State of the Galaxy 8/7/2017 [Mega]

Replies

• Olga wrote: »
    I was talking about DN and HK-47. When I said Ben, I meant Ben Sunwalker, the guy who want ESB Luke to have the Jedi tag.
    Yeah, like I said previously this has been debated extensively, and both point of views have their merit. It's fine.
    And yes @MadMalgusReturns , I'm **** about it and no, magic spray won't solve it. But thanks!
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    edited August 2017

Don't worry man, I got you

Oh man, I really want to know what the heck is going on here. Is that baby powder or an extinguisher? SOOOO many questions.
    Post edited by Kozispoon on
  • Now that gear 12 will be a thing, why not make lower gear levels easier? And I'm not talking about gear 11, I'm talking about gears 8 and 9. Some toons need stun guns, stun cuffs, holoprojectors and droid callers only to get from gear 8 to gear 9. Maybe some of these gears should be made easier to get now.
  • Wish I hadn't just blown three zetas on Empire characters.
  • @CG_Kozispoon I know you know people so here's my pitch...

Since Territory Battles mode will allow us to use our full rosters, it would be great if there was also a quality of life update regarding the Squad Management tab. In general, it would be helpful if the update includes (1) a way for us to get to the Squad Management tab without basically opening an encounter; (2) a way for us to use Squad Management for ships; and (3) a way to eliminate from view characters already picked in that tab?

The specifics:
    (1) Currently, the only way to get to the Squad Management tab is to start an encounter but not actually enter the battle. This requires you to have energy for a battle, have a raid open, GW battle available, or arena battle available and not on cooldown. It's a little clunky not having a dedicated way to get to the Squad Management tab. Perhaps it could be included as an additional scroll-through from characters: characters --> Ships --> Squad Management. It's not a big thing, but it would be nice.

(2) There is no Squad Management tab for ships. Since Territory Battles mode is going to make all ships relevant, it would be great to have a Ships Squad Management tab. You could even add another scroll-through: Squad Management --> Ship Squad Management!

(3) Territory Battles is going to let us use our full rosters. Many of us have over 100 unlocked (not to mention geared) characters and the rosters will likely continue to grow (unless someone puts Lobot and CUP out of their misery). It would be really helpful if we could set teams but not have to scroll through the 80+ characters we have already put in squads. Making the character icons distinctive has been a huge help in not accidentally putting in the wrong jawa/ewok/etc., this would be a nice QoL change going forward.

Just my $0.02 but it would be nice!
  • K_mett1 wrote: »
    These battles as we've been told are going to be epic, and will need to be coordinated accordingly. Developers should release a thread/poll for gamers to voice their opinions and suggestions for a reworked in-game communication system.

It seems now that communication with guild members will become more important. (I would like to point out that not everyone is able, nor would like, to have off game chats with strangers.)

Just something for consideration.

The ability to private message with read receipts (as in being able to see IF they frigging read the PM) would go a LONG way. I've gotten to the point now that when a new recruit comes in I just bypass guild chat by saying here's the Discord address, read the rules, and roll on. And for some that's like banging your head against the wall. Hate kicking people for not communicating but from looking at this it may be something that has to be done...
    SWGOH Guild: Peace is a Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • Exactly as you said. Before we kind of allowed people to choose if they wanted to join our GroupMe, with a strong emphasis on joining. No penalty if not, however. That all changes with TBs. Chat is now mandatory for coordination....but I don't see that as a bad thing anyway. We have a blast in our chats.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Olga wrote: »
    I was talking about DN and HK-47. When I said Ben, I meant Ben Sunwalker, the guy who want ESB Luke to have the Jedi tag.
    Yeah, like I said previously this has been debated extensively, and both point of views have their merit. It's fine.
    And yes @MadMalgusReturns , I'm **** about it and no, magic spray won't solve it. But thanks!

It's not magic. It's science!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Maybe I've misunderstood something but are territory battles really going to tear guilds apart? Granted, being able to raise characters to G12 is a massive advantage, but won't all guilds be able to do that, albeit at different speeds? It doesn't sound like the raids where your guild can either win Kenobi shards regularly or it cannot obtain them at all.
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Going off of remarks as we have them so far; certain modes will be locked to certain characters. Everything you do contributes to the Guild's Rewards at large...so if only a percentage of your guild has access to the locked modes, then that's potentially a significant loss of Guild Currency to the new shop, shards, or whatever it may be.

Some guilds may not find it a problem. Some will....but there definitely seems to be a distinct difference in what each guild brings in as a reward based on how many members are capable of doing any given event.

We just don't know enough yet. All they've told us is this is what will happen in broad terms; they haven't detailed how deep the impact really is.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    WenHandel wrote: »
    Maybe I've misunderstood something but are territory battles really going to tear guilds apart? Granted, being able to raise characters to G12 is a massive advantage, but won't all guilds be able to do that, albeit at different speeds? It doesn't sound like the raids where your guild can either win Kenobi shards regularly or it cannot obtain them at all.

Thats how I'm looking at it as well.
  • Pseudot
    102 posts Member
    I find it not-at-all-amusing what the Devs choose to reply to here (fluffy feelgoods) and what they choose to leave unanswered (valid concerns).

As I stated, I'm fairly excited about the new content to come...but I also have some weight in the lower half of my guild which I don't know if we'll be able to keep in order to let the top half of the guild maximize their play.

This not-at-all-invalid concern is clearly echoed by others here...but a pleasant GIF gets a shoutout from the team.

I think I echo the sentiments of a good majority of the people who have managed to read this entire thread.

This guy needs a drink and a smoke, maybe a trip to the red light district.

giphy.gif

• That's funny...your majority seems to be expressing concern, and a minority more interested in playing the meme diversion game.
  • Acrofales wrote: »
    We are a guild that doesn't require discord. So far we have managed fine with ingame chat, and requiring discord would probably mean we'd need to boot quite a few players who are in the guild because it ONLY requires the game and nothing else. We don't want to do that.

@CG_Kozispoon how much coordination will be required for TB? If more than for current raids, will ingame chat be improved so we can actually do things like talk to individuals, have persistent messages, or something similar?

When I first joined my guild over two years ago I didn't know the first thing about Discord. They were struggling with 5 star Pit raids at that time and I've watched as we've progressed to Heroic Pit raids and actually planning on our first stab at a HAAT. From an officer perspective, guild chat is woefully inadequate. First of all a good conversation (whether game related or not) can easily push that announcement you made off the board. The guild leader is the only one who can change the announcement banner, and it's been my experience that even with that bright orange text staring at you, some people just don't frigging read. I've pushed for months Discord as a mandatory requirement for our Guild because of the shortcomings of communicating with other team members. I have yet to enforce a Discord requirement but from reading the new stuff that may be a reality that we'll have to deal with when it gets here. The point I'm making is if this new stuff is supposed to make guilds a more "cohesive" (as in we are all in it to win it) group, then there REALLY needs to be stuff IN GAME that helps coordinate that effort. Using outside apps shouldn't be a requirement but seems a necessity at this point with the game's lack of communication tools...
  • Pseudot
    102 posts Member
    That's funny...your majority seems to be expressing concern, and a minority more interested in playing the meme diversion game.

Actually, a very large portion of the posts in this thread are your whines, and then people essentially telling you to shut up. Just in a nicer way. I'm not nice. Please Shut Up. You'll get your answers in due time. There, at least I said please.
  • The force must have brought me back for this major update....
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Muaddib wrote: »
    Cuzzins wrote: »
    I hope theres some good stuff for officers/leaders to be able to track participation and stuff. No point making this an everyone working together thing if we can't effectively see who is doing what, and more importantly, who isn't. At this point we can't even track daily raid tickets, hoping that gets fixed alone with some TB specific stats too.

THIS! THIS SO MUCH!
    @CG_Kozispoon - Can you speak to officer tracking participation in TB's yet? Or to how we're going to be able to unlock CHS to ROLO?

Also, this all sounds awesome and can't wait!

Doesn't it? I know I'm excited. :)
    Further details regarding Territory Battles should go alongside its release. Its a hefty Version Update and our team wants to ensure Players aren't lost with all the new shiny. For now, we have a Content Release to contend with!

For more information on Content/Version releases, please see the Game Update Changes post. <HERE>>
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Pseudot wrote: »
    Actually, a very large portion of the posts in this thread are your whines, and then people essentially telling you to shut up. Just in a nicer way. I'm not nice. Please Shut Up. You'll get your answers in due time. There, at least I said please.

I'm not typically nice either, but I do try to maintain a civil presence online in the rare occasions I decide to venture into whatever cesspool full of derision and scorn I'm wading into. The world has enough trolls and I don't come here looking to be an kitten. I come here to provide thoughtful, articulate reasons for whatever I'm looking for, because usually that's the way you get attention from those who make decisions. NOT be screaming and crying and shouting n txt spk abt y things arnt fair and lrn 2 play newb and whatever else is popular at the moment.

If you think any of this has been whining, you must think whatever happens in news articles on Facebook or elsewhere around here is genuine end-of-the-world-Apocalypse death rattles.

You need to expand your definition spectrum and get back to the real world, mate. There's a far cry from my posts and whining.

You and the others in here who can't, won't, or don't care to engage thoughtfully aren't bothering me at all, I promise. I'm not out to change your minds or reach you, so slam me, dig me, throw memes at me...don't care.

If the Developers are paying attention...and they are...and we get more indepth details later now or later because of it...then it was worth it. If they change something to be more friendly to guilds like mine, it was worth it. Ya'll won't ever convince me otherwise no matter what you say or do here.

So maybe you should shut up instead, cuz I certainly won't.

Eat some popcorn and sit back. Post your meme Mr Jackson.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Pseudot wrote: »
    That's funny...your majority seems to be expressing concern, and a minority more interested in playing the meme diversion game.

After reading this whole thread from front to back I get it. I just don't agree that he's been whining. Just posting his concerns which is really the whole point behind "discussing" it. Hell he even agreed that he came off that way and owned up to it versus just getting in to a meme war or whatever you want to call it. Posting for him to shut up seems just rude...Or maybe that was the point.
  • As they say in Spartacus, Boofpoof...gratitude :)
  • I'll admit I can be wordy or verbose. That's a turnoff to some folks, but brevity has just never been a strength of mine. Know thyself, and such.
  • Status just changed, "working on content update (8/9)" just a day makes me so sad....
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Muaddib wrote: »
    Cuzzins wrote: »
    I hope theres some good stuff for officers/leaders to be able to track participation and stuff. No point making this an everyone working together thing if we can't effectively see who is doing what, and more importantly, who isn't. At this point we can't even track daily raid tickets, hoping that gets fixed alone with some TB specific stats too.

THIS! THIS SO MUCH!
    @CG_Kozispoon - Can you speak to officer tracking participation in TB's yet? Or to how we're going to be able to unlock CHS to ROLO?

Also, this all sounds awesome and can't wait!

Doesn't it? I know I'm excited. :)
    Further details regarding Territory Battles should go alongside its release. Its a hefty Version Update and our team wants to ensure Players aren't lost with all the new shiny. For now, we have a Content Release to contend with!

For more information on Content/Version releases, please see the Game Update Changes post. <HERE>>

Thanks @CG_Kozispoon
    So sounds like we have a "Content Update" coming soon (delayed from yesterday for more testing)?

Are you able to speak to our concern about tracking participation in the new hotness Territory Battles?
    That would go along with the continuing issue of tracking daily 600's.
    I don't know if you've gathered... but we are insane people who take everything entirely too seriously and these things, in particular, are important to those of us in hardcore guilds.
    For lack of a lothcat version of this...
    latest?cb=20160817072726
  • RandyMarsh wrote: »
    How will we get hermit yoda and will he have the Jedi tag?

What other tag would he possibly have?

Rebel.

He ran away and hid in a swamp. Telling Luke to resist the temptations of the Dark Side hardly qualifies him as a rebel.

Trains Luke to take down Vader and Palpatine. Rebel.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    At least we're in the know!
    hmoznis6haw5.png

Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Further details regarding Territory Battles should go alongside its release. Its a hefty Version Update and our team wants to ensure Players aren't lost with all the new shiny.

Not that I'm not grateful; I am very excited! But...to counter that, wouldn't it make players less likely to be lost if they had more details up front rather than wading through a sea of rules and structure changes for a hefty update right on release?

Just a friendly thought for the team's consideration :)
  • I'll admit I can be wordy or verbose. That's a turnoff to some folks, but brevity has just never been a strength of mine. Know thyself, and such.

No offence mate, it's not that you're wordy or verbose, you're just repetitive. You've made your point at this stage and you're flogging a dead horse. Over and over and over and over and over.
  • At least we're in the know!
    hmoznis6haw5.png

tumblr_m4fjdbISS41qc4j0a.gif

No offence mate, it's not that you're wordy or verbose, you're just repetitive. You've made your point at this stage and you're flogging a dead horse. Over and over and over and over and over.

I don't disagree...but if someone quotes me and asks me a question, I'm not going to ignore them. That would just be rude, wouldn't it?