters that I couldn't farm though. Think that's what you guys should do if the problem continues.
    Haha.

Luminara is one of the best Heroes in the game period. Anyone who doesn't pump all their initial GW tokens into her until she reaches 7★ is at a disadvantage to those that do. One of the fastest heroes to 7★ as well.
  • Just happened to me also.
    Look, good against pvp is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.
  • Oh no. This happened to too many people. The thing that changed in Cantina is that they added Phasma. So the guy that said the labels may be going to a different char may be right on. I was about to 7 star Lumi tonstart getting Phasma, and then I noriced it's still teo days apart. I am now worried of buying more shards for her is this is confirmed (I'd hold buying her until fixed).

Anyone else can try? If you can see if the shards are going to a different player all the better. Does anyone remember where Lumi was physically in the labels before Phasma?
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Oh no. This happened to too many people. The thing that changed in Cantina is that they added Phasma. So the guy that said the labels may be going to a different char may be right on. I was about to 7 star Lumi tonstart getting Phasma, and then I noriced it's still teo days apart. I am now worried of buying more shards for her is this is confirmed (I'd hold buying her until fixed).

Anyone else can try? If you can see if the shards are going to a different player all the better. Does anyone remember where Lumi was physically in the labels before Phasma?
    This seems to be inconsistent and has been occurring since launch.

Lumi was previously positioned in the centre of the third row before the new heroes were added. Now I see her on the left of the second row and her shards have been collecting fine for me.

This issue has not been acknowledged by EA. If you have been experiencing it please demonstrate with screenshots so @EA_Jesse can do something about it.
  • I've always been a little obsessive about checking my totals before and after I farm for shards. However, there have been a few times when I could've sworn that I should've had a few more when I bought from a shipment. I didn't think anything of it until I read this post, now I am definately concerned. I guess I'll have to be even more keen when paying for Lumi or buying at any other table. Hope the devs fix this soon and give you guys your well earned shards.
  • I just tried and I did get the 5 shards I was expecting. No missing Lumi shard for me.
  • Put in a ticket for this and support said it can take 24 hours for shards to appear. Case closed.. I never got those shards and cba to get back in touch.

To confirm I have been on Lumi shards non stop and only had the issue once. Just keep an eye on your count before you buy.
  • Dudester wrote: »
    Put in a ticket for this and support said it can take 24 hours for shards to appear. Case closed.. I never got those shards and cba to get back in touch...
    This is a ridiculous response @EA_Jesse.

• just tried too.. no problems with Lumi's tokens. Working as exact.