Heroic Pit Raid guild strategy ideas

Brainsym
127 posts Member
edited June 2017
Im in this new guild, and we started doing the heroic pit raid recently. The whole raid finishes in a few hours, and many don't get a chance to have a crack at it. No one is strong enough to solo it yet but some of us are stronger than others. And its causing a bit of tension with some guys.

- That said, im interested in hearing what strategies does your guild implement for the Heroic pit?

In my pervious guild we agreed that everyone would attack with one team first then 12 hours after the raid starts we have an open season to finish it off.

Others allocate memebers for each phase

Again no one can solo it yet. The max damage people get is around 1.5-1.7M with one team.

Keen on hearing ideas. Not ideas about soloing it please.

Replies

• Philan81
    190 posts Member
    Just started completing it too.
    Here is what i implemented as both tactics and rewards for all
    0 damage for 24 hours.
    Phase one a few tm reduction teams.
    Phase two/three - 1 team each
    Phase four - free for all.
    Seems to be working well.
  • Ansroff
    283 posts Member
    Absolutely first and foremost you need to add a 24 hour "zero damage" phase! Every successful guild does this and it's incredibly useful. So you send in one character to die, without doing ANY damage, and you register a "0" on the score tracker. The next day when it's defeated, even if you're in last place, you get a reward! There's no reason a guild member can't get in within the 24 hour period to do this, particularly if it's scheduled.

Now, get Discord on your devices and communicate there rather than in game where comments get buried by in-game spam. Do it! You won't regret it!
  • ilNomad
    236 posts Member
    In my guild we are fairly strict on a 500k damage tops per player. That means around 25% of pig's health. We account for human mistake, but anyone over a mil damage gets immediately kicked. We're a fairly easy-going guild, lot of us could have easily quit for a HAAT raid guild, so kicking a higher level player isn't a very big deal to us if they're not respecting the rest of the guild and letting everyone hit.
  • Brainsym
    127 posts Member
    Ansroff wrote: »
    Absolutely first and foremost you need to add a 24 hour "zero damage" phase! Every successful guild does this and it's incredibly useful. So you send in one character to die, without doing ANY damage, and you register a "0" on the score tracker. The next day when it's defeated, even if you're in last place, you get a reward! There's no reason a guild member can't get in within the 24 hour period to do this, particularly if it's scheduled.

Now, get Discord on your devices and communicate there rather than in game where comments get buried by in-game spam. Do it! You won't regret it!

Thats a great insight thank you. The 24 hour no damage phase is a very good idea.

But how do you cap peoples attack scores after when its open for attacks?
  • Syrath
    129 posts Member
    We do a 24 hour 0 damage so everyone gets to register. After 24 hours at 7:10 we start p1 where if you die or escape hold your damage till 7:30, then start p2 something for 20 mins the phase lasts everyone hold their damage till end time, and so on. It allows everyone to pick a phase they have a team for and those that aren't ready can use p2 to knock down the door and register some damage.

It works out really well for those that can solo it they just hold their damage till the ending time. Everyone gets a crack at their preferred phase.

It does take some communication and practice but it works out well.
  • Brainsym
    127 posts Member
    ilNomad wrote: »
    In my guild we are fairly strict on a 500k damage tops per player. That means around 25% of pig's health. We account for human mistake, but anyone over a mil damage gets immediately kicked. We're a fairly easy-going guild, lot of us could have easily quit for a HAAT raid guild, so kicking a higher level player isn't a very big deal to us if they're not respecting the rest of the guild and letting everyone hit.

How do you manage who gets in the first three positions tho? Because people who are able to do more damage also want a crack at the top three rewards.
  • Brainsym
    127 posts Member
    Syrath wrote: »
    We do a 24 hour 0 damage so everyone gets to register. After 24 hours at 7:10 we start p1 where if you die or escape hold your damage till 7:30, then start p2 something for 20 mins the phase lasts everyone hold their damage till end time, and so on. It allows everyone to pick a phase they have a team for and those that aren't ready can use p2 to knock down the door and register some damage.

It works out really well for those that can solo it they just hold their damage till the ending time. Everyone gets a crack at their preferred phase.

It does take some communication and practice but it works out well.

Thats cool, but what sounded confusing is what do you mean you hold off till 7.30? Do you mean at 7.10 everyone gets a crack at it with one team, and if the phase is still there at 7.30 have a crack at it again till p1 is finished. Then start P2 with the same process?
    Am i getting it right ? coz forgive me i got confused a bit there lol
  • We have just got here as well and we do the 0 damage 24 hr rule and then all out finish in 30-60 minutes. We're now trying to schedule them better in advance as well to start at 9ET on Wed and Sat and the "all in" would fall on Thu and Sunday the same time. Hoping to take a crack at Heroic AAT in August.
  • Ansroff
    283 posts Member
    Brainsym wrote: »

Thats a great insight thank you. The 24 hour no damage phase is a very good idea.

I didn't bother mentioning because you don't have anyone that can solo, but perhaps I misunderstood? Here's our layout. We hit the PIT 3 days a week, including the 3 other days for no damage, and every other week we get a bonus PIT as well. On the attack days, it opens up at noon (for me, though most of my guild is doing it at 8pm in EU), so at 12 noon for example, you may post damage for your runs in phase 1 as long as you didn't solo the phase. Then at 12:10 you may post damage for phase 2, those who made it farther must still wait to post damage. Then phase 3 is open for damage post at 12:15. If we have anyone who can still solo the whole thing, they must wait until the rancor is defeated to post. That maximizes everyone's participation and is genius.

• ilNomad
    236 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Fair question, and I may not have a good answer for you for that. The top 3 spots rotate quite a bit, but there is no active communication on who gets them (again pretty easy going, and most of us are more focused on AAT raid gear I think). Theoretically, though, if everyone sticks to a damage cap, communicating about who gets top 3 spots shouldn't be a big deal. Most of us have to try hard to get a team to hit 500k only, even with only basics, so getting 3 people to edge to the top in the last phase, for example, is doable.
  • Brainsym
    127 posts Member
    mikkonator wrote: »
    We have just got here as well and we do the 0 damage 24 hr rule and then all out finish in 30-60 minutes. We're now trying to schedule them better in advance as well to start at 9ET on Wed and Sat and the "all in" would fall on Thu and Sunday the same time. Hoping to take a crack at Heroic AAT in August.

Oh ok, so you allow everyone to go all out once the 24 hour cool down is finished. That does sound like a likeable solution to my guild lol
  • Brainsym
    127 posts Member
    Fair question, and I may not have a good answer for you for that. The top 3 spots rotate quite a bit, but there is no active communication on who gets them (again pretty easy going, and most of us are more focused on AAT raid gear I think). Theoretically, though, if everyone sticks to a damage cap, communicating about who gets top 3 spots shouldn't be a big deal. Most of us have to try hard to get a team to hit 500k only, even with only basics, so getting 3 people to edge to the top in the last phase, for example, is doable.

Ok fair enough, thanks for your help :)
  • Ansroff wrote: »
    ...If we have anyone who can still solo the whole thing, they must wait until the rancor is defeated to post. That maximizes everyone's participation and is genius.

Forgive my ignorance, but...you can register Damage after the Rancor is defeated?

Also, how does that work from Phase to Phase? Example: Players A & B finish Phase 1 & start Phase 2. Do both players get damage from Phase 1?

Thanks in advance!
  • ilNomad
    236 posts Member

Ok fair enough, thanks for your help :)

Should ofc clarify: after 25-30 guildies hit the rancor it's open season. Good luck!
  • AzZiEs1212
    137 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    We have a 1 team rule. Heavy hitters hit phase1 at the same time so damage overlaps. We let one preselected member finish Phase 1 and rotate the top three every raid. Then once phase 1 is finished he/she pulls out or dies immediately. Then the weaker members finish off Phases 2-4. No 24 hr 0 damage rule so everyone gets to hit it, including our 2 UK guys and a few working swing and graveyard shifts. Raid rewards are still collected 24 after start.
  • Brainsym
    127 posts Member

I didn't bother mentioning because you don't have anyone that can solo, but perhaps I misunderstood? Here's our layout. We hit the PIT 3 days a week, including the 3 other days for no damage, and every other week we get a bonus PIT as well. On the attack days, it opens up at noon (for me, though most of my guild is doing it at 8pm in EU), so at 12 noon for example, you may post damage for your runs in phase 1 as long as you didn't solo the phase. Then at 12:10 you may post damage for phase 2, those who made it farther must still wait to post damage. Then phase 3 is open for damage post at 12:15. If we have anyone who can still solo the whole thing, they must wait until the rancor is defeated to post. That maximizes everyone's participation and is genius.

Nice, yes i do understand it, and yes you did understand right about not being able to solo the whole raid. But some can solo phases. For example, i started in phase 1 and there was like 31% left. But my toons kept going until, phase 1 finished and phase two started automatically and they bit a chunk of that phase too. I ended up with 1.7M damage and everyone thought i used two teams which wasnt the case.

Point made, it would be hard to regulate it phase to phase :$
  • Forgive my ignorance, but...you can register Damage after the Rancor is defeated?

Also, how does that work from Phase to Phase? Example: Players A & B finish Phase 1 & start Phase 2. Do both players get damage from Phase 1?

Thanks in advance!

@Das_Blainiac , yes. When the final phase falls, you will see a 1 hour cooldown period as the game tallies everything and finalizes rewards. If you had a long run where you did say 6 million damage, which gets you somewhere into P3, you just wait until someone announces the whole raid is finished. Then you can let the Rancor deal the final blow and defeat your team. The damage gets logged.

Your second question is very related. In your scenario, yes, players A & B get their damage from p1. In our guild, we've got six or seven guys who are able to solo P1 piggies. We all go in after the 24 hour zero damage window and start our attacks at the same time. By the time we've soloed P1, the other guild members have actually finished P1 with their smaller attacks. They all get their damage, and their damage killed the Captain. The others of us who soloed it and are still fighting P2 and onward still get credit for damage when our run ends, but the damage did not play into the actual damage against the Pig. Does this make sense? This then is why higher players can all solo the Rancor in the same guild with 10.3 million damage.

• Brainsym
    127 posts Member
    ...If we have anyone who can still solo the whole thing, they must wait until the rancor is defeated to post. That maximizes everyone's participation and is genius.

Forgive my ignorance, but...you can register Damage after the Rancor is defeated?

Thanks in advance!

I think what ansroff means is that, everyone attacks at the same time, but in the end you hold off regestering the damage untill everyone had their final go.
    Example players A-Z all start at the same time. Players A & B are able to solo the remaining phase(s) they enter the battle and dont attack until like half an hour or so passes, then they attack, and finish it off...

Or atleast thats what i understood, loll
  • Brainsym
    127 posts Member

Thanks in advance!

@Das_Blainiac , yes. When the final phase falls, you will see a 1 hour cooldown period as the game tallies everything and finalizes rewards. If you had a long run where you did say 6 million damage, which gets you somewhere into P3, you just wait until someone announces the whole raid is finished. Then you can let the Rancor deal the final blow and defeat your team. The damage gets logged.

Your second question is very related. In your scenario, yes, players A & B get their damage from p1. In our guild, we've got six or seven guys who are able to solo P1 piggies. We all go in after the 24 hour zero damage window and start our attacks at the same time. By the time we've soloed P1, the other guild members have actually finished P1 with their smaller attacks. They all get their damage, and their damage killed the Captain. The others of us who soloed it and are still fighting P2 and onward still get credit for damage when our run ends, but the damage did not play into the actual damage against the Pig. Does this make sense? This then is why higher players can all solo the Rancor in the same guild with 10.3 million damage.

That is a way better answer than mine... Yes it makes sense that way... Thanks alot :)
  • Ansroff
    283 posts Member
    Sounds like it got squared away, sorry I wasn't clear enough. These are great tactics, and every guild should be practicing them. Good luck with everything!
  • Brainsym
    127 posts Member
    Sounds like it got squared away, sorry I wasn't clear enough. These are great tactics, and every guild should be practicing them. Good luck with everything!

Indeed, thanks for your help. Much appreciated :)
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Once FFA goes its over in under half hour... only real way to ensure everyone gets rewards of some kind is 24h reg

We used to have a rule if you didnt have 7* han you could only zero register but since most have him now and hes useless we just do full ffa after 24h.... besides rewards are all down to RNG.. ive got more complete pieces registering zero as opposed to 1st
  • @Andst_Cosai , @Brainsym, @Ansroff

Thanks for taking the time to explain. Really helps a lot.

We have a few players who can solo certain phases. I've been concerned about how damage applies from Phase to Phase, especially when you take solos into account.

Thanks again. Very much!
  • Ansroff
    283 posts Member
    Absolutely. Good luck!
  • How about the devs just update the heroic pit raid. Its a Guild killer.. and all your advise is worthless
  • Heroic pit is too easy, and needs to be updated
  • Heroic pit is too easy, and needs to be updated

I stand by this. why do we have to restrict the entire guild to lose members who constantly loose gear and hapless solo shards and be restrictive with leader restraints to play a game we put money into to do your dam job