Character Strategy: Han Solo

Replies

• Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Can we get clarification on this? Is it going to turn into 'who's Han is faster' like the Poe days? I for one, do not look back on them fondly
  • RobArt
    117 posts Member
    So can he one shot REX, Sith Assassin, Chirrut? Under Wedge Leade with R2 or Bobba Lead?

no, only Greedo

• RobArt wrote: »
    So can he one shot REX, Sith Assassin, Chirrut? Under Wedge Leade with R2 or Bobba Lead?

no, only Greedo

LOL
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    RobArt wrote: »

no, only Greedo

Nnnnnice
  • Hey guys, can we add in Han Solo as an optional character for Hero's Journey, pretty please?
  • Interesting.. but if we face another raid Han, who's gonna shoot first? :flushed:
  • Reyalp wrote: »
    Can we get clarification on this? Is it going to turn into 'who's Han is faster' like the Poe days? I for one, do not look back on them fondly

Worse, now it'll be RNG deciding who's Han goes first :tongue:
    This is a signature.
  • Swordd
    161 posts Member
    Devs, can you confirm whether or not he will double-attack on assists/counters? Seems to be a lot of confusion and I can see both sides of the argument (though I hope you wouldn't be so sloppy with "each turn" vs "during his turn" after the Nute incident....)
  • RacerDejak wrote: »
    Interesting.. but if we face another raid Han, who's gonna shoot first? :flushed:
    It's RNG based, according to the replies I got so far. :)
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/125078/han-solo-vs-han-solo-who-starts-first
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    What happens when two raid Hans meet? Who goes 1st?
  • Olddumper wrote: »

Mine.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.

Maybe the one with the highest speed?

The one who paid more money in game
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • My only observation to this, is that why does he need to have a zeta? One of the things I love about General Kenobi, is that he is so amazing without needing to have a zeta ability. I love the rework, don't get me wrong. But I don't think he should require zeta's for that ability. there are enough out there, and take long enough to farm.
  • @Olddumper : read my post just above yours. ;)
  • ddlooping2 wrote: »
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    Interesting.. but if we face another raid Han, who's gonna shoot first? :flushed:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/125078/han-solo-vs-han-solo-who-starts-first

Ahaa.. thanks @ddlooping2 :smiley:

Anything related to RNG is bad. I don't get it why i should spend my resource to something which is RNG, not strategic. I think i'll pass on Han this time :/
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Reyalp wrote: »

All TM ties are handled by rng. so yes, it would seem so.
  • DarthScott
    292 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I like the rework EXCEPT the ignoring taunt part. Ignoring taunt makes it so people can't really set a defense that has any strategy on turn order for the opening. It lowers the intellectual engagement / theorycrafting possibilities on defense and is just another huge advantage to the offense over the AI's poor target selection.
  • 7_GSTF
    203 posts Member
    He is just mental... I haven't unlocked him yet... in a couple of raids.. yes.. and wow! Devs please accept my sincere thanks... Han should always stay great!
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    What people don't seem to be getting is that that first stun while being irresistible is probably going to be a crit. Against Rex, Thrawn, GK, R2, GK thats just going to give their whole team a nice TM boost to start so even if you stun Thrawn, Rex is going to get 15% TM and Cleanse that stun before you can go unless you've got a massive mod boost. 1 stun isn't going to be enough with the cleanse popping that is everywhere in arena atm.

Hell, the ignores taunt isn't even as crucial anymore as Baze and Shoretrooper aren't as prevalent. Sure Baze will make a comeback as CLS comes out, but then who do you stun in a CLS, Chaze, Wiggs team or a CLS, Old Ben, Han, Chaze team? Chirrut will probably cleanse that stun before anyone else goes, but stunning chirrut on his first turn doesn't do a whole lot as he's not a huge pain when he's using his special while no one has any buffs anyways.

The best part of the rework imo is simply his damage buffs as he'll be doing even more damage in the raid and having guaranteed crit damage up is nice.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Guess I'll have to see it in action because it's flying way over my head at the moment. Lol!

To be fair, I didn't get that much rest last night so I'm still all screwy in the brain.

Yeah, the first five days after the weekend are terrible.
  • Swordd
    161 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    ddlooping2 wrote: »

This needs to change. Entire battles are going to hinge on this one piece of RNG. At least before there was a resist chance and likely a taunter anyways (plus he wasn't meta). Now, those are untrue, going to be untrue soon, or don't matter, respectively.

I think simultaneous moves would be the best option, and easy to implement. You don't have to worry about resists/counters to be reacted to, due to the automatic stun. If the Han's shoot each other, both Han's are damaged and stunned. Essentially each team just picks a character to stun at the start of battle.
  • Bhaalor wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Guess I'll have to see it in action because it's flying way over my head at the moment. Lol!

To be fair, I didn't get that much rest last night so I'm still all screwy in the brain.

Yeah, the first five days after the weekend are terrible.

Lol! Indeed.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Well, I've looked into it, and I guess my assumption was wrong. I was under the impression that regardless of the number of attacks (single-, double-, triple-taps), that a character could only counter once. It looks like that's not the case, which I somehow seem to never have noticed, despite running Leia and Dooku quite a bit.
    I still think CG meant the first time on each of Han's turns, not on each turn from every player, and I'd expect a ability text change at some point. Honestly, with no native counterattacking ability of his own, the odds of raid Han ever having multiple counterattacks in the same enemy's turn is so exceedingly rare that it would be unlikely for CG to even put that restriction on his unique.
    We'll see, I guess.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Pyrefly wrote: »
    Well, I've looked into it, and I guess my assumption was wrong. I was under the impression that regardless of the number of attacks (single-, double-, triple-taps), that a character could only counter once. It looks like that's not the case, which I somehow seem to never have noticed, despite running Leia and Dooku quite a bit.
    I still think CG meant the first time on each of Han's turns, not on each turn from every player, and I'd expect a ability text change at some point. Honestly, with no native counterattacking ability of his own, the odds of raid Han ever having multiple counterattacks in the same enemy's turn is so exceedingly rare that it would be unlikely for CG to even put that restriction on his unique.
    We'll see, I guess.

Raid Han has 35% native counter chance when his unique is fully upgraded. There are also already toons who can hit more than one attack per counter so I don't see why they would be treating Han differently.
  • 7_GSTF
    203 posts Member
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    We'll see, I guess.

But you have forgotten CLS lead - gives all rebel allies + 50 % counter chance... coupled with that... Han has an amazing 85 % counter chance!
  • DarthScott wrote: »
    I like the rework EXCEPT the ignoring taunt part. Ignoring taunt makes it so people can't really set a defense that has any strategy on turn order for the opening. It lowers the intellectual engagement / theorycrafting possibilities on defense and is just another huge advantage to the offense over the AI's poor target selection.

Very true point. However, in terms of making it so he will actually be used, instead of just being hard countered by very commonly used units (Shore Trooper and Baze,) he absolutely needed to be able to ignore taunt.

The other crazy awesome stuff could be cut in half and he still be useful, but without ignoring taunt, he'd still be warming our benches.
  • Swordd
    161 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    We'll see, I guess.

I agree with you up until CLS is released, then I think it is highly likely Raid Han will have multiple counter-attacks (1/4 chance if he is hit twice, 1/2 chance if he is hit three times). I agree that we need clarification from the devs. I actually wasn't even thinking about the multi-attack scenario when arguing that he likely will attack twice on counters. I was basing the argument on the idea that if they meant Han's turn only, they would say that since they recently caused a ton of grief by screwing that up with Nute/Jawas.

Edit: forgot about his native counter. The odds above are way too low.
  • ddlooping2 wrote: »

Don't you think this is crazy? Why would it not be up to the highest speed? Isn't that how all encounters start apart from raid han?
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    SGMiller87 wrote: »
    We'll see, I guess.

Raid Han has 35% native counter chance when his unique is fully upgraded. There are also already toons who can hit more than one attack per counter so I don't see why they would be treating Han differently.
    Well kittens. Can you tell that raid Han is one of only three characters I don't have unlocked?

Still seems pretty edge case to cause an exclusion, but hey, I guess that means it doesn't matter a ton either way, right?
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!