[Mega]Content Update 8/2 [Hot Fix] & Commander Luke Skywalker Intro

Replies

• Maybe he won't be a limited time event
  • They reported yesterday that his event would start on august 3.
  • NicolBolas wrote: »
    Why don't people have these guys? Had these at 7* since July of last yeat

Not everyone has been playing that long. Also I'm guessing of the required toons, many people won't have Old Ben as he's not particularly useful (IMHO) towards the end game. Also R2 requires a decent Empire team to 7* and will have only happened twice by the time CL comes along so again many people won't have for that reason (particularly noobs)
  • They announced the R2 event Yesterday
    Where? On the forums? What about for people that don't check the forums regularly?
  • Heaven
  • Jay_cube1
    379 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    NicolBolas wrote: »
    Commander Luke

Edited Thanks. I got excited after reading his abilities! ;)

• Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Commander Luke can stun, speed down, remove TM, gain TM for team, Dispel debuffs, recover health, protection, has increased % Potency, CC, CD, Accuracy, Counter Chance, Defense, Offense, Tenacity, Crit Avoidance. Might as well give him an Annihilate skill to make him the complete package.
  • Thanks. I quit getting Ben after he was 5* and couldn't remember which was better.
  • There's pack, right? :open_mouth:
  • Could we get an inflrmation what should be avaiable in Japan and what not?
  • I get why people are angry, even if the hints were there, yet it is not understandable that CG did not include the Rancor Raid plain Han Solo as bonus character.

As Empire player I don't really mind, except for that fact that the game is flooded again with more Rebel Scum.
    The Jedi are extinct, their fire has gone out of the universe
    -Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    mrjazz wrote: »
    Varlie wrote: »
    People always get annoyed when they announce the requirements. All of those characters with the exception of R2 has been in the game since the beginning.
    I'm just looking forward to see what their reworks are

Thats all good and well if you have been playing since the beginning, screw anyone that only just started recently.
    They baited with yoda and switched for R2 to sell packs and refills for both events, on 2 days notice on forums, and if you dont read the forums, and just play in game, theres no notice of R2 which is already extremely rare event

You have nobody to blame but yourself if you don't read the forums. It's called self accountability. But yeah, the game requires us to make choices on which characters to collect. Have to figure out your personal priorities.

• mrjazz
    116 posts Member
    NicolBolas wrote: »
    Why don't people have these guys? Had these at 7* since July of last yeat

I started april this year, i can't time travel unfortunately
  • Power creep set to a whole new level.
  • stumpoman
    442 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    neat. looks like good stuff

edit:
    A refreshing change comes to old difficulties.
    any ideas what this is? change to refreshing hard modes?
  • Old Ben was the Metta before droids so anyone that is an old timer will at least have him
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Commander Luke can stun, speed down, remove TM, gain TM for team, Dispel debuffs, recover health, protection, has increased % Potency, CC, CD, Accuracy, Counter Chance, Defense, Offense, Tenacity, Crit Avoidance. Might as well give him an Annihilate skill to make him the complete package.

Luke rebel meta incoming.....
  • mrjazz
    116 posts Member
    They announced the R2 event Yesterday
    Where? On the forums? What about for people that don't check the forums regularly?

exactly, also yesterday isn't really enough time either, bait with yoda and switch to R2 to sell packs
  • Osirisreborn
    1017 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Luke pack? Hes only released as 7*
    Personally i hope they dont even try to sell him
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • Vegeta
    379 posts Member
    People saying why you havent got them 7* there is other events that will come up that not everyone has. If they did bounty special not all got 7* etc. Also btw luke and old ben ****! If gave us better heads up. Much better toons to farm.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    NicWester wrote: »
    Are you going to provide some way of getting these characters more quickly?

Yes!

Some ways that don't require $$ to get? :)

The Heroes Journey is the first event in the history of the game with requirements of this caliber. While we understand these are some hefty requirements, remember this is just a Hotfix update! :) For more information on what Hotfix updates mean, give our Game Update Changes post a look <<HERE>> a click.

Our following Content update is coming soon and will shed more light on the various methods we're implementing to help Players along to make this journey a good one.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Widget_gadget
    875 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    My old ben is 63/80. Not even unlocked. This is me over the next 2 weeks. 200w.gif
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • "We will also be doing reworks soon for Old Ben Kenobi, Princess Leia, Stormtrooper Han, and Luke Skywalker (Farmboy) also arriving next week. Han Solo's ability kit has been updated as an added bonus!"

Which rework has you the most excited? For me, it has to be Old Ben and Stormtrooper Han. Ben hasn't been used much since the dodge meta, and Han is still used for most rebel teams.
  • Bjpac04
    119 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    2-F for sure. It's amazing how many shards drop if u do the few 100 refreshes a day like me. Got him from literally 20 shards to 7 star in a couple of weeks
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    He's out-dated but he was one of the strong leads back around launch time before Mods and the level 85 bump.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Are you going to provide some way of getting these characters more quickly?

Yes!

Let me rephrase that--will there be a way that doesn't involve money, because I'm on a budget and can't aford it even at a bargain price. I'm not petulantly threatening to quit or anything, to be clear. I just think it's lame to have a mega event that, despite being thematically appropriate, has such strict requirements. I'm glad you gave hints and all, but there's still been very little time and a whole lot of things to farm for other, confirmed, reasons (Raids, mods, events we already know about, etc) to farm characters on speculation is all.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I'm 11/80 on old Ben. I had a feeling I would need him and started farming him. The next day was phoenix followed by ewok distraction. I am so happy I have a 7* hera.

Bitter I am!
  • Han solo im hate the rest
  • I honestly don't mind that they give old timers an advantage as a lot of them were and still are FTP