you think the empire is going to be good still?

i have a ton of empire toons at 6-7 star including DT krennic at 7 have i wasted my time gearing them or is there a place for it still?

Replies

• JD010
    16 posts Member
    Options
    They'll balance it out eventually. I'm hoping a Vader rework comes around soon. Most feared bloke in the galaxy and in the game he's, well, meh. Not fantastic
  • Options
    Empire needs more. They just keep overloading the game with rebels.
  • JD010
    16 posts Member
    Options
    Empire needs more. They just keep overloading the game with rebels.

Agreed. Rebels already broke the game mechanics once in Chaze. CLS looks like he will as well
  • Options
    Empire now is bad considering new rebels stuff. But just wait for it, there will be new rebels nerf, or empire buff. Who knows?
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Empire will still be good. Thrawn, DT, ShT, all of them are good toons and can fight rebels. Thrawn led teams are a good counter to the next CLS since CLS team are based on debuffs (like Empire btw), feeding the TM for Thrawn teams.
  • Options
    BulYwif wrote: »
    Empire will still be good. Thrawn, DT, ShT, all of them are good toons and can fight rebels. Thrawn led teams are a good counter to the next CLS since CLS team are based on debuffs (like Empire btw), feeding the TM for Thrawn teams.

Totally agree.
    Don't know if CLS will have an efficient counter, though I am looking forward to try Thrawn (L), DK, DT, ST and... Veers? I don't really know the fifth toon, maybe just nihilus or GK
  • Options

Totally agree.
    Don't know if CLS will have an efficient counter, though I am looking forward to try Thrawn (L), DK, DT, ST and... Veers? I don't really know the fifth toon, maybe just nihilus or GK

Snowtrooper is quite lethal and doesn't rely much upon debuffs, he would synergize well with Veers or DT but you could have issues with retaliations against a Luke lead (same with most Empire toons since they heavily rely upon AoE, at least most troopers).

Thrawn is definitely the key here, fracture Luke or get wrecked, totally. Even your DT would be destroyed by a defensive Luke since confuse and stun will only give him more health and protection, double hit means double retaliation with annoying debuffs etc.

All of this works only on offense of course, rebels won't be cannon fodder for Empire and Siths for now i guess, still beatable but quite a match i hope.
  • Options
    CLS will be instantly meta. Therefore anything that plays to his strengths (tenacity up, empire, AoE attacks) will likely need a buff in the near future.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    my best guess is that empire will remain viable in arena. Currently i consider empire the best faction ingame, that might change with the introduction of all those new rebel characters and reworks.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I thought the raid Han rework was a counter to Thrawn though. Double tap stun thrawn out of the gate and you are a move behind to begin with. Then get nihilus with aoe counter up and u r 2 moves behind......
  • Options

Totally agree.

Snowtrooper is quite lethal and doesn't rely much upon debuffs, he would synergize well with Veers or DT but you could have issues with retaliations against a Luke lead (same with most Empire toons since they heavily rely upon AoE, at least most troopers).

Thrawn is definitely the key here, fracture Luke or get wrecked, totally. Even your DT would be destroyed by a defensive Luke since confuse and stun will only give him more health and protection, double hit means double retaliation with annoying debuffs etc.

All of this works only on offense of course, rebels won't be cannon fodder for Empire and Siths for now i guess, still beatable but quite a match i hope.

Should have quoted
  • Options
    They've done a pretty good job at balancing teams since the big wonder twins fiasco. Nobody will know the impact of the new Rebels but my money is they will still be viable, with great mods of course.
  • Options
    I'd say only Chaze stands out as an error. Since then they've released strong toons that don't destroy the mechanics of the game and allow for more diversity... but Chaze was a terrible blight on the game.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Options
    one of the best teams currently is majority empire. you don't see them often because they are a pain to get so few people actually maxed them out
  • Drago
    22 posts Member
    Options
    With Thrawn, Empire faction get back in the game. Rebels got to much time with Chaze. And when empire became good, they release 3 more new rebels and rework 4 more... with anti-empire synergy. So will Empire faction be good again ? No chance, that s terrible. Plapa rework to balance should be really good. He is one of the best anti-rebel in the game, but he is to weak.
  • Options
    Krennic + Shore + thrawn (L) + Jyn + GMT solos p3 hAAT. Otherwise, Empire is useless.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Nesh
    49 posts Member
    Options
    Even if rebels do become OP against empire, empire will still be lethal to many other team compositions.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Krennic + Shore + thrawn (L) + Jyn + GMT solos p3 hAAT. Otherwise, Empire is useless.

Don't speak about subject you don't know.
  • Options
    stumpoman wrote: »
    one of the best teams currently is majority empire. you don't see them often because they are a pain to get so few people actually maxed them out

Which team is that?
  • Options
    diangelo wrote: »
    stumpoman wrote: »

Which team is that?

I think its Thrawn (l), Shore, Krennic, DeathTrooper and Nihilus.
    Player Smapty is first in arena with this team:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/smapty/
  • Options
    I thought the raid Han rework was a counter to Thrawn though. Double tap stun thrawn out of the gate and you are a move behind to begin with. Then get nihilus with aoe counter up and u r 2 moves behind......

This could be a counter on offense, but I don't think Rebels will have a problem on offense. On defense Han could target anyone.

I run First Order/Thrawn at the moment, but have been working on a variation of @Smapty s double cooldown team with Thrawn, Shore, Death, Nihilus and FOST. It's quite able to beat rebels on auto right now, and even with Han shooting first, if he stuns Thrawn I have FOST to give TM. If he targets someone else, well Thrawn can cleanse it and no big deal. The beauty about this team is that all of the toons are equally important, and losing one won't stop the team.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Options
    As someone that has all Empire except Gar and ISC at G11, I am definitely worried that my investment is going to get blown up in arena. There are a LOT of anti-empire bonuses and specific counters to strong Empire abilities inbound. I think the best we can hope for is a few Empire reworks like:

1. Vader unique
    2. EP lead and unique zeta
    3. More troopers

vIt9Djv.png
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    As someone that has all Empire except Gar and ISC at G11, I am definitely worried that my investment is going to get blown up in arena. There are a LOT of anti-empire bonuses and specific counters to strong Empire abilities inbound. I think the best we can hope for is a few Empire reworks like:

1. Vader unique
    2. EP lead and unique zeta
    3. More troopers

EP, DT, Tarkin, all of them also get some bonus against Rebels. For sure there's a lot of noise around CLS like there was a lot of noise around Thrawn too. But finally, Thrawn led to a more balanced arena. Not every people is running him like not every people will run CLS (especially at the beginning with 3 zetas).
  • Options
    Algeroth. That's actually what I'm thinking about using at some point because I have all of those guys all these six stars and it seems to me like that could be a legitimate counter
  • tharduskafka
    474 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Wow. So I guess being able to auto beat Wiggs/Chaze/R2, Wedge/Fulcrum/Chaze and all the other Rex/Chaze/GK nonsense in my arena is useless. Dang.
  • WattoisSnoke
    244 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    If Rebels keep going from strength to strength, Vader should get an over the top rework lol. Here's what his kit might resemble if he were released as a new character today and was decently powered. (half pisstake, half dreaming) lol. Kind of a mirror of the Luke triple Zeta crap, so his father should get it too right ;) Rebels are becoming more and more anti Empire so here's the Empire pushing back! Not overly serious before all the OP comments!

Darth Vader

Terrifying Swing (Basic) Omega'd

Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Ability Block for 1 Turn. Jedi and Rebel targets cannot Evade or Resist the effects of this attack. If resisted, deal double damage.

Force Crush (Special) Omega'd
    '4 Turn Cooldown'

Deal Physical damage to all enemies and inflict Speed Down, Health Down and 3 Damage Over Time effects for 2 rounds. For each enemy that resists, deal +20% damage.

Culling Blade (Special) Omega'd
    '3 Turn Cooldown'

Deal Physical damage to target enemy and dispels all negative status effects on them. This attack deals 50% more damage for each effect dispelled and grants 100% Turn Meter on a finishing blow.

Inspiring Through Fear (Leader) Zeta'd

Empire and Sith allies gain 30% Offense, +30% Critical Damage, +15% Critical Chance and have a 50% chance to remove 25% Turn Meter on hit. This Turn Meter removal can't be Resisted. While Darth Vader is alive, enemies immediately regain Damage Over Time for 2 turns whenever Damage Over Time expires on them.

Overwhelming Force (Unique) Zeta'd

Darth Vader has 100% turn meter at the start of battle and gains +10% offence after each of his turns, stacking up to +100%. Additionally, he gains +20% defence any time he is attacked (stacking) and gains +5 speed for each Empire or Sith ally and +3 speed for each debuffed enemy.

Empires Enforcer (Unique) Zeta'd

Rebel and Jedi enemies deal -30% damage to Darth Vader and grant him 20% Turn Meter whenever they attack him. If an enemy lands a Critical Hit on Darth Vader, he regains +15% protection and dispels all enemy buffs with his next attack
  • Options
    R2 was the best toon to come out of the Empire pass so hopefully Empire will get an AT-AT or an AT-ST during the rebel pass that is dominant.