Character Strategy: Commander Luke Skywalker

Replies

• Good luck with that. ^
  • zombiwan_kenobi
    427 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    prime311 wrote: »
    Wow so the rebel teams that were already dominating arena since adding r2 are made more powerful. This sucks.

Not sure about that, Luke lead doesn't bring anything that powerful since counter teams are outdated and not much effective especially against current metas. He could join a Jyn lead but Rogue one teams aren't that successful in arena these days, he could also join your typical Wiggs or whatever but R2D2 is way more useful than him so you'll need to get rid of Biggs or Wedge...
    He heavily relies upon debuffs which is fun but you'll be totally wrecked by Thrawn leads, which seems to be quite common these days since he's dominating first ranks in arenas.

Even if Luke will shine in raids i don't think he'll be part of any meta since he's way below Thrawn or Nihilus when it comes to game breaking powers.

Quite funnily darkside players are always complaining about their faction while they have two of the best toons around, and way more available than your typical GK.
  • prime311 wrote: »
    Wow so the rebel teams that were already dominating arena since adding r2 are made more powerful. This sucks.

Not sure about that, Luke lead doesn't bring anything that powerful since counter teams are outdated and not much effective especially against current metas. He could join a Jyn lead but Rogue one teams aren't that successful in arena these days, he could also join your typical Wiggs or whatever but R2D2 is way more useful than him so you'll need to get rid of Biggs or Wedge...
    He heavily relies upon debuffs which is fun but you'll be totally wrecked by Thrawn leads, which seems to be quite common these days since he's dominating first ranks in arenas.

Even if Luke will shine in raids i don't think he'll be part of any meta since he's way below Thrawn or Nihilus when it comes to game breaking powers.

Quite funnily darkside players are always complaining about their faction while they have two of the best toons around, and way more available than your typical GK.

Rex lead is dominating first ranks in arena, not Thrawn.
  • Keldo
    364 posts Member
    CLS with Ashoka fulcrum? Every time she counters using her basic gives a boost of 40% protection. Add in Chaze and GK/DN or ideally R2 with both zeta's for an extra cleanse and all the boosts. Could be quite a good team. Even swap Chaze for Wiggs?
  • Keldo wrote: »
    CLS with Ashoka fulcrum? Every time she counters using her basic gives a boost of 40% protection. Add in Chaze and GK/DN or ideally R2 with both zeta's for an extra cleanse and all the boosts. Could be quite a good team. Even swap Chaze for Wiggs?

Yeah that's been mentioned quite a lot. Good idea.
  • Keldo
    364 posts Member
    Keldo wrote: »

Yeah that's been mentioned quite a lot. Good idea.

I have her sitting at 10/65 just waiting for her hiring the shard shop. Gear XI and decent-ish mods. Chaze is my big drawback to that idea but if I rework my mods I reckon I could make Wiggs viable again.
  • Throw this bloke into an ewok squad.

3x 'remove 100% TM' from him, Teebo & logray.

Frightening
  • JJay
    368 posts Member
    I wonder if he will get a ship....
  • Seems slightly overpowered in my honest opinion. He should be very strong, most iconic character in Star Wars, but should not be a God. I'll enjoy playing him regardless
  • Zarcon
    2 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    So what I'm hearing is cls, Ezra, wigs, and double zeta r2. That sounds terrifying.
  • I can run rebels AND jedi at the SAME time! :o CLS lead, ezra, zzR2D2, old ben, and kanan or FAT... Yah I know FAT doesn't have a jedi tag, wait... will CLS??? :s
  • Looks cool... Too bad I had 1 day notice that I needed five 7* empire chars to unlock R2 during his surprise event in order to unlock Luke. Guess I'll see him slaughter me in arena and GW though. That should be fun.
  • Calx
    112 posts Member
    Man, how on earth did the devs settle on this totally random collection of characters to unlock CLS?

escape_the_death_star.jpg

(Old Ben just buffed the group)

Just be thankful that they're letting you use STH instead of raid Han, since there are still lots of people in non-Rancor guilds.
  • I could accept that ATF wasn't a Jedi... But there i'm really angry. You just don't wanna see Jedi faction too powerfull, I hate you when I see all you did for Siths.

Jedi Pass is coming. Have patience young Padawan.
    anonidude wrote: »
    kodias wrote: »
    I could accept that ATF wasn't a Jedi... But there i'm really angry. You just don't wanna see Jedi faction too powerfull, I hate you when I see all you did for Siths.

I agree. After all this time, we still aren't getting a Luke with a Jedi tag. Why not rework farming luke and make him a viable rebel and finally give us Jedi Luke. He has a light saber so why not give him a Jedi tag.

It looks like they are going for a hoth Luke. So he hasn't trained with yoda yet but obi still trained him a bit in anh. So he would be considered a padawan at this point?? We have Ashoka Tano and she's a padawan with a Jedi tag so come on devs give us CLS with rebel and Jedi tags. We don't need anymore rebels

You don't know if has a Jedi tag or not. We know he doesn't have abilities that are jedi specific, but he can have the tag.

CLS appears to not be a Jedi going by the screen grab on P1. Rebel and attacker are his tags

I agree, but it's still possible, albeit highly unlikely. I for one hope he doesn't.

This is like from Episode V, ESB. It's in VI, ROTJ, that Luke says, "I'm a Jedi. Like my father before me." There will be another Luke in the future.
  • My one question: can you copy "Call to Action?" Could ATF copy as an ally, or Yoda as an opponent? It says can't dispel or prevent, but nothing about copying... Hhhmmmm...
  • My one question: can you copy "Call to Action?" Could ATF copy as an ally, or Yoda as an opponent? It says can't dispel or prevent, but nothing about copying... Hhhmmmm...

They both say nonunique buffs. This would surely be a unique buff, like Bounty Hunter resolve.
  • Calx wrote: »
    Man, how on earth did the devs settle on this totally random collection of characters to unlock CLS?

Yes, how could they hint at "needs his younger self and his companions on his way to become cmdr Luke to get him" and not mean the Jawa who shocked R2, the Stormtrooper who shot his uncle and aunt, the scoundrel who wanted to shoot him another nose hole and the captain of the ship who chased him... Sorry, EA, that's totally unacceptable...
  • prime311 wrote: »

Thrawn isn't even at his most powerful in a dark side squad right now, and you have to have GK to get the most out of him. As someone else said, rex lead is totally dominating arena right now, mostly rex and chaze. Just look at the meta reports. Adding another extremely powerful rebel option is going to weaken both the zaul and zader teams that have been sliding down the ranks since chaze became farmable and r2 was released. I doubt what you say is true, but we'll find out soon enough. I run zaul and need serious luck to beat the rex chaze z2r2 teams on offense, and I'm pretty certain cls lead is only going to strengthen those already fairly dominant squads.
  • Noataq
    176 posts Member
    I hope a new meta forms, possibly with characters from the new hope reworks, but I wouldn't be surprised if CLS replaces Rex in "Threxus" to form the new meta (CLS, R2, DN, GK, Thrawn)
  • Noataq wrote: »
    I hope a new meta forms, possibly with characters from the new hope reworks, but I wouldn't be surprised if CLS replaces Rex in "Threxus" to form the new meta (CLS, R2, DN, GK, Thrawn)

That's my plan!

• DBane wrote: »
    What is wrong to have benifits for advanced players? They have to be kept busy and have to see progress otherwise ppl will leave this game. New players have enough good toons to farm in my opinion. No need for them to have #1 toons straight away

As a new player, I disagree.

Yes...we have a lot of good toons to farm...but the problem is, characters like CLS will lock us into farming specific toons to get the best toons. What good is it having 20 factions and over 100 characters if we are all funneled into everyone farming the same ones to get toons like CLS who are just outright more powerful than other toons? If you know none of the "good" toons you are farming early on are top tier, whats the point in farming the ones who won't unlock the top tier toons?

If they are going to keep doing this with top tier toons, I hope they are at least smart enough to lock future toons behind other characters and other factions. Lock Jedi Luke behind Jedi, a new Chewie behind Ewoks, Jango behind clones, etc...I'm really hoping the path to Jedi Luke doesn't turn into "Have you farmed 5 empire toons for R2 and then proceeded with your long list of rebel farming?"
  • kodias wrote: »
    People whining that they didn't have enough notice really have nothing to stand on. The heros journey was announced in May. When you think of Luke's journey who did he run into in anh? Leia, Han Solo/ sth, chewie, old Ben, r2, Biggs, and even wedge. It's not that hard to put that together.

I'd whine about it not because I won't be unlocking CLS this time around or that I care how much notice we had, probably 99.9% of my shard(only been playing a few months on a pretty new shard) won't be so me not having him isn't going to matter at all, but because the arena is already full of rebel squads and now we just got even more incentive to farm out rebel squads and another godly rebel as a reward for doing it.

I'm still fairly new to the game...and what have I seen over the last few weeks? An Ewok rework which made me think oh cool...Ewoks look fun, followed immediately by CLS release that makes me think Ewoks are a complete waste of time and resources I might as well just get on the CLS path.

Like I said I could care less I won't have CLS on the first go around, and I know if I wanted him bad enough I could have him by the next time he rolls around, but what is just a huge turn off for me is the sheer number of people that are all going to be farming the same characters so they can get CLS next go around...I'd simply rather see the devs do more to encourage squad diversity than to give us a push down a cookie cutter path.
  • He is definitely stronger than Lobot
  • He is definitely stronger than Lobot
    That remains to be seen
  • Mother-Of-God.jpg
  • zombiwan_kenobi
    427 posts Member
    edited August 2017

Thrawn isn't even at his most powerful in a dark side squad right now, and you have to have GK to get the most out of him. As someone else said, rex lead is totally dominating arena right now, mostly rex and chaze. Just look at the meta reports. Adding another extremely powerful rebel option is going to weaken both the zaul and zader teams that have been sliding down the ranks since chaze became farmable and r2 was released. I doubt what you say is true, but we'll find out soon enough. I run zaul and need serious luck to beat the rex chaze z2r2 teams on offense, and I'm pretty certain cls lead is only going to strengthen those already fairly dominant squads.

I only said Thrawn lead was quite common and truth is he is quite common, just like Wedge, Maul or QGJ, especially since he's a new legendary toon many players still don't have, or have maxed.

Now concerning who's dominating what i don't care much and i'll leave that to whoever bring that to this thread. ;)
  • Massov
    123 posts Member
    Seems Commander Luke will outclass Vader...

Not sure it goes like that in the movies
    DBane wrote: »
    What is wrong to have benifits for advanced players? They have to be kept busy and have to see progress otherwise ppl will leave this game. New players have enough good toons to farm in my opinion. No need for them to have #1 toons straight away

As a new player, I disagree.

Yes...we have a lot of good toons to farm...but the problem is, characters like CLS will lock us into farming specific toons to get the best toons. What good is it having 20 factions and over 100 characters if we are all funneled into everyone farming the same ones to get toons like CLS who are just outright more powerful than other toons? If you know none of the "good" toons you are farming early on are top tier, whats the point in farming the ones who won't unlock the top tier toons?

If they are going to keep doing this with top tier toons, I hope they are at least smart enough to lock future toons behind other characters and other factions. Lock Jedi Luke behind Jedi, a new Chewie behind Ewoks, Jango behind clones, etc...I'm really hoping the path to Jedi Luke doesn't turn into "Have you farmed 5 empire toons for R2 and then proceeded with your longlist of rebel farming?"

Your idea doesn't really work out though - older players usually have a much bigger advantage regardless of faction.

I am a casual launch player and have 7* jedi but can farm most characters at need (only need OB for this event and he is on his way).

Most of my guild have 7* clones, ewoks, Resistance, FO because they all have a use somewhere (except ewoks, they had their 5 seconds of possible meta before being outshone).

Just because an OP character exists doesn't mean a newbie should drop everything for them - if you threw everything into a 7* Phoenix team straight away for Thrawn then you would suffer later on. And Thrawn is the most OP character to date.
  • What mods to run on him
    Legion
  • is it really that tough for people to type...CLS and JKL...wow now that's mind blowing