Event Keys are worthless

Why give us an event key to unlock an hour of playing this easy challenge that costs FIFTY ENERGY to get a couple of training droids?! No casual player/smart IAP player will ever do that once they realize how much of a scam it is. If you are going to keep it the same, you need to at least add a bunch of ability material, gold and maybe some special character shards to the key unlock events. Something we actually want to spend energy on...Stop trying to make as much money as possible and focus more on making the game less ridiculous and more enjoyable, then the money will come...Crazy EA..first deleting my Fifa 16 Pro Clubs player with an 88 rating now this. Losing faith quickly EA, as i am sure the rest of the world is.

Replies

• Let's give credit where it's due... yes "Event" is crap...no person with IQ above 70 will drop energy on it. Rest of the game is as Larry David would say "pretty pretty good"... i hope they just didnt have a good idea what to do with this "feature" so for now, instead of disabling it completely, they set this buffer pricing... i'd like to believe it will get "adjusted" within a month or so.... main wave of players is just reaching 52....
  • I'll probably hit 52 tomorrow. After what I've read I know not to be excited for this feature. Every other feature unlock has been good. All added more game play etc. Cantina has its own energy system and GW is great fun. Events just sound poop.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I'm unlocking and saving keys in the hopes it improves later.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • The Event feature is great ground work but needs some serious tweaking. Drop the cost to be relative to the rewards? add a harder difficulty with increased rewards? give the event tab its own energy?
    There is a lot that can be done with this but in its current state I would guess most won't spend the 50 energy to do it.
  • this just annoyed me when I first saw it but it's totally useless. I just don't understand why EA couldn't have created enough content before launch of this game?? Most of us spend our lives playing already complete levels. For the price this game runs people, this shouldn't be this way....
  • Qeltar wrote: »

Heh wait, are your tickets not disappearing each day?

As far as I can tell, they expire after a time. I've never played any of those challenges and never had more than 2 tickets.

• Agreed. Drops need to be waaaaaay higher to justify spending that much to do it.
  • How about having events period? Since I started this game there has been no special events at all. I play other types of games like this (Dungeon Boss) and they have daily events. It's fun and they even make special stages where you earn tokens etc..
  • yeah Dungeon Boss is catching up with content quickly...being an almost identical game, they target same customer base....
  • If they change it to where the ticket cost 50 energy (or even crystals) then it would be good. In soft, it was completely free. Just before release the lead developer probably told a programmer to add a 50 energy cost to it, and that programmer just assumed he meant the event and not the ticket.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • ..not to mention today all my rewards from the events vanished out of my account. Fun.
  • DigitalKLB wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »

Heh wait, are your tickets not disappearing each day?

As far as I can tell, they expire after a time. I've never played any of those challenges and never had more than 2 tickets.

They are time sensitive.
  • Perhaps the current state of event keys is a placeholder for something better that will be added later.
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • Yeah i just hit 53 today and noticed that extra little dab to the side, got really excited and then immediate disappointment when i saw the cost-reward ratio. I do really enjoy this game, so far. I just wish there wasn't random unbeatable teams in the galactic war map, more ways to acquire ability material, something like the experience event that lets you get more training droids to level all of those pesky level 1's who i would like to use someday but can barely keep up topping off my main 10 heroes and reduce the energy refresh cost of everything. No need to punish people who want to do 5 or 6 refreshes over the course of the day by jumping it up to 400-900 and so on.
  • Sounds like it's content to be added later, but this is a place holder so you can get the achievement?
  • hopefully they have plans to make events table more fun.
  • Don't forget to do one to get achievement bonus.
  • Any plans for the event Holotable @CG_AaronNemoyten?
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Event keys are not worthless. They count towards your 3 shipment purchases of the day login reward.
  • This Challenge replicated as an Event placeholder has been around long enough. It's time to get some new content in. I'd rather they hold off on the new characters that's been hyped for weeks and get Ships, Guilds, and some Event Raid in-game.
    SWGoHCantina.com - Database of everything SWGoH. Fear the Boot |FTB| - One of the 1st Elite Alliances.
  • Hey everyone, we know that event keys are currently not our strongest feature. Rather than expanding them so that we have even more features, we've been focusing on making sure the features and content we are happy with are even better and more polished. Look for an announcement soon involving more content (but not with key events).

-Aaron
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Hey everyone, we know that event keys are currently not our strongest feature. Rather than expanding them so that we have even more features, we've been focusing on making sure the features and content we are happy with are even better and more polished. Look for an announcement soon involving more content (but not with key events).

-Aaron

Thanks for the response. Please don't make GW harder. Hahha
  • J7000 wrote: »

No joke- at level 51, I hit an all level 60 group 3 from the last in GW. Really...
  • Hey everyone, we know that event keys are currently not our strongest feature. Rather than expanding them so that we have even more features, we've been focusing on making sure the features and content we are happy with are even better and more polished. Look for an announcement soon involving more content (but not with key events).

-Aaron
    Thanks for the comments.

I also noticed the name change with the update. Looking forward to seeing it become useful.

Would prefer you guys to deactivate it until then so people don't waste any energy on it and become upset.
  • Yeah I hit 52 today after reading the description I thought I had unlimited entries for an hour to rack up training droids for 50 energy but was really **** off it was only one entry...wish I could take that back...
  • Keaven wrote: »
    Thanks for the comments.

I also noticed the name change with the update. Looking forward to seeing it become useful.

Would prefer you guys to deactivate it until then so people don't waste any energy on it and become upset.

It's still useful if you really need credits or training droids. It's a reasonably good value for your energy, given that if you spent the equivalent cantina energy to grind training droids or credits the value would be terrible in comparison.
  • +1 point for Aaron.

It's there for people who want it. The average player won't need it though.

We have way more training droids than we can use and the credits don't even make a dent in the stuff we need.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Keaven wrote: »
    Thanks for the comments.

It's still useful if you really need credits or training droids. It's a reasonably good value for your energy, given that if you spent the equivalent cantina energy to grind training droids or credits the value would be terrible in comparison.
    I understand your point, however hero shards are still far more valuable for the energy, and given the game is in full launch only the $2,000+ chromium gamblers will be able to unlock and promote all characters due to shard farming limitations from energy regen and mission cooldowns given that Heroes will continue to be added.

Judging by the time it will take for some heroes only available in the L&D tables to fully promote, Heroes wouldn't need to be added very often to keep the possibility of leveling every hero further away.

So for the limited value available here players will be better off in the long run farming shards and waiting for the next challenge and GW payouts.
  • Towani wrote: »
    J7000 wrote: »

No joke- at level 51, I hit an all level 60 group 3 from the last in GW. Really...

AI is lousy on defense so it is winnable, but GW needs a deep bench.

My 2nd time doing it, my last fight was against a team 9 levels above me, i got them down to the last toon and by then, with nothing to lose, I was throwing all my junk into the fight and just pulled it off with my last 2 toons (mid 20lvl ewok and Imperial guard)
    Ally Code: 945-699-762