The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• evoluza wrote: »
    Anyone running Thrawn L, Stormtrooper, Krennic, DT and Snowtrooper? 25% dmg, 30%crit dmg and 10% crit dmg for every rebel and enemies with an debuff. DT would to crazy Dmg. Don't have the 8 cuff to gear my Snowtrooper. Hope someone will try this out.

Why Storm and not Shore?
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    Anyone running Thrawn L, Stormtrooper, Krennic, DT and Snowtrooper? 25% dmg, 30%crit dmg and 10% crit dmg for every rebel and enemies with an debuff. DT would to crazy Dmg. Don't have the 8 cuff to gear my Snowtrooper. Hope someone will try this out.

Why Storm and not Shore?

I think because his ShT is not as developed as his StormT.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    BulYwif wrote: »

Why Storm and not Shore?

Yeah, Shore only gear 8 and it would be more different to other teams.

I won't put StormT as your main tank. I run him but with ShT too. The amount of DN and dispellers doesn"t make him viable as a main tank mainly because of his CD of 4. In your case GK of course will be better or if you want a full Empire your RG would be better.
    In theory, the trio DT, Krennic, Snow makes DT a great attacker. I'm also keen on hearing more on that.
  • evoluza wrote: »

Why Storm and not Shore?

Ah, OK, I thought it was something related to the game mechanics. And to me, and most people I would think, health restore and TM gain are better than TM reduction.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member

Why Storm and not Shore?

I won't put StormT as your main tank. I run him but with ShT too. The amount of DN and dispellers doesn"t make him viable as a main tank mainly because of his CD of 4. In your case GK of course will be better or if you want a full Empire your RG would be better.
    In theory, the trio DT, Krennic, Snow makes DT a great attacker. I'm also keen on hearing more on that.

Yeah that trio and dmg leader. Only annoying part is Snowtrooper gear... That's a huge problem. No discussion about that 8 cuffs?

I have SnowT gr 10, just need one cuff and Mk 6 Merr Sonn TD for GR11. If you go for him, you can run AAT P2 with troopers too, so that's not lost gearing. He's a good damage dealer and acts a bit like Sarge in the clone teams.
  • Onark
    104 posts Member
    if you don't test it out before me, I'll share my results in about a week. Looking forward to trying out the double tank and Zeers in arena.
  • Sith1
    314 posts Member
    Thanks guys for the advice much appreciated
  • So is this group im seeing more of Thrawn lead veers shore krennic and DT very good?? im looking for any reason at all to go empire :P
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    As an FYI, I have been playing around with the 5th person on my Thrawn team.

My standard is zThrawn lead, DT, Krennic, Shore, and zTarkin.

I ran TFP in place of Tarkin for a few days. He is certainly fun and may have made my squad more difficult to beat against a couple of Rex squads, but it gave me some trouble on offense against two of the tougher teams on my arena shard (a Rex lead with insane mods and a DN lead with only slightly less insane mods.)

With that being said, his buff immunity rocks against toons like GK and SiTrooper.

At 266 speed he was moving enough he could reapply it even if it got cleansed.

I went back to Tarkin yesterday but today I took first with Snowtrooper in that last spot.

We'll see how far I drop tomorrow and whether or not any teams give me fits.

Really the squad is strong enough that on offense at least, I can lose Krennic and/or Tarkin and still win if I have taken out at least one of the opposing toons.
  • Sith1
    314 posts Member
    I guess one last question is dk viable without dt zeta and his zetaas well?
  • Sith1 wrote: »
    I guess one last question is dk viable without dt zeta and his zetaas well?

DK needs DT's zeta. He's just too squishy otherwise. DK's zeta isn't necessary -- he's not the ideal leader for arena.
  • danflorian1984
    986 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    So I finally managed to take to g10 Thrawn Tarkin and DT. I already had at g11 Zader EP and TFP. Because my Shore is only g9 and I don't have any developed taunter still can't make an all purpose empire team, but the new toons did give me the flexibility to make some interesting situational teams against 2 out of the 3 shardmates I had trouble beating before.
    Some interesting teams were a Thrawn DT TFP Vader DN that I used to defeat a Zader team without a pretaunter ( TFP moved 3 consecutive times and then again after 2 toons) and a Tarkin lead that I used to defeat a Rex lead with an ultrafast Thrawn.
    The problem is that without Krennic or Shore I can't make an empire team that would last on defence, or that can defeat different type of teams, and I need to mix empire toons with DN, B2 or use them under a Zaul lead.
    Sadly Thrawn and DT were even more effective under a Rex lead but I really don't want to go there.
  • Onark
    104 posts Member
    Aero wrote: »

• Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    How's that team working for you @Aero?
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    C'mon guys, there's only 99 pages to this thread. Can't we find something to talk about?!?
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    @Indominable_J agree with you, for DK to be effective DT need a zeta, otherwise Krennic will go down too fast.
    Aero wrote: »
    Ow, that's awesome!! I tried before mine Gar saxon at 4* g9 just to see how it goes, but it seems he must be maxed to work out.

Checked his profile and physical damage for Gar is crazy high!! https://swgoh.gg/u/boxandthefuzz/
  • Aero wrote: »

This is beautiful.
  • I have been running this team for awhile now. I can defeat anyone on offense, but I have been a little disappointed with how far I slip on defense. Any ideas how to make this team more resilient on defense?
    • zzThrawn (lead) [Speed: 256; Zeta: leader and unique]
    • zTarkin [Speed: 217; Zeta: unique only]
    • DT [Speed: 215; No Zeta]
    • ShT [Speed: 186]
    • DN [Speed: 211; No Zeta]
    Everyone is G11

I was thinking about switching to Tarkin lead. A lot of the teams in my top 20 are running DN, and Tarkin lead will allow Thrawn to GAC Tarkin and then Tarkin will do his debuff+aoe double attack. Under Thrawn lead, Thrawn does GAC to Tarkin, but then Tarkin gets a debuff so he uses Maneuver to cleanse himself. I do not have a zeta on Tarkin's leader though.

I also have these guys I could try subbing in (but I am not sure it would make it stronger):
    Empire:
    • Gen.Veers - G11 [no zeta]
    • TFP - G11
    • EP - G11
    • Vader G11 [zeta: leader]
    • StormTrooper - (unactivated/not-geared, but I have 330 shards, doesn't seem too bad to gear)
    • DK - (unactivated/not-geared, only 191 shards)
    Non-Empire:
    • GK - G11
    • ST Han - G11

I have thought about, taking Tarkin out and using GK instead. I don't know if that would be stronger or not, but I do know it would be less Empire - which is less desirable. But with all the DN enemies and zQGJ+Yoda teams out there, the initial Tarkin combo very rarely gets pulled off under Thrawn lead. I think under Tarkin lead I could pull it off, but under Thrawn lead, Tarkin doesn't seem to be pulling his weight. GK would also help provide protection once ShT gets dispelled (which is almost all the time between enemy DN, QGJ, and Thawns). Stormtrooper could also provide a similar function.

I currently have enough to apply ONE zeta ability. I have thought about Veers, but if I do that, I would probably need to gear up Stormtrooper and replae DN and Tarkin with Veers and Stormtrooper. Another option is to zeta Tarkin's leader ability, but I am not sure yet if Tarkin's leader would outweigh Thrawn's. Overall, I think Thrawn's leader is better, but it just seems to be pretty vulnerable against DN and zQGJ(L)+Yoda.
  • What's gonna be the strategy against Luke lol?
  • So with the impending release of the new Commander Luke, are we looking at the end of Empire squads?

Leader Ability – Rebel Maneuvers:
    Rebel allies have +50% Counter Chance, +50% Defense, and +15% Offense. Whenever an enemy Resists a detrimental effect, Rebel allies gain 5% Turn Meter.

Empire relies on AoE ... so many of them have it. Yet will any of them dare do their attack if they are going to be countered by Luke, ATF, Biggs, Wedge, and GK? Seems a quick way to die.
  • So with the impending release of the new Commander Luke, are we looking at the end of Empire squads?

Rebel allies have +50% Counter Chance, +50% Defense, and +15% Offense. Whenever an enemy Resists a detrimental effect, Rebel allies gain 5% Turn Meter.

Empire relies on AoE ... so many of them have it. Yet will any of them dare do their attack if they are going to be countered by Luke, ATF, Biggs, Wedge, and GK? Seems a quick way to die.

I am worried about this as well...
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    So with the impending release of the new Commander Luke, are we looking at the end of Empire squads?

I am worried about this as well...

Looks bad for the empire...

We will have to see it in practice to make a fair assessment... but it gonna make a lot of key empire characters struggle with the counter attacks from Luke's lead...

Going to be interesting to see how it all plays out... especially since we haven't seen the reworks for the other rebel characters yet

So with the impending release of the new Commander Luke, are we looking at the end of Empire squads?

zMaul comeback?
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member

zMaul comeback?

Or rise of Logray.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Goride wrote: »
    I have been running this team for awhile now. I can defeat anyone on offense, but I have been a little disappointed with how far I slip on defense. Any ideas how to make this team more resilient on defense?
    Everyone is G11

I was thinking about switching to Tarkin lead. A lot of the teams in my top 20 are running DN, and Tarkin lead will allow Thrawn to GAC Tarkin and then Tarkin will do his debuff+aoe double attack. Under Thrawn lead, Thrawn does GAC to Tarkin, but then Tarkin gets a debuff so he uses Maneuver to cleanse himself. I do not have a zeta on Tarkin's leader though.

I also have these guys I could try subbing in (but I am not sure it would make it stronger):
    Empire:
    • TFP - G11
    • EP - G11
    • StormTrooper - (unactivated/not-geared, but I have 330 shards, doesn't seem too bad to gear)
    Non-Empire:
    • GK - G11
    • ST Han - G11

I have thought about, taking Tarkin out and using GK instead. I don't know if that would be stronger or not, but I do know it would be less Empire - which is less desirable. But with all the DN enemies and zQGJ+Yoda teams out there, the initial Tarkin combo very rarely gets pulled off under Thrawn lead. I think under Tarkin lead I could pull it off, but under Thrawn lead, Tarkin doesn't seem to be pulling his weight. GK would also help provide protection once ShT gets dispelled (which is almost all the time between enemy DN, QGJ, and Thawns). Stormtrooper could also provide a similar function.

I currently have enough to apply ONE zeta ability. I have thought about Veers, but if I do that, I would probably need to gear up Stormtrooper and replae DN and Tarkin with Veers and Stormtrooper. Another option is to zeta Tarkin's leader ability, but I am not sure yet if Tarkin's leader would outweigh Thrawn's. Overall, I think Thrawn's leader is better, but it just seems to be pretty vulnerable against DN and zQGJ(L)+Yoda.

Switch zTarkin by GK and you have the meta empire team. Tarkin zeta lead does not bring so much to the game. Expose is nice but not game changer since it can be cleansed. Nevertheless, with Storm who also expose, it often happens that 2 expose are on the target.

Only use Storm with ShT if you want to use him. Mod him like an attacker with a speed arrow and CC/CD mods, ShT with full protection.

Only zeta Veers if you want to run him with 3 others troopers at least. I'm now running zVeers, ShT, StormT, DT and Thrawn and it's a good team. Thrawn(L) with the same toons is also great, especially with zeta lead.

With Tarkin lead, run DT, GK, DN and Thrawn and it's one of the most efficient team actually.
  • BulYwif wrote: »
    Goride wrote: »
    I have been running this team for awhile now. I can defeat anyone on offense, but I have been a little disappointed with how far I slip on defense. Any ideas how to make this team more resilient on defense?
    Everyone is G11

Empire:
    • TFP - G11
    • EP - G11
    Non-Empire:
    • GK - G11
    • ST Han - G11

Switch zTarkin by GK and you have the meta empire team. Tarkin zeta lead does not bring so much to the game. Expose is nice but not game changer since it can be cleansed. Nevertheless, with Storm who also expose, it often happens that 2 expose are on the target.

Only use Storm with ShT if you want to use him. Mod him like an attacker with a speed arrow and CC/CD mods, ShT with full protection.

Only zeta Veers if you want to run him with 3 others troopers at least. I'm now running zVeers, ShT, StormT, DT and Thrawn and it's a good team. Thrawn(L) with the same toons is also great, especially with zeta lead.

With Tarkin lead, run DT, GK, DN and Thrawn and it's one of the most efficient team actually.

I've tried Tarkin lead with Shore instead of GK and that squad stinks against the "new" Rex/Thrawn/DN teams.

Would GK make that dramatic of a difference? (My Shore has an effective speed of 242 under Tarkin lead)