Why cant Darth Vader DOT be cleansed?

Brainsym
127 posts Member
edited August 2017
The opposing team has Zader lead,
the match starts with every one of my toons having a stack of dot's.
My rex goes first - cleanses immediately, but the dot's restack immediately after despite him giving everyone tenacity up.
I checked The zader leader ability and it says that the dot's will restack if they expire after 2 turns.
But it doesnt say anything about it not being able to be cleansed.
Is it a bug?

Replies

• It's intended. Vader's Zeta Leader makes it so that DOTs cannot be removed by any means, unless he dies.
  • The dots go back for 2 turns immediately after they expire.
  • A cleanse causes the DOTs to expire and thus they are reapplied for 2 turns - Rex does give Ten Up, however I imagine the game applies the DOTs before the Ten Up Buff, annoying for Rex users but fab for Zadar users
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    They use the word "expire" to mean removed by any means. It's poorly worded.
  • the match starts with every one of my toons having a stack of dot's.

What do you mean the match "starts" with all of your toons having dots? I'm assuming you mean the opposing Vader does his thing first; you don't mean the match literally begins with you already being debuffed?

Best protection for that is a fast Yoda. Throw tenacity up before Vader can go. If you don't have him, then speed up your Rex and get him to go before Vader. Shouldn't be too hard; Vader is pokey.
  • A cleanse causes the DOTs to expire and thus they are reapplied for 2 turns - Rex does give Ten Up, however I imagine the game applies the DOTs before the Ten Up Buff, annoying for Rex users but fab for Zadar users

Hmmm ditto

What do you mean the match "starts" with all of your toons having dots? I'm assuming you mean the opposing Vader does his thing first; you don't mean the match literally begins with you already being debuffed?

Best protection for that is a fast Yoda. Throw tenacity up before Vader can go. If you don't have him, then speed up your Rex and get him to go before Vader. Shouldn't be too hard; Vader is pokey.

nah best is still triple cleanse... rex/Chirrut/GK n you have almost infinite HoTs already lol
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member

nah best is still triple cleanse... rex/Chirrut/GK n you have almost infinite HoTs already lol

They're still good but they need better mods than before to work efficiently. The new teams eat them easily with average mods.
  • BulYwif wrote: »

They're still good but they need better mods than before to work efficiently. The new teams eat them easily with average mods.

new teams? what, sub out Gk for thrawn? Or sub out Gk for zR2?

still triple cleanse IMO...
  • Again, it's not explicitly stated but the 're-application' from vader's ability doesn't go through the normal tenacity vs potency checks and therefore bypass the chance to be 'resisted'. If his Zeta leader ability was so easily rendered useless by tenacity up then Vader lead would be absolutely worthless in the current meta. Tenacity up is already overpowered compared to its counterpart debuff

Yes that is exactly what i mean.. vader doesnt attack! His zeta leader ability automatically stacks a bunch of dot's on your toons at the start of the battle and you cant do anything about it...
    I already said that my rex is the first toon to go, and even when he cleanses and gives everyone tenacity up, the dot's restack again!...
    Thats why i was asking if its a bug or not.
  • Brainsym
    127 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    JohnTS676 wrote: »
    Again, it's not explicitly stated but the 're-application' from vader's ability doesn't go through the normal tenacity vs potency checks and therefore bypass the chance to be 'resisted'. If his Zeta leader ability was so easily rendered useless by tenacity up then Vader lead would be absolutely worthless in the current meta. Tenacity up is already overpowered compared to its counterpart debuff

Rightyo but you gotta admit that his leader ability is poorly worded. Who would have known that expired includes cleansed... Or does it

Otherwise, Darth Nihilus zeta allows him to put healing immunity buff on toons before they go... And that can be cleansed...
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Brainsym wrote: »

Yes that is exactly what i mean.. vader doesnt attack! His zeta leader ability automatically stacks a bunch of dot's on your toons at the start of the battle and you cant do anything about it...
    I already said that my rex is the first toon to go, and even when he cleanses and gives everyone tenacity up, the dot's restack again!...
    Thats why i was asking if its a bug or not.

No it doesn't. He doesn't put dots on unless he does his force crush. So, if you are actually starting the match with a stack of dots, that is a bug. The other behavior is not a bug. A cleanse counts as en expiration, so you can't get rid of them while Vader is alive, which is WAI and WAD.
  • No it doesn't. He doesn't put dots on unless he does his force crush. So, if you are actually starting the match with a stack of dots, that is a bug. The other behavior is not a bug. A cleanse counts as en expiration, so you can't get rid of them while Vader is alive, which is WAI and WAD.

I assume from your response that you've never been against a Vader with a zeta lead? -.-'
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Brainsym wrote: »
    No it doesn't. He doesn't put dots on unless he does his force crush. So, if you are actually starting the match with a stack of dots, that is a bug. The other behavior is not a bug. A cleanse counts as en expiration, so you can't get rid of them while Vader is alive, which is WAI and WAD.

I assume from your response that you've never been against a Vader with a zeta lead? -.-'

Sure I have. And my Vader's lead is zeta. And he doesn't apply dots at the start of the match. The ONLY way for Vader to apply dots is through his force crush. However, once they are there, they don't go away until you kill him.
  • CamaroAMF
    1279 posts Member
    Did Sids go before Rex and land DoTs with his AoE? Doesn't matter who applies the DoTs under Zader lead, they get reapplied.
  • If you make Zader your squishiest toon, thrawn can open and give him tm immediately. Or you can run a really fast Sith Assassin, that's what I do to start the match with dots