State of the Galaxy 8/7/2017 [Mega]

Replies

• I just wanted to say thanks to the community over the last several months the community took this aimless player who spent on stupid things to some one who is making progress with direction and even though I get no Luke with your help I've gotten thrawn and Yoda Luke will come back palp and r2 so life is ok
  • I find it not-at-all-amusing what the Devs choose to reply to here (fluffy feelgoods) and what they choose to leave unanswered (valid concerns).

As I stated, I'm fairly excited about the new content to come...but I also have some weight in the lower half of my guild which I don't know if we'll be able to keep in order to let the top half of the guild maximize their play.

This not-at-all-invalid concern is clearly echoed by others here...but a pleasant GIF gets a shoutout from the team.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Lossberg wrote: »
    Wow. Gear lvl locked beyond the star level. That is something community was asking in some sense. But as it it it will make toons like shore or baze unusable at 3-6*. Not sure is it good or bad.

They said gear XII will be tied to star level not all of the gear levels.

Well This time around, the increase in Gear Level will not be related to an increase in Character Level, but rather to Character Star Level. You will need Seven Star characters to use Gear Level XII; Gear Level XII can be purchased in the Guild Event Store. The new gear is a significant increase in the amount of Power from Gear Level XI and also increases your overall Galactic Power with each piece.

So unless they come out and say that all gear levels are now tied to star level it is safe to say you will still be able to use all toons at 3-6* and be gear XI.
  • Galaxy of Exponentially Moving the Goalpost
  • I find it not-at-all-amusing what the Devs choose to reply to here (fluffy feelgoods) and what they choose to leave unanswered (valid concerns).

As I stated, I'm fairly excited about the new content to come...but I also have some weight in the lower half of my guild which I don't know if we'll be able to keep in order to let the top half of the guild maximize their play.

This not-at-all-invalid concern is clearly echoed by others here...but a pleasant GIF gets a shoutout from the team.

Can't remember which post it was on but they've already said in a previous post that they expect territory battles to lead to guild shake ups.

Some guilds might find themselves behind in territory battles due to just chasing folks to put in their 600 since HAAT was on farm.
  • CamaroAMF wrote: »
    Can't remember which post it was on but they've already said in a previous post that they expect territory battles to lead to guild shake ups.

Some guilds might find themselves behind in territory battles due to just chasing folks to put in their 600 since HAAT was on farm.

I must have missed that; I appreciate you sharing the information. Still would be nice to see it in the Megathread which they are clearly monitoring...but I suppose a word-of-mouth-answer is as close to an official answer as I'm likely to get.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Galaxy of Exponentially Moving the Goalpost

Better than a stagnant game
  • Where is a real version of Chewbacca!!???! Seriously 3 versions of Han, and each of them could have Chewbacca synergy. Nothing from TFA either. What a serious miss EA. Major player in the OG trilogy and only his cameo prequel version is included. Time to fix this.
  • What effect will Gear 12 have on ships? Will they get further upgrades for current abilities or will it just give them a small power boost?
  • Does the divide between the Haves and the Have Nots just get even larger?

Will anyone at CG even answer this question?
    That's not a question CG can answer. That will come down to the players alone. In my guild we run Hpit and NAAT, and I can barely do anything in them as it is but it didn't stop them from accepting me either way. There are a number of people in the guild who are HAAT ready who might very well want to start farming GK, but they haven't left yet, so I don't see why they would jump ship because of territory battles. This will come down to people, not game mechanics.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    landscape-1445262691-970.jpg?resize=480:*

Some supah sweet sneak peek screenies have been added to @CG_TopHat 's State of the Galaxy post, thanks to @CG_GAWS! Go give the announcement a refresh
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Atdaniell wrote: »
    [That's not a question CG can answer. That will come down to the players alone. In my guild we run Hpit and NAAT, and I can barely do anything in them as it is but it didn't stop them from accepting me either way. There are a number of people in the guild who are HAAT ready who might very well want to start farming GK, but they haven't left yet, so I don't see why they would jump ship because of territory battles. This will come down to people, not game mechanics.

With respect...you don't think it's a question that CG can answer, because you're focused on the tongue-in-cheek-sarcastic quip at the end of my post.

They can certainly address the rest of it, as it pretty well embodies what a good chunk of other people across the last 4 pages have been saying.
  • Ravifer
    52 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Are you guys gonna fix the crashing problem some of us experience before releasing this update? Wouldnt really be nice to miss on some battles because of this...
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Atdaniell wrote: »
    That's not a question CG can answer. That will come down to the players alone. In my guild we run Hpit and NAAT, and I can barely do anything in them as it is but it didn't stop them from accepting me either way. There are a number of people in the guild who are HAAT ready who might very well want to start farming GK, but they haven't left yet, so I don't see why they would jump ship because of territory battles. This will come down to people, not game mechanics.

Let me help you by quoting the one part they can hone in on after my setup exposition.

"What does this mean for Territory Battles, though? How much of a detrimental impact will this have if every member is not giving 110% with a full, geared, developed roster?"

You really think there's nothing there for them to address, or even say...we hear you and we're going to examine this? There's nothing in there about how much under-rostered players will weigh down a guild you don't think they can touch on if they wanted to?
  • Muaddib wrote: »
    Waez wrote: »
    Concerning for F2P.
    All the events lately have been tuned to extract cash from whales and dolphins (Thrawn late announcement, CLS's late and unforgiving requirements...)

This update only cements the fact that the game is taking a money-oriented turn, again.

TB will be easy for whales, and will encourage them to band together, and of course they will influence themselves and spend more.
    Everyone will now NEED a large roster, or you will be considered a weight for your guild.

The new toons will probably be meta breaking, and the whales will take the Arena back.

G12 is the same thing, and tying it to 7* is a direct insult to players.
    You can't say "We're doing marquee events to let everyone everyone use the characters" and then say "Ho but you'll need 7* to be competitive in Arena because G12 needs stars."

ESPECIALLY NOT WHEN SOME CHARACTERS ARE STILL IN 1 HARD NODE ONLY.

If you want to increase star requirements (CLS's event, G12...), you NEED to help us getting those shards decently fast.

I guess the executives realized the game wasn't making as much money as it could, and pushed for more requirements.
    Be careful though. This is a double-edged knife, and you might end up cutting yourself and losing a bunch of players, both actual and potential.

As a (mostly) F2Player, I could not disagree with your assessment more.
    I have a very diverse pool of toons, and look forward to the opportunity to use them all. I could have gotten Thrawn at 7*, but goofed up my Hera farm, but it was totally doable. The CLS requirements are VERY F2P friendly as well.
    Areana for Whales... well yeah man, they can pay for every advantage and that shouldn't surprised or shock any of us.

But more than anything else... I wanted 7*to MEAN something (especially because of the hard farms you mention), and locking g12 behind that is PERFECT imo.

Perfectly said!
  • Calbear949 wrote: »

Credit crunch is under discussed.

What would the point be of even having credits or money in the game if it were a completely plentiful resource you never had to worry about? Money is supposed to be a limiting factor in many games. And it's not like raid gear where you either need a good guild to get it or pay real money to get it. Seriously, credits would be a joke if you never worried about the amount you have.
  • Oh me oh my...that graphic layout for the territory battles looks titulating.
  • landscape-1445262691-970.jpg?resize=480:*

Some supah sweet sneak peek screenies have been added to @CG_TopHat 's State of the Galaxy post, thanks to @CG_GAWS! Go give the announcement a refresh

1zank4zcihx2.png
    Over 60M Guild GP! Lol, what a bunch of whales. What concerns me here is that this mega-whale guild only got 2 stars on each half of what appears to be Phase 2. What hope do mere mortals have?
    :D
  • landscape-1445262691-970.jpg?resize=480:*

1zank4zcihx2.png
    Over 60M Guild GP! Lol, what a bunch of whales. What concerns me here is that this mega-whale guild only got 2 stars on each half of what appears to be Phase 2. What hope do mere mortals have?

I'm more worried about the timer, 8m 38s to complete at least another 10, possibly 12 battles? The loading screens on this game for that many battles would use up more time.
  • Context on that timer. We don't know what it started out as.
  • DarthTaral
    362 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    landscape-1445262691-970.jpg?resize=480:*

1zank4zcihx2.png
    None we were mortals are in for a very very ruff ride with no oil to ease the pain.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    We also don't know that those 2 stars weren't the result of a purposeful showing of possibilities
    [That's not a question CG can answer. That will come down to the players alone. In my guild we run Hpit and NAAT, and I can barely do anything in them as it is but it didn't stop them from accepting me either way. There are a number of people in the guild who are HAAT ready who might very well want to start farming GK, but they haven't left yet, so I don't see why they would jump ship because of territory battles. This will come down to people, not game mechanics.

With respect...you don't think it's a question that CG can answer, because you're focused on the tongue-in-cheek-sarcastic quip at the end of my post.

They can certainly address the rest of it, as it pretty well embodies what a good chunk of other people across the last 4 pages have been saying.

I was responding to your entire post, not just the ending. I definitely hear your concerns and agree that some guilds will fracture just like you said. The higher ups will want to push for more people like them at the expense of those lower down.

But my guild is much like what you described. A couple strong people who carry the raids and everyone else who just does the best they can. I'm not worried whatsoever about my guild falling apart because we're not solely trying to be the absolute best we can be. Our only guild requirement is to get your 600. Myself and others are the people you're talking about who would be in danger of being cut if the guild decided to get super competitive. But what I'm saying is with a good guild that is mostly concerned with participation and effort it won't be a problem.
  • I'm not worried overmuch. Raids have timers. Why not this.

The only thing that concerns me is the as-yet-unaddressed potential problem of how what any individual member bringing to the table has can impact the greater whole.

Initially the leaks had our guild speculating there might be the possibility of assigning roles based on strengths. I have this, so I can handle that. You have that, so you can handle this....and so on. Every member can contribute based on what they have.

This new info seems to paint a wholly different picture.
  • Looks like we get to fight an AT-AT in Phase 4. Nice.
  • @MadMalgusReturns Applause on that gif waterfall, sir.
    giphy.gif
    But what I'm saying is with a good guild that is mostly concerned with participation and effort it won't be a problem.

I hear you, I do...and I appreciate your engagement with me on this. I very much hope that you are correct; all I'm asking for is official confirmation of this.

They said, and I'll use this as just one example, that Commander Luke will unlock a special mission. What's it do? Who bloody knows, but odds are good that it pushes the guild forward in some way...be it by way of shard, currency or gear rewards or extra GP.

My guild has some lower members who won't be able to get Luke, as they are newer and don't have all the OT toons geared and such that longer members like myself have had sidelined for months. There's a real fear they'll miss out, and that's even BEFORE this info today.

But they accept it, because that's the way of it. Same as with R2, Yoda, Palpatine...get him on the next try...and you know what, that was all well and good because it didn't impact anyone but the individual. This though, may very well impact the whole bloody guild.

Commander Luke is just one example because it's the only one they gave to us...but do you really think that where there's one walled-off feature due to a character, there won't be more? They already telegraphed this weeks ago with the Hoth Soldier (or was it Scout?) being mandatory on that one mission that was leaked.

All we're looking for is reassurance that this won't completely cripple guilds with members who don't have all there is to have.

I'm happy you're fine with that, and that your guild is awesome enough to weather the storm and leave no man behind. There will be plenty more who are going to struggle with this decision what direction to take themselves and recruit as going forward...and it's not right or fair to the ones who just came here to have a good time and not struggle with decisions like this. And those who will find themselves suddenly cast out of guilds they were making progress in because they weren't moving fast enough?

Will find their progress halted unless they find a good guild like yours who doesn't care.

Do you think that's right?
  • @CG_Kozispoon How to obtain Captain Han Solo?
    But what I'm saying is with a good guild that is mostly concerned with participation and effort it won't be a problem.

I hear you, I do...and I appreciate your engagement with me on this. I very much hope that you are correct; all I'm asking for is official confirmation of this.

They said, and I'll use this as just one example, that Commander Luke will unlock a special mission. What's it do? Who bloody knows, but odds are good that it pushes the guild forward in some way...be it by way of shard, currency or gear rewards or extra GP.

My guild has some lower members who won't be able to get Luke, as they are newer and don't have all the OT toons geared and such that longer members like myself have had sidelined for months. There's a real fear they'll miss out, and that's even BEFORE this info today.

But they accept it, because that's the way of it. Same as with R2, Yoda, Palpatine...get him on the next try...and you know what, that was all well and good because it didn't impact anyone but the individual. This though, may very well impact the whole bloody guild.

Commander Luke is just one example because it's the only one they gave to us...but do you really think that where there's one walled-off feature due to a character, there won't be more? They already telegraphed this weeks ago with the Hoth Soldier (or was it Scout?) being mandatory on that one mission that was leaked.

All we're looking for is reassurance that this won't completely cripple guilds with members who don't have all there is to have.

I'm happy you're fine with that, and that your guild is awesome enough to weather the storm and leave no man behind. There will be plenty more who are going to struggle with this decision what direction to take themselves and recruit as going forward...and it's not right or fair to the ones who just came here to have a good time and not struggle with decisions like this. And those who will find themselves suddenly cast out of guilds they were making progress in because they weren't moving fast enough?

Will find their progress halted unless they find a good guild like yours who doesn't care.

Do you think that's right?

Well if some people are here just for a good time then they may not mesh well with the die hard players. Some people want to move forward and struggle with this decision because that's how they enjoy the game. If you don't want to break up your guild then don't. If it's necessary for you and a majority of your guild to move on then that's a discussion you should have. You don't have to stop talking to people if they leave your guild