Character Strategy: Commander Luke Skywalker

Replies

• Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Caedas wrote: »
    Would have been nice to know which toons we needed earlier.

People have been guessing these 5 toons for MONTHS.
    Let the "I-told-you-so"s commence!
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Looks like Old Ben finally got/will get the taunt he needs!
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)

x1f440.png.pagespeed.ic.1s3kyiHs4l.png@SemperInvictus98 Easter eggs everywhere!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Looks like Old Ben finally got/will get the taunt he needs!

He's so slow though. He'll just get dispelled and be right back to Old Man Standing Around Watching.
  • Great looking character, but completely unbalanced most likely, will depend on his stats, he may hit like a feather, but I doubt this.....
  • Cool toon, event sucks. Who wants old Ben and farmboy? Junk.
  • Using Rebels with AoE Debuffs such as Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old Ben), Cassian, R2D2, or Scarif Rebel Pathfinder under a Luke lead can help versus enemies that repeatedly apply Tenacity Up. A full 5 enemies resisting an AoE debuff supplies 25% Turn Meter to all Rebel Allies, which would be doubled to 50% when figuring that Obi-Wan’s “Mind Trick” applies two!

That will absolutely kill any rex leads left in arena. I
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • RogueMorgothT
    84 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Ohhh... I don't have Old Ben :( When I start to play, he wasn't meta anymore. I need just 131 shards to unlock and promove to 5 stars >> Help! rsrsrsrs
    Commander Luke is really great *_*
  • Bazz
    48 posts Member
    If this fella Commander Luke Skywalker knew all these tricks he wouldn't have lost his hand to Zader.

He really should have met CG back in 1980, would have saved him a hand :)

Good job CG, love the toon! Keep up the good work.
  • Hopefully you guys over at cg can craft up an event for old Ben shards for the droves of us that haven't unlocked him yet @CG_Kozispoon

Not tryna whine about it but hey I'm not a dev not my fault he's been a relatively useless toon for the longest time (sorry in advance to whoever designed him way back in the day I don't mean to hurt your feelings)
  • Hopefully you guys over at cg can craft up an event for old Ben shards for the droves of us that haven't unlocked him yet @CG_Kozispoon

Woooowww it will be wonderful!!! *_*
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    So....I guess I should fracture Luke first? Man arena is gonna be terrible. Here's hoping the Droid faction pass includes a self destruct ability to insta kill all these new ridiculous toons.
  • ok I'm pumped
  • "•Using Rebels with AoE Debuffs such as Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old Ben), "

Last time I checked, Old Ben is Jedi Tank tagged only.

Does this mean we are getting Old Ben reworked to include the Rebels tag?
  • Supreme!
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    "•Using Rebels with AoE Debuffs such as Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old Ben), "

tumblr_inline_oapas5NmIw1saztcu_500.gif
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • I think a lot of people are going to struggle with getting old ben
  • "•Using Rebels with AoE Debuffs such as Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old Ben), "

tumblr_inline_oapas5NmIw1saztcu_500.gif

Not something I agree with but won't complain :)
  • Can you add Chewie to the list of characters used to unlock this because most of my guild doesn't have Old Ben. Such a small group of characters for such an important haracter.
  • Luke looks great. Also seeing that Leia still gives critical chance up is a relief. My clones wouldn't have been too happy.
  • IlkhanHo wrote: »
    Eat that Kenobi.

Ha. This is going to be annoying as hell to fight in GW. I didn't even get to enjoy Thrawn yet lol. But it will be nice to help my Rebela trash GK and zMaul
  • Really good stuff! But why don't you guys ever give us enough lead time to prepare for these kinds of events? it's just so sad knowing "i could have had a chance, i'm so close, if only.." and the worst part, this time around - there's actually no way to unlock him other than at 7* which means he is technically behind 5x 7* empire team (for R2D2) and 5x 7* rebels team where 2 of which aren't popular, if not useless. And these kinds of events completely leave nothing out for new players to participate which is sad and not very motivating, if not already frustrating at its best most especially with gear farming aspect of the game. Please, at least let us buy R2D2 in the shop which should ease the burden a little bit. Assuming all other rebel toon requirements would be available also. Thanks a lot for this exciting new content, we know all the hard work that goes into these and we appreciate it the continuous support. All the best and more power!
  • Spiderface wrote: »
    Can you add Chewie to the list of characters used to unlock this because most of my guild doesn't have Old Ben. Such a small group of characters for such an important haracter.

I'm surprised they have Chewy at 7* and not Old Ben. Are they new?
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    That's a lot of abilities. I foresee him replacing the Rex, rebel teams in arena.
  • Woohoo finally
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    Caedas wrote: »
    Would have been nice to know which toons we needed earlier.

People have been guessing these 5 toons for MONTHS.
    Let the "I-told-you-so"s commence!

Ha, I made that post in June and warned everyone through July. The devs gave enough hints in June at the start of the journey.
    By the way... the next Luke will be harder to achieve. ;)
  • will luke unlock as a 5 or 7* character?

• KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Spiderface wrote: »
    Can you add Chewie to the list of characters used to unlock this because most of my guild doesn't have Old Ben. Such a small group of characters for such an important haracter.
    Start farming .., you have about 20 days worth of refreshing. Go. go. go.
  • Ledinis
    193 posts Member
    Im not sure whether i should be happy or sad.

On the one hand im a bit happy since Rex and Chaze are way to overused in arena and this leadership will kinda destroy them. On the other hand my guild finally cleared HAAT 3 weeks ago and im on my way to being a proud GK owner... unfortunately he and jedi in general will also get owned by this leadership :/ Yoda had only one usefull tool under his disposal which was the tenacity up. Now he is nothing but a low health low damage waste of space :/

Guess its time to jump the Rebel bandwagon again...

Hopefully sometime in the future Jedi Luke will bring just as OP of a skill set to the Jedi team as Commander Luke will do to rebels :P

Woooowww it will be wonderful!!! *_*
    They're making Luke event who I have 7* for palpatine...
    Let us choose between doing Luke or old Ben event