How to counter CLS in Arena?

Hey guys...

Since many players will probably miss unlocking CLS, the question for me is: How can those counter CLS, who are not able to unlock him. I believe, that Rex is pretty much done and that opens other strategies, which are not viable at this moment because of Rex.

My first thoughts are, that tenacity up may evolve into a disadvantage, so Rex, Chirrut and even Yoda may have a hard time incoming. It seems logical to me, that future arena teams may renounce this mechanic.

One of the other strengths CLS offers is his 50% Counter chance.

The missing of tenacity up and the fact, that Rex will (hopefully) not be used that often, leads me to the following team:

-Darth Zader Lead
-Sith Assasin
-Darth Maul
-Darth Nihilus
-Palp / Zavage / Zylo

The strategie is, that Sith Assasin is the fastest, feeds Maul turnmeter to 100%, Maul applies daze, Zader places his debuffs, finally Nihilus reduces cooldowns.

Due to the lack of most of the cleansers this could be a very devastating team.

Meanings?

Replies

• Possibly DT in that 5th spot. He loves rebels. I run empire, so I'm gearing mine anyways.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    My zMaul team that ive still been using since he was the meta is going to be a lot more viable (daze, stealth, no tenacity up, double damage by maul against cls and old ben). The main vulnerability would be raid han stunning sith assassin.
  • Krennic and dt is a good start....unfortunately dk is a loooong farm
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    My zMaul team that ive still been using since he was the meta is going to be a lot more viable (daze, stealth, no tenacity up, double damage by maul against cls and old ben). The main vulnerability would be raid han stunning sith assassin.

Like isn't a jedi
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Tenacity up isn't a weakness if you consider Yodas lead. 30% TM gain every time a Jedi ally resists a debuff. So when a CLS lead team gains 5% TM per debuff missing, Jedi will gain 30% (granted OB would cause the Rebels to gain a bit more).

Any team with Zariss for her heal on crit and cleanse.
    B2 to remove all the buffs from the rebels

There's loads more
  • I like the idea of this thread and I hope people have a discussion. I'm on an old shard though and most folks can field several near-maxed teams across heroic tank, arena etc... so, if they are like me, they will have a Rex team to roll out whenever they want. Your point though is when they are in bed, how do you knock them off the top spot if they are leading with CLS and I am sure your team would do great. I default to GK, Zarriss, Zylo, Zrawn and Zihilus if I have to fight anything sticky and if I want to have a chance of staying in the top 10 overnight I leave that in there. There's just so much health, defence and prot regen there that I don't think CLS will make me change it as a go-to sticky remover team.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Zaul should do rather well. I can also see thrawn performing well due to the debuffs ANH will be tossing around. And, believe it or not, ewoks.
  • Don´t count your chickens before they are hatched. josefine-englisch.png
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Thrawn lead since New Hope rebels like to apply debuff that will feed Thrawn led teams. Also DT (double tap, daze and stun), Zeb, Teebo's led teams since they cannot counter when stealthed ...
  • -dt, dk, bariss, gk, b2. Although if b2 doesnt apply those debuffs, lookout, plus the counters...ouch. maybe not b2.
  • Hey guys...

Since many players will probably miss unlocking CLS, the question for me is: How can those counter CLS, who are not able to unlock him. I believe, that Rex is pretty much done and that opens other strategies, which are not viable at this moment because of Rex.

My first thoughts are, that tenacity up may evolve into a disadvantage, so Rex, Chirrut and even Yoda may have a hard time incoming. It seems logical to me, that future arena teams may renounce this mechanic.

The missing of tenacity up and the fact, that Rex will (hopefully) not be used that often, leads me to the following team:

-Darth Zader Lead
    -Sith Assasin
    -Darth Maul
    -Darth Nihilus
    -Palp / Zavage / Zylo

The strategie is, that Sith Assasin is the fastest, feeds Maul turnmeter to 100%, Maul applies daze, Zader places his debuffs, finally Nihilus reduces cooldowns.

Meanings?

I don't think such rebel team will help much against Siths so we won't see a new rebel meta soon but Luke could be really annoying with such a strong Sith start.

Remember Luke has 100% counter chance, 100% more defense and 100% more tenacity on the first round. You'll make him play extremelly fast since he's getting TM when others are hit, you won't apply anything on him and upon each AoE he'll retaliate and thus apply speed and defense down on each of your Sith.
    Plus he'll heal himself each time he'll resist your Siths debuffs, good luck with that !

On your second turn a single Luke hit and your toon is stunned/TM reduced. You'll need a tough tank such as Shoretrooper on your first round, and i'm pretty sure Nihilus will also help a lot to get rid of Luke for now. ^ ^

Luke won't make rebels part of any meta i guess but i'm pretty sure many players will remove Rex and put Luke instead as a lead, combined with R2.
  • Empire is going to be a strong counter to CL. Thrawn will lock down their hardest hitter. Dt hits twice against rebels, inflicting daze and then stun on his basic. Tarkin has offense down, irresistibly for for rebels. Krennic, shore, veers could also all have a spot. And Nihilus.
  • Run the team you're using now. New characters are still controlled by the AI. Even CLS can't avoid that.
  • I'm on a newer shard so don't have a huge roster yet, which is fine because not many people do, and I really don't expect many to even get CLS this go around anyhow. If I do have to fight him though I planned on basically treating Luke like a buffer Dooku...all that is required is getting his counters to hit Kanan, Kanan ends up healed from the debuffs, and if he ends up stunned and losing TM who cares, his offense downs he handed out prior to the stun and taunt just last longer.

Its tough to really have a specific strategy at this point though, because it really depends what squads people will be running CLS in and how the AI is going to play CLS. If they run him defensively in ANH squad its going to be much different than if he is run offensively in a Wiggs Chaze CLS squad.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Hey guys...

-Darth Zader Lead
    -Sith Assasin
    -Darth Maul
    -Darth Nihilus
    -Palp / Zavage / Zylo

Meanings?

There won't be a meaningful counter. Raid Han will stun SA and that's game.

Zaul Rex and trawn lead are the best bets but they'll get wrecked
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Reyalp wrote: »
    Tenacity up isn't a weakness if you consider Yodas lead. 30% TM gain every time a Jedi ally resists a debuff. So when a CLS lead team gains 5% TM per debuff missing, Jedi will gain 30% (granted OB would cause the Rebels to gain a bit more).

Any team with Zariss for her heal on crit and cleanse.
    B2 to remove all the buffs from the rebels

There's loads more

Lol b-2 the toon that spams AOE? 2 AOE and he's dead.
  • Massov
    123 posts Member
    Run the team you're using now. New characters are still controlled by the AI. Even CLS can't avoid that.

This - the combination of Raid Han and CLS (plus 3 other OP rebels) is going to be great on offense

But on defence, unless they improve the AI, he will likely stun your least valuable character because defense sucks