[Mega]Content Update 8/2 [Hot Fix] & Commander Luke Skywalker Intro

Replies

• Yea hes correct, in an arrogant elitist sort of way
    He was tipped
    Sorry its what i think, and i bet im right
    Just makes everyone else alot less foolish
    And him alot less clever
    And i might add getting the scoop before everyone else is the ultimate form of having your hand held
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • I think Chewbacca should have been a part of this. Even if not the event, at least give him a rework. He's a core member of that group as well. Rename him to just Chewbacca (he already has the look), give him tons of faction tags just like R2 has, and rework his abilities so he can be useful. Han Solo is getting a rework, so it's not like this is some random pitch. Chewie is always associated with Han and both of his toons are getting reworks so it should only be natural that Chewie also be included.
  • And if the requirement was just Farmer boy...i can get all those energy, gear, and credits for me working up prospective toons from those who are bragging now?
  • Zehava
    41 posts Member
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    SWGAMER6 wrote: »

OK laser brain. I'll say it again since you are too dull to understand me...the devs did not tell us what characters we would need until today! Everything was just speculation. Got it!?! It certainly could have been any other rebel character or Yoda for that matter that helped Luke. Get over it.
    One of the hints they gave was that his journey was going to be from Tatooine to escaping the first Death Star (despite the fact that some people foolishly decided to interpret this as the second Death Star).
    Which allies (that are in the game, which excludes C-3PO and Chewie) did Luke have during that time? In order: Biggs, R2, Old Ben, Han Solo, Stormtrooper Han, and Leia.
    The footage of Biggs was cut from ANH prior to the movie's release, making him unlikely. And raid Han was never likely to be a required character, and is ultimately unfarmable, per se. And Luke didn't meet any other rebels until after escaping from the Death Star.
    So you were warned.

Before you get too worn out from patting yourself on the back, the 5/23 update notes state the Heroes Journey doesn't end here, it's after he's a Jedi:

"help Luke prepare for his Hero's Journey as he embarks on the path to become a member of the forgotten Jedi Order."

But yeah nah, facts are inconvenient to being smug, eh?
  • Uklem
    46 posts Member
    Dakk wrote: »
    Another point of contention.... anyone needing to farm Han ST and Leia currently has to do both in the same shop, which also happens to be the arena shop. Arena currency doesnt come easy to everyone.

Just wait and see. Maybe they'll be dropped in the flash events. Also realize if absolutely everyone could get a new character on the first go around every time then it would be pointless to have invested time into a deep roster. It's actually a little rewarding to the players that did

I don't see how allowing me to try to get a 3* or 5* Commander Luke would impact the player who worked to get 7* Luke. The limitation on the event make it completely useless for me and a lot of people. I could maybe get Ben to 7* (would need 20 days I think), but finishing my empire team for R2, gearing and leveling all the character high enough and having their abilities level 6 or more is not something I can do.

Making a reward only for the best is good. Making an event only for the best is poor community management (the hype in the last few month for something which isn't for a majority make no sence), poor commercial management (what money will the whale or old player spend for this event?) and poor coding management (how much coding in the last few month for only a few % of the player base).
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Kozi said they would provide a way to get these characters more quickly. In the megathread
    I just expect whatever change they will make, do it fast!!

Otherwise the $99 pack wich gives u 1-30 shards is our only hope....

• They repeat everything, dont despair
    Trust me, the less lukes in arena the better
  • Uklem wrote: »
    Another point of contention.... anyone needing to farm Han ST and Leia currently has to do both in the same shop, which also happens to be the arena shop. Arena currency doesnt come easy to everyone.

Just wait and see. Maybe they'll be dropped in the flash events. Also realize if absolutely everyone could get a new character on the first go around every time then it would be pointless to have invested time into a deep roster. It's actually a little rewarding to the players that did

I don't see how allowing me to try to get a 3* or 5* Commander Luke would impact the player who worked to get 7* Luke. The limitation on the event make it completely useless for me and a lot of people. I could maybe get Ben to 7* (would need 20 days I think), but finishing my empire team for R2, gearing and leveling all the character high enough and having their abilities level 6 or more is not something I can do.

Making a reward only for the best is good. Making an event only for the best is poor community management (the hype in the last few month for something which isn't for a majority make no sence), poor commercial management (what money will the whale or old player spend for this event?) and poor coding management (how much coding in the last few month for only a few % of the player base).

Totally agree...even Thrawn was doable because most people had phoenix at 3 stars...if you can get to 5 stars...you can get thrawn unlocked.

This is just crazy
  • SpeedRacer wrote: »
    Kozi said they would provide a way to get these characters more quickly. In the megathread
    I just expect whatever change they will make, do it fast!!

Otherwise the $99 pack wich gives u 1-30 shards is your only hope....

Thats your only hope, he practically said so
    U better hope their only $99 haha
    I get some magic beans for that cow of yours, interested?
  • Please devs, make it happen.
    My +19000, ZETA Chewy is ready.
  • Osirisreborn
    1017 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    [/quote]

Totally agree...even Thrawn was doable because most people had phoenix at 3 stars...if you can get to 5 stars...you can get thrawn unlocked.

This is just crazy[/quote]

Crazy is ok, r2 *s and some rewards is good

Maybe new han and leia are the runner up awards?
  • will i be able to unlock with
    vader 7* g8 lvl79
    EP 6* g8 lvl 65
    Tarkin 5* g6 lvl 54
    ST 5* g5 lvl 53
    Magmatrooper 5* g4 lvl 25
  • Calbear949 wrote: »
    Uklem wrote: »

This is just crazy

Don't get me wrong. You would think this would've been done for the holy grail ROTJ Luke. Not for Commander Luke. He's not as important as ROTJ Luke and anyone will tell you that. However I don't think it's right to limit a person to a certain character AND tell them to UNLOCK the character you need those characters at 7* when all the other ones like palp yoda r2 and Thrawn you could unlock at 5*... just sayin. This is going to be more like a job rather than a game sadly. :disappointed:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • When will you release a new chewy
  • try to bump up magmatrooper, like a lot
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Does anyone really believe the rewards will be 7* luke or zero, zilch?
    Take the ride, its free
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    maybe with good RNG. get everyone up to g7 and it becomes a probable yes.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    Calbear949 wrote: »

This is just crazy

Don't get me wrong. You would think this would've been done for the holy grail ROTJ Luke. Not for Commander Luke. He's not as important as ROTJ Luke and anyone will tell you that. However I don't think it's right to limit a person to a certain character AND tell them to UNLOCK the character you need those characters at 7* when all the other ones like palp yoda r2 and Thrawn you could unlock at 5*... just sayin. This is going to be more like a job rather than a game sadly. :disappointed:

Let us not forget the r2 event being drop in game with 7 hour notice while yoda event had 14 day notice
  • So stoked about this event, but also having severe anxiety over gear level requirements. Will G9 be enough for each character? Guess I'll find out soon.
  • Unfortunately I'm out of credits. Obviously I won't be getting r2 to 7* soon. But will I be able to open to 5* r2
  • Well probably 7 hrs plus 7 days
    This will be the best reward
    even if many fail to max r2 many will get r2 unlocked or normal tank r2
    Not insignificant
  • Harvz wrote: »
    Anyone notice Old Ben had taunt in the GIFs?

That was R2's ability

Wrong. R2 doesn't give taunt. It's from Old Ben's rework.
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member
    Yesac wrote: »
    Pyrefly wrote: »

OK laser brain. I'll say it again since you are too dull to understand me...the devs did not tell us what characters we would need until today! Everything was just speculation. Got it!?! It certainly could have been any other rebel character or Yoda for that matter that helped Luke. Get over it.
    One of the hints they gave was that his journey was going to be from Tatooine to escaping the first Death Star (despite the fact that some people foolishly decided to interpret this as the second Death Star).
    Which allies (that are in the game, which excludes C-3PO and Chewie) did Luke have during that time? In order: Biggs, R2, Old Ben, Han Solo, Stormtrooper Han, and Leia.
    The footage of Biggs was cut from ANH prior to the movie's release, making him unlikely. And raid Han was never likely to be a required character, and is ultimately unfarmable, per se. And Luke didn't meet any other rebels until after escaping from the Death Star.
    So you were warned.

This is absolutely correct. Everyone should have known. It's different than everyone doing something about it, but we all knew.

I've read so many posts in the last month that identifies these specific toons. Over and over. Some people were in denial.

Total ****. It was all speculation. The devs have totally *&#/$*!# most of their customers.

First, if it was "all speculation," how come they were 100% correct? It isn't exactly brain surgery to piece it together. Instead of arguing with everyone on the forum, maybe some people should listen.

The devs haven't done anything to the huge majority of the customers. Luke looks like a beast. That's what the customers wanted. If you thought they were going to let you use any 5 toons you wanted, you obviously are delusional.

And since when, in nearly two years, have they explicitly said, "When we release this soon to be op toon that everyone wants, you will need these five toons..."? Didn't we just have R2 and Thrawn like a couple months ago? The devs don't have to tell us everything so that everyone gets the legendary character. What fun with that be? FYI: I've got 200 shards to go with Old Ben. My Luke is 28 from 7*. Both of those were 0/330 before the Luke flash event.

One good thing, Old Ben was incredibly easy to get to g8. I did it with maybe 60 energy. My Luke is g6.

• Calbear949 wrote: »
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    Calbear949 wrote: »

This is just crazy

Let us not forget the r2 event being drop in game with 7 hour notice while yoda event had 14 day notice

Yah. Trust me I remember. But at least this time around I have 7* palp, am going to get my yoda 7* ed, am going to get a 6* r2, AND going to get a 5* Thrawn.

HOWEVER... Commander Luke will take literally FOREVER for me to get since I only have a 7* st Han and 7* farmboy Luke, 2* Princess Leia, will have a 6* r2 this go around, and I don't even have Old Ben. A "Long Farm" would be the biggest understatement in the world ATM. :confused:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Varlie wrote: »
    People always get annoyed when they announce the requirements. All of those characters with the exception of R2 has been in the game since the beginning.
    I'm just looking forward to see what their reworks are

Amen. I'm 36 Luke shards from having the full squad, and had actively avoided Luke becore the first flash events. Since then, I've only picked up his shards from guild shipments here and there while focussing on Phoenix Squad in anticipation of Thrawn's eventual return.
  • mrjazz wrote: »
    Varlie wrote: »
    People always get annoyed when they announce the requirements. All of those characters with the exception of R2 has been in the game since the beginning.
    I'm just looking forward to see what their reworks are

Thats all good and well if you have been playing since the beginning, screw anyone that only just started recently.
    They baited with yoda and switched for R2 to sell packs and refills for both events, on 2 days notice on forums, and if you dont read the forums, and just play in game, theres no notice of R2 which is already extremely rare event

Yoda is still coming this month. How is that a bait-and-switch? All they did was add an opportunity to get R2 starred up before the Luke event.
  • S1THLRD wrote: »
    So is there NOT going to be a GM Yoda event now? I've been building up Jedi for a while now trying to get ready

It is still there
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Hmmm so they still haven't bothered doing anything with chewbacca then? He should be involved in this event.
    That's Clone Wars Chewbacca. There is no Chewbacca from any movie yet. Besides, the characters you need are all from New Hope and there are already 5 slots. (Besides, besides--man, imagine an event needing 3 tanks...)
    Except for R2 - these are original launch characters. Leia, Old Ben, Han have all been meta at one point. Farmboy Luke is the only one that wasn't and we had a heads up on him.
    I started in February 2016, dodge meta didn't last much longer than that. So anyone who has played for 16 months or less is almost certainly missing him. That's not a silly newbie who made bad decisions. Farming Old Ben after the end of the Reign of Dodges was a bad decision.
    Clone Wars Chewbacca is with Yoda at the end of ROTS.

He probably never saw ROTS

True.
  • ObiWanNightStand
    34 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    "To unlock Commander Skywalker, players will require the following Characters at seven stars:

Old Ben Kenobi
    Princess Leia
    Stormtrooper Han
    Luke Skywalker (Farmboy)
    R2-D2"

Whyyyyyyou guys ignore chewbaka so muchhh
    ??

RoXoN -KanjiKlub Indonesia-
    --- 819459164 ---

Through power, I gain victory. The force shall free me
  • Theyll never ever ever do that, would mean admitting the screwed up royally and put wrong pilots in falcon
    If it wasnt for JJ abrams we could have had.....
    han and chewie would have been resupplying on the ground with theirship the falcon, and here come rey, finn, and bb8 with first order trying to nuke em and they just run in the ship, han gets his intro says something witty chewie roars (crowd goes wild) and they get shot at so they have to run in too and take off! Now rey can fix something in ship to save the day and finn can rock out in the turret we can still keep the thread the needle crashed star destroyer chase and skip the painful and pointless smuggler of tentacles scene, rey fixes stuff cause shes a tinker finn rocks the guns cuz hes a stormtrooper and han and chewie fly the ship!
    Any questions?

What's your favourite colour?