Dark Side Answer for Luke?

Replies

• BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Or Dark Side answer can be a Saxon lead with Thrawn, DT, ShT, EP.

Counter vs Counter. Thrawn and CLS have almost the same abilities by the way. But DT dazes on counter and double shot on rebels.
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    It's called Nihilus. The current most game-breaking toon that has ever been released in this game. So the question isn't Dark Side Answer for Luke, the question is Light Side answer for DN. And we just go it in the form of Luke.

I lol'ed so hard at this, DN the most game breaking toon lmaoooooooooooooo....

DN is only as good as he is because it is "hide the darth nihilus"
    It's called Nihilus. The current most game-breaking toon that has ever been released in this game. So the question isn't Dark Side Answer for Luke, the question is Light Side answer for DN. And we just go it in the form of Luke.

I lol'ed so hard at this, DN the most game breaking toon lmaoooooooooooooo....

DN is only as good as he is because it is "hide the darth nihilus"

Which is more than enough. Ability block that ignores tenacity(Uhm sorry I meant cooldown increasse), Dispel on basic(which also happens to deal quite a bit of damage), reduce cooldowns on the ability block every time you dispel a buff from an enemy(sorry again, I mean cooldown increase ability) and to top it off an ability that doesn't care if you have 10000000% armor and 999999999 health + protection. It simply one-shots you. So yes mate he is the most game breaking toon in the game. There isn't a single other toon that you can see in every single team.

Lol and all of what u just mentioned is null without the proper toons to hide DN behind.

So once again DN is only as good as he is from hiding behind current toons.

And if you're looking singularly at broken kit no one has a more broken kit than thrawn.

Useage % don't automatically dictate brokness

That is not unique to DN, protecting your DPS/important toons is required for almost any team. Thus why in a vast majority of builds you have to have a tank. Protection could be stealth, taunt, speed (wiggs go first) but at the end of the day its all protecting your toons with the obvious plan to do it better than your opponent.

Automatically dictate brokenness? no but it certainly is a good indication just like smoke is a good indication of fire.

They did probably about as good of a job as one can expect with an insta-kill ability, but imo its going to be hard to balance around for the rest of the game.

• Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    General Grievous rework.

TQZcJL0.gif
  • BulYwif wrote: »

Counter vs Counter. Thrawn and CLS have almost the same abilities by the way. But DT dazes on counter and double shot on rebels.

CLS has his own Daze, that works 100% on Empire. CLS also increases rebels stats. CLS is at another level compared to Saxon.
  • Sothe
    179 posts Member
    There's Thrawn and uh...Thrawn?
  • Commander Luke is the "first" character with 3 zetas and 6 abilities but he won't be the only. Power creep. I'm guessing Revan, Snoke, TLJ Luke etc will also be equally powerful
  • Commander Luke is the "first" character with 3 zetas and 6 abilities but he won't be the only. Power creep. I'm guessing Revan, Snoke, TLJ Luke etc will also be equally powerful

This. I believe that they have opened the door to allow powerful toons such as Revan, possibly a different Vader as well, into the game. The possibilities could be amazing
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    BulYwif wrote: »

CLS has his own Daze, that works 100% on Empire. CLS also increases rebels stats. CLS is at another level compared to Saxon.

We shouldn't have read the same thing so .... CLS can stun, DT and Thrawn too. Battle will be equitable, rebels are a strong faction, Empire too. You complain everytime that rebels don't need any zeta to be viable, CLS need 3 just be himself.

Balanced.
  • BulYwif wrote: »
    Commander Luke is good for sure. He's the only toon that can be unlocked 7* so either you have all the required toons 7* or you cannot unlock him. So except old players and whales, audience is limited.

Luke is no way more powerful than Thrawn.
    • BASIC: Luke stuns IF Defense Down. Thrawn stuns IF Ability Block.
    • USE THE FORCE: Luke dispels all buffs on them, remove 100% Turn Meter. Thrawn's fracture is doing the same thing.
    • CALL TO ACTION: Luke gains 100% Turn Meter and recovers 40% Health and 40% Protection. Thrawn's swap TM gives 40% protection to him and the selected target, gives 100% TM to the selected target too.
    • Luke counters, Thrawn too when fractured.
    • His leadership is only for Rebels. Thrawn's leadership is only for Empire.

The OPness of Luke is relative. Toons will be more and more like that, at least the RARE ones. Factions will have more and more synergies too (Ewoks, Troopers, Siths).

An Empire team with Thrawn can for now wreck every team.
    A full Rebel team with Commander Luke could do the same (Luke(L), Chaze, Wiggs).

few things you forget. while Luke and thrawn are pretty much the same, rebels >> empire even after the empire pass.
    Put Luke with chaze and r2d2 and you already have unstoppable team. yea, thrawn have all the stuff that luke does, but what empire toon can hide all like r2, give them bonuses of 10% of his stats, stun basically every time it basic ? id ask the same for chaze but LOL, there are no 2 toons in the game that can bring so much to a team like chaze bring to rebels.
    i'll be more specific - if thrawn leader ability was to EMPIRE or REBELS - you'd see Thrawn L,Chaze,R2D2, XYZ.
    if Luke leader ability was to EMPIRE or REBELS - you'd see Luke,Chaze,R2D2, XYZ.
    so..... luke is as powerful as thrawn as standalone toon, ok. but luke is much better option as leader.

i still dont know how to stop, defensively, a team of Luke,Chaze,r2, Thrawn/DN/GK, for example. i dont think a team like that can be beaten with what we have today - only by a copying few toons of that team. really not sure about empire team can beat that.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    ZaulLover wrote: »
    BulYwif wrote: »
    Commander Luke is good for sure. He's the only toon that can be unlocked 7* so either you have all the required toons 7* or you cannot unlock him. So except old players and whales, audience is limited.

Luke is no way more powerful than Thrawn.
    • BASIC: Luke stuns IF Defense Down. Thrawn stuns IF Ability Block.
    • USE THE FORCE: Luke dispels all buffs on them, remove 100% Turn Meter. Thrawn's fracture is doing the same thing.
    • CALL TO ACTION: Luke gains 100% Turn Meter and recovers 40% Health and 40% Protection. Thrawn's swap TM gives 40% protection to him and the selected target, gives 100% TM to the selected target too.
    • Luke counters, Thrawn too when fractured.
    • His leadership is only for Rebels. Thrawn's leadership is only for Empire.

The OPness of Luke is relative. Toons will be more and more like that, at least the RARE ones. Factions will have more and more synergies too (Ewoks, Troopers, Siths).

An Empire team with Thrawn can for now wreck every team.
    A full Rebel team with Commander Luke could do the same (Luke(L), Chaze, Wiggs).

few things you forget. while Luke and thrawn are pretty much the same, rebels >> empire even after the empire pass.
    Put Luke with chaze and r2d2 and you already have unstoppable team. yea, thrawn have all the stuff that luke does, but what empire toon can hide all like r2, give them bonuses of 10% of his stats, stun basically every time it basic ? id ask the same for chaze but LOL, there are no 2 toons in the game that can bring so much to a team like chaze bring to rebels.
    i'll be more specific - if thrawn leader ability was to EMPIRE or REBELS - you'd see Thrawn L,Chaze,R2D2, XYZ.
    if Luke leader ability was to EMPIRE or REBELS - you'd see Luke,Chaze,R2D2, XYZ.
    so..... luke is as powerful as thrawn as standalone toon, ok. but luke is much better option as leader.

i still dont know how to stop, defensively, a team of Luke,Chaze,r2, Thrawn/DN/GK, for example. i dont think a team like that can be beaten with what we have today - only by a copying few toons of that team. really not sure about empire team can beat that.

R2's Smoke and Screen counter is DT's grenade, it's what I'm using everytime. R2 can stun on basic, DT too because he double shot. I usually fracture Baze or GK and double shot R2. For the TM gain, Thrawn gives TM too on his lead and Luke debuff giving Thrawn team TM.
    There's everytime a lot of noise around new toons. Even without seeing him in action, people consider them as OP (Ahsoka Fulcrum is the perfect example and nobody uses her). Thrawn is considered as OP be he's balanced since he's chasing Chaze.
  • Kissycat wrote: »
    Commander Luke is the "first" character with 3 zetas and 6 abilities but he won't be the only. Power creep. I'm guessing Revan, Snoke, TLJ Luke etc will also be equally powerful

This. I believe that they have opened the door to allow powerful toons such as Revan, possibly a different Vader as well, into the game. The possibilities could be amazing
    I don't see how we could get a different Vader. JKA is the one from Ep3, already under influence of the Dark Side (Jedi, yes, but inflicting Healing Immunity does not "feel Light Side"), and there is very little time between his full conversion to Sith and the moment he becomes the "classic" Darth Vader.
  • AlexTheG wrote: »
    Forget it. Bias to Rebels is absurd and completely out of control.
    Hahaha yeh cuz a team with thrawn, shore is so weak
  • I will most likely be running CL, Chaze, Wiggs going forward.

But my initial thoughts on a DS counter team would be Zader Lead, with Death Trooper, Thrawn, Nihilus, and Boba. Idea would be to make Boba very, very fast so that he goes first and can apply ability block on everyone. Then nihilus would use drain force, vader goes third with force crush, followed by Death Trooper who hits his aoe grenade to remove baze's taunt and apply healing immunity to all. Finally would be Thrawn who could fracture Luke. Worst case scenario Biggs gets off his double shot during this opening sequence if the ability block doesn't stick to him. After your first turn the CL led squad should be close to half dead and chirrut won't be able to heal them up. Turn two, boba applies DOTs to somebody, nihilus removes any buffs that may have accumulated on biggs, vader one shots someone with a culling blade, DT hits his terminate on someone, then if thrawn has come off of his fracture time out, he can either stun an ability blocked opponent, or give an ally 40% protection back if biggs hit during opening sequence.... If thrawn is still on time out, then boba goes again with his execute.
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Zader- minimal buffs to dispel, can't do all his crazy crap if he doesn't get a turn
    Deathtrooper- daze on basic (Maul could also do this) double attack if enemy is a rebel, deathmark will wreck
    Thrawn- fracture for instant shutdown. If he has the speed up he'll use his insta gain 100% meter but also be ability blocked, Krennic lead could also work for this
    Palp- shock for no bonus meter or healing
    Shoretrooper- crit immunity, can only ignore taunts he has call to action
    Would you look at that a whole empire to stop him

Almost like they were the main characters of the Original Trilogy or something.

...been pointed out many times. It's a holo table simulation game. It's not dependent on Star Wars lore. 2 of the most recent OP rebels were at best, minor characters. So what''s your point?

Agreed.
  • StormTro0p3R_H
    1643 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    AlexTheG wrote: »
    AlexTheG wrote: »

...been pointed out many times. It's a holo table simulation game. It's not dependent on Star Wars lore. 2 of the most recent OP rebels were at best, minor characters. So what''s your point?

My point is this holotable based game is biased towards rebels just like the movies were.

And aside from that, this is not some minor rebel scum we are talking about here. Movies or holotable....it's Luke Skywalker.

Now I'm with you on the minor characters being OP is dumb. But a case can be made for Chaze not being all that "minor." Wiggs though, yeah that always bothered me, too.
  • Osirisreborn
    1017 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Slight chance the AI cant handle on defence (several powerful non rebels)
    Some hope there
    Or he might be so strong that it wont matter how the ai uses him (most powerful rebels)
    Too early to tell
    Also good chance players that easily obtain luke were very hard to beat alrdy
    So majority up somewhere rank 60-90 may not see him v often
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • Thrawn and DN will be necessary...Zaul is probably done (if it wasn't before).

Zader, Thrawn, ShoreTrooper, Deathtrooper, and a fifth toon.
  • Commander Luke lead, SRP, R2, Old Ben, Cassian
  • Osirisreborn
    1017 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    If he counters like he looks i fear for aoe teams
    Jog my memory plz, srp?
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • If he counters like he looks i fear for aoe teams
    Jog my memory plz, srp?

Scarif rebel pathfinder. Gives all allies 15% tm on his basic, has an aoe offense down debuff and taunt. Revives if he had a buff when he dies
  • If he counters like he looks i fear for aoe teams
    Jog my memory plz, srp?

Scarif rebel pathfinder. Gives all allies 15% tm on his basic, has an aoe offense down debuff and taunt. Revives if he had a buff when he dies

So 15% tm when he counters. Brilliant.
  • You don't need a darkside specific counter to this character. This isnt WOW. They don't need to balance the factions, because aside from a few weirdo's who only play one side, EVERYONE is a light side/dark side player.

The Star Wars everyone loves is Empire vs. Rebellion. Sure, the prequels and sequel trilogy have their fans, but the mass appeal is in the original trilogy. The sooner you guys accept it, the better.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    We need the rest of the Triumvirate to complement Nihilus. Like, now. I know all too well how likely that is, but a man can dream...
  • Ambassador wrote: »
    Kissycat wrote: »
    Commander Luke is the "first" character with 3 zetas and 6 abilities but he won't be the only. Power creep. I'm guessing Revan, Snoke, TLJ Luke etc will also be equally powerful

I don't see how we could get a different Vader. JKA is the one from Ep3, already under influence of the Dark Side (Jedi, yes, but inflicting Healing Immunity does not "feel Light Side"), and there is very little time between his full conversion to Sith and the moment he becomes the "classic" Darth Vader.

The Rebels Vader "skin" that was modelled after the classic Ralph McQuarrie drawings would be a possibility ... for sure not a popular one for some, but still a possibility ^^

tumblr_nq46k8g5dK1qaiuijo1_500.jpg

The Jedi are extinct, their fire has gone out of the universe
    -Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin
  • CT5032 wrote: »
    Return of zMaul. No counter, no TM for Luke lead teams.

Luke gains accuracy when in attack mode, so ...

And have 100% tenacity
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    I hope they just rework Vader. Every empire toon got some love (unless they were already good or really new) except Vader. He's the icon of Star Wars and only has 4 abilities. Plus all the advertisements seem to emphasize Luke vs Vader, but Luke seems like he'll be awesome, and Vader is only a 2nd rate toon and leader.
  • Bossk_Hogg wrote: »
    You don't need a darkside specific counter to this character. This isnt WOW. They don't need to balance the factions, because aside from a few weirdo's who only play one side, EVERYONE is a light side/dark side player.

The Star Wars everyone loves is Empire vs. Rebellion. Sure, the prequels and sequel trilogy have their fans, but the mass appeal is in the original trilogy. The sooner you guys accept it, the better.

I love jedi vs sith