[Mega]Content Update 8/2 [Hot Fix] & Commander Luke Skywalker Intro

Replies

• Olddumper wrote: »
    This Farmboy has been too good for far too long. Why even release Commander Luke when everybody will continue to just run Farmboy.

Just kidding but seriously? 50 percent counter chance for toons like R-2, Ahsoka, Ezra, Wedge, and Leia? What are you thinking? The only team with a remote chance of handling this **** is zaul with the initial daze. Every other AOE in the game becomes certain death for that toon.

I like Luke. He is my favorite character so I have no problem running him but Jesus H **** this is over the top. The rebels have plenty of toons that can hit near 20k on basic and now they all have a 50 percent counter chance.

I'd rather Rebels than Rex GK Nililus etc.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    You know gk has been able to give those toons 100% counter chance for months now.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    valeo25 wrote: »
    I've been around a solid amount of time (Fall 2016), and I get Old Ben, no problems with that requirement. R2 and the 7* requirement is what is frustrating.
    I would consider Fall '16 to still be somewhat on the newer player side.
    Just keep in mind: you only face people who started GW/Arena/Ships at roughly the same time you did. So if you're new enough to not have had much of a chance to get a 7* R2, then most of the people you will face are in the same boat. Work hard towards that goal and you'll likely beat many of them to the finish line.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Snake2 wrote: »
    You know gk has been able to give those toons 100% counter chance for months now.

Pasive couter attack is better you can dispell retribution
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Snake2 wrote: »

Not when DT blams him with a grenade to start and then DN puts him to sleep for another round.
  • Kissycat wrote: »

Thanks! Glad I asked, as Google wasn't turning that one up.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    How about Resistance? R2 nullifies counters with stealth and they can only get better after Ep 8
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    ZaulLover wrote: »
    why, for the love of god, would i invest on Farmboy luke ?
    if its a reward since lunch, it shouldnt involve farmboy, since he was completely useless at any mode, at all times. for me, farming him atm, feels like punishment, and not a reward. i feel bad spending resources on a toon i will never touch, just because he "always been there". he's a poor choice of investment, no matter how you look at it, and CG currently "force" us to get him.
    Don't forget that he's getting a rework. He may not be as useless as he has been up to now.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Jamesm wrote: »
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    Dahlias wrote: »
    If the idea is to use Lukes friends from episode 4 what about biggs and wedge? Biggs was his best friend growing up so why are they not options too?
    That's rebel pilot Biggs, not farmboy Biggs. Same reason they don't have Clone Wars Chewbacca or General Kenobi as options.
    And Luke never meets Wedge until after the escape from the Death Star.

Thats not true, hes sitting next to wedge during the briefing for the death star attack.

"Escape from the Death Star" refers to when Luke, Han, and Chewie rescued Princess Leia and "escaped" from the Death Star to Yavin 4. They weren't escaping from the Death Star after Luke scored with his torpedoes, they were just running for cover.
  • KingRyan17 wrote: »
    I love complainers you should have old ben from the dodge meta leia has been in the arena for years stormhan meta been in shop since day one and they told you about luke the only one that is remotely debatable is r2 rage posts are the greatest *grabs popcorn* becaise people can't handle the truth

So sorry, I'm stopping with these nonsense feelings right now! Tks for advice

giphy.gif

But you know that we have a lot of toons to farm, don't you? I'm here after OB meta, so, he's never an option to me (aaaand other players).

Have you CUP with 7*? If you say yes, congrats! You don't have anyone to farm anymore.

Well, I need to improve Finn (to speed mods), Jawas, Empire (to R2 7*, mine have just 5*), my new arena team with chase e cia... and I'm not a bad player, I'm always on top 10 at my payout, sometimes 1th... yes, I'm a hard worker here.

So, we don't just complain, ok... when we ask for some help means that we really need it and sometimes some Dev could see us and make a move to make this event more accessible for all.

But, tks anyway, let's eat some popcorn : D

tenor.gif
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Jamesm wrote: »
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    Dahlias wrote: »
    If the idea is to use Lukes friends from episode 4 what about biggs and wedge? Biggs was his best friend growing up so why are they not options too?
    That's rebel pilot Biggs, not farmboy Biggs. Same reason they don't have Clone Wars Chewbacca or General Kenobi as options.
    And Luke never meets Wedge until after the escape from the Death Star.

Thats not true, hes sitting next to wedge during the briefing for the death star attack.
    Whiiiiich is after they escape from the Death Star. We're talking about escaping the Death Star with Leia, before meeting up with the Rebel fleet at Yavin IV.
  • Ambassador wrote: »
    SpamFolder wrote: »
    Nothing in Cantina is an easy farm...this is ridiculous
    One day's energy (165) plus three refreshes (360) give (525/8) 65 battles in a day ; with the 30% drop rate, it's nearly 20 shards per day. As much as GW/Arena shops if you had a surplus of tokens, and far more than what you can get on the other shops or in the hard nodes. 17 days to get him to 7* if you start at 0. I don't know what you'd call "easy" if Cantina farming is not.

Well.. he's right guys. At least Old Ben have 1 node in 8 energy mode. Can u imagine if OB is available only in 16 energy node cantina? :scream:
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    How about Resistance? R2 nullifies counters with stealth and they can only get better after Ep 8

Not a bad thought. Very few AOE attacks and Rex will be gone. Probably not enough though.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    @Nikoms565 lets say we agree on R2D2,Leia,STH, Obi, and the reasons why i, a nov15 player, should have them.

Because you need Luke to compete in the Luke flash events (and especially the last tier), which are now on their 2nd run? Because the devs have stated all along that you would need Farmboy Luke to unlock other iterations of Luke?

I'm going to guess that since you just joined the forums yesterday, you haven't been playing since Nov. '15 either.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ouch bad news, 3 of my team open with an aoe
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Olddumper wrote: »
    This Farmboy has been too good for far too long. Why even release Commander Luke when everybody will continue to just run Farmboy.

Just kidding but seriously? 50 percent counter chance for toons like R-2, Ahsoka, Ezra, Wedge, and Leia? What are you thinking? The only team with a remote chance of handling this **** is zaul with the initial daze. Every other AOE in the game becomes certain death for that toon.

I like Luke. He is my favorite character so I have no problem running him but Jesus H **** this is over the top. The rebels have plenty of toons that can hit near 20k on basic and now they all have a 50 percent counter chance.

Sounds like a job for The StormShore duo.

It does sound frightening but if it gets DN off of lightside teams I'm down with it.

Tarkin can still blast his AOE offense down and crit chance down.

Deathtrooper has Daze on basic.

A Fractured Rebel has a really hard time countering attacks ;)

The bigger question is what kind of reworks Leia, Old Ben, etc. will get.

It sounds like his kit has synergy with Wedge's offense down on basic but Wiggs doesn't scare my Empire squad at all right now.
  • I use ima gindi but when theres no droids around maybe i can swap him with (reworked?) old ben
    Might be cool
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    @Nikoms565 lets say we agree on R2D2,Leia,STH, Obi, and the reasons why i, a nov15 player, should have them.

Because you need Luke to compete in the Luke flash events (and especially the last tier), which are now on their 2nd run? Because the devs have stated all along that you would need Farmboy Luke to unlock other iterations of Luke?

I'm going to guess that since you just joined the forums yesterday, you haven't been playing since Nov. '15 either.

Yeah, farmboy luke is no excuse. When they did the Luke event a few months ago, they specifically said in the event text in game that he was needed. At the time I didn't read the forums, listen to podcasts (that I just learned exist), or interact with the community at all outside of the game and even I figured that out.
  • All this" i need/dont have\wont have in time old ben"needs to be threaded together...also all the speculation on what comps will work will luke need to be moved...dont do your job half the time...these past few weeks everyone has been mad at how many posts have moved. Dont stop now unless u want to watch the community as they all get upset over nonsense. Personally im ftp i got r2 7* last time. Im mad we need old ben but i start the farm when the 1st flash event came into play.....anyways pls mega all this and relase how your gunna increase the farm to calm these annoying people down lol.
  • BulYwif wrote: »
    Put GK in GW store please.

Haha rotfl
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Remember when everyone lost their collective minds over how "op" phoenix squad was going to be?

Wait until luke is released before you ask for a nerf
  • i like the call of nerf before we even seen him.
    However, we'll see that he do need a nerf.
    his leader ability ? like gar - but better, and effecting a BETTER toons, rebels over empire.
    his specials ? its like thrawn, the TM thing and the remove buffs and 100% TM - but actually, again, a bit better.
    the r2 combo for dispelling is amazing, because it DONT COST YOU TM.
    the counter-attack can make DN a burden. with bad RNG, using his drain can cost you the game on the first round, and the fact that many rebels have bonuses on their basic (CLS itself, R2, Ezra, ATF, Cassian, Wedge, Leia) and also pretty much high damage.
    also, 15% offense, and 50% defense. add this to R2D2 HP,Protection, offense bonuses, and you got yourself a team that feel much strong than it is, due to the bonuses.
    thats how undermodded teams win in arena - just like it was with chaze.
    #nerfCommanderLuke
    #nerfChaze
  • Osirisreborn
    1017 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Really all i see is how pointless it is to call for any rebel nerf, they usually dont right
    Just got to have a special anti whoever char on deck, like with chaze
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Remember when everyone lost their collective minds over how "op" phoenix squad was going to be?

This is a little different these toons are already meta. Chaze Wiggs r-2 is already a thing.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Ewoks can do it :)
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • JediMasterGibs
    421 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    KingRyan17 wrote: »
    I love complainers you should have old ben from the dodge meta leia has been in the arena for years stormhan meta been in shop since day one and they told you about luke the only one that is remotely debatable is r2 rage posts are the greatest *grabs popcorn* becaise people can't handle the truth

I can agree to all of this. I'm sitting with a 4* ben and 5* luke. It's gonna be a wild time farming but the signs were very VERY clear. I chose to farm Finn instead. It's only our fault.

And I'm a very old F2P player
  • Osirisreborn
    1017 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Olddumper wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »

This is a little different these toons are already meta. Chaze Wiggs r-2 is already a thing.

That one is really really hard if r2 is faster
    This might make ppl only use half chaze, might be good
  • Boo wrote: »
    If this is CLS, imaging what they will release for JKL when he becomes available?

...what if it's Sith Lord Luke?
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

the devs havent stated this in game, which makes it unfair for everybody not using the forum.
    and he's still very much useless, so "forcing" us isnt a good way.
    and why you trying to dismiss ? you want a video with proof ? my "The light side path" was completed at nov 26, 2015.
  • I only have 3 Stars in Storm Trooper Han and I have been playing for a very long time. I do think the developers really need to re-think this Commander Luke Event.

1. He is way too powerful, and I feel he unbalances the game.
    2. A whole lot of people won't be able to get him.