Character Strategy: Stormtrooper Han

Prev13
Kozispoon
3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
edited August 2017
Stormtrooper Han
Stormtrooper Han's leader ability has been reworked to improve his allies' defense and he has a new Zeta upgrade that allows him to recover Protection.

BASIC: Wary Shot
  • Omega upgrade "Turn Meter Gain Chance" amount increased from 15% to 30%
SPECIAL: Draw Fire
  • Updated text to clarify that other allies gain Turn Meter only if Stormtrooper Han is damaged while this Taunt is active
  • Cooldown reduced by 1
LEADER: Plan B
  • Fully upgraded, now grants +40% Defense instead of +35 (flat) Defense to allies above 50% Health.

UNIQUE: Bluff
  • New ZETA upgrade: "Whenever Han takes damage he recovers 5% Protection"

GENERAL STRATEGY
No major changes. Just as good as ever!
Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines

Replies

• Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    On basic, why you would want TM gain is beyond me. I want TM SLOW when he taunts, I never omegad it. Again with the impulse zeta, I guess just to have a "zeta team "
  • Bt_7274
    357 posts Member
    This is awesome :blush:
    discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • On basic, why you would want TM gain is beyond me. I want TM SLOW when he taunts, I never omegad it. Again with the impulse zeta, I guess just to have a "zeta team "

You want TM for Bluff dude!
  • Noataq
    176 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Hmm. I'm not disappointed per say, just not really impressed. I hoped for an improvement aside from the zeta, as that is a hot commodity. Depending on what his zetas are, I will likely throw all three on Commander Luke before I move to the new hope characters. (Already have r2's number crunch)
  • On basic, why you would want TM gain is beyond me. I want TM SLOW when he taunts, I never omegad it. Again with the impulse zeta, I guess just to have a "zeta team "

So he can taunt faster and give the entire team that 30% tm boost again.
  • That zeta + zarris is a match made in heaven for galactic war :)
  • His basic should've been 'if han is not taunting gain tm and if han is taunting, something like give defence up to han for 2 turns'z
  • Sure will not be a priority zeta in my list.
    Do or do not...

Far too squishy to survive till 2nd taunt. That 5%prot recovery is not going to change that
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    I hope Leia and raid Han reworks are better and don't need Zetas
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Noataq
    176 posts Member
    Krokovich wrote: »
    On basic, why you would want TM gain is beyond me. I want TM SLOW when he taunts, I never omegad it. Again with the impulse zeta, I guess just to have a "zeta team "

Far too squishy to survive till 2nd taunt. That 5%prot recovery is not going to change that
    Hskull55 wrote: »

A gear 11 zeta STH will definitely not be "squishy" and can probably handle himself.

Seems like the route they are going, leia and raid han will likely have zetas.
  • BartleBee
    7 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Get ready to have to invest a zeta on each CLS heros journey team to be strong enough to complete it ;) see a trend here?

"Congrats on farming old Ben to 7*! Now did you bring your 80 zeta mats with you for leia & the boys?"
  • TM gain on basic is good especially given his taunt's cooldown was reduced. Bluff removes TM on the start of turn. All together he is made as a very good tank under CLS leadership: gets hit, counters, gets TM and gives TM to the team. On the beginning of his turns removes TM to enemy due to bluff or removes TM when is hit. If TMR effect is resisted, gives TM to all rebels. This way he can even manage to survive till his 2nd taunt and give everyone TM one more time.
  • Still have a hard time seeing him as useful without more h/p, maybe because I've never been a fan of his.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    I like the protection regain.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Noataq wrote: »
    Krokovich wrote: »

Hskull55 wrote: »

A gear 11 zeta STH will definitely not be "squishy" and can probably handle himself.

Seems like the route they are going, leia and raid han will likely have zetas.

For example, my gear 11 STH taunted twice when I used him in arena last month
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Zeta should give 10% and protection up if not already present. 5% is a bit to low because even with really good mods it is a 1800 protection regeneration with attacks that does 10k usually, you won't notice...
  • i think he should've get HP and protection buff. take a look at this
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/stats/ under defensive - he's one of the least tankiest tanks.
    now it have to get zeta to be viable tank in the current meta, and im sorry, but this is zeta on the level of Lumi and chewy.
    disappointed. :(
  • Xetal
    218 posts Member
    Zeta: Hans taunt is a locked buff and cannot be dispelled.

Zeta: If Han is damaged while taunting, all allies recover 5% health and 5% protection.

Zeta: Han gains 100% turn meter at the start of any combat.

Zeta: Enemies that damage Han suffer Offense Down for 1 turn. If they already have Offense Down, then they suffer Speed Down instead for 1 turn. These effects cannot be resisted.

One of those might be worth a Zeta, this is not.
  • Thysk
    85 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    Zeta should give 10% and protection up if not already present. 5% is a bit to low because even with really good mods it is a 1800 protection regeneration with attacks that does 10k usually, you won't notice...
    ZaulLover wrote: »
    i think he should've get HP and protection buff. take a look at this
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/stats/ under defensive - he's one of the least tankiest tanks.
    now it have to get zeta to be viable tank in the current meta, and im sorry, but this is zeta on the level of Lumi and chewy.
    disappointed. :(

What you aren't considering is that, so long as STHan has more max protection than max health, it will be damage neutral (or he'll gain protection) when he's damaged by DoTs. Sure zVader can eventually Saber Throw him dead, but the DoTs won't kill him. Most tanks take a lot of damage from DoTs, since they are a percent of health damage mechanic.
  • So dissapointed...
  • It's nice rework.. but maybe not for arena battle. Imagine that zeta unique use somewhere else, let's said: p3 aat/haat. INDESTRUCTABLE TANK!!
    :scream::lol:

Forget the old role: "han should taunt first, make him fast as possible". Put all health/defence mods there, search for primary protection (include arrow), and secondary protection. 5% prot recovery seems nice if we mod him to full protection mode. I like that!! :love:
  • Asena
    15 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Worst zeta ever, very bad design.
    Post edited by Asena on
  • I can't comprehend why people are complaining about this. STHan was already a great character and they have made him slightly better. That is a win no matter how you slice it.
  • Any image or video of him in action? Or are all the animations the same? @CG_Kozispoon
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Sure is a lot of negativity about some upgrades that they didn't have to do. Every character doesn't have to be super OP, do they?
  • The team TM gain under CLS is going to he nuts. Load up his protection+ defense and he is going to feed so much TM. The one thing that would make his zeta just a little better would be cooldown-1 on taunt if taunt is dispelled (kinda like shore)
  • Krayden_Phogg
    1685 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    With 4 protection primaries (I think that's the max for primaries?) his protection is over 36k and that's not including whatever protection secondaries are put on him. Mine only has 2 protection primaries and he's over 32k. If I added two more primaries that puts him at 48k or so.
  • this is the same zeta as k2so it is not amazing but it's not a bad thing sthan is a better char than k2 he gets hit more and stays alive longer with this . this is not chewie lvl bad that gets nullified by ability block this is his unique
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Asena wrote: »
    Worst zeta ever, very bad design.

Almost, K2's zeta is worse. He gains 1% max protection every time he takes damage