Content update 8/9 [Mega]

Replies

• I literally only need 15 more Farmboy shards so that I can complete this event and get CLS and I can't at this point. Now I must wait until tomorrow, or get lucky with his drop rates in Guild Store..of course, I have no right to complain
  • Luke is a login character. The last shards of farmboy we'll get in the end of August. So why Commander Luke's event is not till the end of the month?!
  • 7 star Ben on Tier V. That's me done till the next time...
  • 7 Days for the event but you can continue buying the bundles & packs for 14 days

Makes total sense....
  • DOUBLE DROPS urgently needed!!!
  • Anton23 wrote: »
    Luke is a login character. The last shards of farmboy we'll get in the end of August. So why Commander Luke's event is not till the end of the month?!

Ill agree with this. Why give a boost through daily log in when the majority of the shards are after the event
  • 7 Days for the event but you can continue buying the bundles & packs for 14 days

Makes total sense....

Probably because of their reworks..Now that they are all Zeta'd, they are "better"..most of them sure, but Farmboy still just isn't
  • No double drops, no shard shop, no warnings, event doesnt extend through the month. Just frustrating. Such a let down that the most anticipated character in the game was just turned into another cash grab.
  • OutOfOrder
    34 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    The best comment I've read for now...
    "if you can't unlock Commander Luke Skywalker, then you don't deserve him!"
  • Kaytub wrote: »
    No double drops, no shard shop, no warnings, event doesnt extend through the month. Just frustrating. Such a let down that the most anticipated character in the game was just turned into another cash grab.

Totally agree with you
  • They have failed with Thrawn in June, so only P2P players could get him 7*. Similiar with Luke, are they going to make the game P2P?
  • Kaytub wrote: »
    No double drops, no shard shop, no warnings, event doesnt extend through the month. Just frustrating. Such a let down that the most anticipated character in the game was just turned into another cash grab.

Don't forget less than 6 days notice before the event started.
  • Anton23 wrote: »
    Luke is a login character. The last shards of farmboy we'll get in the end of August. So why Commander Luke's event is not till the end of the month?!
    7 Days for the event but you can continue buying the bundles & packs for 14 days

Makes total sense....

I would be intetested in an explanation from cg why this is the case. And why they only gave week's warning of the 7* characters thatvwould be needed. @CG_Kozispoon
  • Laserbrain
    149 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    its not marked as extremely rare event ! (thats a good thing isnt it ?)
  • Eh, I'll get him next time
  • @CG_Kozispoon

Is the event going to repeat at all in August? 7 days long just doesn't make sense. The packs are available for 14 days. Luke's shards are available until the end of the month. The way things are, even if I buy an Old Ben pack I won't have enough shards by next week. And like many in the game, I've been working my butt off to get him ready since you announced he was needed...8 days ago.

I really appreciate all the hard work you and the other Devs do and really enjoy the game. I'm just left so confused.
  • Hikari
    212 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Hikari wrote: »
    Honestly, I want to buy the Farmboy pack...but I am at 51/100 on him. With the ability to get him on an early Cantina node as well as a hard battle (now with the ability to do it 5 times instead of 3) and his appearance in the Guild Store I know I will get him..but I want CLS as soon as he's available in less than 3 hours..

Look at the rewards your going to get 55 farmboy shards on the lower tiers of the event.

Sorry mate those are CLS shards not Farmboy shards. You won't get farmboy in the event

Also where are all the guys on time zones in front of GMT. Surely the event is already open for them ?

Your right I was kitten. 2am here
  • That was a genuinely fantastic event.

Thanks CG.

My CLS is max gear and abilities.
  • Hikari
    212 posts Member
    Ok that was a great event. Please make these and the Yoda, EP, and Thrawn repeatable.
  • Great job devs! Excellent event!
    Go Pens!
  • Yup, loved it. Farming gear for CLS now :)
  • Just wondering if CG would take back August by letting the CLS event return in the last week of August.

It would add tons of humor to the running gag. Think of all the "When will CLS event return" threads that are dripping in by now that get answered with "August".

I for one would take my hat off if they'd pull such a stunt. I wouldn't gamble on it and keep farming Ben like crazy, but I'll stock some popcorn just in case :-)
  • OutOfOrder wrote: »
    The best comment I've read for now...
    "if you can't unlock Commander Luke Skywalker, then you don't deserve him!"

I cannot stand behind that. That is coming straight from the mouths of the "I can get him, so everyone else needs to stop complaining" people. Anyone who was smart with their farming or didnt start off playing this game in 2015 didnt have Luke or Old Ben ready. Im sure the devs knew that and yet they still gave the majority of their player base a big middle finger with this event. Ewoks were fun, whatever, but this is just terrible communication on their part when it comes to parts of the game that actually matter. And I know for a fact my opinion on this does not stand alone.
  • And sure a lot of us will be able to get him next time around but we dont know when that is. It looks as if this game is heading more and more into the will of "how to wring the most cash out of the game" rather than "how to make this game so good that people want to spend money on it."

I guess I'm just fed up with the devs feeding all the best benefits of the game to the elitists and big spenders, continuing to extend the gap between them and the rest of their player base.
  • Oberon1066 wrote: »
    7 star Ben on Tier V. That's me done till the next time...

Same. If it went to the end of the month I'd be able to farm him to 7*. Which is impossible to do with 3 cantina refreshes a day for a week.
  • Awesome event! Thank you!
  • Thanks ea no double drops. Wow thats amazing.
  • Yeah every time I go 0 for on farming Ben shards the knife gets deeper and deeper.