[Mega]Content Update 8/2 [Hot Fix] & Commander Luke Skywalker Intro

Replies

• Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Olddumper wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Remember when everyone lost their collective minds over how "op" phoenix squad was going to be?

Wait until luke is released before you ask for a nerf

This is a little different these toons are already meta. Chaze Wiggs r-2 is already a thing.

That one is really really hard if r2 is faster
    This might make ppl only use half chaze, might be good

And half Wiggs, wedge AOE will kill himself. Get in the mindset of DPS single target Rebs
  • I only have 3 Stars in Storm Trooper Han and I have been playing for a very long time. I do think the developers really need to re-think this Commander Luke Event.

1. He is way too powerful, and I feel he unbalances the game.
    2. A whole lot of people won't be able to get him.
    He's pretty much light side Thrawn. He hasn't even been released yet so quit whining. Most of us are happy and by the second time he comes around nearly everyone will have him.
  • That was quick! We have a world record!

tenor.gif

Guys, I think that the game will have newers toons like that... we need to improve the habilities, like happens with chase, Thrawn... it's happen from time to time, I think... :)

• OB shards in GW store ... yeah no. Cantina 2F is plenty easy.
  • CamaroAMF
    1282 posts Member
    I only have 3 Stars in Storm Trooper Han and I have been playing for a very long time. I do think the developers really need to re-think this Commander Luke Event.

1. I think that's probably expected.
    2. Good
  • @Nikoms565
    https://youtu.be/eylJe70umNU

got no idea how saying im not nov15 can help, but sure.
    i can also give you proofs of me being #1, today, yesterday, month ago, year ago. you want ?
    for topic, farmboy luke is a bad decision for them to make us farm, annoying and for sure unrewarding, forcing us to do so. that's all, i dont understand why you trying get personal on this.
  • Yes please do this
  • CamaroAMF
    1282 posts Member
    ZaulLover wrote: »
    @Nikoms565

i can also give you proofs of me being #1, today, yesterday, month ago, year ago. you want ?
    for topic, farmboy luke is a bad decision for them to make us farm, annoying and for sure unrewarding, forcing us to do so. that's all, i dont understand why you trying get personal on this.

Unrewarding? He's necessary to get CLS, which looks like a pretty good reward. And it's not a surprise that he's needed. They made it pretty clear
  • CamaroAMF wrote: »
    @Nikoms565

Unrewarding? He's necessary to get CLS, which looks like a pretty good reward. And it's not a surprise that he's needed. They made it pretty clear

nevertheless, i am unhappy about it, and unless he get a CRAZY rework, i'll continue to be unhappy about it. im farming because of CLS and to be honest... my zaul team is getting boring, a meta shift could be nice for me.
    but the way to it ? nope.
  • It would have been nice if Old Ben had been the monthly log in reward and not Farmboy Luke.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    @Nikoms565 lets say we agree on R2D2,Leia,STH, Obi, and the reasons why i, a nov15 player, should have them.
    why, for the love of god, would i invest on Farmboy luke ?

Because you need Luke to compete in the Luke flash events (and especially the last tier), which are now on their 2nd run? Because the devs have stated all along that you would need Farmboy Luke to unlock other iterations of Luke?

I'm going to guess that since you just joined the forums yesterday, you haven't been playing since Nov. '15 either.

the devs havent stated this in game, which makes it unfair for everybody not using the forum.

The update from May 23rd:

"You’ve all been waiting and it’s finally begun. It’s time to prepare for the Hero's Journey! Use these gifts to help Luke prepare for his Hero's Journey as he embarks on the path to become a member of the forgotten Jedi Order."

There have been numerous times they have linked to the forums in game - including updates. If you chose to ignore them, sorry. It's been clear for months that we would need Farmboy Luke - and they have given Luke shards and numerous hints - both in game and on the forums. As I said, for the few that ignored the numerous hints (and clear statements) that we would need Farmboy Luke, you can always get him next time around.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • So who are you going to use? No wiggs and no chaze...CLS Leia StHan and who else?
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    I think they should just put Old Ben, Leia, stHan and Luke in the Shard Shop the way phoenix was for the Thrawn/flash events, 5/10/20 shard packs. It's conspicuously empty right now, so their appearance there isn't out of the question. That way players can use their GW tokens and dup shards to help farm whatever hero they might be short on. As for R2, well, buff up your empire units :)
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • No, no more LS toons in shipments until they add more DS toons. Also he has a cantina to farm from.
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • AlexTheG wrote: »
    Come on Devs. Do the decent thing. ☺
    ILu0nLx.png
    For now, he has two locations in Cantina, which are not limited to just three attempts per day.
    Will this be enough to get him to seven stars from scratch?
    Probably not. You'll have to dump some cash into extra energy refreshes, which are rather expensive.
    Good luck guys!
  • I only have 3 Stars in Storm Trooper Han and I have been playing for a very long time. I do think the developers really need to re-think this Commander Luke Event.

1- he should be OP. This is Luke here, the hero of the OT. The only person to defeat Vader in a duel on even ground.
    2- the event will return. If you're so inclined, prepare ahead of time for it. I very seriously doubt they would do a one of for Luke.
  • I read the speculation on the forums and have since farmed ST Han from zero shards. It's nice to be part of an inuitive community.
  • GodsNotDead_1
    111 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Mm
    Post edited by GodsNotDead_1 on
  • Zolaz
    392 posts Member
    Just feels like a cash grab event. Newest overpowered character that you must have in order to be competitive. Commander Luke team will roll over everything else because it is designed to do just that.
  • I just wish the developers would give us some kind of head's up before that actual month that we're going to need certain characters. I would have already been farming Ben if I knew. Outside of R2 this is the toon I want the most. To think that I might not get him just becasue I don't have Ben sucks! And of course stars aren't good enough, we have to have these guys geared up to 11 I'm sure. Luckily I have R2 and Tatooine Luke all leveled and geared up, I have Han and Leia leveled and starred up but they still need gear. If had known about them being necessary last month I would have focused on them.
  • Apologies if this has been mentioned previously, but why have Raid Han & Chewbacca not been included?
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Good god people. Such whining. Much salt! Many tears.
    Comments like:
    Thanks for taking some more fun from us devs, much appreciated.
    are ridiculous. I mean, come on folks...

I too do not have Old Ben even unlocked. I too am really hoping for a double drop to make sure I get this done. BUT I AM STILL PUMPED BEYOND BELIEF FOR THIS! CLS' kit looks amazing and I'm very excited! ALL THE MEMES!!!

EDIT to add... Be grateful this isn't an exclusive P2P toon that you have to straight up buy. No event, no possibility for F2P to unlock AT ALL, just give us your money and we'll hand you this amazing toon.

53661662.jpg
  • People have been predicting these exact toons for CLS for a long time. Yes, it was a gamble to farm in advance of an official confirmation, but official hints suggesting these characters were given.

Diligent players (like myself) started farming these toons just in case they're required. I mean, there are very few (if any) meta characters available in the stores so it wasn't too much of a gamble. Only old ben was somewhat of a gamble since you Cantina energy is required for many good toons/mods.

For those who will not be ready, its a safe assumption packs/bundles will be available. My recommendation, take the gamble next time if you don't want to be forced to buy bundle/packs when the official announcement is made. Another safe assumption is they time the official announcement so that people caught unaware will have to drop $$.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    I just wish the developers would give us some kind of head's up before that actual month that we're going to need certain characters. I would have already been farming Ben if I knew.
    They did give us a heads up. Most people just flat out ignored it, even though there have been posts here on the daily talking about it.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • @RandyMarsh R2-D2 and....if only they hadn't indirectly nerfed Lando into the grave :(

And welcome to the mega-thread!
  • Muaddib wrote: »
    Good god people. Such whining. Much salt! Many tears.
    Comments like:
    Thanks for taking some more fun from us devs, much appreciated.
    are ridiculous. I mean, come on folks...

I too do not have Old Ben even unlocked. I too am really hoping for a double drop to make sure I get this done. BUT I AM STILL PUMPED BEYOND BELIEF FOR THIS! CLS' kit looks amazing and I'm very excited! ALL THE MEMES!!!

EDIT to add... Be grateful this isn't an exclusive P2P toon that you have to straight up buy. No event, no possibility for F2P to unlock AT ALL, just give us your money and we'll hand you this amazing toon.

53661662.jpg

Seriously, this could have been a Chromium exclusive, costing upwards of $500 to collect all the shards like it has in the past. This way gives everyone a path to unlock without spending a dime. People should be happy about it.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    @Nikoms565 lets say we agree on R2D2,Leia,STH, Obi, and the reasons why i, a nov15 player, should have them.
    why, for the love of god, would i invest on Farmboy luke ?

Because you need Luke to compete in the Luke flash events (and especially the last tier), which are now on their 2nd run? Because the devs have stated all along that you would need Farmboy Luke to unlock other iterations of Luke?

I'm going to guess that since you just joined the forums yesterday, you haven't been playing since Nov. '15 either.

the devs havent stated this in game, which makes it unfair for everybody not using the forum.

The update from May 23rd:

"You’ve all been waiting and it’s finally begun. It’s time to prepare for the Hero's Journey! Use these gifts to help Luke prepare for his Hero's Journey as he embarks on the path to become a member of the forgotten Jedi Order."

There have been numerous times they have linked to the forums in game - including updates. If you chose to ignore them, sorry. It's been clear for months that we would need Farmboy Luke - and they have given Luke shards and numerous hints - both in game and on the forums. As I said, for the few that ignored the numerous hints (and clear statements) that we would need Farmboy Luke, you can always get him next time around.

i fail to understand why you keep "defending" their actions. i'll have CLS, i dont worry about that. i'll have farmboy in time. what annoys me is that they FORCE us to upgrade farmboy luke, which, lets be honest, will continue to be completely useless (Hes F2P, a team of CLS, R2D2 + other P2P or rare f2p toons will be better).
    why forcing us to farm useless toon ? why ? there are more toons that was part of luke journey but got ignored, like chewbacca, yoda, lando, biggs, wedge...
    this is the exact same thing they did with thrawn, forcing us to use Phoenix. at least they gave double-drops, all toons were at 3* at least, and you can pick 5 out of 6. so that case is even worse. and the consequence of forcing us to use phoenix squad, is that i dont have thrawn. no biggie, i dont have to get all the toons. BUT people are disappointed with CG because of these events, and they SHOULD be, because they should be able to get a toon they like through hard work and knowledge of the game, not "hints" and 2 weeks notice - especially, if that toon is a meta-changing one, and it seems like it.
    the rage in the forums about it is justified.
  • Kissycat wrote: »
    I only have 3 Stars in Storm Trooper Han and I have been playing for a very long time. I do think the developers really need to re-think this Commander Luke Event.

1- he should be OP. This is Luke here, the hero of the OT. The only person to defeat Vader in a duel on even ground.
    2- the event will return. If you're so inclined, prepare ahead of time for it. I very seriously doubt they would do a one of for Luke.

*Cough* Dooku *Cough* Obi-Wan
  • Im F2P.
    I chose to skip Thrawn so I could focus on toons people were speculating Luke would require: farmer Luke, SThan, Leia and old Ben. Did manage to get the first 3 to 7 stars, and Old Ben to 6 stars.
    Guess my choice paid off. Yay
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Well, shame on me. I played since December 2015 and OB is one of my 5 toons I haven't even unlocked:/ I used Dooku during dodge meta, and after than ... who would need OB anyway? :(((