Help with team, leader and Talia vs. Consular.

Hello guys, I reached level 47 and I am really enjoying this game. i would like to ask you some help about my PvP team composition in Arena. I don't know which character I should put as leader; I have Chewbacca actually but I don't know if i shoud put Luminara or Sidious instead. I am sticking with Chewbacca actually for the defense bonus. In addition, how can I proceed to improve my composition? (I am a FTP player) I am farming Luminara in GW, Sidious in Arena and Daka in Cantina (was thinking about Boba Fett) too. Here is my composition:

Level 47:
Clone Wars Chewbacca (4*) Gear VI (LEADER)
Darth Sidious (5*) Gear VI
Luminara Unduli (4*) Gear VI
Cad Bane (3*) Gear VI
Jedi Consular (3*) Gear V

Power: 12.683
All abilities are Level 4.

Bench:
Jawa (4*), Poggle (4*), Talia (3*), First Order Stormtrooper (2*), Ewok Scout (1*), IG-86 (1*), Royal Guard (1*), Clone Sergeant - Phase 1 (1*), Snowtrooper (1*), First Order TIE Pilot (1*).

Talia or Consular? Because I have seen many different opinions about them, claiming one is better than the other or vice versa. Thank you guys!

P.S: Hope we will all enjoy the film out soon! ;)

Replies

• I'd go with poggle instead of bane, put sid as leader and switch out chew for talia (and maybe get her to 4* with cantina energy). I have a similar team and since I've benched chew my pvp winrate is raised and at the same time I have more time to spare in arena.
  • Yeah now everyone has Sidious Chewie is much less of a pain than he was before. Unless Bariss on enemy team I just kill Chewie first to get him out of the way, unless Tie Pilot or another glass cannon there.
  • Thank you for your answers! Isendel, why you would switch Cad Bane with Poggle? :)
    Do you think switching Chewie with Talia would improve my defense rate too or I would fall down in ranks faster?
  • Talia is kinda important for darkside missions, so investing in her is not a mistake. However, talia turns out to be rather mediocre it pvp. She really only shines when you fully upgrade her passive, basic and heal abilities, but even then, she will be outdone by Ashoka. Talias true worth comes from her turn manipulation, where her team heal grants the entire team turn gain, and additional turn gain for her. This way, talia can actually take 2 turns in a row in some cases, allowing her to basic attack to recover some of her lost health, and speeding up your whole team in general. If you are focusing one target, and you do not bring that target to the point where the ai triggers healers to heal (switch targets to keep your intended target at this threshold) then when its talias turn, you use her heal (even if no one on your team is injured) then it is likely that your team will all get a purst to their turn meter enough to take out your intended target before it is healed. Thats talias role.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Pilot wrote: »
    Talia is kinda important for darkside missions, so investing in her is not a mistake. However, talia turns out to be rather mediocre it pvp. She really only shines when you fully upgrade her passive, basic and heal abilities, but even then, she will be outdone by Ashoka. Talias true worth comes from her turn manipulation, where her team heal grants the entire team turn gain, and additional turn gain for her. This way, talia can actually take 2 turns in a row in some cases, allowing her to basic attack to recover some of her lost health, and speeding up your whole team in general. If you are focusing one target, and you do not bring that target to the point where the ai triggers healers to heal (switch targets to keep your intended target at this threshold) then when its talias turn, you use her heal (even if no one on your team is injured) then it is likely that your team will all get a purst to their turn meter enough to take out your intended target before it is healed. Thats talias role.

Ooo... now this part I didn't realize. Need to upgrade that heal a few levels I suppose.

Chewie is OK, but I've been experimenting lately with a lineup without Chewie to see how well Teebo's stealth, enemy turn manipulation, and buff removal works on a utility basis for Arena and GW. He's surprised me at how useful he is compared to Chewie. The main problem with Chewie is that his taunt is on a fairly long cooldown, so if you have need to defend your characters at low HP while it's on cooldown, you are SOL. With Teebo, if his Leader stealth doesn't proc for my team (45% chance at L4) to protect them, he has the option to stealth himself (if it didn't proc on its own) and attempt to remove 75% of their turn meter to prevent action until I can get a heal off.

I will typically try to nuke down a glass cannon DPS right off the bat in PvP knowing that Chewie's taunt can be slow. If that DPS isn't dead outright when Chewie taunts, I can usually finish them off with AoE and wait out Chewie's taunt.

The main benefit with Consular is the fact that with ability upgrades and the proc on his basic attack, he can sometimes spam heal after only 2 rounds, which is the shortest cooldown team heal out there other than things like Barriss' basic attack proc.

SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.