State of the Galaxy 8/7/2017 [Mega]

Prev13456717
Vampire_X
1435 posts Moderator
edited August 2017
CG_TopHat wrote: »
Hello Holotable Heroes!

Welcome back to another edition of the State of the Galaxy. In this installment we’re going to cover some of the rewards and intricacies of our next major release, featuring Territory Battles.

Territory Battles
As many of you may be aware, we are super excited to share our newest feature, Territory Battles! This is an epic, multi-phase battle, pitting the entire collection of characters and ships of every guild member against a progressively challenging, living battlefield.

Work collaboratively with your Guild to bring up to 7,500 units into battle. Participate in new gameplay like Platoon Missions, which unlock special abilities, such as the Ion Cannon, to turn the tide in your favor. Work together to grow your Guild and Collection to top the Leaderboards and show the world your true power!

We have more information coming soon that will introduce more of the gameplay details and strategies in Territory Battles.

New Characters and Special Missions
In our Road Ahead blog post, we said that there were going to be some new characters brought to the Holotable in Territory Battles. We’re happy to announce that Captain Han Solo, Rebel Officer Leia Organa, and, finally, Hermit Yoda will be making their way into Galaxy of Heroes.

Captain Han Solo is powerful Rebel healer and Rebel reviver. Rebel Officer Leia Organa is a devastating attacker, able to attack up to 10 times in a single turn! As for Hermit Yoda, his ability kit will remain shrouded in mystery, just like Yoda himself… for now. Captain Han Solo and Rebel Officer Leia Organa’s kits will be available this week for your review. We will let you know when we post them!

To unlock Rebel Officer Leia Organa, you’ll need to use Captain Han Solo to participate in a Special Mission in Territory Battles. Your Guild’s teamwork is key because for every Guild member that completes this Special Mission, the Guild as a whole will earn an additional Character shard of Rebel Officer Leia Organa.

For example, if 20 members out of the 30 participating in a particular Territory Battle successfully complete her Special Mission, all 30 will receive 20 shards of Rebel Officer Leia Organa. And if all 50 members in a maximum-sized Guild participate and complete her Special Mission, they’ll each earn 50 of her shards.

You’ll want to have these new, powerful Rebels at your command so that you can unlock another Special Mission, which accelerates the amount of Guild Event Tokens you earn. Guild Event Tokens can be spent on Hermit Yoda and other rewards in the brand new Guild Event Store.

Take note, there is also a Special Mission that Commander Luke Skywalker unlocks, which also further accelerates your Guild Event Tokens acquisition. Make sure to collect all of these heroes of the Rebellion to empower your roster!

Gear Level XII
Territory Battles also heralds the arrival of Gear Level XII. This new tier of Gear will bring a whole new level of Power to your units.

This time around, the increase in Gear Level will not be related to an increase in Character Level, but rather to Character Star Level. You will need Seven Star characters to use Gear Level XII; Gear Level XII can be purchased in the Guild Event Store. The new gear is a significant increase in the amount of Power from Gear Level XI and also increases your overall Galactic Power with each piece.

One other note about Territory Battle rewards is that every Guild member is important to earning the best rewards and all Guild Members earn equal rewards. Fight as a team, earn as a team.

This is just a preview of what to expect with Territory Battles. There is so much more to share regarding gameplay, details, and strategies! We can’t wait for you to get your hands on it!

Please keep your eyes on the forums in the coming weeks for more information. See you on the Holotables!

CG_TopHat
Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• Epic
  • Wow. Gear lvl locked beyond the star level. That is something community was asking in some sense. But as it it it will make toons like shore or baze unusable at 3-6*. Not sure is it good or bad.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Holy shnike...
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Lossberg wrote: »
    Wow. Gear lvl locked beyond the star level. That is something community was asking in some sense. But as it it it will make toons like shore or baze unusable at 3-6*. Not sure is it good or bad.

It's good for players who like there to be differences between top 50 but kind of bad for FTP who generally want things as equal as possible to maximize potential rewards. Kinda up in the air I'd say.
  • so if we need Captain Han Solo to get Rebel Officer Leia Organa, but how do we get Captain Han Solo?
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Date plz
  • Nice, exciting stuff in the near future to look forward too!

However, I wonder how we are getting Captain Solo for unlocking Leia; and even more so, if they, Hermit Yoda, R2, and or/ possibly Lando will be needed to unlock Jedi Knight Luke, not even considering CLS.

While it is exciting to feature these new heroes too for territory battles, it is worrisome for newer players who may not have a chance at getting someone like Commander Luke due to the steep requirements to get him, despite how accessible all the characters to unlocking him are compared to others.

I hope we see R2 and the Commander Luke event again in a short time after their occurrence this month; so all the players can have another chance to contribute in a big way to their guild and get a leg up on unlocking these new characters! Either way, nice stuff to look foward to!
  • How is Captain Solo unlocked I wonder? Marquee?
  • Any word on the gear wall? Will it be easier to get the average character to gear 10, or will that still be a thing?
  • DBane
    56 posts Member
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    CG_TopHat wrote: »
    The new gear is a significant increase in the amount of Power from Gear Level XI and also increases your overall Galactic Power with each piece.

oh god please no :cry:
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Totally called it:
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    Omeah wrote: »
    Plus if we get Hoth Leia and Hoth Han (those are the characters' in-game names), then why wouldn't they call him Hoth Luke? The character's name is Commander Luke, so I don't believe it will be a Hoth version.
    What makes you sure that their final names are going to be "Hoth Han" and "Hoth Leia"?
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • TofuMao
    630 posts Member
    Lossberg wrote: »
    Wow. Gear lvl locked beyond the star level. That is something community was asking in some sense. But as it it it will make toons like shore or baze unusable at 3-6*. Not sure is it good or bad.
    Not unusable but weaker, won't have that edge over the others unless they are 7*, shame for my nihilus, shore, sat on them at 6* forever
  • Do you think you guys could release more characters under the rebel tag? I don't think there is enough in the catch all.
  • Hermit Yoda!!!!!!!!
  • Aarcher
    138 posts Member
    Nice to share rewards equally, but going to make the composition of guilds more cut-throat, not more inclusive
    942-122-371
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Any new Empire heroes coming from the hoth battles?

And I love that g12 is locked behind star level. Finally a true incentive to play with fully promoted heroes.
  • Amazing update. Looking forward to it
  • Hitch87 wrote: »
    Do you think you guys could release more characters under the rebel tag? I don't think there is enough in the catch all.

U will be surprise what will come next month.

Hint: It's launching of rebels season 4 ;)
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Great update. Feel like the game is looking up again!
  • K_mett1
    299 posts Member
    Yes yes yes!

ROLO's (lol I like that name) attacks sound amazing and I hope her kit is awesome!

Also the G12 lock until that specific toon is 7* sounds...helpful...I guess that's the word. It still wouldn't effect the toons that are already powerful without stars, looking at Baze. Gotta see how this will workout.
  • Hermit Yoda, so epic!
  • SeeeD
    141 posts Member
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    Date plz

22.-26.8.2017
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    How is Captain Solo unlocked I wonder? Marquee?

I'm guessing the guild event shop.
  • Jamesm wrote: »
    How is Captain Solo unlocked I wonder? Marquee?

I'm guessing the guild event shop.

Guild Event Tokens can be spent on Hermit Yoda
    ^they state Yoda but not Solo
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Yeah I am interested to know how to get hot Han other than that great update
  • Cuzzins
    345 posts Member
    I hope theres some good stuff for officers/leaders to be able to track participation and stuff. No point making this an everyone working together thing if we can't effectively see who is doing what, and more importantly, who isn't. At this point we can't even track daily raid tickets, hoping that gets fixed alone with some TB specific stats too.
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    ALright i am all for more Yoda but lord make lower lvl gear needed to get to g9, g10 easier to get.
  • WR4TH0R
    170 posts Member
    Nice but it's still a carrot on a stick, can we get some sort of timeline @CG_TopHat
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    K_mett1 wrote: »
    Yes yes yes!

ROLO's (lol I like that name) attacks sound amazing and I hope her kit is awesome!

Also the G12 lock until that specific toon is 7* sounds...helpful...I guess that's the word. It still wouldn't effect the toons that are already powerful without stars, looking at Baze. Gotta see how this will workout.

I know what I'm looking forward to!
    w2hd7aw8hwtc.png
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Cuzzins wrote: »
    I hope theres some good stuff for officers/leaders to be able to track participation and stuff. No point making this an everyone working together thing if we can't effectively see who is doing what, and more importantly, who isn't. At this point we can't even track daily raid tickets, hoping that gets fixed alone with some TB specific stats too.

This +1000.