Character Strategy: Luke Skywalker (Farmboy)

Prev13
Kozispoon
3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
Luke Skywalker (Farmboy)

Luke Skywalker has been reworked to improve his offensive versatility, including a fully reworked "Draw A Bead" ability boosting critical chance and critical damage.

BASIC: Frontier Marksmanship
  • Upgrade 7 now grants "+10% Damage" instead of "+5% Damage"
  • Omega upgrade now grants "+15% Damage" in addition to previous bonus of "+10% Turn Meter Gain"

SPECIAL: Bullseye
  • Omega upgrade now reads: "Cooldown - 1, add Speed Down for 2 turns, and if this attack doesn't score a Critical Hit dispel all buffs on the target"

LEADER: A New Hope
  • New ZETA upgrade: "+5% Tenacity and whenever an ally Resists a detrimental effect they gain Advantage for 2 turns"

Unique: Draw a Bead (REWORKED)
  • Ability reworked: "Luke has +10-25% (based on upgrade level) Critical Chance."
  • New ZETA upgrade: "At the start of each of his turns, Luke gains 10% Critical Damage (stacking) until the end of the encounter"
Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines

Replies

• Nice. Doubt I'll use him once I get Commander, but these upgrades should prove useful in the event to unlock commander.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Quick question @CG_Kozispoon

Are you breaking down ALL the reworks today like this? Like for Old Ben, Leia, StHan and even Raid Han?

Because that would be stellar.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    @CG_Kozispoon So this unique zeta of gaining 10% CD stacking at the beginning of each of his turns...does it stack infinitely? As in, in P4 AAT, after 4-5 topples he'll be critting for 200k?
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • i didnt see raid han on the list.....
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »

Are you breaking down ALL the reworks today like this? Like for Old Ben, Leia, StHan and even Raid Han?

I'd like to know this too
  • Slewfoot wrote: »
    i didnt see raid han on the list.....

They said as a bonus they are going to rework his kit.

To me it just needs "ignore taunt" like Boba and it'll be viable again, but I'm heavily interested in that rework since I got him 7 starts a couple of months ago and haven't used him.
  • MadMalgusReturns
    670 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Zeta leader seems a waste
  • Zeta leader seems a waste

Seems like a waste right now. We have no idea what the other reworks are going to be. This might benefit those.
  • That unique zeta though. Very nice
  • That unique zeta though. Very nice

Yeah, screams "put me in the tank raid."
    Zeta leader seems a waste

Seems like a waste right now. We have no idea what the other reworks are going to be. This might benefit those.

Advantage is nice but definitely not going to be better than other leads
  • does the rework thing mean a new character like Ahsoka or modifying the current one
    That unique zeta though. Very nice

Yeah, screams "put me in the tank raid."

I can see this, but worthy of a zeta? Those things are just too rare for me to use it like that.
  • I'm always happy about improving useless characters, especially when they know we are going to farm him now anyways, but overall I can't say I see a use for Luke yet. I wouldn't farm him based on this rework. I'll be gearing him to the minimum for the event.
  • iLloydski
    4 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Would be pretty decent hard hitter now and the leadership skill seems to be pretty interesting (though I wish it also had a little bit of TMGain i.e. 5%) but the thing is, it breaks the current synergies with Leia and all, hopefully, they'll get that working as well, as i'd love to see them both complimenting each other really well. He's now more of an all-in-one package and I would expect to see him become very useful in Raids moving forward.
  • gunff
    287 posts Member
    5% tenacity is still awful especially for a zeta. It should be 50%
  • Missed opportunity for that leader. Zetas being rare as they are for some, the unique could have added 25% and been fine. It is not as if current rebel comps can't solo (or darn close) P4 tank anyway. All moot because of the new Luke, though.

Btw, we want to see Old Ben's rework the most!!
  • Missed opportunity for that leader. Zetas being rare as they are for some, the unique could have added 25% and been fine. It is not as if current rebel comps can't solo (or darn close) P4 tank anyway. All moot because of the new Luke, though.

Meh, I wanna see his second most.

I'm more interested in Raid Han's tweak. Hopefully they make him worthy of Han Solo.
  • Kozispoon
    Roken_Fett wrote: »

Not today, but yes! The reworks for the New Hope crew should be coming out in the following days
    plan.gif
  • That unique zeta looks just too nice for raids *o*

Not today, but yes! The reworks for the New Hope crew should be coming out in the following days
    plan.gif

Excellent. Pretty hyped for Raid Han's tweak.
  • Kozispoon
    benacrow wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon So this unique zeta of gaining 10% CD stacking at the beginning of each of his turns...does it stack infinitely? As in, in P4 AAT, after 4-5 topples he'll be critting for 200k?

yesjacknicholson.gif
  • GoodOlMaurice
    59 posts Moderator
    edited August 2017
    Good ol' Farmboy could turn into quite the raid unit with that stacking passive!
  • @CG_Kozispoon - Dr. horrible for the win!!!

Plus we are all extremely appreciative of the sneak peeks, thank you!
    Missed opportunity for that leader. Zetas being rare as they are for some, the unique could have added 25% and been fine. It is not as if current rebel comps can't solo (or darn close) P4 tank anyway. All moot because of the new Luke, though.

I'm more interested in Raid Han's tweak. Hopefully they make him worthy of Han Solo.

Starting the encounter with Bounty Hunter's resolve is all he needs.

But I guess we all thought Taunt is all Old Ben needed, but he needs his to be something crazy like K2's. Hence my keen interest.
    Missed opportunity for that leader. Zetas being rare as they are for some, the unique could have added 25% and been fine. It is not as if current rebel comps can't solo (or darn close) P4 tank anyway. All moot because of the new Luke, though.

But I guess we all thought Taunt is all Old Ben needed, but he needs his to be something crazy like K2's. Hence my keen interest.

I'd rather see something like a passive taunt. Like all light side units gain 10% TM when any other ally takes damage. So you are penalized if you ignore him.
  • Thanks for the post @CG_Kozispoon as Luke is my favorite character. I'm extremely disappointed in his Zeta lead though. +5% tenacity and advantage for 2 turns for a Zeta? Kind of weak. GREAT job on his Zeta unique though. I also like how if he doesn't crit on bullseye he dispells buffs.
  • Dretzle
    716 posts Member
    Roken_Fett wrote: »

I'd rather see something like a passive taunt. Like all light side units gain 10% TM when any other ally takes damage. So you are penalized if you ignore him.

Nah, you want him dead to pass out buffs and such. Your idea is too easily countered with Daze or Rex.
  • What about good-ol'-Chewie? Is our not-so-little furry friend going to get a rework as well? Like synergies with Han (both raid and Trooper) and/or other rebels?
  • Speedokillz
    575 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    The best way, in my opinion for Old Ben is for his unique to become a special... Using "If you strike me down" strips all protection and health down to 1, then activates taunt, and remove all dodge/evasion/resist chance from Ben. That way in can be used strategically in battle when you want to bring the pain.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard