Character Strategy: Commander Luke Skywalker

Replies

• will luke unlock as a 5 or 7* character?

Unlocks at: Seven stars
    Available from: Hero's Journey Event
    Abilities
    from https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/124212/character-strategy-commander-luke-skywalker/p1
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • I feel so bad for C3PO missing out on all the action. And Chewie.

My guess is the Ewok pass will lead to Legendary C3PO unlock next month or the month after. Since all the faction passes so far to date has lead to a legendary unlock.

Plus it makes sense story wise C3PO is the ewok's god! Ewoks battle rebels. and unlock C3PO.
  • I know I'm probably the only one, but I never used Stormtrooper Han and now there isn't really a way to get him to 7*. Any chance of making the shards available again (or add Han Solo as an option?)
  • I hope they don't nerf him after we invest in him. That's getting crazy
  • Ruasoh wrote: »
    I know I'm probably the only one, but I never used Stormtrooper Han and now there isn't really a way to get him to 7*. Any chance of making the shards available again (or add Han Solo as an option?)

They said they'll announce it soon.
  • Awesome news. I think the requirements to unlock are a bit easy, but, I understand not everyone was around for the dodge meta. Good stuff CG!
    You can all go to hell, me... I'll go to Texas
  • Can somebody tell me what the requirements to unlock CL? I only know farm boy Luke. Not old ben.
  • I could accept that ATF wasn't a Jedi... But there i'm really angry. You just don't wanna see Jedi faction too powerfull, I hate you when I see all you did for Siths.
  • I could accept that ATF wasn't a Jedi... But there i'm really angry. You just don't wanna see Jedi faction too powerfull, I hate you when I see all you did for Siths.

Jedi Pass is coming. Have patience young Padawan.
  • I'm glad he unlocks at seven stars so plebs won't try to get by with a three star or a five star toon. It's all or nothing now plebs lol.
  • I find it funny that a lot of people are complaining about needing specific "useless" toons. If this was meant to be an EASY 7* toon, they'd just give it to us. There has to be some kind of challenge; otherwise what's the point. This is an awesome reward for those that have been playing since the Old Ben meta and have farmed the toons required. It's called progression. And FYI, I'm a straight F2P player with 45 shards to go on Ben. Happy farming!
    Guild Leader - That's n0 Moon
  • So for the unlock do we need Stormtrooper han or raid han?

You content update notes said Stormtrooper han but the pictures here shows Raid Han Solo. A clarification would be Awesome :)

@CG_Kozispoon

It also says you need farmboy Luke, but they show Commander Luke in the gifs.

These aren't gifs for the Hero's Journey. They're just here to showcase Commander Luke Skywalkers abilities.

Indeed, plus it would be weird to show farmboy Luke when showcasing Commander Luke's abilities.

Thank you @CG_Kozispoon for the clarification.
    829-416-931
  • saying hes op would be a understatement my god.
  • kodias
    264 posts Member
    I could accept that ATF wasn't a Jedi... But there i'm really angry. You just don't wanna see Jedi faction too powerfull, I hate you when I see all you did for Siths.

I agree. After all this time, we still aren't getting a Luke with a Jedi tag. Why not rework farming luke and make him a viable rebel and finally give us Jedi Luke. He has a light saber so why not give him a Jedi tag.

It looks like they are going for a hoth Luke. So he hasn't trained with yoda yet but obi still trained him a bit in anh. So he would be considered a padawan at this point?? We have Ashoka Tano and she's a padawan with a Jedi tag so come on devs give us CLS with rebel and Jedi tags. We don't need anymore rebels

• Jordy_Rain
    43 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Do you seriously think it's a good idea to release an amazing character but force 4 random required characters that not everyone has, with such short notice that no one can turn around and have them in time? This is ridiculous.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Krayden_Phogg
    1685 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Jordy_Rain wrote: »
    Do you seriously think it's a good idea to release an amazing character but force 4 random required characters that not everyone has, with such short notice that no one can turn around and have them in time? This is ridiculous.

Explain how this is different from every other legendary release?
  • kodias wrote: »
    I could accept that ATF wasn't a Jedi... But there i'm really angry. You just don't wanna see Jedi faction too powerfull, I hate you when I see all you did for Siths.

I agree. After all this time, we still aren't getting a Luke with a Jedi tag. Why not rework farming luke and make him a viable rebel and finally give us Jedi Luke. He has a light saber so why not give him a Jedi tag.

It looks like they are going for a hoth Luke. So he hasn't trained with yoda yet but obi still trained him a bit in anh. So he would be considered a padawan at this point?? We have Ashoka Tano and she's a padawan with a Jedi tag so come on devs give us CLS with rebel and Jedi tags. We don't need anymore rebels

You don't know if has a Jedi tag or not. We know he doesn't have abilities that are jedi specific, but he can have the tag.
  • kodias wrote: »

You don't know if has a Jedi tag or not. We know he doesn't have abilities that are jedi specific, but he can have the tag.

CLS appears to not be a Jedi going by the screen grab on P1. Rebel and attacker are his tags
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Jordy_Rain
    43 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Do you seriously think it's a good idea to release an amazing character but force 4 random required characters that not everyone has, with such short notice that no one can turn around and have them in time? This is ridiculous. After almost a year of playing... I'm seriously considering quitting.

2 reasons.
    1. Before thrawn, every legendary had reasonable asks. Jedi, rebels, Empire... these are all reasonable with lots of options available. Here we need 4 ve4y specific characters, a couple of which are useless, even for raids. Thrawn was **** I think everyone agrees... you can watch the many videos on YouTube showing ppl's rage to find that Phoenix were required. But at least you can get a 5* or 6* thrown, which brings me to my second reason..
    2. At 7*, you either get him or you dont. No way to play with him until the event comes back. Again.. I wouldn't mind if you needed a certain faction.. but to say these 4 characters at 7*.. it's ridiculous.

Ppl who have been playing for years and have the gotta catch am all syndrome are all loving this... but it's not good for the game. It's not good for early game or mid game players. Again, late gamers are the ones who benefit. I bet you are rooting for ugnaut and gamorian guard to unlock JKL.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Finally an OP rebel ! After the Empire OPness, it was time to release one. We didn't see Chaze anymore, Chaze will rise again and hit harder with the offense boost ! Take care Dark Side users, triple cleanse is back with more power ! (eeeeehhh was never really gone ...)

Can't imagine the power of Jedi Luke.
  • anonidude wrote: »
    kodias wrote: »

CLS appears to not be a Jedi going by the screen grab on P1. Rebel and attacker are his tags

I agree, but it's still possible, albeit highly unlikely. I for one hope he doesn't.
  • Jordy_Rain
    43 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Do you seriously think it's a good idea to release an amazing character but force 4 random required characters that not everyone has, with such short notice that no one can turn around and have them in time? This is ridiculous. After almost a year of playing... I'm seriously considering quitting.

I thought of a third reason. We have been anticipating this release for months.. it will be such a huge character in the game... with all the updates we got, they wait for the very last minute to tell us who we will need... very careless
  • Krayden_Phogg
    1685 posts Member
    edited August 2017

2 reasons.
    1. Before thrawn, every legendary had reasonable asks. Jedi, rebels, Empire... these are all reasonable with lots of options available. Here we need 4 ve4y specific characters, a couple of which are useless, even for raids. Thrawn was **** I think everyone agrees... you can watch the many videos on YouTube showing ppl's rage to find that Phoenix were required. But at least you can get a 5* or 6* thrown, which brings me to my second reason..
    2. At 7*, you either get him or you dont. No way to play with him until the event comes back. Again.. I wouldn't mind if you needed a certain faction.. but to say these 4 characters at 7*.. it's ridiculous.

Ppl who have been playing for years and have the gotta catch am all syndrome are all loving this... but it's not good for the game. It's not good for early game or mid game players. Again, late gamers are the ones who benefit. I bet you are rooting for ugnaut and gamorian guard to unlock JKL.

I'm guessing you don't raid much. Leia, STHan and to a lesser extent Raid Han and Luke have been used in raids to varying degrees. Using old Ben and his AOE ability block can come in handy, but not a go to toon.
  • Jordy_Rain wrote: »

2 reasons.

Ppl who have been playing for years and have the gotta catch am all syndrome are all loving this... but it's not good for the game. It's not good for early game or mid game players. Again, late gamers are the ones who benefit. I bet you are rooting for ugnaut and gamorian guard to unlock JKL. Ppl will start quitting and less ppl will start playing you watch.

I'm guessing you don't raid much. Leia, STHan and to a lesser extent Raid Han and Luke have been used in raids to varying degrees. Using old Ben and his AOE ability block can come in handy, but not a go to toon.

I raid plenty. I have Leia.. she was one of my first 7*s. Old Ben and st Han are useless in raids. Show me one meta team with either of them.
  • Luke is going to be super OP!!!
  • JJay
    368 posts Member
    edited August 2017

Can you please let us all know what gear level the required characters need to be for the event ?

It's vitally important as I want to know who I have to work on, and I imagine thousands of other players need to know too.
  • It's 5 specific toons that most people have correctly guessed since what? May? And who has waited longer than those of us who saw the Old Ben meta days, odds are you still wont have to wait as long as we did.
  • BaalZebul wrote: »
    It's 5 specific toons that most people have correctly guessed since what? May? And who has waited longer than those of us who saw the Old Ben meta days, odds are you still wont have to wait as long as we did.

If you were in the old Ben meta days you actually used old Ben. That is my point.. late game players benefit once again.
  • With using JKA's light saber, having an ability called Use the Force and taught by Obiwan and Yoda, but not a Jedi, you must be kidding me
  • JJay
    368 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    01Hydrogen wrote: »
    With using JKA's light saber, having an ability called Use the Force and taught by Obiwan and Yoda, but not a Jedi, you must be kidding me

I was just saying that to my guild mates, it's silly he's not classed as a Jedi