Content update 8/9 [Mega]

Replies

• Torin_Woodle
    464 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    The event will be back though because it has achievements (example: complete tier VII of the artist of war event, meaning the Thrawn event will return) when, I have no idea
  • The event will be back though because it has achievements (like complete tier VII of the artist of war event) when, I have no idea

I still haven't seen the Days of Spring back yet. (An achievement that cannot be achieved unless you played at that time.)
  • the real issue is when the heck is Jar Jar Binks going to be in the game? He was one of the most crucial characters in the star wars universe.
  • Toben
    68 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    Are you going to provide some way of getting these characters more quickly?

Yes!

Some ways that don't require $$ to get? :)

The Heroes Journey is the first event in the history of the game with requirements of this caliber. While we understand these are some hefty requirements, remember this is just a Hotfix update! :) For more information on what Hotfix updates mean, give our Game Update Changes post a look <<HERE>> a click.

Our following Content update is coming soon and will shed more light on the various methods we're implementing to help Players along to make this journey a good one.

Gee Kozi, that was a lot of words, turns out you could've just said "No" and saved yourself a bunch of typing.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    Will it be a week? Why isn't the end date part of the post? Beginning and end date are announced with every other event.

This is what i was looking into has it been announced for Legendary events?

In the content updates, on the forums, yes the end dates have been announced. I just verified it with the Thrawn event and the Ewok events. Both Forum updates have end dates in the announcement. It usually doesn't show in game until it starts though.

i was trying to find the first one. the yoda one. This event is different and therefore will follow a slightly different path. this could be why we are not seeing the end time. just a thought.
  • IgneoMorte wrote: »
    The event will be back though because it has achievements (like complete tier VII of the artist of war event) when, I have no idea

I still haven't seen the Days of Spring back yet. (An achievement that cannot be achieved unless you played at that time.)

What in saying only applies to events
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Faroer wrote: »
    Great update, very disappointed that this event is high pressure farm like phoenix was, but no double drops or shard shop availability. Don't mind the pressure farm at all, do mind only explicitly P2W options to speed up. Puts many toons just out of reach without a little help.

I just want to point out that F2P who have been playing for a while can also get him. its not only P2P who will be able to get him. Time = Money.

Kyno He didn't say CLS was strictly P2P, he said he didn't like the explicitly only P2P ways to speed up the process for those that were just out of reach.

I understand, but this is the nature of the game. Events require a certain amount of investment. for some it is time and others its money. There really is no inbetween, there is only ever an explicit P2W option to speed up.

I know, and I totally understand that, but there's no need to call him out for being angry that only p2p will get CLS when that's not what he said at all. Just be mindful of how things are worded.

sorry. I in no way stated or implied he was angry. Sorry for the miscommunication.
  • IgneoMorte wrote: »
    The event will be back though because it has achievements (like complete tier VII of the artist of war event) when, I have no idea

And I got that achievement. The system works.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Great update, very disappointed that this event is high pressure farm like phoenix was, but no double drops or shard shop availability. Don't mind the pressure farm at all, do mind only explicitly P2W options to speed up. Puts many toons just out of reach without a little help.

I just want to point out that F2P who have been playing for a while can also get him. its not only P2P who will be able to get him. Time = Money.

Kyno He didn't say CLS was strictly P2P, he said he didn't like the explicitly only P2P ways to speed up the process for those that were just out of reach.

I understand, but this is the nature of the game. Events require a certain amount of investment. for some it is time and others its money. There really is no inbetween, there is only ever an explicit P2W option to speed up.

I know, and I totally understand that, but there's no need to call him out for being angry that only p2p will get CLS when that's not what he said at all. Just be mindful of how things are worded.

sorry. I in no way stated or implied he was angry. Sorry for the miscommunication.

It's all good, I was just trying to make sure he didn't get the short end of the stick there and I didn't mean any offense to you either.
    Will it be a week? Why isn't the end date part of the post? Beginning and end date are announced with every other event.

In the content updates, on the forums, yes the end dates have been announced. I just verified it with the Thrawn event and the Ewok events. Both Forum updates have end dates in the announcement. It usually doesn't show in game until it starts though.

i was trying to find the first one. the yoda one. This event is different and therefore will follow a slightly different path. this could be why we are not seeing the end time. just a thought.

As for the event dates, they're probably not telling us the end date yet on purpose. This event is clearly a little bit more special and also far more hyped. Leaving it a little mysterious probably helps the hype build and increases the pressure a little bit. While that clearly frustrates some here, it probably excites some others. I guess we just have to wait and see. Too bad I'll probably be asleep when the event becomes active :lol:
  • Kyno wrote: »

I thought Yoda was also a Legendary Event like Thrawn.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member

Yeah, but the first time the Yoda event came out it was the very first event of that kind, just like how this Luke event is the very first of its kind. Thrawn was the third legendary event so we already knew how long legendary events lasted so there was no reason to hide the end date from us. The very first yoda event we wouldn't have known how long legendary events lasted as there would've never been one before, so theres a possibility that they didn't tell us how long it was going to last until after it started.

Although I'm pretty sure the in-game newsletter when the first Yoda event came out specified the dates it was going to stay and then also the dates it was going to return, but I could be wrong.
  • Come on Dev's give us a Farming node for Old ben other then cantina... double drops or shard shop or something....

How about a farming node of any kind for Leia? Arena shards alone won't be enough for me.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

It's all good, I was just trying to make sure he didn't get the short end of the stick there and I didn't mean any offense to you either.

As for the event dates, they're probably not telling us the end date yet on purpose. This event is clearly a little bit more special and also far more hyped. Leaving it a little mysterious probably helps the hype build and increases the pressure a little bit. While that clearly frustrates some here, it probably excites some others. I guess we just have to wait and see. Too bad I'll probably be asleep when the event becomes active :lol:

yeah, i am hoping some more questions get answered as the event unfolds.
  • SchnauzerBaba
    67 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    "Why isn't the end date part of the post?"

Because they're "hoping" people will buying packs they might not need.
  • Vertigo wrote: »

Yeah, but the first time the Yoda event came out it was the very first event of that kind, just like how this Luke event is the very first of its kind. Thrawn was the third legendary event so we already knew how long legendary events lasted so there was no reason to hide the end date from us. The very first yoda event we wouldn't have known how long legendary events lasted as there would've never been one before, so theres a possibility that they didn't tell us how long it was going to last until after it started.

Although I'm pretty sure the in-game newsletter when the first Yoda event came out specified the dates it was going to stay and then also the dates it was going to return, but I could be wrong.

Ahhh. I get what you mean now.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Personally, I favor it binds all things and learn control zetas. And this is why. His leader zeta only gives 5% TM for each effect resisted by enemies . That would imply that your rebels all hit with buffs. (Another reason why bodhi rook and Old Ben are good with Luke)
    with his learn control, Luke gains 100% tenacity and 50% crit avoidance when he doesn't have call to action and gains 10 % TM when rebels take damage. And binds all things zeta adds 5% protection (health already at 5%) to Luke for every resisted effect. And he gains 10% TM for each debuff he inflict ps, and rebel allies get half.
    Thoughts?
  • Zommander Zuke Zkywalker? Let the battle begin!
  • Seriously, it binds all things looks good IMO.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    IMO, zeta order will go, both R2 abilities, Luke Leader ability, Han, OB, then the other Luke abilities
  • Well thanks for the no notice in advance.
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Won't have OB finished til Friday - still need 31 shards.

Trying to decide if worth waiting up tonight to get the first 5 of 6 stages done - or do we think you will need 7* full team for even stage 1?

Hoping its only for the final stage that you need them all at 7*

Edit: I know that all of the others you could start without 7* toons, but they all had 7 stages and only needed to get to stage 5 to unlock
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • This is really stupid. Fortunately, this time around, I already had everyone needed at 7* on the new hope squad and decent gear. But that's this time. Next super awesome exclusive toon, possibly or probably, won't be as lucky. Quit complaining or go play something else. Whine and whine about unfairness and those dirty developers, well then quit playing the game. Simple. Who cares if you don't get him this time around? I'm fairly certain I will, but have zero plans to gear him. I'm working on resistance and his release isn't going to change that. And let's not forget, it's one character that we are talking about unlocking. Even if he's the biggest game changer ever, who cares? The whales. The whales. But the whales will all get him and kick my butt cuz I don't have him... well shouldn't they? One character isn't going to change that. Be grateful for what you do get even if it's not the commander. Have clones? Guess what, your P4 score just went way up. Without even spending a zeta. Run Jedi? Old Ben looks like he'd be awesome now in a Jedi lineup. Grow up.
  • For all those wondering about gear levels.. Look like last tier is lvl85/g9.. https://swgoh.gg/db/events/luke-skywalker-heros-journey/
  • Daggerofmortis
    146 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Your_mom wrote: »
    This is really ****. Fortunately, this time around, I already had everyone needed at 7* on the new hope squad and decent gear. But that's this time. Next super awesome exclusive toon, possibly or probably, won't be as lucky. Quit complaining or go play something else. Whine and whine about unfairness and those dirty developers, well then quit playing the game. Simple. Who cares if you don't get him this time around? I'm fairly certain I will, but have zero plans to gear him. I'm working on resistance and his release isn't going to change that. And let's not forget, it's one character that we are talking about unlocking. Even if he's the biggest game changer ever, who cares? The whales. The whales. But the whales will all get him and kick my butt cuz I don't have him... well shouldn't they? One character isn't going to change that. Be grateful for what you do get even if it's not the commander. Have clones? Guess what, your P4 score just went way up. Without even spending a zeta. Run Jedi? Old Ben looks like he'd be awesome now in a Jedi lineup. Grow up.

You tell 'em
  • really **** me off that R2 is required for CLS. Asking for something that one can't even get within a stipulated time is NUTS. I would have spent $$ on Old Ben and crystals to gear them up, but since I can't get R2 past 5* I'm not bothering.

April '16 player btw: my non-usage of Empire hasn't hurt me until now.
  • mattv8221 wrote: »
    the real issue is when the heck is Jar Jar Binks going to be in the game? He was one of the most crucial characters in the star wars universe.

So funny
  • in before moved to mega thread or off topic
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • The journey pack...

Has anyone bought i
  • If I could choose which character dropped, I'd buy it in a split second! But I have every character at 7* besides STHS. Too much of a gamble that I'd get shards I don't need :(
  • really **** me off that R2 is required for CLS. Asking for something that one can't even get within a stipulated time is NUTS. I would have spent $$ on Old Ben and crystals to gear them up, but since I can't get R2 past 5* I'm not bothering.

April '16 player btw: my non-usage of Empire hasn't hurt me until now.

Your last sentence shows you who you should be mad at.