3) Notification when you've been attacked. Allow you to take over your own defense. As this slows down the pace of battle, remove the timer so you can't simply time out. Add a per attack 30 second timer instead. If you don't attack in 30 seconds it switches to auto attack.
4) Fix the AI issues such as AI not being effected by cool down.
5) Decide if attack effects are going to be applied on counters and bonus attacks or not. Too often Dooku or stormtroopers will counter and inflict a negative status effect on the enemy but it vanishes immediately. If they're supposed to stay, let them stay. If they arent, remove the flash of a negative symbol popping up.
6) Fix galactic war. Seriously. You already have the basic formula set up in the arena. 3 tiers of enemies based on their rank/power. How hard is it to apply that to the 3 tiers of rewards in GA battles with a simple sliding scale based on how far along they are. I shouldn't be facing enemies 10+ levels above me.
7) More and better ways to earn:
High end materials that you need 20 of
8) More character variety, and ability to use multiple copies of non-unique characters. Such as urrorrur and 4 generic Tusken raiders. The AI can do it. Let us do it too.
This means more balance checking to make sure all options are in check, but it'd be a nice update in 6 months or so. Allow us to respec and give us all gear used and credits used back for a 10 day period after the update. Then allow us to customize.
10) Make healing immunity it's own potency/tenacity check based on the casters tenacity and the healers potency. If the healer has enough potency, allow the heal to do anot attempt to heal thru the immunity. This would balance the debuff without needing nerfs. Change the name to Heal Resistant.
Add in a synergy buff for those characters as well. If master and padawan are in battle together, add a small buff
2) Ability to review battles you defended in pvp.
That would be tough since the computer sims your opponent's team. Between the storage needed to hold the replays, the cost and tech would be nightmarish for this budget, especially if you want a video copy of the game....
Half of the heroes are unusable because you can't reliably get shards and/or they just suck.
Chromium packs should always give you a character if you don't already have it. Buying a pack and getting 10/80 shards on a character only available from chromium packs makes you never buy another pack.
I believe if you already have the character it should give at least 40 shards from a chromium pack. This means you'll need multiple pulls but it at least feels like significant progress
True... even if they offered a video breakdown of 1(your latest) lost battle at a time saved, it would allow you to see it and learn how to tweak your defenses. Or maybe last 3 losses recorded in text format.
Dooku attacks opponent Luminara with Force Lightning. -699 Dooku stuns Luminara for 1 turn (s)!
I like this idea! Tho a counter option for 30 min after a loss only. Or if the counter would put you more ranks ahead than a normal arena battle, it would cost 2 arena battle chances.
2.Galaxy war is good how it is for the most part. At level 51 I even beat a couple of level 60 teams on a war I didn't think I'd complete. That said, while leveling up I did run into a couple of battles where the enemy was 14-20 levels above me, can't be done.
3. Fix the events. Make them feel like less of more of the same and also take away the stupid 50 energy requirement. Nothing in this game has been a bigger letdown than unlocking events. If it's going to just disappoint the players fix it or get rid of it.
4. Make tanks that are actually tanks. I shouldn't choose not to use my tank characters because I know they'll die too easily. For example stormtrooper Han he taunts for two turns you know if you use your taunt he's dead. He's probably dead anyway. Buff the hell out of the tank characters so they can fulfull their role and we can maybe see a little more variety in the game.
5. Give character position in the battle meaning similar to dragon age. It adds another layer of strategy. ie up front characters have more health and characters in the back have increased attack.
I especially like the ideas of a log of your arena defenses and customizable equipment.
I'm excited to see what the developers have in store for us in the future.
TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
I'm always for posts on how to improve games rather than the usual whinging that goes on...
However under your suggestions. Removing the timer under the current arena mechanism will open up the game to fight clubbing type behavior and thus exploiting. It'll be possible for the top couple of people just to fight each other before the rewards are issued and just hold off on beating each other until the reward time has past. Without the timer, they could hold off in a game for over 30 minutes if both people were willing.... Like I said under the current Arena ranking mechanism removing the timer is a really bad idea.
The whole Arena ranking system and determination of rank would need to be redone before any removal of a timer.
Personally I perfer a point system for the Arena to determine your rank, and you earn points based on your performance and the rank of your opponent. You are only allowed a maximum of say five fights a day.. no refreshes here. If points are tied then the highest rank is determined on a first come first served kinda of basis. If it just so happens that points tied happen at the same time then history of ranking comes in to play (over the past three days as an example)
The points you get like I said should be based on your performance, so if you walk out of the match with your whole team near full health you would earn a lot more points than if you walked out of the match with just one person surviving by the skin of their teeth. This should still give healers and support characters a value in this type of arena otherwise people will just go in with DPS heavy only teams.
I think some tanks are actually fine, Chewbacca, Obi-Wan and the Royal Guard... They don't all use the same type of mechanism for tanking. For example Obi-Wan tanks indirectly by locking out dangerous abilities for one turn and putting a three turn offense debuff on the enemy team... However like you said Stormtrooper Han definitely needs a bit of an improvement considering his taunt is essentially a death mark! Plo Koon is another tank that really needs help, cause he feels a lot more like a support character than a tank
Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
For me, my wish list is as follows:
1) A My Profile menu where you can see your Arena Win-Loss (broken down by vs. higher, same, lower level opponents. Gives you more bragging rights if you have a high win-loss against higher level opponents than beating down on lower level opponents), be able to tweak your team for Arena defense and see how many ally points I got from whom (currently, I have no clue how often my hero is being used by my allies). Essentially, a stats menu to view all the things that happened. I also like Havok's suggestion - notifications about attacks and their outcome, but also provide the attacker's team composition so that you know what hit you. Just a day's worth would be enough. Giving the ability to counter attack is probably not feasible because if you lost x times in a row, you will be way down in the ranking and not in a position to take back your initial ranking. Besides, other players could have attacked and taken that ranking
2) An ability tree for heros. Unless you go to SWGOHCantina, you don't know how an hero's ability progresses and what materials are required in what quantity (and even that site is a work in progress). Giving this view allows us to plan ahead and prioritise. In addition, please tweak the UI so that you can see the mat requirement of all three tiers on a page and without having to scroll down as in now
3) Same for the gears. You don't want to allocate a rare gear to a "lesser" hero, only to learn it is needed for my Arena team hero in his/her next level
4) Display the current inventory for the gears that are on sale in Shipments. I usually buy all of them, but I don't know how many I currently hold for those gears
5) Sales items in Shipments should be rare ones. The shards for sale should not only consist of heroes that can be farmed. The current price tag usually does not justify coughing up that much crystals. Same for the gears. I think Shipments should be positioned as a place where you can get things that are not normally available - albeit at a high price
6) Positioning should matter. As Veauxx suggested, give some meaning to the positioning as this would give more strategic option. I was actually thinking the heroes in the back row gaining increased defense at the expense of reduced offense (as they are not in the frontline)?
7) A far-fetched thought (i.e. unrealistic), but perhaps introduce a ranged vs. melee concept in which a melee ability cannot hit back row heroes? So for example, the normal light sabre attack of a Jedi is a melee while his/her special ability (which usually uses the Force) is a ranged ability. Heroes who use blasters are all ranged. To compensate for the limitation (especially the likes of Mace Windu whose attack is all light sabre-based), melee attacks should get some buff
8) Better ally system. I want to use and try out heroes other than Barriss and the popular heroes who tend to dominate the leader position of my allies
9) Give some boost to tanks. As mentioned, there is a reason why tanks other than Barriss don't exist in top teams. They are not durable enough to soak in damage and offer minimal offense
10) Guaranteed one 4-star drop for the 8x Chromium pack. If most of the soft launch players are suggesting don't bother with the Chromium pack unless you have deep pockets (which I am faithfully following their advice rather than try it out and re-confirm my bad luck), then it's bad business for CG and EA. 2,520 crystals is a lot (worth roughly £15!) and you won't get repeat Chromium pack purchases if your first purchase ends up with few shards here and there. Even if it means you get a 4-star hero that you already own, at least you get some significant amount of shards to level up that hero
18. (?) DUELS ( non reward of course ) A LOT of us would like to battle friends, test teams, mechanics, %'s, play out synergies, etc These DUELS are non-ranked , NON- REWARD , battles that you can select from your ally list. both players can control their own team. While the AI does make some good decisions ( at time ) the test of a team comes when two players control what they built.
Please consider this suggstion
2) Raid Events - I want to blow up the deathstar or kill an OP Emperor with all his abilities
3) Space battles
4) Longer questing and leveling before pay to play kicks in
5) free for all last man standing events
I'll stop here but there is tons of cool stuff that can be done