Sith Team help / or Dark side squad ideas

Advice please!!
Well for me Zaul has just about run its course and I need to refresh my squad. My problem is all of my best character are DS and/or Sith so I dont really have an obviously good squad in the current meta of cleanse / tenacity up and giving TM to your opponent on crits.
I had wondered if beefing up my sqaud with zSavage might help (in for Vader) or whether to work on Sith Assassin for a ZVader lead so maybe ZVader, S.A.,DN, SithTrooper, and 5th of zKylo / Palp/ TfP /
I have tried DN lead but it's too slow.
I have no Thrawn, GK, Rex or a geared up R2.
Any ideas gratefully received!

Replies

• BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    I think you just need SA in your team instead of Vader. zKylo in a zMaul team is good since he's the only one at the start of the battle not being stealthed.
  • Thanks but I think the main problem for me is that I have a lot of R2s and Rex's in my arena shard that makes running Maul as a leader problematic - furthermore I don't have an obvious replacement. Would bringing in Sith Assassin help against the cleanse / tenacity up squads?
  • Zader with fast SA applies his dots before the cleanse. Surround them with DN, thrawn, shore and laugh at Rex, chaze, Wiggs, the whole light side.....

Seriously....Vader even ability blocks kenobi through foresight. That team is tanky, so all members(except stealthed SA) can survive triple hit, chirrut slam, kenobi group hug....I only get one hit by DN(of course) and a really mad Zylo.
  • From the toons you have I think a Zader; DN; ( very fast) SA; Sith Trooper and Zavage for cleanse could get the job done, as long as your SA is faster than their Rex, Chirrut or Thrawn.
  • Zader with fast SA applies his dots before the cleanse. Surround them with DN, thrawn, shore and laugh at Rex, chaze, Wiggs, the whole light side.....

Seriously....Vader even ability blocks kenobi through foresight. That team is tanky, so all members(except stealthed SA) can survive triple hit, chirrut slam, kenobi group hug....I only get one hit by DN(of course) and a really mad Zylo.

Thanks. I have Shore but Thrawn will have to wait until the event comes back.
  • AlexTheG
    215 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    From the toons you have I think a Zader; DN; ( very fast) SA; Sith Trooper and Zavage for cleanse could get the job done, as long as your SA is faster than their Rex, Chirrut or Thrawn.

Ok thanks. I might press the button on a zeta for Savage and work on S.A.. She isn't far off from G10 but requires a tonne of shards to max out. Alas.
  • danflorian1984
    986 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    AlexTheG wrote: »
    From the toons you have I think a Zader; DN; ( very fast) SA; Sith Trooper and Zavage for cleanse could get the job done, as long as your SA is faster than their Rex, Chirrut or Thrawn.

Ok thanks. I might press the button on a zeta for Savage and work on S.A.. She isn't far off from G10 but requires a tonne of shards to max out. Alas.

Another good option for Zavage, if you have him, is DT. He works great with DN, under Zader he hits hard, and you could juggle between him and Zavage depending on the opposition.
    You can even try dual tanks, SiT and Shore, to keep DN and SA hidden behind an impenetrable wall, and kill them with Dots and Culling blade from Zader and Anihilate.
  • zaul > zader i believe. but you do need super-fast SA to go first, before any thrawn go. id say remove vader and kylo from your team, and put SA, Zavage/Palp.
    dont get me wrong, you won't be able to beat everyone. i still having horrible time vs Rex+Chaze teams or GK+Chaze teams. but you should be able to beat any empire team, any rex team without chaze, and GK team without chaze, any team that dont have Chaze+R2D2 (besides Wiggs,Chaze,R2 - you should beat that) and most of the zQGJ teams. (r2Z2 zQGJ you won't be able to beat probably)
    but with all the thrawns going around... id stick to zaul team, for now, and basically ignore the Chaze teams and jump over them.
    but i wouldn't press the zeta button on savage before i see commander luke and what he can bring. rebel team with Luke, R2Z2, Ezra, GK might be very bad for you (because R2 counter zaul - but not in all teams), and an upcoming rebel team that have a counter for zaul can be bad for you.
    welcome to watch my modding and my team : https://swgoh.gg/u/sidiousispikachu/ . dont let the number of arena battles confuse you, i stopped play for 6 months, im in a nov15 shard. Zauls i see, Zaders i dont.
    good lucker my fellow darksider
  • ^ good idea and worth a try!
  • Bassicaly develop SA and try it for yourself with both Zaul or Zader to see what works better in your shard:wink:
  • Sacull_Kinslayer
    797 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    AlexTheG wrote: »
    Advice please!!
    Well for me Zaul has just about run its course and I need to refresh my squad. My problem is all of my best character are DS and/or Sith so I dont really have an obviously good squad in the current meta of cleanse / tenacity up and giving TM to your opponent on crits.
    I had wondered if beefing up my sqaud with zSavage might help (in for Vader) or whether to work on Sith Assassin for a ZVader lead so maybe ZVader, S.A.,DN, SithTrooper, and 5th of zKylo / Palp/ TfP /
    I have tried DN lead but it's too slow.
    I have no Thrawn, GK, Rex or a geared up R2.
    Any ideas gratefully received!

Get SA. She's not a hard build to gear up. And she's effective at 3* and somewhat tanky. And she makes your slow sith squad very fast. Once you get SA to g9 or g10 get her modded super fast. Then I would suggest these:

DN, SiT, SA, Savage, zylo/ep/tfp. I run DN lead (DN, SA, SiT, GK, and dooku). With a fast SA it can be a very fast squad)

Zader, SA, SiT, DN, Savage (SA has to be fast so that when she starts off with TM gain then Vader can crush everyone BEFORE any cleanse or tenacity up. This is my goal for when I zeta Vader... Zader, DN, SA, SiT, GK)

Also if you use DN lead I would suggest looking at getting dooku. He is mean under DN lead. Also b2 could help offset the annoying LS buffs.

A lot depends on your arena shard and trial and error. DS squads are at a disadvantage so there will be frustration... But they are more rewarding and more original.
  • Dark_Helmet152
    529 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I would not recommend SA if you decide to run zMaul and there are a lot of Rex leads in your shard. SA screws with TM and since the zMaul meta has passed, zMaul teams need planned turn order to survive. You have to make Maul move first to get daze on everyone. DN has to go right after him to increase cool downs and prevent cleansing. zKylo is a great option to run with zMaul because a beating only makes him stronger. zSavage is awesome under zMaul and the last position is up for debate IMO. If stealth alone can hide EP, he is the best glass cannon in the game. If you face a lot of R2s where EP won't be able to dodge, SithT is a good option.
    Post edited by Dark_Helmet152 on
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    SA is your answer. Get her in there to speed up that DN team. Or add her in to the zVader grouping you discussed.
  • My slight concern about zMaul is that if he doesn't land daze on Rex then that tactic goes out of the window. I get one attack, my opponent gets the next 5.
    S.A. seems to randomise turns. So if Vader doesn't go first (on a zVader lead) then again versus Rex, it all can go horribly wrong.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    I run zzDN lead, SA, zSid, EP, and GK. When SA goes, she fills the other 3 Sith to full TM, making the order random as you mentioned. Sometimes this means that DN goes next, and only 1 opponent has a debuff. That's a worse case scenario for me. Sometimes I'll just go ahead and remove the taunt from Baze. Sometimes I take the crapshoot and see how many CD I can get. The good thing is that EP is going to come up soon, and I get a chance to stun the first turn anyone who didn't get a CD.
    I've considered trying to remod to get the turn order I want. But that would require significantly slowing DN. And I don't think that's a good option for me. If you run zVader, SA, DN, TFP, and Shore, you would only be in position to have DN or Vader going first (assuing SA goes before TFP). You should be able to either get your DoT rolling, or reduce the CD.
  • Get resistance and farm speed mods. A speed set with even modest speed secondaries can get him in the low 200's that's good enough to beat any Rex under 250
  • AlexTheG wrote: »
    My slight concern about zMaul is that if he doesn't land daze on Rex then that tactic goes out of the window. I get one attack, my opponent gets the next 5.
    S.A. seems to randomise turns. So if Vader doesn't go first (on a zVader lead) then again versus Rex, it all can go horribly wrong.

That's why I geared ger to g10 but I don't use her. I prefer slower sith but in the Zaul DN Vader EP order of movement. But in a Zader or DN team she can be priceless.
    I also use B2 with my Zaul as the only non stealthed toon, he spaming dispel and buff immunity saved my hide countless times, but he is not a popular option on older shards. Mine is only 7 months old