Replacement options for First Order Officer?

Trying to run a full First Order team, all 3 Zetas, but FOO is garbage except for the fact that he kickstarts the entire machine.

Has anyone found a better replacement for him? Trying not to use resources for basically a "key to an engine" type of toon.
CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.

Replies

• StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Without the key, the engine doesn't start, so I think you answered your question?
  • Thrawn is the only realistic replacement.
  • Theoretically any toon that is fast enough to go first and gives tm or takes away tm should work. But none are good enough to be better than foo under a plasma lead.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Without the key, the engine doesn't start, so I think you answered your question?

That's what I was afraid of.
  • Theoretically any toon that is fast enough to go first and gives tm or takes away tm should work. But none are good enough to be better than foo under a plasma lead.

Yeah, pretty much gonna have to invest in FOO. Sad face. lol
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Theoretically any toon that is fast enough to go first and gives tm or takes away tm should work. But none are good enough to be better than foo under a plasma lead.

Not awful, though. He's an easy gear at least.
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Theoretically any toon that is fast enough to go first and gives tm or takes away tm should work. But none are good enough to be better than foo under a plasma lead.

Not awful, though. He's an easy gear at least.

That's a plus. Thanks! Didn't know that.
  • You could do this with Thrawn but I think you would need a very fast Kylo/FOST as well. GAT is faster than FOO, so you could use him to trade TM with Kylo to get the TM generation going, and if Kylo is fast enough you won't have to wait too long to Fracture.

FOO's most important feature is his ability to go fast and give 100% TM to your ally of choice. Close second is his TM removal and cooldown reduction. Thrawn can replace the first ability, but not the second, which isn't so bad because Kylo resets his own cooldowns and FOTP is generally more effective with his basic, but FOST won't taunt as much and Phasma will probably only Victory March once. So then you start looking at replacing FOST with GK, and Kylo sucks on defense so maybe put in Chaze for both Kylo/FOST ...

Replacing FOO might work, but once you pull one element things start to fall apart pretty quickly.

Lawyered.
  • You can replace part of FOO Marching Orders and Pinning Shot, but like mentioned, you lose the other benefits and FO synergy.
  • I started using Thrawn on defense and he helps against Chaze and Zaul teams, but you definitely want FOO in there for raids. The full synergy squad is much more fun in my opinion, but Thrawn is definitely a viable option.
  • Just a shot in the dark but Jyn could be a possibility, very fast and can give target ally full turn meter, plus if your willing to risk it she can go twice in a row removing tm and stunning.
  • Creepioo wrote: »
    Just a shot in the dark but Jyn could be a possibility, very fast and can give target ally full turn meter, plus if your willing to risk it she can go twice in a row removing tm and stunning.

I thought I mentioned Jyn in my post (looks like I didn't) she was who I was referring too that can replace parts of both marching order & pinning shot.
  • Creepioo wrote: »
    Just a shot in the dark but Jyn could be a possibility, very fast and can give target ally full turn meter, plus if your willing to risk it she can go twice in a row removing tm and stunning.

I thought I mentioned Jyn in my post (looks like I didn't) she was who I was referring too that can replace parts of both marching order & pinning shot.

Well, 2 of the 3 parts. Pinning Shot is probably more useful because it reduces cooldowns for the whole squad. At least I know I've wasted it on foresight because I needed someone's specials reset. Also, if PS successfully removed TM, it gave TM to the whole squad.

Other than that, yeah Jyn would work in a pinch.