Stop freaking out about CLS

Replies

• JaggedJ wrote: »
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    I'll take a pass on Luke too, almost the entire forum disliked Thrawn's requirements when they were announced but they are more reasonable than Commander Luke's
    edit: I would still get Luke over mods but not this time since I'm just lacking so many shards

Phoenix squad become farmable right when Thrawn was released with packs the only previous option. How is that more reasonable than characters who have been in the game for ages? R2 is the only one that's pretty harsh due to his limited availability.

Also, Luke's Hero's Journey was announced months ago. How can SW fans not know that it's highly likely to include Old Ben, Han, Leia etc? I didn't see the requirements as a surprise at all other than R2 which as I said already was pretty harsh.

Except you need them all at 7*, including R2.
    Except Leia and StH, the other accessible ones are trash.
    1...2...3! You're dead!
  • I don't care for this, just gonna wait till next time, and get Luke rolling
    1...2...3! You're dead!
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    I'll take a pass on Luke too, almost the entire forum disliked Thrawn's requirements when they were announced but they are more reasonable than Commander Luke's
    edit: I would still get Luke over mods but not this time since I'm just lacking so many shards

Phoenix squad become farmable right when Thrawn was released with packs the only previous option. How is that more reasonable than characters who have been in the game for ages? R2 is the only one that's pretty harsh due to his limited availability.

Also, Luke's Hero's Journey was announced months ago. How can SW fans not know that it's highly likely to include Old Ben, Han, Leia etc? I didn't see the requirements as a surprise at all other than R2 which as I said already was pretty harsh.

As I said, R2 is the harsh one.

The rest not so much.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited August 2017

It's the star requirement, because Luke takes 7 stars he needs at least 2970 shards to be unlocked compared to Thrawn at 725, not counting the free Pheonix events. I would be set for six stars but with only seven days to get seven star empire and no double drops that is a big difference
  • I'm going to have to wait until next time too. My old Ben Leia and R2 are not up to par. I started in February. I didn't expect R2 to come back so soon. It's best probably to stick with one thing. So many characters it's a bit hard to keep up. I'm sure something will come along get reworked and challenge Commander Luke. Imo if we keep chasing the meta we will be left behind. Too early to tell if the Rex lead will get dethroned. Maybe Vader will get reworked not that CLS is coming out.
  • I can't even get R2 to six stars. Don't have my RG to 6* yet. This game changes so much. No sense in stressing over it. It's a game.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited August 2017

Yeah, but you can panic farm all the Phoenix squad with a swipe of your Visa or with wisely saved in-game resources.

CL requires heroes (leia, st han) that can't be solved with panic farming at the moment, unless you hoarded arena tokens I guess.
  • Neo2551 wrote: »
    Rex lead is only good when you have poor mods.

Yeah Rex has been terrible. Being top 5 for the last thirteen plus months, guaranteed first during the droids era, has been hell. He was miserable when he killed Zaul with Fozt. Hated it. Worst ever.

• Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Or people can do whatever the hell they want...i just need shards at this point to have a shot at CLS. I have r2, leia, sth all at g10 7*, old ben and luke at g9 but only 6* and 5*. I farmed mods instead of old ben and luke for about a month and ended up with ****, if i had used that month for those two i would be golden. I will take what really good mods i have, toss them on all 5 and hope its enough.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member

It's the star requirement, because Luke takes 7 stars he needs at least 2970 shards to be unlocked compared to Thrawn at 725, not counting the free Pheonix events. I would be set for six stars but with only seven days to get seven star empire and no double drops that is a big difference

How many times have I already said including R2 was harsh?

The rest not a lot of sympathy. Sorry, but anyone who thought Luke's journey wouldn't include Leia, Old Ben and STH is kidding themselves. Luke's Journey was announced months ago.

Yes it would have been nice to have the knowledge earlier, but when has that ever been a reality?
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Playing almost 2 years = complains about not having old ben

Playing about a year = complains about not having old ben, st han, leia

Around 8 months = complains about above and Empire/R2 requirements

4-6 months = consumed by hate and goes full on dark side on forum

3 months or less = sad R2

bpr5q.gif

• I would've been in a perfect situation if they chose Biggs as requirement instead of St. Han or at least gave the option to use one or the other. I hate St. Han even more now that I have to farm him. I never wanted his filth in my roster.
  • I'm a December 18 shard player I'm not sad I have other things I'm trying to do to proceed better empire 7 star team a good resistance team Jedi to seven star and Phoenix squad now some cross over I will get old Ben to seven star Phoenix are all sick now working on snow magma for empire I'm just going to get him the second time just like Yoda palps and r2
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Neo2551 wrote: »

Yeah Rex has been terrible. Being top 5 for the last thirteen plus months, guaranteed first during the droids era, has been hell. He was miserable when he killed Zaul with Fozt. Hated it. Worst ever.

https://youtu.be/vW1NwpakFyc

Also, let's mention Jedi who just auto Rex, or Zader, or DN?

The rest not a lot of sympathy. Sorry, but anyone who thought Luke's journey wouldn't include Leia, Old Ben and STH is kidding themselves. Luke's Journey was announced months ago.

Yes it would have been nice to have the knowledge earlier, but when has that ever been a reality?

Hind sight being 20/20 you are correct and having played for over 2 years I am guilty as hell of not farming Old Ben and now having to scramble to try and correct that error. I didn't cry when I missed the Yoda wagon the 1st time it came around for me. I didn't cry when I missed the Palpatine train the 1st time either. Thrawn, however, really **** me off as I had not invested anything in Phoenix squads because I had other priorities and had put that on the back burner. I managed to unlock him but didn't stress on trying to go full tilt on the Phoenix band wagon to get him up to 7 star. This event I think will be the same for me. I'm going to try and be ready for it but if I miss the mark then that will be the card I was dealt.
    SWGOH Guild: Peace Is A Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • I would've been in a perfect situation if they chose Biggs as requirement instead of St. Han or at least gave the option to use one or the other. I hate St. Han even more now that I have to farm him. I never wanted his filth in my roster.

You underestimate the value of STH. In a game that relies on speed and turn meter manipulation, STH is one of the better toons at doing that. Is he awesome in every phase of the game? Na. But he's nowhere near trash. (waves hand) You WILL respect STH's contribution to the game.
  • I'm a December 18 shard player I'm not sad I have other things I'm trying to do to proceed better empire 7 star team a good resistance team Jedi to seven star and Phoenix squad now some cross over I will get old Ben to seven star Phoenix are all sick now working on snow magma for empire I'm just going to get him the second time just like Yoda palps and r2
    How are things in the future? Obviously, you invented a time machine. ;)

• Allenb60
    2171 posts Member

Twice but it isn't so bad, I just don't seven star all my characters, it's never been a requirement before for anything other than raids but even then six stars is usable too. Kind of hard to adjust all of the sudden
    No need to be sorry
    It shouldn't need to be, but I guess it isn't since making money is the goal

They're trash until you need them to unlock the most op toon. Luke is the only one who didnt serve a purpose. Ben was great lead against yoda for me. Regardless of how good they are to you they've all been good at some point in the games history and have readily been available for quite some time except for r2 who is pretty darn easy to get. Empire is a solid faction with many useable toons so not farfetched that a lot had them 7 star already. This list of toons is parsecs easier than thrawn at time of release of the event
  • If it had been a "unlock at 5 stars" issue, I'd be fine. Hell, I could probably do 6 stars. But since I dunno when I'd ever get my Empire guys jacked out enough to get a 7 Star R2, I'm not going to stress it. I know I'm not getting Raid Han or General Kenobi. Sometimes, if you make things too much a of a pain in the butt to get-people just decide forget it.
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    EricsonX wrote: »
    If it had been a "unlock at 5 stars" issue, I'd be fine. Hell, I could probably do 6 stars. But since I dunno when I'd ever get my Empire guys jacked out enough to get a 7 Star R2, I'm not going to stress it. I know I'm not getting Raid Han or General Kenobi. Sometimes, if you make things too much a of a pain in the butt to get-people just decide forget it.

Hopefully most of the people in your arena shard are in the same boat as you.

Commander Luke has the potential to be meta changing so not having him when everyone else does would be pretty stinky.
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    Neo2551 wrote: »

Not true at all. Rex allows people with poor mods to compete better but the majority of the best teams on any given shard are Rex leads with very strong mods. One of the reasons is that if you can mod your rex as the fastest toon on the field, your entire team is going first as a general rule of thumb.

• EricsonX wrote: »
    If it had been a "unlock at 5 stars" issue, I'd be fine. Hell, I could probably do 6 stars. But since I dunno when I'd ever get my Empire guys jacked out enough to get a 7 Star R2, I'm not going to stress it. I know I'm not getting Raid Han or General Kenobi. Sometimes, if you make things too much a of a pain in the butt to get-people just decide forget it.

That's exactly the point. If you can't get Raid Han or GK, you aren't far enough in the game to get CL. New/weak players shouldn't have access to end game characters.
  • Uklem
    46 posts Member

That's exactly the point. If you can't get Raid Han or GK, you aren't far enough in the game to get CL. New/weak players shouldn't have access to end game characters.

You know that Han or GK are possible without OB or R2?
    The fact there are End Game character in this game is the problem! Everyone is so accepting of OP character that now they think they are entitled one! Jedi in SWG should have taught everyone that Alpha Class/character/Ability are not a good thing.
  • Muaddib wrote: »
    I would've been in a perfect situation if they chose Biggs as requirement instead of St. Han or at least gave the option to use one or the other. I hate St. Han even more now that I have to farm him. I never wanted his filth in my roster.

You underestimate the value of STH. In a game that relies on speed and turn meter manipulation, STH is one of the better toons at doing that. Is he awesome in every phase of the game? Na. But he's nowhere near trash. (waves hand) You WILL respect STH's contribution to the game.

I will probably love him once I finally build him up.
  • Uklem wrote: »

The fact there are End Game character in this game is the problem! Everyone is so accepting of OP character that now they think they are entitled one! Jedi in SWG should have taught everyone that Alpha Class/character/Ability are not a good thing.

You're not following my point very well... If you're having trouble obtaining raid characters (characters released long ago), you shouldn't expect to get recently released characters. I didn't think I had to specifically state there are different requirements to obtain each as it's common knowledge...

You also sound like a "have not" and therefore other people shouldn't get what I can't.
  • Uklem wrote: »

Where did he say they were required?
    Uklem wrote: »

You're not following my point very well... If you're having trouble obtaining raid characters (characters released long ago), you shouldn't expect to get recently released characters. I didn't think I had to specifically state there are different requirements to obtain each as it's common knowledge...

You also sound like a "have not" and therefore other people shouldn't get what I can't.

I may not get him based on gear levels, and I ran out of training droids lol, but I'll have the stars. I saved up for this event after seeing how the thrawn event could've been. I don't understand why folks think all new stuff should be accessible for moderate players. They've got enough to do. If youre impatient than find a different game.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

.... and I ran out of training droids lol.....

wait, what?!
    Save water, drink champagne!
This discussion has been closed.