Please consider leaving threads in General Discussion for a period of time.

I recently created a thread that was a question about how people handle the tank raid in their guilds.

I wanted to get a few different ideas of how to handle the raid getting finished too quickly and still have people participate and be challenged.

The thread got moved to Feedback: Guilds and except for the mod that moved it, I have gotten no responses to the thread and I made the post yesterday!

If there was a subforum for raids I would have considered posting it in there.

As is, I am frustrated to the point of not using the forum anymore.

Even when I just check General or Character Strategy if I see an interesting thread and forgot to bookmark it, it disappears it becomes hard to find.

Even when I DO bookmark it, most threads stop getting an traffic.

I get that General gets congested but the current solution of moving threads around does not seem to be working.

Also, the feedback section has so many sub forums as is it is a pain to even know where to start.

Sorry if this sounds salty. I've been part of this forum for over a year and this new trend is not good in my opinion.

Replies

• Revi
    573 posts Member
    I agree with you there.. its no good.
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Case on point.

I put this thread in the appropriate subforum and it has taken 3 days to get a single comment.

(Thank you for replying btw :-)

Things ain't like they ought to be.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Case on point.

I put this thread in the appropriate subforum and it has taken 3 days to get a single comment.

(Thank you for replying btw :-)

Things ain't like they ought to be.

Please don't shoot the messenger.

This is actually how it "ought" to be. Generally people have been doing it wrong for a while and got used to it being that way. The sub forums are supposed to be the location people look to discuss things. General was meant to be more of a trending/new events/content discussion.

Using General for everything was not the intended use.

(Also for many the search field is the first thing they scroll past.)

We are on a path to try to make the forums a better place that will be easier to find specific information and discuss topics without them floating away from the first few pages and getting started again (because no one searches)

I hope this helps and you can understand that this is a work in progress. I do not have all the details, but we really are trying to make this a better place.