Speed on Gold or Purple modules

BulYwif
1977 posts Member
The speed secondary in gold or purple module doesn't mean anything. Third time I have a gold with a speed which does not increase. A purple with 5 speed as first secondary which doesn't increase.
Really wondering how it's now working.

Replies

• This has happened to me on 3 mods in the last 2 days...
  • Bad luck, it happens to all of us
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I thought there were some kind of rules where a secondary increases when it's a gold or purple. A first secondary for example should increase especially for type A or B.
  • Its all RNG, and it has to go VERY well for you to get speed over 13. Ive farmed several hundred mods and have 2 at speed 14 and 1 at speed 15. Its tough.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    The position of the secondary stat on a mod is immaterial. The only time u r guaranteed a bump in secondary speed is w/ a green mod that has a speed secondary.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Poxx wrote: »
    The position of the secondary stat on a mod is immaterial. The only time u r guaranteed a bump in secondary speed is w/ a green mod that has a speed secondary.

Yeah ? Green mode is type C, isn't it? Also I thought positon had an impact on the bump, good to know @Poxx
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    I believe gold is A, purple B, blue C and green D.

• BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Poxx wrote: »
    I believe gold is A, purple B, blue C and green D.

Correct. I find it weird that a type D with speed will bump though and the other not.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    http://gaming-fans.com/2017/04/swgoh-speed-kills-find-best-speed-mods/
    there´s a reasonably large chance a gold mod won´t upgrade. You can view the precentages on the website above.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    http://gaming-fans.com/2017/04/swgoh-speed-kills-find-best-speed-mods/
    there´s a reasonably large chance a gold mod won´t upgrade. You can view the precentages on the website above.

Good article. Thanks for the link @leef
  • It's not about the color of the mod by which you get the bump. What matters is the color so that you have an increased chance of getting a higher speed secondary. For example. If you acquire a gold mod with a speed secondary, you have four chances to increase that secondary speed. A random secondary stat increases at lvls 3,6,9,12. If you acquire a purple mod, you start out with 3 secondary stats. If speed is one of them then you have 3 chances to increase the speed bc the last lvl for the secondary stat at 12 will add the fourth secondary stat to the mod. So at levels 3,6,9 you have a chance to increase your speed stat. That's where the rng takes it's place. Blue mods you get two chances bc you have two secondary stats to begin with so at lvls 9,12 you will be adding the third and fourth stat. And so on for the green mod adding a secondary stat at lvls 6,9,12. That's why the pros on you tube try to encourage you to sell the grey mods to go for purple and gold mods. I hope that helps. I can try and find the video on YouTube that better explains this if anyone likes
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    I probably have dozens of gold and purple mods where speed didn’t level once. You’ve got a better shot with blues but a much lower ceiling.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    @Wallynator94 Good explanation too.
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    I probably have dozens of gold and purple mods where speed didn’t level once. You’ve got a better shot with blues but a much lower ceiling.

Same RNG as me so...
  • modbot
    117 posts Member
    At level 3, 6, 9 and 12 a mod will increase an existing secondary stat, or gain a new one.( And always end up with 4 secondary stats after level 12)

On a green mod the one secondary stat shown will always increase at level 3 because it is the only choice. Then new stats at 6,9,12 to end up with 4 secondary stats

On a blue mod one of the 2 stats shown will increase at 3 and at 6. which one is completely random, 50% chance for each one at level 3 and level 6. At 9 and 12 new stats to end up with 4 secondary stats

On a purple mod one of the 3 existing stats will increase (33% chance each) at level 3,6,9 and a new stat at level 12

On a gold mod each stat has a 25% chance to be the one which increases at level 3. Each stats has a 25% chance to be the one which increases at level 6. At level 9 and 12 same thing, only one stat will increase and each of the 4 stats has a 25% chance to be the one.

So a level 1 gold mod with speed as a secondary stat has the most *potential* because it will have 4 chances, but the worst odds each chance at only 25%

A green mod is a guarantee increase, but also guaranteed to only increase once then get 3 other stats.

Personally I have had the best luck with blue mods. You get a 50% chance twice. thus most people's best mods are in the teens, and most of those started as blues
  • Krovv3n
    71 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Green mod with speed sec has 100% chance to upgrade but can only do so once.

Blue mod with speed sec has 50% to upgrade but can only upgrade twice.

Purple mod has 33.3% chance...but can upgrade 3 times.

Gold mod has 25% chance...but can upgrade 4 times.

Hopefully I got all that right.
  • It's not about the color of the mod by which you get the bump. What matters is the color so that you have an increased chance of getting a higher speed secondary. For example. If you acquire a gold mod with a speed secondary, you have four chances to increase that secondary speed. A random secondary stat increases at lvls 3,6,9,12. If you acquire a purple mod, you start out with 3 secondary stats. If speed is one of them then you have 3 chances to increase the speed bc the last lvl for the secondary stat at 12 will add the fourth secondary stat to the mod. So at levels 3,6,9 you have a chance to increase your speed stat. That's where the rng takes it's place. Blue mods you get two chances bc you have two secondary stats to begin with so at lvls 9,12 you will be adding the third and fourth stat. And so on for the green mod adding a secondary stat at lvls 6,9,12. That's why the pros on you tube try to encourage you to sell the grey mods to go for purple and gold mods. I hope that helps. I can try and find the video on YouTube that better explains this if anyone likes

That's true but you are ignoring the fact that if tenacity is present as a secondary it invariably upgrades every time and makes the mod worthless. I'm not bitter though.
  • modbot
    117 posts Member
    @Wallynator94
    I think we typed our posts at the same time, I didn't see yours before and I didn't mean to retype same info different way

That's true but you are ignoring the fact that if tenacity is present as a secondary it invariably upgrades every time and makes the mod worthless. I'm not bitter though.

I've never had that problem. Tenacity won't always upgrade no matter what. It's the luck of the draw which stat gets the bumb.
  • modbot wrote: »
    @Wallynator94
    I think we typed our posts at the same time, I didn't see yours before and I didn't mean to retype same info different way

It's all good man, good to see someone else knows mods lol