Don't underestimate Gar Saxon...

Prev1
Gar says no to Baze

Full vid below
https://youtu.be/iu162mjEV1o

Replies

• Don't know why he is already out of the shardshop... :-(
  • Seemed weak when the meta was zMaul with AOE daze, but now...
  • Bring saxon out to be farmed already
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Swap Veers and Thrawn for DK and GK (cleanse, back-up crit immunity, squad retaliation) and u have a top 10 team.
  • **** that damage, but the physical damage you have on him it's crazy man, you have a lot of offense secondaries so not many people can clone that xD
  • Poxx wrote: »
    Swap Veers and Thrawn for DK and GK (cleanse, back-up crit immunity, squad retaliation) and u have a top 10 team.

It's already a top ten team and I try not to use GK, Rex, Nihilus, or Chaze. They're just so boring and over used.
  • Awesome!!!

Could u please post the link of your .gg profile?
  • Bring saxon out to be farmed already

8-E. Cantina.
  • SpeedRacer wrote: »
    Awesome!!!

Could u please post the link of your .gg profile?

@SpeedRacer
    https://swgoh.gg/u/boxandthefuzz/
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    You modded Gar for offense. His AoE seems to have a good potential, double damage to enemies with less than 50% Turn Meter. So up to 19k on a non-crit with you mods. How are his AoE damages?
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Poxx wrote: »

Dk? Give me a break.

Remove thrawn?!?? He is one of the best characters in the game.

I'm glad he didn't listen to your suggestions.

It's already a top ten team and I try not to use GK, Rex, Nihilus, or Chaze. They're just so boring and over used.

Have you tried zfost in place of veers?
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Nebulous wrote: »

Dk? Give me a break.

Just bcuz Thrawn is 1 of the best toons in the game atm, doesn't mean he's best for this comp. Yes DK. I suppose u think Veers adds more 2 the 2 other troopers than DK would do for DT ? What r u new ? Or just a meta fanboi ? The extra crit damage and tm that DK would feed DT far exceeds what Veers can do and his damage and debuffs r superior by far.

GK giving the whole squad retribution and a group cleanse will shut the opponent down far faster than Thrawn under a Gar lead. But hey, what do I know. Only place 1st daily on a launch shard and have NEVER been meta.

https://swgoh.gg/u/poxx70/

And then u suggest FOST ? U must b joking. U r in no place to criticize. If u can't add something intelligent to the conversation or see past "O lemme use the most powerful meta toons, they gotta b better", then u really shouldn't b posting at all.

@Nebulous
    Post edited by Poxx on
  • @BoxandthefuzzForever why did you mod Gar with offense instead of CD/CC? Is it because the resulting CC is too low?
  • Poxx wrote: »

Dk? Give me a break.

Just bcuz Thrawn is 1 of the best toons in the game atm, doesn't mean he's best for this comp. Yes DK. I suppose u think Veers adds more 2 the 2 other troopers than DK would do for DT ? What r u new ? Or just a meta fanboi ? The extra crit damage and tm that DK would feed DT far exceeds what Veers can do and his damage and debuffs r superior by far.

GK giving the whole squad retribution and a group cleanse will shut the opponent down far faster than Thrawn under a Gar lead. But hey, what do I know. Only place 1st daily on a launch shard and have NEVER been meta.

And then u suggest FOST ? U must b joking. U r in no place to criticize. If u can't add something intelligent to the conversation or see past "O lemme use the most powerful meta toons, they gotta b better", then u really shouldn't b posting at all.

@Nebulous

I don't think DK would necessarily work better than Veers. Both give TM but zVeers also gives protection. If he's using 4 troopers i think Veers isn't a bad choice, it will always synergize well, What would make DK really better is his really powerful basic attack but as long as DT and him aren't targeted you gain no TM at all.

Many teams could get rid of DK instantly with enough time and thus totally bypass DT/DK synergy. But you're right DT damages would be awesome, especially against rebels, as long as one wants to rely only upon this specific toon to succeed.

Both are equally interesting i guess but Veers works better as a fast burst toon (AoE+assist+free turn upon death). DK is really nice but will work better against AI and really stupid players. :pensive:
    A wise player will debuff Shoretrooper and focus Saxon at first so this kind of team should deal enough burst cause their own mechanics will quickly fall apart.

Stormtrooper wouldn't be a bad choice if you can stand the lack of auto-taunt, his basic would synergize well with Gar especially if you don't use Veers and thus lack of critical rating. Shoretrooper is the best choice when it comes to soak up damages but he's seriously lacking of punch.
    FoST synergize well with Gar but using a Fo toon on an pure Empire team is indeed not much relevant.
  • Nebulous wrote: »

Dk? Give me a break.

I have. It's good too. I have a few vids showcasing it.
  • @BoxandthefuzzForever why did you mod Gar with offense instead of CD/CC? Is it because the resulting CC is too low?

I used offense because with all the Rex leads out there he feeds them way to much tm. I'd prefer if he didn't crit.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member

Dk? Give me a break.

@Nebulous

There are many paths to enlightenment, brother. Veers and Thrawn can be a very effective combo. I also recently pulled DN and GK from my lineup because I’m just sick of seeing them everywhere.

https://youtu.be/zy_CH2BWlrg
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »

Dk? Give me a break.

@Nebulous

There are many paths to enlightenment, brother. Veers and Thrawn can be a very effective combo. I also recently pulled DN and GK from my lineup because I’m just sick of seeing them everywhere.

That's the go to comp I've been running lately. It's great. Possibly one of the best pure faction teams around right now.
  • Is that stormtrooper or FOST? I can't see clearly since he's on the bottom corner
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Is that stormtrooper or FOST? I can't see clearly since he's on the bottom corner

Stormtrooper.
    Is that stormtrooper or FOST? I can't see clearly since he's on the bottom corner

Stormtrooper.

Cool, wasn't sure if he was trying the ZFOST idea. I'm also a fan of Saxon. I like using him but still need omegas to max out his potential. He's definitely fun to use though
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member

Dk? Give me a break.

@Nebulous

Hello. Quite an impressive rant. Since we are flaunting swgoh stats: https://swgoh.gg/u/jadehubris/

Here is why those suggestions were not an upgrade.

Veers is the only real flex spot. This means that was the dk swap. So then gk is subbing out for thrawn?

Veers brings an aoe silence, assist for his troopers and his basic brings speed up to troopers. This means that shore will almost always have extra buffs. So when his buffs drop/dispelled, he is ready to taunt again. This is incredible. Dk is squishy (even with dt zeta). This is the only flex spot. He is powerful, but is an offense team toon. He is not for defending. This is probably a sidegrade/downgrade to veers.

Gk is a really good toon but his ret is only a 50% upgrade over gar's lead and isn't guaranteed
    To land. His taunt has negative synergy with shore since they both bring crit immunity and he needs that for a taunt. Gk can't heal but thrawn brings fracture and protection heal and a much more damaging basic and 100% counter when he fracs someone. Gk is not an upgrade over thrawn.

Have you played with zfost? He counters and his counters can call in an assist. Gar will trigger in both of these. So there can be 4 attacks from 1 counter. Fost counter, his assist call and then 2 from gar. Fost has a 2 turn taunt and 3 turn cd. His taunt give teamwide tm gain. His basic adds a slow. Which in case you didn't know, has positive synergy. So yes. Zfost is amazing. I'd suggest using him and yea, he isn't meta!

So I do know what I'm talking about.

Veers is the flex spot. That is it. I am curious if he consider fost.

I used offense because with all the Rex leads out there he feeds them way to much tm. I'd prefer if he didn't crit.

The offense on Gar is impressive. Most impressive
  • Nebulous wrote: »

Dk? Give me a break.

@Nebulous

Hello. Quite an impressive rant. Since we are flaunting swgoh stats: https://swgoh.gg/u/jadehubris/

Here is why those suggestions were not an upgrade.

Veers is the only real flex spot. This means that was the dk swap. So then gk is subbing out for thrawn?

Veers brings an aoe silence, assist for his troopers and his basic brings speed up to troopers. This means that shore will almost always have extra buffs. So when his buffs drop/dispelled, he is ready to taunt again. This is incredible. Dk is squishy (even with dt zeta). This is the only flex spot. He is powerful, but is an offense team toon. He is not for defending. This is probably a sidegrade/downgrade to veers.

Gk is a really good toon but his ret is only a 50% upgrade over gar's lead and isn't guaranteed
    To land. His taunt has negative synergy with shore since they both bring crit immunity and he needs that for a taunt. Gk can't heal but thrawn brings fracture and protection heal and a much more damaging basic and 100% counter when he fracs someone. Gk is not an upgrade over thrawn.

Have you played with zfost? He counters and his counters can call in an assist. Gar will trigger in both of these. So there can be 4 attacks from 1 counter. Fost counter, his assist call and then 2 from gar. Fost has a 2 turn taunt and 3 turn cd. His taunt give teamwide tm gain. His basic adds a slow. Which in case you didn't know, has positive synergy. So yes. Zfost is amazing. I'd suggest using him and yea, he isn't meta!

So I do know what I'm talking about.

Veers is the flex spot. That is it. I am curious if he consider fost.

@Nebulous I did try it. I have several videos against different comps.
    https://youtu.be/N8yKY2rFSx8
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    @BoxandthefuzzForever awesome. I'll check out the video later tonight. You've inspired me to play with gar. Mine is currently 6* g9. I'm working on jyn.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    @BoxandthefuzzForever what team do you leave in overnight?

I like how fost performed in that video. Thank you for the post.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    I've played around with the Gar lead...

It's *ok*

Not as strong as a few other empire leads... Thrawn takes the cake right now I think... Vader, Tarkin, Emp, and even DK ate pretty solid when set up right.

Its a fun team and it has its moments... but unfortunately it struggles vs certain setups (Zarriss especially) and lacks the ability to beat "everything".

I've used it and it's super fun... even ran crazy hybrid teams with Gar and all the other counterattackers... Dooku, Fives, Aayla, etc... even with GK thrown in for his retribution...

It's a decent team... but not amazing

Fun for sure though ;)
  • J7Luke
    484 posts Member
    edited August 2017

giphy.gif

Dk? Give me a break.

@Nebulous

That's the go to comp I've been running lately. It's great. Possibly one of the best pure faction teams around right now.

I've recently switched to something very similar to this - I've been running Veers for weeks now, since Thrawn hit - but I switched to a Thrawn lead + DK +DT + Storm and Shore. I do not have DT zeta'd even, and I find this setup incredibly impressive on offense at least. Defense first night I held at 10 when lately I've been waking up at 20+ with Thrawn lead, Veers, DN, DT, and Shore. Dropping DN was very refreshing - whipping Rex / R2 / DN / GK / Chaze, etc without using any of those toons - and doing so decisively - feels very good.

Shore + Storm together are impressive. I have no issues with DK surviving.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    BrtStlnd wrote: »

Dk? Give me a break.

@Nebulous

I've recently switched to something very similar to this - I've been running Veers for weeks now, since Thrawn hit - but I switched to a Thrawn lead + DK +DT + Storm and Shore. I do not have DT zeta'd even, and I find this setup incredibly impressive on offense at least. Defense first night I held at 10 when lately I've been waking up at 20+ with Thrawn lead, Veers, DN, DT, and Shore. Dropping DN was very refreshing - whipping Rex / R2 / DN / GK / Chaze, etc without using any of those toons - and doing so decisively - feels very good.

Shore + Storm together are impressive. I have no issues with DK surviving.

Good to know that you don't use DN anymore. I was hesitating to build him and remove StormT but I also find this duo complementary. I've modded Stormtrooper with CC/CD and a speed arrow and ShT as the real tank with full protection. StormT gives another buff to ShT then if he's dispelled, he can taunt again at his next turn. zVeers lead with Thrawn and DT for the rest and it's really fun.

@BoxxandthefuzzForever how much damage are you doing with your AoE? Without crit and your current mode, you can hit up to 19k.