Character Strategy: Han Solo

Replies

• DarthScott wrote: »
    I like the rework EXCEPT the ignoring taunt part. Ignoring taunt makes it so people can't really set a defense that has any strategy on turn order for the opening. It lowers the intellectual engagement / theorycrafting possibilities on defense and is just another huge advantage to the offense over the AI's poor target selection.

Very true point. However, in terms of making it so he will actually be used, instead of just being hard countered by very commonly used units (Shore Trooper and Baze,) he absolutely needed to be able to ignore taunt.

The other crazy awesome stuff could be cut in half and he still be useful, but without ignoring taunt, he'd still be warming our benches.

Agreed, ignoring taunt was a MUST.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Trez
    7 posts Member
    I'm thoroughly disappointed in this. Chirrut/Baze, Wedge/Biggs, Cassian/K2. None of those duos are as iconic in the Star Wars universe as Chewie and Han yet Chewie and Han have zero synergies after both of them got updates. Pfft. Fail
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Trez wrote: »
    I'm thoroughly disappointed in this. Chirrut/Baze, Wedge/Biggs, Cassian/K2. None of those duos are as iconic in the Star Wars universe as Chewie and Han yet Chewie and Han have zero synergies after both of them got updates. Pfft. Fail
    Clone Wars Chewie hasn't even met Han yet. And he didn't get a rework.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Swordd
    161 posts Member
    Trez wrote: »

Did Clone Wars Chewbacca even know that Han existed, yet? Original Trilogy Chewbacca is coming at some point. Save the disappointment until he comes out and doesn't have any Han synergies.
  • Swordd wrote: »
    ddlooping2 wrote: »
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    Interesting.. but if we face another raid Han, who's gonna shoot first? :flushed:
    It's RNG based, according to the replies I got so far. :)
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/125078/han-solo-vs-han-solo-who-starts-first

This needs to change. Entire battles are going to hinge on this one piece of RNG. At least before there was a resist chance and likely a taunter anyways (plus he wasn't meta). Now, those are untrue, going to be untrue soon, or don't matter, respectively.

I think simultaneous moves would be the best option, and easy to implement. You don't have to worry about resists/counters to be reacted to, due to the automatic stun. If the Han's shoot each other, both Han's are damaged and stunned. Essentially each team just picks a character to stun at the start of battle.

Many of us have already been through this type of RNG prior to Shoretrooper being a thing and people's tenacity being ridiculously low. Trust me, you have the advantage even if the AI shoots first. AI will randomly target people, there is only a 20% chance he will hit the guy you don't want him to hit.

This is far weaker of a situation than two zMaul w/SA facing off when they have exact same speed. That kind of situation dictates which TEAM goes first, not just which character.
  • "the first time each turn Han uses his Basic attack he attacks again dealing 50% less damage"

"Each turn" means every ally (including Han) and enemy turn. "Han uses his Basic attack" is triggered when a player presses the button, when he counter attacks, or when he is called to assist.

Han can use his Basic on his turn, be called to Assist the next turn, and counter attack an enemy the following turn, and all of these uses of his Basic will trigger the bonus attack. The only limiter is that it can never happen more than once each (ally and enemy) turn.
  • Trez wrote: »

Man agree with you 100% I've been saying this for a while. Don't let the forum ****'s...um I mean the devs hear you though :)
  • Han has always had native counterattack ability (35%) which means he'll reach 85% under CLS lead so expect him to counter like Fives. The "each turn" wording is identical to ATF's ability Perseverance which triggers on any individual character's turn (whether friendly, enemy, or self) so it looks like Han should double tap on a counterattack (counter each hit, but double tap on first counter only when multi-hit by someone like Rey, Fives, Dooku) or as an assist.
  • Swordd
    161 posts Member
    Just for fun...if Han is double-attacked with 85% counter chance, there is a 72.25% chance of multi-counter. Up that to three attacks and there is a 93.9% chance of multiple counters, including a 61.4% chance of countering three times (which might mean 4 attacks, depending on how the 'during each turn' thing turns out).
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Mcmole wrote: »
    Raid_Han_changes.jpg

Illustrated table of the changes.

Thanks! Wish CG whould just post reworks like that. I'm too lazy to do a manual comparison.
  • Swordd
    161 posts Member
    "the first time each turn Han uses his Basic attack he attacks again dealing 50% less damage"

"Each turn" means every ally (including Han) and enemy turn. "Han uses his Basic attack" is triggered when a player presses the button, when he counter attacks, or when he is called to assist.

Han can use his Basic on his turn, be called to Assist the next turn, and counter attack an enemy the following turn, and all of these uses of his Basic will trigger the bonus attack. The only limiter is that it can never happen more than once each (ally and enemy) turn.

Woah! That makes this extremely powerful. Thank you so much for clarifying.
  • Dreadnaught1411
    24 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    looks nice
  • StormTro0p3R_H
    1643 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    "the first time each turn Han uses his Basic attack he attacks again dealing 50% less damage"

Holy kitten!
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    The unresistable stun that ignores taunt is absolutely clutch against most teams. And even though they haven't been much of a threat lately, zaul teams running with nihilus can be stopped from getting that first turn advantage with a daze + cool down increase combo.

My entire empire team right now relies on my ubur fast Thrawn to get first turn (his speed is 265), throw his TM to deathtrooper for the cool down reduction, follow it up with a fracture of whoever is the most annoying, then Tarkin lays down his mass debuff followed by TM reduction or clearing any foresights, then my nihilus uses the cool down increase, then Vader inflicts dots and speed down. This line of attack has been bullet proof for me, even against triple cleanse teams. If you stun thrawn right away, the whole strategy is down the toilet. Maybe that's over dramatic since AI prolly won't stun Thrawn first but say 1 out of 5 times the AI will stun thrawn and screw up my chances.

Overall this is my favorite rework however if Han stays as squishy as he is now, he won't live long against most teams
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Any chance you'll amend the rules and allow us to use Raid Han in the Commander Luke event, @CG_Kozispoon ? Or @CG_Conduit23 ?
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Strubz wrote: »
    The unresistable stun that ignores taunt is absolutely clutch against most teams. And even though they haven't been much of a threat lately, zaul teams running with nihilus can be stopped from getting that first turn advantage with a daze + cool down increase combo.

My entire empire team right now relies on my ubur fast Thrawn to get first turn (his speed is 265), throw his TM to deathtrooper for the cool down reduction, follow it up with a fracture of whoever is the most annoying, then Tarkin lays down his mass debuff followed by TM reduction or clearing any foresights, then my nihilus uses the cool down increase, then Vader inflicts dots and speed down. This line of attack has been bullet proof for me, even against triple cleanse teams. If you stun thrawn right away, the whole strategy is down the toilet. Maybe that's over dramatic since AI prolly won't stun Thrawn first but say 1 out of 5 times the AI will stun thrawn and screw up my chances.

Overall this is my favorite rework however if Han stays as squishy as he is now, he won't live long against most teams

Exactly. If built right Han will get his First Shot-double tap, a Special Attack followed immediately by a double tap Basic, and then die in the enemy turn (if they have one.)
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Looks like raid Han will be a pre-req to stun r-2 off the bat to avoid stealth.
  • Obs0lete
    382 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Swordd wrote: »
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    I guess I am missing something. Lol! The stun and ignore taunt are great, not sure about the rest.

Anyone have any cliff notes of what I'm blind to?

50% damage boost on basic with the guaranteed second shot? Plus extra chance to inflict stun after his first attack.

So he's always attacking twice on his basic, or just one time per battle?

Only the first time he uses his basic

Nope. The first time he uses his basic each turn

It happens every time he uses the ability, but will not happen if he is called in to assist.

Not necessarily. If he uses a special at the start of his turn and is called to assist, then that would trigger a double tap.

Edit: I just read Conduit's clarification and I had not realized that turn means anybody's turn, so there's even more possibilities.
  • Halcyon29 wrote: »
    Han has always had native counterattack ability (35%) which means he'll reach 85% under CLS lead so expect him to counter like Fives. The "each turn" wording is identical to ATF's ability Perseverance which triggers on any individual character's turn (whether friendly, enemy, or self) so it looks like Han should double tap on a counterattack (counter each hit, but double tap on first counter only when multi-hit by someone like Rey, Fives, Dooku) or as an assist.
    Chirrut and Baze will have between a 135% and 240% chance under CLS though depending on the amount of Empire opponents :)
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member

Wow, yeah, that's pretty powerful, indeed, then. Thanks for the clarification!
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Does anyone know how attacks that cant be evaded or resisted work with foresight? Trying to figure out if he can stun jedis as well that have foresight first turn. Also does the stun apply to first shot and second shot during that bonus turn?
  • Ledinis
    193 posts Member
    [img][/img]Yoda_zpsbadwkl6z.png
  • Does anyone know how attacks that cant be evaded or resisted work with foresight? Trying to figure out if he can stun jedis as well that have foresight first turn. Also does the stun apply to first shot and second shot during that bonus turn?

It doesnt say anywhere that his Shoots First cant be evaded right? Only unresistable. Thought of that too lol
    This is a signature.

It doesnt say anywhere that his Shoots First cant be evaded right? Only unresistable. Thought of that too lol

Pretty sure it does, under the description of the unique.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Olddumper wrote: »
    Looks like raid Han will be a pre-req to stun r-2 off the bat to avoid stealth.
    Of course, as was already pointed out, if you're facing R2 under a Rex lead, you'll be feeding up to 30% TM to Rex and 15% TM to the rest, so Rex is just likely to cleanse R2 before R2's turn comes up, freeing R2 to smokescreen like he was originally going to.

Sorry, under basic

BASIC: Quick Draw
    This ability can no longer be Evaded

It's under the rework for his basic
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Does anyone know how attacks that cant be evaded or resisted work with foresight? Trying to figure out if he can stun jedis as well that have foresight first turn. Also does the stun apply to first shot and second shot during that bonus turn?
    The text on the first page indicated that Han's basic attack cannot be evaded, and his unique states that the stun cannot be resisted. So the stun should apply regardless of foresight or tenacity up.

And since the stun cannot be evaded/resisted, does it matter if the second shot on the same target causes stun a second time?
  • Orleans
    177 posts Member
    Li
    Strubz wrote: »

I run the same without Vader. (GK here). But your'e right. That's annoying.. But the rework is awesome.
  • Luke and Han being able to ignore taunts is really nice but i'm wondering how viable this will be on defense in arena. These two will shoot at anyone while others will desperately try to kill the tank. Will they be like the Resistance, still not much viable cause really bad on defense while being one of the most powerful team on offense ?