Grand Master Yoda

Replies

• Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    LordePurge wrote: »
    YODA CHALLENGE: I need help my five star Jedi team is....
    Old Ben
    Ashoka Tano
    Jedi Consular
    Kit Fisto
    Plo Koon
    Qui Gon Jinn
    Luminara Unduli
    I've tried four times now no luck.... And my levels are 62-64 with gear lvl five plus

Gear them higher, I used lumi, QGJ, JC, Mace, Koth
  • Hewbler wrote: »
    He is possible, just really really hard!
    3 healers, QGJ as leader, some luck and a lot of attempts.

This is the problem. Even if you have a 7*, level 70, totally geared Jedi team....you STILL need luck. I've gotten that little green ba***rd down to the red 30 times by now and he always does the wrong thing.
    I know people have beaten with the same or worse team than I'm using so this is getting really annoying.
    I think I'm in the bad section of the RNG or something.

I dunno, if you get him down to red like 20 times or something it should count. They need something to account for bad RNG bc it's not like you can power through or anything.
    iN Spectre
  • What f2p means? And OP?
    Thank you
  • JWH
    138 posts Member
    I stopped farming the 7*. Aggravated that I have to rely on a sliver of luck to get him after spending three days of farming. Skill is less a factor than luck and that is something I can't support. Yoda shouldn't be a lottery.
  • To be honest, at least 50% of the people who gotten yoda on the first day relied on the anakin bug I couldnt take him down even with that so game over I guess
  • It's so hard to get characters (jedis) to max them out to 7 stars if the shards not available in battle
  • Got 7* Yoda today with the following group:
    Lead: Lumi lvl70 gear8 (missing 1)
    QGJ lvl70 gear8 (full)
    Kit FIsto lvl 70 gear8 (missing 1)
    Obi-Wan lvl67 gear8 (missing 2)
    JC lvlv66 gear8 (missing 1)

Yoda had Anakin and JC with him. Lumi is great for giving constant heals and damage mitigation. As others have mentioned, don't use specials and just focus down one at a time saving Yoda for last. Don't use anything he can resist and save QGJ's assist for when he won't avoid it. Also praty to RNGESUS.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • The battle to get the last 45 shards to get Yoda is impossible
  • I have
    7* Lumi
    7* JC
    5* QGJ
    5* Mace
    5* Guardian

Will that team be able to take out 5* yoda
  • I have
    7* Lumi
    7* JC
    5* QGJ
    5* Mace
    5* Guardian

Will that team be able to take out 5* yoda

Yes you are more than fine!
  • Finally i got that ugly little green goblin with my F2P team (i didnt have any other 7* jedis): Barris(L), Lumi, Quigon, JC, Ashoka. Needed "only" around 3hr and more then 60 try. At start im retreated always till i got Barris+other jedi, but finally did it when he had Kit+Ashoka besides him. Dont give up my F2P friends just need a lot of patient (and tons of luck). GL
  • hayssss this event is for high level characters only
  • LordePurge wrote: »
    YODA CHALLENGE: I need help my five star Jedi team is....
    Old Ben
    Ashoka Tano
    Jedi Consular
    Kit Fisto
    Plo Koon
    Qui Gon Jinn
    Luminara Unduli
    I've tried four times now no luck.... And my levels are 62-64 with gear lvl five plus

The gear lvl 5 + is your problem. Try gear 7 - 8 and you'll have better luck
  • Which is a complete sick joke **** is going on we are giving 10 shards for 1 measly shard what a greedy bunch of badgers these game makers are eh?
  • Bah, I fought Yoda a couple times on my server and he went down like a ****. Not gonna waste time leveling 3 Jedi I don't like to get 1 hero I'm not impressed by. I'd rather put all of those time and resources into leveling a new team or something.
  • DarkHelmut
    54 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I give up. I have a maxed out seven star team of
    Qgj
    Lum
    Kit
    Ashoka
    JC

This "challenge" has made me hate Yoda as a character and I no longer care to obtain him at 7*

He's a cheating little imp. His turn meter obeys no rules. He gets another turn whenever it suits him. Doesn't like that I dodged? Another turn. Doesn't like the damage he did? Another turn. My health is too high? Another turn.

Does that little green eye that makes him immune to damage have to pop up after every move he makes? Like holy god. Forsight is broken ****.

He really hates when I get him into the red, because then he just uses his instant win button. I've gotten him into red 100's of times. Full team, almost full health, doesn't matter. He gets full turn meter when he kills, which means he can and probably will wipe you out.

I'm a good player, I know a lot about the mechanics of this game and I'm a whale. But none of my skill or money makes any difference in this fight. It's just luck and after maybe 500 battles I'm calling it quits until the level cap is raised. Of course they'll probably just buff him to 80 anyway....

Not fun. EA has made me loath a beloved childhood character lol
  • Today I met Yoda in Arena battle and fought against him. He's pretty OK, but, I guess, AI lost more than a half of his potentialities.
    Never the less... Can someone explain me, how did Yoda get Offence up after attacking my squad? He was expected to replicate all positive status effects from my squad but at that moment I had only taunt of my Chewie. Is it OK? Does he always get offence up, or does he get it instead of taunt, or does he get it when there are no possible buffs to replicate, or does such a bug exist?
  • Just a warning to anyone thinking spending money will help with 7* Yoda...it won't. It doesn't matter what Jedi you use or how strong they are. He will mop the floor with them. He is transaction bait, nothing more.
  • finally I got my 5 star Yoda activated. My Jedi combo are
    Old Ben
    Jedi Consular
    Kit Fisto
    Qui Gon Jinn
    Luminara Unduli
    I've tried 5-6 times and won with only kit fists left standing.

Here is my advice. Concentrate on leveling the 5 Jedi ur gonna use. I kept upgrading their gears to 6 and 7 then my level at 55. Booomm I got it. If you see yoda with active skill don't use your special skills. Regular attacks are most effective on yoda.

• DarkHelmut wrote: »
    Just a warning to anyone thinking spending money will help with 7* Yoda...it won't. It doesn't matter what Jedi you use or how strong they are. He will mop the floor with them. He is transaction bait, nothing more.

This

Yoda challenge is a misleading joke, if i knew that even after farming 5 maxed out 7* jedi its still like a 1/500 chance to even get close to beating this green **** i never would of bothered.
    Qgj
    Lum
    Kit
    Ashoka
    JC

This "challenge" has made me hate Yoda as a character and I no longer care to obtain him at 7*

He's a cheating little imp. His turn meter obeys no rules. He gets another turn whenever it suits him. Doesn't like that I dodged? Another turn. Doesn't like the damage he did? Another turn. My health is too high? Another turn.

Does that little green eye that makes him immune to damage have to pop up after every move he makes? Like holy god. Forsight is broken ****.

He really hates when I get him into the red, because then he just uses his instant win button. I've gotten him into red 100's of times. Full team, almost full health, doesn't matter. He gets full turn meter when he kills, which means he can and probably will wipe you out.

I'm a good player, I know a lot about the mechanics of this game and I'm a whale. But none of my skill or money makes any difference in this fight. It's just luck and after maybe 500 battles I'm calling it quits until the level cap is raised. Of course they'll probably just buff him to 80 anyway....

That's because he's just EA taking advantage of a favorite character. They don't care about their players.

• I like the fact that he's crazy hard at 7*. It's too easy for most characters to be purchased at 7*, making them far too common and annoying to see everywhere. I did 5* at level 64, gear 7 and 8. Party was Mace, Eeth, JC, Barriss, and Lumi. Easy. I'll have 6* on Wednesday, 7* next month. I didn't even know he was adding turn meter on resist, still beat him at 5* easily, so I'm not worried about it.
  • Wow that's awful I'm so sorry man!
  • Omgosh that's awful I'm glad I'm stopped spending money then trying to Elite my players to get a Yoda past Elite 5 star everything you guys are saying is true EA doesn't give a crap about their players only lining their pockets with our hard earned money that they clearly don't deserve...

• Timothious
    90 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    unnecessary quote

Edit

Post edited by FashionFett on
  • Timothious
    90 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    unnecessary quote

Edit
    Post edited by FashionFett on
    Qgj
    Lum
    Kit
    Ashoka
    JC

• JWH wrote: »
    I stopped farming the 7*. Aggravated that I have to rely on a sliver of luck to get him after spending three days of farming. Skill is less a factor than luck and that is something I can't support. Yoda shouldn't be a lottery.

Just a warning to anyone thinking spending money will help with 7* Yoda...it won't. It doesn't matter what Jedi you use or how strong they are. He will mop the floor with them. He is transaction bait, nothing more.

This

Yoda challenge is a misleading joke, if i knew that even after farming 5 maxed out 7* jedi its still like a 1/500 chance to even get close to beating this green **** i never would of bothered.

• Seeing how the developers do things, I think he will get an unannounced nerf and be easier to defeat when he comes back around. He was meant to be exclusive for a select few at 7* this time to generate hype.
This discussion has been closed.