About character speed

What would happen if 2 characters have the same speed? Which one should move first? encountered a team with obiwan, his obi moves first every time. But my obi is at least same level with him and fully geared. Need some explanation about the mechanism in this situation.

Replies

• Gear pieces add speed. If his gear level is higher than yours, his Ben could have higher speed than yours.
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • Rheen wrote: »
    Gear pieces add speed. If his gear level is higher than yours, his Ben could have higher speed than yours.

what @Rheen said, and also the game is fairly random, sometimes Old Daka (speed 126) move 1st and sometimes Sidious (speed 142) move 1st.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    But what if two have the exact same speed? Perhaps a role?
  • [/quote]
    what @Rheen said, and also the game is fairly random, sometimes Old Daka (speed 126) move 1st and sometimes Sidious (speed 142) move 1st. [/quote]

That only happens because both Old Daka and Sid is on your Sid. Thus, in Galactic wars, there is a strategy called 4/1 hit, retreat, and repeat...
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I think 'if the same speed' the defender has the advantage... I know one rival who is lower level than me. When I attack his team, his obi-wan and sidious always moves before mine. My Obi and sidious are geared maxed, he can't get any higher without me getting a higher level. So there is no way that player's characters should have a higher speed than mine... And he's not using a leader that gives him a speed bonus..

So I can only draw three possible conclusions (taking leader speed bonuses out of the consideration)

1. The defender has an speed advantage
    2. The defenders team has someone who either gives them a turn meter bonus or its opposing team a turn meter penalty proc.
    3. They're hacking

Given I've not seen other unusual behavior I think point 3 is unlikely. And given the persons team doesn't have anyone to alter turn meters in any way.. I'm just gonna assume point 1.
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Skye wrote: »
    I think 'if the same speed' the defender has the advantage... I know one rival who is lower level than me. When I attack his team, his obi-wan and sidious always moves before mine. My Obi and sidious are geared maxed, he can't get any higher without me getting a higher level. So there is no way that player's characters should have a higher speed than mine... And he's not using a leader that gives him a speed bonus..

So I can only draw three possible conclusions (taking leader speed bonuses out of the consideration)

1. The defender has an speed advantage
    2. The defenders team has someone who either gives them a turn meter bonus or its opposing team a turn meter penalty proc.
    3. They're hacking

Given I've not seen other unusual behavior I think point 3 is unlikely. And given the persons team doesn't have anyone to alter turn meters in any way.. I'm just gonna assume point 1.

Makes sense and seems like a reasonable mechanic. If prefer a there was a coin flip though for Galactic War's sake