Character Strategy: Luke Skywalker (Farmboy)

Replies

• Dretzle wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Missed opportunity for that leader. Zetas being rare as they are for some, the unique could have added 25% and been fine. It is not as if current rebel comps can't solo (or darn close) P4 tank anyway. All moot because of the new Luke, though.

Btw, we want to see Old Ben's rework the most!!

Meh, I wanna see his second most.

I'm more interested in Raid Han's tweak. Hopefully they make him worthy of Han Solo.

Starting the encounter with Bounty Hunter's resolve is all he needs.

But I guess we all thought Taunt is all Old Ben needed, but he needs his to be something crazy like K2's. Hence my keen interest.

I'd rather see something like a passive taunt. Like all light side units gain 10% TM when any other ally takes damage. So you are penalized if you ignore him.

Nah, you want him dead to pass out buffs and such. Your idea is too easily countered with Daze or Rex.

Daze would counter that, but it's a lot harder to apply Daze than it is to dispel a taunt. I'm not sure what Rex does to counter that.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    benacrow wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon So this unique zeta of gaining 10% CD stacking at the beginning of each of his turns...does it stack infinitely? As in, in P4 AAT, after 4-5 topples he'll be critting for 200k?

yesjacknicholson.gif

image.gif
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Seems like a Mace-Windu level rework. Unique Zeta sounds like it would have made a better omega, and the leader conditionally providing a dispellable buff is a little weak. Still seems like the one trick pony he always was, except now he periodically can dispell crit immunity.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • @CG_Kozispoon I appreciate the reworks, but are there going to be packs for these characters? I'd assume the answer is yes, but the update listed out a bunch of Empire packs and made no mention of Rebel packs. I, for one, would be willing to spend a bit to finish off my Commander Luke characters as long as they each have an individual pack, meaning I don't have to buy one pack and hope I get the character I need.
  • @CG_Kozispoon I appreciate the reworks, but are there going to be packs for these characters? I'd assume the answer is yes, but the update listed out a bunch of Empire packs and made no mention of Rebel packs. I, for one, would be willing to spend a bit to finish off my Commander Luke characters as long as they each have an individual pack, meaning I don't have to buy one pack and hope I get the character I need.

The current precedent is anytime a character gets a rework anymore they get a $20 pack for 80 shards. I would expect those would come here. Honestly, I feel like this rework is just a weak one for the excuse of offering those packs. Because they will sell well.
  • kalidor wrote: »
    Seems like a Mace-Windu level rework. Unique Zeta sounds like it would have made a better omega, and the leader conditionally providing a dispellable buff is a little weak. Still seems like the one trick pony he always was, except now he periodically can dispell crit immunity.
    What?
  • TheUncannyMrH
    55 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    @CG_Kozispoon So this unique zeta of gaining 10% CD stacking at the beginning of each of his turns...does it stack infinitely? As in, in P4 AAT, after 4-5 topples he'll be critting for 200k?

yesjacknicholson.gif

giphy.gif
  • Sidious lead was reworked to escalate damage for all sith for a handful of Omega. Luke is just his damage and costs a Zeta. Seems a bit steep.
  • so Luke will hae 50% Tenacity and advantage for two tuns on his fully upgraded Leader ability? how would everyone mod him?
  • benacrow wrote: »

yesjacknicholson.gif
    @CG_Kozispoon
    Is it a flat 10%, so if they have maxed 218% with mods, it'll go 228, 238..etc each turn? Or would it be 10% MORE of what they have, then it'll stack to 240, 264, 290, 319, 351, 386, 425, 467, 514
  • MarcVyrus wrote: »

yesjacknicholson.gif
    @CG_Kozispoon
    Is it a flat 10%, so if they have maxed 218% with mods, it'll go 228, 238..etc each turn? Or would it be 10% MORE of what they have, then it'll stack to 240, 264, 290, 319, 351, 386, 425, 467, 514

I assumed the first, and that's why I'm not that excited about it (it's nice, I just don't see it replacing what I already have anywhere). If it's the 2nd, then that seems much more zeta worthy.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    MarcVyrus wrote: »

yesjacknicholson.gif
    @CG_Kozispoon

I assumed the first, and that's why I'm not that excited about it (it's nice, I just don't see it replacing what I already have anywhere). If it's the 2nd, then that seems much more zeta worthy.

It's definitely the first, so if he starts at 216%, next turn he'll be at 226%, and so on. But think how many turns he'll be having during say P2 or P4, especially since he gains a lot of tm with his basic attack, and if you go wedge lead for the added crit tm, and use Ezra to call him for an assist for an auto crit, he'll basically be like Clone Sarge taking turns, except that his damage will be like Vader's Culling Blade when you're only halfway to enrage...
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind

yesjacknicholson.gif
    @CG_Kozispoon

It's definitely the first, so if he starts at 216%, next turn he'll be at 226%, and so on. But think how many turns he'll be having during say P2 or P4, especially since he gains a lot of tm with his basic attack, and if you go wedge lead for the added crit tm, and use Ezra to call him for an assist for an auto crit, he'll basically be like Clone Sarge taking turns, except that his damage will be like Vader's Culling Blade when you're only halfway to enrage...

It says he only gains 10% stacking at the start of his turn. So I don't think getting called to assist will increase it.
  • DarthScott wrote: »

yesjacknicholson.gif
    @CG_Kozispoon

It says he only gains 10% stacking at the start of his turn. So I don't think getting called to assist will increase it.

No but his basic will crit meaning he'll gain 40% tm (or more depending on lead) apply a dot AND if he's already had say 10 turns his basic is hitting with 316% CD which is not counting a CD up buff he may have on him (which I think is 50% CD?)
  • will the stacked crit damage persist through phases?.. I can see him doing monster crits on the rancor
  • Hey @CG_Kozispoon is there a reason his Bullseye will clear debuffs when he doesn't crit hit instead of when he does? Is the thinking behind it more of a reward for not getting a crit or maybe to help against crit avoidance like Ahsoka or Zaul?
  • Hey @CG_Kozispoon is there a reason his Bullseye will clear debuffs when he doesn't crit hit instead of when he does? Is the thinking behind it more of a reward for not getting a crit or maybe to help against crit avoidance like Ahsoka or Zaul?

Think of it as a 'crit immunity' clearing effect. That seems to be what it basically is.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    DarthScott wrote: »

yesjacknicholson.gif
    @CG_Kozispoon

Correct, but I mean that he'll crit on his basic, then gain TM, and take another turn sooner so he stacks his CD faster.
  • decent rework, not arena material tho.
    the only use i see for luke is perhaps in a raid team if hes fast and with 216% CD, and that also, should require a zeta. a toon with investment of good modding and a zeta for raid should be AMAZING in raid. farmboy luke will now be an attacker that will do now a GREAT damage, really, with the TM gain on basic potential is huge and crit potential... but he bring nothing else to the table, while other attackers do.
    he need more 5% Health steal and TINY health buff, and he swap my scavenger with Zody in P2, for sure. he'll do ridiculous damage with the crit stacking, and im surely will be happy about me farming him with this, but... he need that 15% health steal to survive the HAAT. besides that, i dont see anywhere he fits.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    ZaulLover wrote: »
    decent rework, not arena material tho.
    the only use i see for luke is perhaps in a raid team if hes fast and with 216% CD, and that also, should require a zeta. a toon with investment of good modding and a zeta for raid should be AMAZING in raid. farmboy luke will now be an attacker that will do now a GREAT damage, really, with the TM gain on basic potential is huge and crit potential... but he bring nothing else to the table, while other attackers do.
    he need more 5% Health steal and TINY health buff, and he swap my scavenger with Zody in P2, for sure. he'll do ridiculous damage with the crit stacking, and im surely will be happy about me farming him with this, but... he need that 15% health steal to survive the HAAT. besides that, i dont see anywhere he fits.

Agreed that he's only raid material, but when he's doing 200k per basic after several topples in P2, that 5% health steal won't matter much (since he'll be gaining 20k per hit).
    Hey @CG_Kozispoon is there a reason his Bullseye will clear debuffs when he doesn't crit hit instead of when he does? Is the thinking behind it more of a reward for not getting a crit or maybe to help against crit avoidance like Ahsoka or Zaul?

Think of it as a 'crit immunity' clearing effect. That seems to be what it basically is.

Yeah I get that, I was just curious if that was the thinking behind it. And I said Zaul, but I was thinking DN.

Agreed that he's only raid material, but when he's doing 200k per basic after several topples in P2, that 5% health steal won't matter much (since he'll be gaining 20k per hit).

with bad RNG, he'll die after few topples, he DONT have stealth like scav/leia. yea sure, you can just retreat, but... meh. anyway, the aat can catch him offguard and do this weird exposes and kill him fast. in a competitive guild you might lose some score because of retreat. but yea, on paper, he should be amazing.
    if your zody is super-fast, Luke should be able to do even more than Sarge, and his TM gain pretty much make his speed irrelevant, like sarge' on the haat.
    but require a zeta after all.

How will he be doing 200k per basic? Right now is basic base is 4.3k. I'm not sure how the damage improvement is calculated from the rework, and mods can increase that, so let's be generous and say he does 7k damage on his basic, with no crit (since that is ignoring defense too). You need a 2800% multiplier to get to 200k. Even if you get offense up from somewhere there is no way you are approaching that number.

yesjacknicholson.gif
    @CG_Kozispoon

10% just isn't that much. 216% is normal with mods. So you need 21 turns to double his crit damage. Vader doubles his damage with just 2 DOTs.
  • ZaulLover wrote: »

with bad RNG, he'll die after few topples, he DONT have stealth like scav/leia. yea sure, you can just retreat, but... meh. anyway, the aat can catch him offguard and do this weird exposes and kill him fast. in a competitive guild you might lose some score because of retreat. but yea, on paper, he should be amazing.
    if your zody is super-fast, Luke should be able to do even more than Sarge, and his TM gain pretty much make his speed irrelevant, like sarge' on the haat.

Under the right lead and right squad he can survive for awhile. Wiggs & Chaze would work. Baze to keep damage off him, chirrut to cleanse and heal, wedge for offense boost, health and tm gain. You could replace Biggs with R2 for additional health and cleanse.
  • DarthScott
    292 posts Member
    edited August 2017

How will he be doing 200k per basic? Right now is basic base is 4.3k. I'm not sure how the damage improvement is calculated from the rework, and mods can increase that, so let's be generous and say he does 7k damage on his basic, with no crit (since that is ignoring defense too). You need a 2800% multiplier to get to 200k. Even if you get offense up from somewhere there is no way you are approaching that number.

This was my thought as well. Figure about 5.1k per basic unmodded after the rework. Mods can push that to 6kish with good mods (a little more if you sacrifice your 30 speed arrow for offense). 7k for a non crit is even a little generous (as you stated). Fighting in rancor you would eventually see some massive numbers, but in AAT, 50kish seems to be the top reasonable score to see on the basic. His special will hit for more than that though. Either way, 100k+ seems to be unlikely anywhere other than maybe rancor. That said, 50k basics happening with a 40% tm boost in between is nothing to sneeze at.

This was my thought as well. Figure about 5.1k per basic unmodded after the rework. Mods can push that to 6kish with good mods (a little more if you sacrifice your 30 speed arrow for offense). 7k for a non crit is even a little generous (as you stated). Fighting in rancor you would eventually see some massive numbers, but in AAT, 50kish seems to be the top reasonable score to see on the basic. His special will hit for more than that though. Either way, 100k+ seems to be unlikely anywhere other than maybe rancor. That said, 50k basics happening with a 40% tm boost in between is nothing to sneeze at.

Yeah. Depends how much offense you put on him to get his basic up and then the stacking CD, you might be right seeing his basic hit around 50K (will have to get about 35 hits in or more) it'll be interesting to see the numbers. You know the Zeta whales will be positing ****. next week.
  • Krayden_Phogg
    1685 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    FYI I just slapped some CD mods on my gear 9 luke with cd triangle to get his CD to 216%. The highest basic I got was 8,368 and highest bullseye was over 14k. He does have a little offense boost from square primary and some secondaries. It's conceivable with some more offense (say another offense primary) to get his basic over 10k (and this is without a CD bonus from a buff or Boba/lando lead or offense boost from wedge lead) then take into consideration his rework adds 15% damage to his basic and with no lead we're probably talking 13-15k?

When he didn't crit it was around 3.6k. My crits on basic we're almost always 7k plus, only one crit was below and it was like 6.8
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member

Him dying should not be a consideration. If you have a good enough team, he will last to enrage. But yes, in p2 he should be killer in a clone team, because you'll basically have 2 clone sarges, and he'll be getting a heck of a lot of turns with the tm gains, so I seriously think he could get close to 200k basic attacks nearing enrage. Time will tell though, and we yes, he would require a zeta so I'm sure he's low on people's zeta list.

you've seen how many turns the clones are doing ? more accurately, how many turn sarg is doing?
    with the offense buff luke is getting, i believe he can get to something near 150K in the end.