Character Strategy: Han Solo

Replies

• Does anyone know how attacks that cant be evaded or resisted work with foresight? Trying to figure out if he can stun jedis as well that have foresight first turn. Also does the stun apply to first shot and second shot during that bonus turn?

It doesnt say anywhere that his Shoots First cant be evaded right? Only unresistable. Thought of that too lol

Pretty sure it does, under the description of the unique.
    Kissycat wrote: »
    Does anyone know how attacks that cant be evaded or resisted work with foresight? Trying to figure out if he can stun jedis as well that have foresight first turn. Also does the stun apply to first shot and second shot during that bonus turn?

It doesnt say anywhere that his Shoots First cant be evaded right? Only unresistable. Thought of that too lol

It's under the rework for his basic

Totally missed that, thanks!
    This is a signature.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Luke and Han being able to ignore taunts is really nice but i'm wondering how viable this will be on defense in arena. These two will shoot at anyone while others will desperately try to kill the tank. Will they be like the Resistance, still not much viable cause really bad on defense while being one of the most powerful team on offense ?
    Han only ignores taunt during that "shoot first" turn. Luke only ignores taunt when he has the Call to Action buff, so not all the time.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Thank you so much for these updates, nice reworks and actually can fight meta teams!
  • So Zeta Raid Han can remove 70% tm when using his basic for the 1st time that round v enemies with 85% or more (would only work once v enemies with between 50-84% tm as the 1st shot would reduce that down to less than 50%)?
    Also, am I right in saying that he would deal 150% and 100% damage (50% bonus) to enemies under 50% tm when using his basic?
    And when attacking enemies with 50-84% tm when using his basic, his 1st shot would remove 35% tm and then 2nd shot would deal 100% damage (50% bonus from attacking target under 50% tm)?
  • Pyrefly wrote: »
    Does anyone know how attacks that cant be evaded or resisted work with foresight? Trying to figure out if he can stun jedis as well that have foresight first turn. Also does the stun apply to first shot and second shot during that bonus turn?
    The text on the first page indicated that Han's basic attack cannot be evaded, and his unique states that the stun cannot be resisted. So the stun should apply regardless of foresight or tenacity up.

And since the stun cannot be evaded/resisted, does it matter if the second shot on the same target causes stun a second time?

If youre right about going through foresight then it does not matter but if forsight blocked then it would because the second shot could stun after first removes foresight.
    Luke and Han being able to ignore taunts is really nice but i'm wondering how viable this will be on defense in arena. These two will shoot at anyone while others will desperately try to kill the tank. Will they be like the Resistance, still not much viable cause really bad on defense while being one of the most powerful team on offense ?
    Han only ignores taunt during that "shoot first" turn. Luke only ignores taunt when he has the Call to Action buff, so not all the time.

Oh didn't see it, thanks.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    So Zeta Raid Han can remove 70% tm when using his basic for the 1st time that round v enemies with 85% or more (would only work once v enemies with between 50-84% tm as the 1st shot would reduce that down to less than 50%)?
    Also, am I right in saying that he would deal 150% and 100% damage (50% bonus) to enemies under 50% tm when using his basic?
    And when attacking enemies with 50-84% tm when using his basic, his 1st shot would remove 35% tm and then 2nd shot would deal 100% damage (50% bonus from attacking target under 50% tm)?
    That all sounds like concrete logic to me. Damage bonuses are usually additive rather than multiplicative, and each separate attack should be considered it's own basic, if he hits twice.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Thanks Pyrefly!:)
    The text on the first page indicated that Han's basic attack cannot be evaded, and his unique states that the stun cannot be resisted. So the stun should apply regardless of foresight or tenacity up.

And since the stun cannot be evaded/resisted, does it matter if the second shot on the same target causes stun a second time?

If youre right about going through foresight then it does not matter but if forsight blocked then it would because the second shot could stun after first removes foresight.

"Cannot be evaded" attacks do hit through foresight although they leave the foresight buff intact. However, since Han will be stunning the target, they will also be unable to evade any attack until they are no longer stunned, regardless of foresight.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    "the first time each turn Han uses his Basic attack he attacks again dealing 50% less damage"

"Each turn" means every ally (including Han) and enemy turn. "Han uses his Basic attack" is triggered when a player presses the button, when he counter attacks, or when he is called to assist.

Han can use his Basic on his turn, be called to Assist the next turn, and counter attack an enemy the following turn, and all of these uses of his Basic will trigger the bonus attack. The only limiter is that it can never happen more than once each (ally and enemy) turn.

So it's using the definition of "turn" that was used for Nute Gunray's leader ability before that leader ability was changed (to save the integrity of the raid)? I'm not trying to be snide about Nute/Jawas, just trying to get a good visualization of how it's going to work and that's the only mechanic similar to this that I can remember seeing. Any other mechanic that works the same way that can also show how this would work for a different comparison would be nice as well. @CG_Conduit23
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Question (may have been answered already). If he does turn meter removal to targets above 50% meter, and bonus damage to those below 50%. What if they have exactly 50%?
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »

So it's using the definition of "turn" that was used for Nute Gunray's leader ability before that leader ability was changed (to save the integrity of the raid)? I'm not trying to be snide about Nute/Jawas, just trying to get a good visualization of how it's going to work and that's the only mechanic similar to this that I can remember seeing. Any other mechanic that works the same way that can also show how this would work for a different comparison would be nice as well. @CG_Conduit23
    No, that's the thing. Nute's leader ability states that its bonus is offered once to each ally on their turn, not once per (generic) turn. Nute's leadership was actually bugged to offer the latter, rather than what was written.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Pyrefly wrote: »

No, that's the thing. Nute's leader ability states that its bonus is offered once to each ally on their turn, not once per (generic) turn. Nute's leadership was actually bugged to offer the latter, rather than what was written.

@Pyrefly It states "their turn" now, before it simply said once per turn. But I'm not trying to start a new conversation about what that was supposed to do, I'm asking about how that mechanic before it was changed is going to compare to Han Solo's new bonus attack because that was the closest thing I could think of that would compare to this.
  • Noataq
    176 posts Member
    Zombie961 wrote: »
    Question (may have been answered already). If he does turn meter removal to targets above 50% meter, and bonus damage to those below 50%. What if they have exactly 50%?

The game crashes, all content is wiped from your device.
  • Noataq wrote: »
    Zombie961 wrote: »

The game crashes, all content is wiped from your device.

Google/Apple store account is wiped from their servers, start again on new phone with level 1 clone sergeant and Jedi consular.
  • Trez
    7 posts Member
    Trez wrote: »
    I'm thoroughly disappointed in this. Chirrut/Baze, Wedge/Biggs, Cassian/K2. None of those duos are as iconic in the Star Wars universe as Chewie and Han yet Chewie and Han have zero synergies after both of them got updates. Pfft. Fail
    Clone Wars Chewie hasn't even met Han yet. And he didn't get a rework.
    I'm thoroughly disappointed in this. Chirrut/Baze, Wedge/Biggs, Cassian/K2. None of those duos are as iconic in the Star Wars universe as Chewie and Han yet Chewie and Han have zero synergies after both of them got updates. Pfft. Fail

Fair enough about it being clone wars Chewie. But yes, he did get an update. He has a zeta. It just wasn't part of this specific rework.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member

@Pyrefly It states "their turn" now, before it simply said once per turn. But I'm not trying to start a new conversation about what that was supposed to do, I'm asking about how that mechanic before it was changed is going to compare to Han Solo's new bonus attack because that was the closest thing I could think of that would compare to this.
    If you want a less value-laden comparison, a better one would be Chirrut's unique Resolute Endurance: "At the start of each turn, if Chirrut Imwe is alive, all allies with Heal Over Time recover 4% of their Max Health." That uses the same interpretation of "each turn" to include each ally and enemy turn.
  • I honestly think the raid characters should not have Zetas. They already take while to unlock and they should be great without them, like Kenobi currently is. It takes so long to get Zetas in the first place too.

Also, I don't like Zetas being a major part of some of these reworks. Not saying all great abilities are locked behind them but of you rework a toon it seems like a zeta shouldn't be the main thing making them "better", it should only add.

Again, not saying everyone is great because of a zeta but reworks shouldn't include them right away.
  • Precision
    8 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I honestly think the raid characters should not have Zetas. They already take while to unlock and they should be great without them, like Kenobi currently is. It takes so long to get Zetas in the first place too.

Also, I don't like Zetas being a major part of some of these reworks. Not saying all great abilities are locked behind them but of you rework a toon it seems like a zeta shouldn't be the main thing making them "better", it should only add.

Again, not saying everyone is great because of a zeta but reworks shouldn't include them right away.

Anyways I do think this is the best rework out of ANH characters. Very excited to use raid Han again.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Fair enough about it being clone wars Chewie. But yes, he did get an update. He has a zeta. It just wasn't part of this specific rework.
    Also fair enough, but a new synergy would really only come with a full rework/pass, as it would require new mechanics on (and thus testing of) more than one character. A lot of characters got token zetas when they were released. I wonder just how many CheZies are out there...
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member

If you want a less value-laden comparison, a better one would be Chirrut's unique Resolute Endurance: "At the start of each turn, if Chirrut Imwe is alive, all allies with Heal Over Time recover 4% of their Max Health." That uses the same interpretation of "each turn" to include each ally and enemy turn.

Yeah, but that doesn't have the ability to trigger more than once per turn, whereas bonus attacks and other attacks would potentially have the ability to occur more than once per turn depending on how many assists and bonus attacks are being called. But I guess that's a little closer to what we can expect from the rework...
  • Ender22 wrote: »
    Ender22 wrote: »
    Swordd wrote: »
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    I guess I am missing something. Lol! The stun and ignore taunt are great, not sure about the rest.

Anyone have any cliff notes of what I'm blind to?

50% damage boost on basic with the guaranteed second shot? Plus extra chance to inflict stun after his first attack.

So he's always attacking twice on his basic, or just one time per battle?

Only the first time he uses his basic

Nope. The first time he uses his basic each turn
    Which basically means that he won't double tap on counterattacks or assists.

He will double tap on counterattacks. Each turn includes opponents turns. It doesn't say until his next turn
    If they meant any turn instead of Han's turn, then there'd be absolutely no point to state it. They'd just say he always double-taps.

It's not any turn instead of Han's, it's any turn including Han's.

The reason for specification is against opponents that hit multiple times, like Rey. So against them, he would counterattack as many times as they hit him, but he'll only get 1 extra hit instead of as many extra hits that he counterattacks

This!
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    AeonWorm wrote: »
    I guess I am missing something. Lol! The stun and ignore taunt are great, not sure about the rest.

50% damage boost on basic with the guaranteed second shot? Plus extra chance to inflict stun after his first attack.

He will double tap on counterattacks. Each turn includes opponents turns. It doesn't say until his next turn
    If they meant any turn instead of Han's turn, then there'd be absolutely no point to state it. They'd just say he always double-taps.

The reason for specification is against opponents that hit multiple times, like Rey. So against them, he would counterattack as many times as they hit him, but he'll only get 1 extra hit instead of as many extra hits that he counterattacks

This!

Rey's Flurry of Blows only triggers 1 counter attack. I think Leia or Boba or Dooku would be more accurate depictions.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    AeonWorm wrote: »

This!

Rey's Flurry of Blows only triggers 1 counter attack. I think Leia or Boba or Dooku would be more accurate depictions.

Hmm, it's true, EA_Jesse noted this as a fixed bug back in March '17. So she only triggers 1 counterattack cool. Leia, Boba, or dooku then ^_^
  • Sounds really awesome
    Thanks for the rework
  • gg sith meta
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member

yes but only once a turn so assist attacks wont always deal damage twice
  • Y2J
    10 posts Member
    i still don't get the stun part, he stubs the target at the start of the encounter, can his basic stun again?

Cuz it says his special can stun too
  • Y2J wrote: »
    i still don't get the stun part, he stubs the target at the start of the encounter, can his basic stun again?

Cuz it says his special can stun too

You can stun a stunned toon.
  • I haven't read through the entire thread so forgive the redundancy (if applicable).

Does this relegate the pre-taunters or will this simply be same old/same old and the Stun will be cleansed one move later? I want to believe there's a workaround to the obscene Speed hurdles many of us face.