State of the Galaxy 8/7/2017 [Mega]

Replies

• At least we're in the know!
    hmoznis6haw5.png

tumblr_mihh93oFxy1qdvacno1_500.gif
    This delay makes me as sad as Boba in this gif.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    I'll admit I can be wordy or verbose. That's a turnoff to some folks, but brevity has just never been a strength of mine. Know thyself, and such.

No offence mate, it's not that you're wordy or verbose, you're just repetitive. You've made your point at this stage and you're flogging a dead horse. Over and over and over and over and over.

I don't disagree...but if someone quotes me and asks me a question, I'm not going to ignore them. That would just be rude, wouldn't it?

Id say perfectly acceptable at this point.
  • I'll admit I can be wordy or verbose. That's a turnoff to some folks, but brevity has just never been a strength of mine. Know thyself, and such.

No offence mate, it's not that you're wordy or verbose, you're just repetitive. You've made your point at this stage and you're flogging a dead horse. Over and over and over and over and over.

I don't disagree...but if someone quotes me and asks me a question, I'm not going to ignore them. That would just be rude, wouldn't it?

Look, at this stage, the Devs have seen at least one of your posts. If they haven't answered you yet, they're not going to. So wait for the next update with the rest of us. You're like a kid in the back seat of a car going "Are we there yet? Are we there yet... "
  • gatormatt wrote: »
    Cuzzins wrote: »
    I hope theres some good stuff for officers/leaders to be able to track participation and stuff. No point making this an everyone working together thing if we can't effectively see who is doing what, and more importantly, who isn't. At this point we can't even track daily raid tickets, hoping that gets fixed alone with some TB specific stats too.

This +1000.

All of this +1.000 please !
  • RevJJ82
    59 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Further details regarding Territory Battles should go alongside its release. Its a hefty Version Update and our team wants to ensure Players aren't lost with all the new shiny.

Not that I'm not grateful; I am very excited! But...to counter that, wouldn't it make players less likely to be lost if they had more details up front rather than wading through a sea of rules and structure changes for a hefty update right on release?

Just a friendly thought for the team's consideration :)

Well, they are probably still testing everything right now. If they give more details now, and during testing they find out that something does not have the desired effect and have to change some things, there would be a kitten-storm because the new features are not 100% what they said they would be.
    That's my take on it anyway, and (to me) is quite a valid excuse to only give the details upon release.
    Post edited by GoodOlMaurice on
  • Magilla262 wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon I know you know people so here's my pitch...

a way for us to get to the Squad Management tab without basically opening an encounter;

Should be pretty easy to do since they've go the "Train" button in the roster view that I'm 100% positive absolutely no one uses (we just click the toon and train him/her/it). Switch that with "Squad Management" and hey presto, everyone's happy.
  • yossgold wrote: »
    Magilla262 wrote: »

a way for us to get to the Squad Management tab without basically opening an encounter;

Should be pretty easy to do since they've go the "Train" button in the roster view that I'm 100% positive absolutely no one uses (we just click the toon and train him/her/it). Switch that with "Squad Management" and hey presto, everyone's happy.

I used it once.

That's a good idea. Useful for when you are out of Arena/GW/Credits/Raid opportunities.
  • Ruivussan wrote: »
    yossgold wrote: »
    Magilla262 wrote: »

I used it once.

That's a good idea. Useful for when you are out of Arena/GW/Credits/Raid opportunities.

So you're the guy ;)
  • WenHandel wrote: »
    Maybe I've misunderstood something but are territory battles really going to tear guilds apart? Granted, being able to raise characters to G12 is a massive advantage, but won't all guilds be able to do that, albeit at different speeds? It doesn't sound like the raids where your guild can either win Kenobi shards regularly or it cannot obtain them at all.

Up until this, the difference between being in a HAAT guild versus a non-HAAT guild was shards for a single character. General Kenobi is a great character but there are a lot of great characters in the game so it was pretty optional if you wanted to switch to a stronger guild or not. Now that unlocking more characters is dependent on how strong your weakest guildmates are, it's more incentive to guild hop. My guild was just about ready to start doing HAAT but since Territory Battles were announced we've lost six of our top twelve players. Two of them were officers. They just weren't willing to stick around and help the weaker members when it potentially means missing out on, or at least severely delaying, several new characters (especially when it sounds like those characters are going to be pretty awesome). Now the remaining heavy hitters in my squad are likely leaving too since recruiting well rounded players to a non-HAAT guild has become virtually impossible given the upcoming changes.

I'm not whining, just answering your question on the effect this has on guilds.
    Maybe I've misunderstood something but are territory battles really going to tear guilds apart? Granted, being able to raise characters to G12 is a massive advantage, but won't all guilds be able to do that, albeit at different speeds? It doesn't sound like the raids where your guild can either win Kenobi shards regularly or it cannot obtain them at all.

Up until this, the difference between being in a HAAT guild versus a non-HAAT guild was shards for a single character. General Kenobi is a great character but there are a lot of great characters in the game so it was pretty optional if you wanted to switch to a stronger guild or not. Now that unlocking more characters is dependent on how strong your weakest guildmates are, it's more incentive to guild hop. My guild was just about ready to start doing HAAT but since Territory Battles were announced we've lost six of our top twelve players. Two of them were officers. They just weren't willing to stick around and help the weaker members when it potentially means missing out on, or at least severely delaying, several new characters (especially when it sounds like those characters are going to be pretty awesome). Now the remaining heavy hitters in my squad are likely leaving too since recruiting well rounded players to a non-HAAT guild has become virtually impossible given the upcoming changes.

Not knowing any more details (composition, leadership, etc) of your guild then take this comment with a grain of salt. If an announcement is enough to cause your guild to fracture like that then I would venture a guess it wasn't that strong to begin with. There's a LOT of speculation out there of what this will mean for guilds. As an officer of a guild I've been watching this one with great interest. But it's just pure speculation and the details are fuzzy at best as to how all this is going to shake out for guilds. I'll wait to see how it plays out. I'm sure there will be PLENTY of discussion once more details are known.
    SWGOH Guild: Peace is a Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • Jermunji
    108 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    New territory guild war. nice idea. hopefully it doesn't fracture guild hierarchy to drastically. But Everything AhnaldT101 says at roughly 7:56 to the end is dead on with exactly what I've been feeling lately. Hopefully, @CG_Kozispoon you guys are listening to the other perspectives out in the galaxy in order to build a well balanced game. ;)

https://youtu.be/n2KPrMMLo0w

Yep, I take your point, Ben. That's fair and it is for each player to decide. You didn't come across as whining.

Still, GK is a powerful character too and I'm glad my guild stuck together (mainly) and figured HAAT out. We were maybe a month or so behind some guilds getting 7* GK but that wasn't worth ripping up the guild over.

It all depends on the guild you have, how close you are to where you want to be, and how important and urgent the rewards are to players. I won't be jumping ship if my guild is getting 30 rewards instead of the maximum 50 in the beginning. Eventually none of us wants to be disadvantaged too much, although I expect not many guilds will be farming at the maximum rate for a while.

• Boofpoof wrote: »
    WenHandel wrote: »

Not knowing any more details (composition, leadership, etc) of your guild then take this comment with a grain of salt. If an announcement is enough to cause your guild to fracture like that then I would venture a guess it wasn't that strong to begin with. There's a LOT of speculation out there of what this will mean for guilds. As an officer of a guild I've been watching this one with great interest. But it's just pure speculation and the details are fuzzy at best as to how all this is going to shake out for guilds. I'll wait to see how it plays out. I'm sure there will be PLENTY of discussion once more details are known.

If a guild is as strong as it's weakest member, then top members in average guilds will be enticed to participate in better guilds.

Then it's just a matter of each individual in that situation and their decisions to move on for self betterment, or stay for old friends sake. Either way, they'll have friends, whether in a new guild, or their original guild that may be a type of family. But one way will lead to greater rewards, and the other a slow grind putting themselves behind in the arms-race of toon expansion and development.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Jermunji wrote: »
    New territory guild war. nice idea. hopefully it doesn't fracture guild hierarchy to drastically. But Everything AhnaldT101 says at roughly 7:56 to the end is dead on with exactly what I've been feeling lately. Hopefully, @CG_Kozispoon you guys are listening to the other perspectives out in the galaxy in order to build a well balanced game. ;)

https://youtu.be/n2KPrMMLo0w

I agree with him as well, he hit the nail on the head. Hopefully they are listening and are able to make good adjustments.
  • a new journey begins with something worth fighting for
  • Waez wrote: »
    Concerning for F2P.
    All the events lately have been tuned to extract cash from whales and dolphins (Thrawn late announcement, CLS's late and unforgiving requirements...)

This update only cements the fact that the game is taking a money-oriented turn, again.

TB will be easy for whales, and will encourage them to band together, and of course they will influence themselves and spend more.
    Everyone will now NEED a large roster, or you will be considered a weight for your guild.

The new toons will probably be meta breaking, and the whales will take the Arena back.

G12 is the same thing, and tying it to 7* is a direct insult to players.
    You can't say "We're doing marquee events to let everyone everyone use the characters" and then say "Ho but you'll need 7* to be competitive in Arena because G12 needs stars."

ESPECIALLY NOT WHEN SOME CHARACTERS ARE STILL IN 1 HARD NODE ONLY.

If you want to increase star requirements (CLS's event, G12...), you NEED to help us getting those shards decently fast.

I guess the executives realized the game wasn't making as much money as it could, and pushed for more requirements.
    Be careful though. This is a double-edged knife, and you might end up cutting yourself and losing a bunch of players, both actual and potential.

100% this...

I'm extremely discouraged and sad reading this upcoming "features". It is a huge middle finger to F2P and little spenders (I've spent money here and there and I'm still miles away from a decent roster). I'm forced to use a crappy Wiggs rebel team because it takes forever to equip toons and those are the ones I have at higher gear lvl due to being the old carrots when I started, and I have most of the roster locked at G8, I need like 20 x 20 pieces of the same thing that drops a couple times every 100 energy used plus raid gear, just to get some other characters to G9...

A couple days ago I finally unlocked Baze at 3* and I'm close to finally getting my Chirrut to 7* thanks to ships, and now since my Baze will never be 7* it's pointless to invest in him any more...

So we are forced to chase carrots we can barely see in the horizon and when we finally make small progress, the carrot is pushed farther away three times as much ground as we have covered. This is not funny or entertaining.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    While we sadly have to wait for the content update until tomorrow, @CG_TopHat State of the Galaxy has not been forgotten! Please look forward to the release of Rebel Officer Leia Organa's kit by end of day today!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I'm glad ya'll haven't forgotten this; I knew you wouldn't. Thanks for checking in and letting us know ya'll are watching and reading @CG_Kozispoon !

We know the team is working hard to try and deliver content that gets everyone excited. I think maybe that's the one thing we do all agree on :)
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    How about an complimentary zeta for the delay? ;)

(It's good to have dreams)
  • While we sadly have to wait for the content update until tomorrow, @CG_TopHat State of the Galaxy has not been forgotten! Please look forward to the release of Rebel Officer Leia Organa's kit by end of day today!
    Thanks for the news, can't wait for the update!

• Wish they would just either scrap the GW or fix it instead on these new updates.

• Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    End of day is nigh! Let's get that ROLO ready to GOLO

*Goes to get their post on*
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • End of day is nigh! Let's get that ROLO ready to GOLO

*Goes to get their post on*
    You forgot "...their post and meme on"
  • Look, at this stage, the Devs have seen at least one of your posts. If they haven't answered you yet, they're not going to. So wait for the next update with the rest of us. You're like a kid in the back seat of a car going "Are we there yet? Are we there yet... "[/quote]

hahahahahaha

tumblr_n3ysmcEkbZ1r2m1nfo1_500.gif

• Gold3o1
    6 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Tuna sorry I think I messed up your arena payout today do you have Line or Discord? Gold
    Post edited by Gold3o1 on
  • Cause there are not nearly enough rebels yet right? And way too many clones and first order and resistance and jawas and tuskens and geos.

Right?
  • Jamesm wrote: »
    Good lord with all the characters people would love to see they just rerelease 3 more toons that are already in the game!? Seriously!?

Hermit Yoda sounds cool but cmon this is ridiculous we now have 3 Hans? And 0 jango fett :/ and plenty others

To be fair they announced the han and leia characters a while ago.

Yep and Han is 10 times as important a character as Jango Fett. When we get 7 more Hans they should release Jango.

Awesomely true.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    The game already has 6 Jangos anyway.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Are you sure? I've obviously spelled out the consequences, because as you state they may have made this decision to target Uber Guilds that benefit at the top instead of the bottom, but there are also Family Guilds that will get hit...and I'm sure those far outweigh the Big Fish Uber Guilds with sister sub-guilds.
    Looks to me like I asked several times for clarity, in a variety of ways.
    Again, your post lays out the consequences of the decision, not really the information you're looking for. The most detailed you get was in asking for how much your uinder-performers will weigh you down. That's a very subjective thing, and not something CG can realistically answer for you. You know there are gated challenges and you know who your under-performers are. But CG can't really tell you precisely how many people are going to react to the situation, step up, and prepare for the challenge, and how many are going to never get ready and be dead weight, at least as far as TB is concerned. And any limitation will affect similar guilds in a similar manner, so you won't "fall behind" unless everyone else starts cutting more under-performers than you are willing to.
    And you've definitely asked for clarity, but my point was that I sincerely doubt that any information CG could give you would honestly lead you to the clarity you're searching for.
    As to the other thing, if I misquoted him I'll own that and thank you clearing it up. See my concern regarding above. It may have begun as an effort to keep big guilds from having underlings gear up their heavies, but the close-knit guilds with diverse membership will be the ones that feel it the most.

Someone has to point that out, and while I may be the most vocal voice at present, it's pretty clear I'm not the only one. It doesn't bother me in the least that you don't agree with me, because of that fact alone.
    I think you misunderstand CG's motives here, which is not particularly surprising; I think a lot of people do.
    What keeps a game like this healthy? As I've said before, it's a well stratified field of competition. People need to feel like "that next upgrade" will mean something in terms of their relative power or rank in relation to the people around them. That requires them to be within striking distance of the people above them, as well as being within striking distance from the people below them. A health desire to improve, coupled with a desire not to be overtaken, lead to higher levels of player engagement.
    Problems occur when the stratification is nonlinear: plateaus and gaps are the bane of competitive engagement. When there's no chance of standing out and/or no chance of catching up, people lose interest. CG has done a fairly good job of maintaining F2P relevancy, with things like the release cadence, as well as their habit of dropping hints about future content so that enterprising people can attempt to be ahead of the curve with careful deduction and planning.
    But the major problem recently is that the raid system has turned stagnant, and new raid content will not particularly change that, except for a very brief time. Right now, there's almost no difference in the thousands of guilds that are doing HAAT. So CG knew they had to shake things up, reengage the masses. Unfortunately for some guilds, that means that they won't advance as quickly as guilds full of whales, or at least full of high-performers.
    So while it may seem like this was a move to reward whales and punish casual guilds, it's more about the long-term viability of the game as a whole. Not that I expect many people to have an easy time accepting that concept.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Pyrefly wrote: »
    Are you sure? I've obviously spelled out the consequences, because as you state they may have made this decision to target Uber Guilds that benefit at the top instead of the bottom, but there are also Family Guilds that will get hit...and I'm sure those far outweigh the Big Fish Uber Guilds with sister sub-guilds.
    Looks to me like I asked several times for clarity, in a variety of ways.
    Again, your post lays out the consequences of the decision, not really the information you're looking for. The most detailed you get was in asking for how much your uinder-performers will weigh you down. That's a very subjective thing, and not something CG can realistically answer for you. You know there are gated challenges and you know who your under-performers are. But CG can't really tell you precisely how many people are going to react to the situation, step up, and prepare for the challenge, and how many are going to never get ready and be dead weight, at least as far as TB is concerned. And any limitation will affect similar guilds in a similar manner, so you won't "fall behind" unless everyone else starts cutting more under-performers than you are willing to.
    And you've definitely asked for clarity, but my point was that I sincerely doubt that any information CG could give you would honestly lead you to the clarity you're searching for.
    As to the other thing, if I misquoted him I'll own that and thank you clearing it up. See my concern regarding above. It may have begun as an effort to keep big guilds from having underlings gear up their heavies, but the close-knit guilds with diverse membership will be the ones that feel it the most.

Someone has to point that out, and while I may be the most vocal voice at present, it's pretty clear I'm not the only one. It doesn't bother me in the least that you don't agree with me, because of that fact alone.
    I think you misunderstand CG's motives here, which is not particularly surprising; I think a lot of people do.
    What keeps a game like this healthy? As I've said before, it's a well stratified field of competition. People need to feel like "that next upgrade" will mean something in terms of their relative power or rank in relation to the people around them. That requires them to be within striking distance of the people above them, as well as being within striking distance from the people below them. A health desire to improve, coupled with a desire not to be overtaken, lead to higher levels of player engagement.
    Problems occur when the stratification is nonlinear: plateaus and gaps are the bane of competitive engagement. When there's no chance of standing out and/or no chance of catching up, people lose interest. CG has done a fairly good job of maintaining F2P relevancy, with things like the release cadence, as well as their habit of dropping hints about future content so that enterprising people can attempt to be ahead of the curve with careful deduction and planning.
    But the major problem recently is that the raid system has turned stagnant, and new raid content will not particularly change that, except for a very brief time. Right now, there's almost no difference in the thousands of guilds that are doing HAAT. So CG knew they had to shake things up, reengage the masses. Unfortunately for some guilds, that means that they won't advance as quickly as guilds full of whales, or at least full of high-performers.
    So while it may seem like this was a move to reward whales and punish casual guilds, it's more about the long-term viability of the game as a whole. Not that I expect many people to have an easy time accepting that concept.

TLDR