Character Strategy: Han Solo

Replies

• BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    I haven't read through the entire thread so forgive the redundancy (if applicable).

Does this relegate the pre-taunters or will this simply be same old/same old and the Stun will be cleansed one move later? I want to believe there's a workaround to the obscene Speed hurdles many of us face.

It's just one shot, the pre-taunters won't be relegated. And if it's cleansed, it means that Tenacity Up is applied (if Rex) and it's good for CLS led teams.
  • Han Solo (Raid)
    BASIC: Quick Draw
    • This ability can no longer be Evaded
    • Omega upgrade now grants "+25% Bonus Damage and remove 35% Turn Meter if the target has 50% or more Turn Meter" in addition to previous bonus of "+15% Damage"

SPECIAL1: Deadeye
    • Omega upgrade now grants "inflict Stun for 1 turn" in addition to previous bonus of "Cooldown - 1"

SPECIAL2: Never Tell Me The Odds
    • Omega upgrade now grants "+5% Turn Meter Gain and Han gains Critical Damage Up for 2 turns" and the previous bonus of "+25% Turn Meter Gain Chance" has been increased to "+75% Turn Meter Gain Chance"

UNIQUE: Shoots First
    • Han now ignores Taunts during the bonus turn
    • The Stun inflicted during the bonus turn can no longer be Resisted
    • New ZETA upgrade: "+10% Critical Chance and the first time each turn Han uses his Basic attack he attacks again dealing 50% less damage"

GENERAL STRATEGY
    • Han gained the ability on “Shoot First” to always inflict double shots on basic, with the second shot dealing 50% less damage.
    • We revamped “Never Tell Me the Odds” to grant Critical Damage Up to Han, as well as increasing his chance to grant Turn Meter to himself to 100%". Now after Han buffs himself and his team, he can immediately get some damage in!
    • Raid Han under Wedge lead can put top damage under Phases 2 & 4 of the Heroic AAT Raid, when combined with Commander Luke can also tackle Phases 1 & 3. He is also very desirable in PVP, fitting under multiple Rebel leaders, and shining especially under Commander Luke.

Finally! Han Solo is worth something! Especially against HAAT, that would help
  • EDP
    10 posts Member
    After the rework Raid Han might be making a come back into arena teams. The search function told me who's Han shoots first will be purely based on RNG, do you think this will lead to more defeats in the arena? At the moment I can pretty much predict whether I will win or not, I know the other teams, I know the turn order, this seems like it will push it towards 50/50, especially in 'mirror matches'. I for one am hoping it doesn't cost me refreshes/rage.
  • I would hope Hans Shoot first ability will be based on who has the fastest Han honestly, and this rework is going to completely mess with all these Meta teams, but it all might settle down again with a few new Meta teams joining the top end of Arena.
    Trial and Error before the best teams are figured out.
  • CamaroAMF
    1279 posts Member
    Eh, the AI still ain't great. It could make offense a little tougher but I don't see it having that big of an impact.
  • Liamtbqh wrote: »
    I would hope Hans Shoot first ability will be based on who has the fastest Han honestly, and this rework is going to completely mess with all these Meta teams, but it all might settle down again with a few new Meta teams joining the top end of Arena.
    Trial and Error before the best teams are figured out.

Their speed does not come into play for the shoot first ability so its purely a coin flip.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    It's RNG based.

The benefit is though, the AI might go first but it also has a 20% chance to target a specific toon.

Unless you're unlucky and enemy RH stuns your RH, it won't make too much difference.
  • The key is Maul with sith. Throw zeta Jyn in there so she can't be stunned and Han must target her.

It will not be a good squad but if you really want to avoid being stunned that's how you do it.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    The key is Maul with sith. Throw zeta Jyn in there so she can't be stunned and Han must target her.

It will not be a good squad but if you really want to avoid being stunned that's how you do it.

Unless Hans 'cannot be resisted' overides that.
  • Well, Jyn's zeta reads "immune to stuns" so it shouldn't have to pass the tenacity test?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    @CG_Kozispoon - What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object? Can we get Dev clarification on Jyn vs Han's stun?
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Well, Jyn's zeta reads "immune to stuns" so it shouldn't have to pass the tenacity test?

We'll see. Hans ability currently reads 'will stun' the target' - it never had a 'chance' applied to it. The wording has always been a bane of contention on here as it implies it should always land, but it never did. I would like to think Jyns unique will resist it given its 'immune' wording..but who knows til we see it
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Other instances in the past point to being immune to something means it doesn't even attempt to apply.
    When Mace gives a ship taunt and immunity to crits and Poe attacks with his guaranteed Crit, the crit does not apply.
    I am thinking that Jyn being immune to stuns will override the cant-be-resisted stun from Han's attack. Only time, or maybe a dev, will tell
  • Tannjam
    420 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    pac0naut wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon - What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object? Can we get Dev clarification on Jyn vs Han's stun?

Probably the same thing when a toon with Advantage attacks a toon with Crit Immunity. The attacker gets the shaft.
  • Conduit23
    358 posts
    edited August 2017
    pac0naut wrote: »

"Immune to" beats "can't be Resisted". Han can't stun Jyn.
  • Reyalp wrote: »
    It's RNG based.

The benefit is though, the AI might go first but it also has a 20% chance to target a specific toon.

Unless you're unlucky and enemy RH stuns your RH, it won't make too much difference.

I believe if your HS gets stunned he goes and then can do his stun. It's kind of like if you stun Biggs with a crit, he'll gain 100% tm and the stun goes away (this is a problem people had last year when Wiggs first became OP)
  • Great rework on Han Solo! Exactly what I was hoping for and the community! Can dust him off now :)
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    SNAKEMAN wrote: »
    Great rework on Han Solo! Exactly what I was hoping for and the community! Can dust him off now :)

Exactly. I put him to my favourites. It's one of my preferred toons of the SW universe too, and now he can be useful.
  • Lugo
    417 posts Member
    The first time each turn Han uses his basic attack he attacks again dealing 50% less damage.

How I understand this is on Han's turn if you use his basic he'll attack 2x, but until his next turn he will only attack 1x with counter or assist. However if Han uses any of his specials on his turn instead of his basic then he will have his "Double Tap Basic" stored. So if he is called to assist or counters befor his next turn he will attack 2x on his first one. So if you use a special and then all 5 enemies attack Han the first counter will attack 2x but the other 4 counters will attack 1x. If he counters all 5 that is.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Lugo wrote: »
    The first time each turn Han uses his basic attack he attacks again dealing 50% less damage.

How I understand this is on Han's turn if you use his basic he'll attack 2x, but until his next turn he will only attack 1x with counter or assist. However if Han uses any of his specials on his turn instead of his basic then he will have his "Double Tap Basic" stored. So if he is called to assist or counters befor his next turn he will attack 2x on his first one. So if you use a special and then all 5 enemies attack Han the first counter will attack 2x but the other 4 counters will attack 1x. If he counters all 5 that is.

I felt a great disturbance in your thoughts.
  • August '17 is rebel pass unofficially. :smile:
  • Lugo wrote: »

Capgasp already confirmed double tap is chambered up each turn. This includes enemy and ally turns. So if he is attack twice by boba, then he double taps first counter and attacks once on the second counter.
  • Lugo
    417 posts Member
    "the first time each turn Han uses his Basic attack he attacks again dealing 50% less damage"

"Each turn" means every ally (including Han) and enemy turn. "Han uses his Basic attack" is triggered when a player presses the button, when he counter attacks, or when he is called to assist.

Han can use his Basic on his turn, be called to Assist the next turn, and counter attack an enemy the following turn, and all of these uses of his Basic will trigger the bonus attack. The only limiter is that it can never happen more than once each (ally and enemy) turn.

So since Nute's "Nerfed" Leader ability read: Stealthed allies gain 55% Critical Chance and gain 50% Turn Meter the first time they score a Critical hit each turn." was WAI since Han's Zeta Unique is worded the same way?
  • Finity
    309 posts Member
    "the first time each turn Han uses his Basic attack he attacks again dealing 50% less damage"

"Each turn" means every ally (including Han) and enemy turn. "Han uses his Basic attack" is triggered when a player presses the button, when he counter attacks, or when he is called to assist.

Han can use his Basic on his turn, be called to Assist the next turn, and counter attack an enemy the following turn, and all of these uses of his Basic will trigger the bonus attack. The only limiter is that it can never happen more than once each (ally and enemy) turn.

So since Nute's "Nerfed" Leader ability read: Stealthed allies gain 55% Critical Chance and gain 50% Turn Meter the first time they score a Critical hit each turn." was WAI since Han's Zeta Unique is worded the same way?

Yes, can we please get clarification on this. It seems like the devs are directly contradicting themselves.

Meanwhile in the Nute Gunray change explanation:
    The wording states “each turn”, which means that Nute’s ability should be triggering the first time a character gets a Critical Hit on their turn, not on assists, which is what is happening.

CG_NotReallyAJedi clearly states that the abilities should not be triggered on assists, just on their own turn, but some how Han is triggering on turns not his own? The explanations are not matching up.
    Love SWGOH and want to keep it great! YouTube: Reality Skewed Gamers
  • Lugo
    417 posts Member
    Finity wrote: »

Yes, can we please get clarification on this. It seems like the devs are directly contradicting themselves.

Meanwhile in the Nute Gunray change explanation:
    The wording states “each turn”, which means that Nute’s ability should be triggering the first time a character gets a Critical Hit on their turn, not on assists, which is what is happening.

CG_NotReallyAJedi clearly states that the abilities should not be triggered on assists, just on their own turn, but some how Han is triggering on turns not his own? The explanations are not matching up.

TY ;)
  • Lugo
    417 posts Member
    EVERYONE HOLD OFF ON ZETA'ING HAN UNTIL EA FIGURES OUT WHAT "EACH TURN" MEANS!

Don't say I didn't warn you if they hit Han with a Nerf Hammer. ;)
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member

Haha, said by the perfect man to say it. However, it has been noted what each turn means

• Lugo
    417 posts Member
    Ender22 wrote: »

Haha, said by the perfect man to say it. However, it has been noted what each turn means

Read what CG_NotReallyAJedi says "Each Turn" means
  • zombiwan_kenobi
    427 posts Member
    edited August 2017

So it only prevents him from retaliating twice when hit by additional shots such as DT or Ezra for example. It would have been quite powerful indeed.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    edited August 2017

Read what CG_NotReallyAJedi says "Each Turn" means

Right, and there they put in the word "their", so as to say each of "their" turns.

Unfortunately, nothing good can be said about the nutini situation. That was a clear nerf that they lied and said was a bug. Maybe the writer wrote the wrong wording, idk. But it was a lie.

However, here, we have clear confirmation from CG that each turn includes "ally and enemy" turns alike.