Commander Luke Skywalker
Determined Rebel hero who can ignore debuffs or ignore Taunts
yji61q91vmuj.gif

Unlocks at: Seven stars
Available from: Hero's Journey Event
Abilities
BASIC Attack – Destined Strike:
7cijc3wznv2n.gif
  • Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Speed Down and Defense Down for 2 turns. If the target already had Speed Down, remove 30% Turn Meter. If the target already had Defense Down, inflict Stun for 1 turn.
SPECIAL Attack – Use the Force:
cp4skmtkjxac.gif
  • Deal Physical damage to target enemy, Dispel all buffs on them, remove 100% Turn Meter, and inflict Buff Immunity and Tenacity Down for 2 turns. Reduce the cooldown of this ability by 1 if the target didn’t have full Health. (Cooldown 4).
SPECIAL Ability – Call to Action:
cb9syiv0sc8g.gif
  • Dispel all debuffs on Luke. Luke gains 100% Turn Meter and recovers 40% Health and 40% Protection. If Luke doesn’t have the “Call to Action” unique buff, he gains it until the next time this ability is used. (Cooldown 4)
  • Call to Action: Luke ignores Taunts during his turn and has +50% Accuracy, +50% Critical Chance, and +50% Critical Damage. Can’t be Dispelled or prevented.
Leader Ability – Rebel Maneuvers:
  • Rebel allies have +50% Counter Chance, +50% Defense, and +15% Offense. Whenever an enemy Resists a detrimental effect, Rebel allies gain 5% Turn Meter.
Unique Ability – Learn Control:
  • While Luke doesn’t have Call to Action, he has +50% Counter Chance, +50% Critical Avoidance, +50% Defense, +100% Tenacity, and gains 10% Turn Meter whenever another Rebel ally takes damage.
Unique Ability – It Binds All Things:
  • Luke has +40% Potency. Whenever Luke Resists a detrimental effect he recovers 5% Health and 5% Protection. Whenever Luke inflicts a debuff he gains 10% Turn Meter and other allies gain half that amount.
General Strategy
  • Luke’s special “Use the Force” is devastating, stripping all buffs and Turn Meter from the target, and then preventing further buffs from being applied through Buff Immunity.
  • Luke’s Lead grants Counter Chance to the entire Rebel Faction for the first time. With all the high-damage attackers within the Rebels, using an AoE against them becomes an interesting proposition of whether the counterstrike might hurt more than the intended AoE attack.
  • Use Luke’s second special to grant himself the “Call to Action” buff when you need to get through a taunting tank and finish off a wounded enemy.

Hero Synergies
  • Pair Luke with allies that can provide Speed Down and/or Defense Down so that Luke’s basic can proc the more powerful secondary effects of Turn Meter Remove and Stun earlier rather than later.
  • Using Rebels with AoE Debuffs such as Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old Ben), Cassian, R2D2, or Scarif Rebel Pathfinder under a Luke lead can help versus enemies that repeatedly apply Tenacity Up. A full 5 enemies resisting an AoE debuff supplies 25% Turn Meter to all Rebel Allies, which would be doubled to 50% when figuring that Obi-Wan’s “Mind Trick” applies two!
  • Luke’s lead and R2 are a match made in heaven, as each Counterattack gives another opportunity to Critical Hit and cleanse all debuffs from the character.

Where to Use
  • Luke is one of the most versatile and powerful characters we have released, and can be used in any group in Squad Arena, Raid, Assault Battles, or various other PVE squads.
Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• Krayden_Phogg
    1685 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    OMG!!! This is AWESOME!!!! I didn't expect CLS to be THIS powerful!!! Was expecting this for JKL.
  • Krayden just imagine how JKL will be
  • MPac
    196 posts Member
    Jaw dropping
  • MPac
    196 posts Member
    Still falling
  • MPac
    196 posts Member
    Wow
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    This is so insane :)
  • Forget jkl..JML.
    - HumbleSage
    "To me, there is no light or dark side to The Force. There's just the Force and I'll wield it how I see fit."
  • Caedas
    215 posts Member
    Would have been nice to know which toons we needed earlier. Again. Hard to be excited for something that I won't be able to fully enjoy.

Other than that, Luke looks fun.
  • WOO BABY
    Guild: Order 66 501st Division
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Cool
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Is this supposed to be good? The power creeping was set to a whole new level! It sucks balls to keep realeasing more and more OP unbalanced characters to force a new meta instead of properly balancing the game!
  • Ohhhh yeah.

(Love another rebel scum to bring a swift end to the empire's reign of terror)
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Awesome
  • Two words: GAME. BREAKING. CSL will (hopefully) break the meta, but he'll make literally any rebel comp top 100 viable. This is going to be quite the show.
  • Eat that Kenobi.
  • Kinda sucks u need a perfect team to unlock. Old Ben is pretty useless in most factions. Hope they get him out there so we have a chance to build up.
  • Blackgrave wrote: »
    Krayden just imagine how JKL will be

I can't even imagine! My mind is BLOWN!!!
  • Caedas wrote: »
    Would have been nice to know which toons we needed earlier. Again. Hard to be excited for something that I won't be able to fully enjoy.

People have been guessing these 5 toons for MONTHS.
  • meta changing toon. time to say farewell from my Zaul team i guess.
    seems way too op, and we have enough rebels, and its basically to whales only, or long time players.
    Crouching rancor suggests that i'll be able to get luke, i just need to farm the Farmboy, and it should take me less than 10 days. and yet, im very unhappy with this character, it gonna change too much in arena, and i GUESS that its gonna ruin the diversity. i hope im wrong.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Wait... Did I see a taunt on old Ben?
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Cool, and how we'll get a 7 star old ben that's missing?
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Caedas wrote: »

People have been guessing these 5 toons for MONTHS.

I did... Almost done with old Ben.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • A return to the relevance of debuffs?
  • So for the unlock do we need Stormtrooper han or raid han?

You content update notes said Stormtrooper han but the pictures here shows Raid Han Solo. A clarification would be Awesome :)

@CG_Kozispoon
    829-416-931
  • General Strategy
    • Luke’s special “Use the Force” is devastating, stripping all buffs and Turn Meter from the target, and then preventing further buffs from being applied through Buff Immunity.
    • Luke’s Lead grants Counter Chance to the entire Rebel Faction for the first time. With all the high-damage attackers within the Rebels, using an AoE against them becomes an interesting proposition of whether the counterstrike might hurt more than the intended AoE attack.
    • Use Luke’s second special to grant himself the “Call to Action” buff when you need to get through a taunting tank and finish off a wounded enemy.

Whew. Glad I held off on putting that zeta on Tarkin. Would have been a giant mistake.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    So for the unlock do we need Stormtrooper han or raid han?

You content update notes said Stormtrooper han but the pictures here shows Raid Han Solo. A clarification would be Awesome :)

@CG_Kozispoon

The notes are correct, its Stormtrooper Han. Raid Han is just our fancy stunt double for gifs ;D
  • Me2
    123 posts Member
    Could you please release an audiobook version of the character's abilities? ;)
  • So for the unlock do we need Stormtrooper han or raid han?

@CG_Kozispoon

It also says you need farmboy Luke, but they show Commander Luke in the gifs.
  • PR10
    18 posts Member
    I can't wait to put the smackdown on someone in arena!!
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    So for the unlock do we need Stormtrooper han or raid han?

@CG_Kozispoon

It also says you need farmboy Luke, but they show Commander Luke in the gifs.

These aren't gifs for the Hero's Journey. They're just here to showcase Commander Luke Skywalkers abilities.