How hard will Luke's journey be?

Prev134
Will g8/9 and decent mods be enough like all the legendary events, or will this require g10/11 and zetas. I could probably get leia and old Ben farmed up, but I doubt I can bring everyone up to g11

Replies

• Options
    The event hasn't even been released yet, how could anybody know?
  • Options
    Easier with the reworks.
  • Options

It's for speculation of course...for someone who chimes in trying to act smart...
  • Options

It's for speculation of course...for someone who chimes in trying to act smart...

Do you know what a speculation is? A speculation is something based on some type of information given. We don't know who we are going to face against in the event, we don't know what the re-works for the characters will involve, we pretty much don't know anything, except the characters that are required. How can anybody speculate anything about the difficulty at this point?

Usually legendary events require g9 characters at least for their last tier(g8 could be possible if you're one in a million lucky), but usually g9 is the bare minimum. Is that enough speculation?
  • Options
    Considering the requirements so far, I would suspect higher levels will be needed due to the nature of the event.
  • Wassup
    128 posts Member
    Options

Or someone trying to keep the boards from getting cluttered by stupid questions.
  • Options
    No offence, but what is the point of threads like these? They obviously aren't going to tell you and why should they? They hand everyone enough as it is
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    Options
    As always it's very much mod dependant. If you have average mods then it's reasonable to assume you're going to need 9/10+ considering how difficult the thrawn battle was, I wouldn't expect this to be any different.

However, if you're sitting on 5 x 130+ speed mods then you should walk through at gear 8. it's all relative.
  • ColonelTravis
    365 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Nastynas91 wrote: »
    No offence, but what is the point of threads like these?

They want an answer just like you want an answer!
    Just messing with you.

Based on past big events, I'm guessing it will require pretty strong characters but not max or even near-max. I'm F2P and wish I could remember what I needed to get R2, Palpatine and Yoda to 7 stars. All I know is that it wasn't a team of killers.
  • Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    Options
    Gear 8 with good mods will suffice.
  • Options
    I hope Gear 11 - 12 fully modded chars are needed, and lots of RNG. If his kit is going to be that good this unlock should be as difficult as can be
    Han Solo: No time to discuss this as a committee. Princess Leia: I am not a committee!
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    I hope Gear 11 - 12 fully modded chars are needed, and lots of RNG. If his kit is going to be that good this unlock should be as difficult as can be

I agree with this except for the g12 part. Even if they release higher levels and g12 tomorrow the likelihood those that would be in the running otherwise could get to g12 by the time of the event is very small.
  • Options
    I'm hoping it's harder than legendary and takes g10/11 with decent mods, and if you don't put your better mod sets on them you need to have max gear and zetas. Make him hard to get.
  • Options
    Very hard. Didn't you see the trailer they had? Need gear 11, amazing mods (+100 speed at the minimum). Need to zeta farmboy luke (that's how you get zetas on CLS). Surprised you didn't see the trailer of released footage. It's been everywhere. You face a Zader EP, Zaul, zTarkin, and Magma trooper. But the trick is that they're all leaders
  • Options
    I doubt they will crank up the gear level requirement to where only 10/11 on all characters will bring success. Yesterday we were told by CG_Kozispoon in the mega thread that they'll:

shed more light on the various methods we're implementing to help Players along to make this journey a good one.

Helping "to make this journey a good one" to me doesn't sound like the language someone would use if they really meant "you better have everyone maxed and modded out the yin yang or you ain't gettin Luke." Later in the same thread CG_Kozispoon said:
    There are no Gear level restrictions. So you coulld technically waltz in at Gear 1 though you wouldn't get very far!

No minimum gear requirement, which means they're trying to give you a shot. At the same time, it also tells me you should have strong characters. How strong? Who knows. The only thing they've said is 7 stars, and we've seen the groans from that. I'm not seeing hints that you need to be roided out like Barry Bonds circa 2001.
  • Options
    As long as gear XI Leia, STH, Luke, and R2D2 can carry gear IX Old Ben I hope it's difficult. I expect it will be harder then legendary as he unlocks at 7* instead of the typical 5*.

PS, have you seen the gear requirements to get to gear X? It's best not to look.
  • Options
    It should be hard. I mean, old ben died on Luke's journey haha
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Well my uncle has a friend who works for a large company and his team of lawyers say you will need max G11 and all zetas after the rework to get CLS.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    Max Gear XI, Level 85, god-mode mods. You don't want to be caught off guard like Luke on Hoth with his hairy Tauntaun junk in hand.

tumblr_mw0e1fssQY1si2x44o1_500.gif

• Options
    You'll find out when it's released. I'm hoping real hard. It's about time for a challenge.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    If his kit is going to be that good this unlock should be as difficult as can be.
    I agree with this. If they are going to make the character very good, then getting him shouldn't be a matter of hitting auto.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    It will be as hard as your wallet is deep....as long as they can milk.....errr.....extend the event till The Last Jedi. Lol
  • Options
    Gear 9 level 80 7 stars and abilities at 7... there is speculation for ya!
    Yes, I am THE Warrior.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    All characters required to get him should average Gear 9. IMO. So having an 11, 10, 9, 8,7 should work. LOL. The Problem will occur when your fighting lets say Vader, Tarkin, and a bunch of storm troopers. If they are maxed with protection. The taunting Trooper will hold you off while Vader and Tarkin through debuffs.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    KueChael wrote: »
    All characters required to get him should average Gear 9. IMO. So having an 11, 10, 9, 8,7 should work. LOL. The Problem will occur when your fighting lets say Vader, Tarkin, and a bunch of storm troopers. If they are maxed with protection. The taunting Trooper will hold you off while Vader and Tarkin through debuffs.
    KueChael wrote: »

If we get to use CSL, he has a special that will knock that taunt right off!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    If i could predict i would play the lotto.
  • Tactyou
    756 posts Member
    Options

It'll be hard that forum will burn again
  • Options
    Warrior_TI wrote: »
    Gear 9 level 80 7 stars and abilities at 7... there is speculation for ya!

Speculation you say? ;););)
    Join THE WØRLD ALLIΔNCE! https://discord.gg/pnEc9aB
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    If his kit is going to be that good this unlock should be as difficult as can be.
    I agree with this. If they are going to make the character very good, then getting him shouldn't be a matter of hitting auto.

I want it so hard that only 2% of the player base gets him. Maxed mods, G11 characters, and unholy RNG. The fewer the better, especially the way some are attacking those unprepared.
    Han Solo: No time to discuss this as a committee. Princess Leia: I am not a committee!
  • Options
    Gear X with decent mods and needing good RNG would seem fair. Maybe even XI would be okay as long as my gear IX Old Ben won't hold me back.
This discussion has been closed.