Thrawn under Tarkin

Hello there!

I am currently working on my team and would like to try this team: Tarkin, Thrawn, GK, DN and DT. My Deathtrooper is not ready yet. Until then I would use Chirrut. Or who else? My real question is how Tarkin and Thrawn should be modded. Who should be faster? I don't know how the AI plays. If Thrawn is faster, i would swap with Tarkin. If Tarkin is faster, i would use his two skills and then Thrawn (fracture) or Swap with Nihilus? Actually no matter, because after Tarkin the whole team is first.

Suggestions would be great

Greetings

Replies

• Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    I use a similar team, I was swapping TM with Trakin, but it's pointless, I fracture someone with Thrawn, the I use Tarkin specials. I use Shoretrooper, Nihilus and Vader (I unlocked GK today and I need to gear him)
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    What's important is that Nihilus plays directly after Tarkin to decrease his CD by 5. Perfect order would be Tarkin applies his debuffs, Thrawn swaps TM with Nihilus and Nihilus applies his special.

You can also use B2, ShT, TFP, EP as 5th. Options are wide.
  • Orleans
    177 posts Member
    Options
    BulYwif wrote: »
    What's important is that Nihilus plays directly after Tarkin to decrease his CD by 5. Perfect order would be Tarkin applies his debuffs, Thrawn swaps TM with Nihilus and Nihilus applies his special.

You can also use B2, ShT, TFP, EP as 5th. Options are wide.

Yes, I thought so. The only problem is that I can not increase twice without DT. TFP and Palpatine are very squishy. Do you think this works? When is DT viable? Gear and Stars. I think that my mods are okay.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    He can be viable imo at 5* gr 10 but he's an attacker so stars are not useless. I don' t know what levels are your GK, DN and Thrawn but if you add another low star toon in your team, for sure you'll be targeted even if you have gr 11 toons.
  • Orleans
    177 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, this is a good point. GK, DN and Thrawn are just 5 *. DN and GK will soon be 6 *. I'm in a Discord shard, so I'm not a target. Current team: Rex, DN, GK, Thrawn and meh Chirrut. I started to farm DT yesterday. Gear 9 maybe tomorrow and just 4 *. Should i swapRex with Tarkin? Just 2 empire chars is not enough, mh?
  • Options
    I use a Tarkin Thrawn DT DN Vader team, on offence against Rex Thrawn DN GK R2 teams, but my order is Thrawn swaps with DT, DT cooldown abilities, Tarkin reduces tm, Vader puts mass slow and Dots, Thrawn fractures GK, DN coldown.
    I use Vader because Shore is only g9, and because Vaders aoes and Culling Blade work well in this setup. But like I said, is strictly an offence team.
  • Orleans
    177 posts Member
    Options
    bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=7e03ff-1501694856.png Works well too.

@danflorian1984 Your'e team looks good!
  • Options
    The top dude in my Shard uses that team with TFP, TFP at 281 speed, Thrawn at 260 Tarkin at 228 and Nihilus and Kenobi at 216 That's before Tarkins bonus so even tho TFP is squishy he's atleast always gaining foresight cuz he's so fast
  • Thiff
    40 posts Member
    Options
    I open with Grand Admiral Command and give TM to my DT. He dispells Taunt from Baze etc and increase CD. Then debuffs or TM removal from Tarkin (depends on situation) followed by DN and his drain. I manage to finish 2-5 (real problems with one guy at my shard)
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Orleans wrote: »
    Yes, this is a good point. GK, DN and Thrawn are just 5 *. DN and GK will soon be 6 *. I'm in a Discord shard, so I'm not a target. Current team: Rex, DN, GK, Thrawn and meh Chirrut. I started to farm DT yesterday. Gear 9 maybe tomorrow and just 4 *. Should i swapRex with Tarkin? Just 2 empire chars is not enough, mh?

In that setup, keep your Rex until your DT is ready. I think I put mine in arena only when he was 7* gr 10. Tarkin is really a good leader, mod him with potency and a potency cross since his potency is his defense. I have put a zeta on his lead and I find that good but not game changing since it can be easily cleansed. Zeta first his unique.

If you are in a shard chat, so you can swap when DT is 5*.
  • Options
    Orleans wrote: »
    bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=7e03ff-1501694856.png Works well too.

@danflorian1984 Your'e team looks good!

Thanks. Sadly it doesn't work on defense since AI doesn't follow the same moves, and if Thrawn switches with someone else, maybe besides DN, the entire flow dissapears. But is a good team for those that have trouble on offense against the current meta.