Content update 8/9 [Mega]

Replies

• MCThr33pio wrote: »
    This these crystal pack suck too much rng too them.

The way I see it, there's too LITTLE rng in these packs. They say 10 to 330 shards, but does ANYONE EVER get more than 15?

I agree with other people, these packs are jokes - just buy crystals and use them to refresh the nodes you're farming.

Works for old Ben or luke, not for leia

This

Those are the two i need and am 100% sure i will see leia and sth. Lol
  • Jamesm wrote: »
    Güd wrote: »
    ive been aggressively farming old ben for the past 4-5 days, only to find out the event is out now and will likely finish in a week. whats the point? does anyone else think these big events should have clear date indicators, so people know whether to aggressively farm or to hold back untill the next one? i even sank money (something I havent done before) into crystals for refreshes. now my moneys been wasted because im not going to be able to do it in time. thanks a lot.

Yeah I agree, dude. From my perspective as a F2P player, they need to let us know a few months in advance. It take a while to get these characters up to par, but you know, CG doesn't like to communicate well with their community so it's not that surprising honestly. It's just frustrating.

They did give you a few months. Now if you expect a few months with exact details i dont know what to tell you. There's not much point to an elite charcter if they let everyone know that far in advance.

They only gave you a few months and no one else.
  • Jamesm wrote: »
    UpsetGamer wrote: »
    I just bought 50 dollars worth of crystals, got 10,12 and 15 shards.!!!!! 10 faction passes bought, 50 dollars down the drain and they gave me 10,12 and 15 effing shards. I am absolutely livid, I should have checked the forum to see others make this mistake before I did. I couldnt be more disappointed with how unfair and ridiculously selfish this company could be. I created this account to specifically spread the word about how ridiculous this is and I will not rest until I get my moneys worth or they pay me back. I dont care if they take the shards back, this is not okay.

Based on what? They didnt lie to you. It's called gambling.

Well if he only got 10, 12, and 15 shards when he bought 10 packs he should be mad. If 7 of my packs were empty I'd be upset too.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Jamesm wrote: »
    UpsetGamer wrote: »
    I just bought 50 dollars worth of crystals, got 10,12 and 15 shards.!!!!! 10 faction passes bought, 50 dollars down the drain and they gave me 10,12 and 15 effing shards. I am absolutely livid, I should have checked the forum to see others make this mistake before I did. I couldnt be more disappointed with how unfair and ridiculously selfish this company could be. I created this account to specifically spread the word about how ridiculous this is and I will not rest until I get my moneys worth or they pay me back. I dont care if they take the shards back, this is not okay.

Based on what? They didnt lie to you. It's called gambling.

Well if he only got 10, 12, and 15 shards when he bought 10 packs he should be mad. If 7 of my packs were empty I'd be upset too.

I dont think he accurately portrayed that. Youre guaranteed 10 shards.
  • I'm looking at the individual pack, and they do give 80 shards. If you're close & 80 will put you over the top, by all means buy it. I need OB but I know I'll 7* him by the time this event comes back around.
  • Old Ben is the only required toon I don't have ready for Journey begins. I currently am 24/65 shards toward 5*. Even if I pay the $19.99 and get 80 more shards, I will still only be at 44/80 (not even that close to 6*, let alone anywhere near 7*). It's my understanding this event lasts about a week. Given the tepid drop rates in Cantina for Old Ben, I don't have much confidence in making up the remaining difference in time, making that $20 spent a waste.
  • Farm his shards, and see where you get, if you get close enough, then decide
  • MedicRyan
    25 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I bought 2 packs of wicket because i wanted him at 4 stars. My second pack was good. 145 shards. So it does happen.
  • You have to do 3 cantina refreshes a day. I recommend farming the 12 energy node. I know people will say it doesn't matter what node or how you sim, but I do the best simming 2 or 3 battles at a time. I end up with a lot more shards than if I sim 20 some battles at once.
  • Hi all.
    My doubt is: as I only have Old ben at 5*...impossible to 7* him before the event ends (my drop rates are poor af), when is the event going to return (if it returns)? Do you think am I going to miss JKL too?
  • You have to do 3 cantina refreshes a day. I recommend farming the 12 energy node. I know people will say it doesn't matter what node or how you sim, but I do the best simming 2 or 3 battles at a time. I end up with a lot more shards than if I sim 20 some battles at once.

The 12 energy node has been equally stingy...at least to me.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    The drop rate is the same for both nodes. If you're desperate for OB1, you should most definitely be spamming the 8 energy node.
  • my drops rate for oh has been awful as well
  • 8 energy all the way
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    5 x 0 = Zero. Well at least u have more chance now to get (more?) shard.
    I dunno, I went 4/5 on Baze's hard nodes today. Seems worthwhile to me.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Count on 10 for the character you don't need and then decide whether it's worth it. You are taking a big risk with your money here.
  • Never tell me the odds! - Han Solo
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    The drop rate is the same for both nodes. If you're desperate for OB1, you should most definitely be spamming the 8 energy node.

Like I said, people will say it doesn't matter what node or how you sim, drop rates are the same. I've been playing this game for a long time and I've always gotten more luck farming things 2 or 3 at a time than simming all my energy at once. And I've always had better drop rates farming gear from the highest level node than a node from a lower level. It is possible that I get the same amount of gear per energy spent, but after 400 days of refreshes I'm pretty confident in the trend I've experienced.
  • Lugo
    417 posts Member
    Old Ben is the only required toon I don't have ready for Journey begins. I currently am 24/65 shards toward 5*. Even if I pay the $19.99 and get 80 more shards, I will still only be at 44/80 (not even that close to 6*, let alone anywhere near 7*). It's my understanding this event lasts about a week. Given the tepid drop rates in Cantina for Old Ben, I don't have much confidence in making up the remaining difference in time, making that $20 spent a waste.

Farm him from cantina. If on last day of Luke event you are less then 80 shards away from 7☆ him then buy. Would suck if you bought it now and ended up not 7☆ at end of event.
  • dad2my3 wrote: »
    Count on 10 for the character you don't need and then decide whether it's worth it. You are taking a big risk with your money here.

A very good way to look at it.....save yourself the sadness and dont worry about CLS peeps...the rngesus is not the same for all of us no matter what the "lucky ones" say lol
  • Hikari
    212 posts Member
    Honestly, I want to buy the Farmboy pack...but I am at 51/100 on him. With the ability to get him on an early Cantina node as well as a hard battle (now with the ability to do it 5 times instead of 3) and his appearance in the Guild Store I know I will get him..but I want CLS as soon as he's available in less than 3 hours..

Look at the rewards your going to get 55 farmboy shards on the lower tiers of the event.
  • Hikari wrote: »
    Honestly, I want to buy the Farmboy pack...but I am at 51/100 on him. With the ability to get him on an early Cantina node as well as a hard battle (now with the ability to do it 5 times instead of 3) and his appearance in the Guild Store I know I will get him..but I want CLS as soon as he's available in less than 3 hours..

Look at the rewards your going to get 55 farmboy shards on the lower tiers of the event.

Sorry mate those are CLS shards not Farmboy shards. You won't get farmboy in the event

Also where are all the guys on time zones in front of GMT. Surely the event is already open for them ?
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Hikari wrote: »

Sorry mate those are CLS shards not Farmboy shards. You won't get farmboy in the event

Also where are all the guys on time zones in front of GMT. Surely the event is already open for them ?

It's a global release so same time for everyone.
  • Hikari wrote: »

T minus 26 mins for me (GMT+1).

I noticed one of the achievements is facing Vader in the event, so he will be one of the enemies for sure.
  • 20 mins to go for me...
  • 12 min to sadness if the event is only 7 days...
  • 1Borovic1
    3 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    The problem is that they (EA) don't treat every player equal. How players like me (playing 5-6months) can get r2d2? We didn't know that he will be needed at 7*.... How can I collect 5 char of empire having only 7 days? (R2D2 event is 7 days).
    This is absurd!!! I spend some money for game and now I feel kittened...
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Really?
  • jarael
    107 posts Member
    i'm so disappointed i don't even feel like trying