Hero's Journey Event Discussion

Replies

• Excellent event, very nice way to run thru the various highlights, and lots of fun to play.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    My StHan took one for the team as well. He's a naked g11. Lol.
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Gear 9, i basically had 90% health remaining by the time the sacrifice skill was off cool down. With less gear (7), it should he just as easy.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    So, since this is fresh in our minds...what have we learned? Answer: if you haven't 7* any main character ESB toons yet, now would probably be a good time to start working on them. I only hope we don't get some weird Lobot solo level.
  • I was able to complete it after switching from Han leader to Leia.

HAN G10. All other G9. Mediocre to above average mods.
  • Quick question: What are the requirement unit for T6 actually? I'm still on T4 atm.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Tiali wrote: »
    All of your input would be greatly appreciated. That would help me very much to decide whether to buy Ben shards now, hehe.

Can't even enter if not 7*. That should be all you need to know.
    The event will return, so don't sweat it if you can't quite get there. Just keep getting ready until then. Don't wait for an announcement 2 days beforehand. Fwiw, g11 StHan/Leia, G8 Luke, G9 Ben/R2 with some pretty meh mods was enough for me.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Yes. On the timer counting down in game.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    I used whatever the AI picked.
  • I used Farmboy (non-zeta) in every tier, worked out fine, but most were g10-11. For lower gear, last tier might be more easily done with STH's, and the Luke/Leia tier with Leia's leadership.
  • Tiali
    42 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Klocko wrote: »
    Tiali wrote: »
    All of your input would be greatly appreciated. That would help me very much to decide whether to buy Ben shards now, hehe.

Can't even enter if not 7*. That should be all you need to know.
    The event will return, so don't sweat it if you can't quite get there. Just keep getting ready until then. Don't wait for an announcement 2 days beforehand. Fwiw, g11 StHan/Leia, G8 Luke, G9 Ben/R2 with some pretty meh mods was enough for me.

Thanks :) 7* is not the problem to me, Gear is. No point getting him to 7* if the gear is not enough for him to clear Tier V. For the other Tiers I have Gear 10-11 Toons to carry the rest :)

Edit: I'm not sure why mods merged my original thread with this. I asked specifically about the Gear level needed...
  • Old Ben, you sacrificed yourself too early. Luke's still kissing his sister and swinging across that mine shaft. Try again and die later this time
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • G9 is more than enough.
  • BigBoloney wrote: »
    My Old Ben is gear 9. Before I go crazy farming OB to 7*, will I be able to beat tier 5mwith my G9 OB?

The cost to bring OB to G10 is steep.

I have decent secondary speed mods, 12-15 on each mod.

Thanks

Did it withe gear 8 average mods so you should have no issues
  • Masuk wrote: »
    I don't know but his attacks are doing absolutely no damage at all... might as well be a chat window

You can't kill Vader
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Devs, great event so far. Got to the one needing the old man that most never farm. Still, it was great to see the quotes from the movie and how each level needed different toons. Also, the rewards for each level are great as well.

Now to just try and farm Ben up to 7 stars in a week ... double drops please?
  • BigBoloney wrote: »
    My Old Ben is gear 9. Before I go crazy farming OB to 7*, will I be able to beat tier 5mwith my G9 OB?

The cost to bring OB to G10 is steep.

I have decent secondary speed mods, 12-15 on each mod.

Thanks

Yes
  • Anyone who as all four people in Gear 9 able to complete it? I have tried level 5 mods of every flavor, Crit / Crit damage teams, speed teams, health and protection teams. I've tried Han Lead, Leia Lead, I can depending on RNG kill one maybe two stormtroopers on phase 3. Am I missing something with everyone saying how big of a cake walk it is? What setups are you using mod wise
  • Keldo
    364 posts Member
    Would be good to get to play it over a couple times after beating it just for a bit of fun?
  • Dunno for me was a cake walk ... R2 G11 ST Han G11 and Luke and Leia both G8... had great mods on.
    Han lead R2 smoke on him all the time ... Leia and Luke cc cd sets R2 270+ speed mods and Han prot. mods...
  • @Devs : Vader - Ben fight was uber cool ... thank you on that one!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i really liked the old ben vs vader tier.
    On my ipad it was hard to use OB's basic without opening the chat though :p
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Skokolino wrote: »
    Dunno for me was a cake walk ... R2 G11 ST Han G11 and Luke and Leia both G8... had great mods on.
    Han lead R2 smoke on him all the time ... Leia and Luke cc cd sets R2 270+ speed mods and Han prot. mods...

G11 instead of G8, So, short answer to OP - No

• That was great!

Panicked a little bit.

Whaling away on Vader and thinking "why isn't he taking damage?...what does THIS ability do way over here?" Lol! Well done, gang!
  • DarthSootie
    86 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Lovely job, thank you for the nostalgia trip. But please allow us to play through again just for fun :)

Edit: Hi Carth!
    Ally Code: 753-789-771
  • @ OP sry misread post ... and gave you answer you don't need .. my bad...
    @ Spacestormy1 you don't need great mods to complete this event... just try until you get favorable rng ... this event can be completed G9 I am sure.
  • Carth_Onassi1973
    1704 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    R2, St Han, Leia and Luke all g11; only two with good mods were R2 and Leia because I use them in arena and raids, respectively. Should be doable at g9 with decent mods on everyone. You don't need super speed mods.
  • Was able to complete with a gear 10 han, gear 9 Leia,and gear 8 Luke and r2.

I used han lead and put speed arrow on Luke and Leila, full protection han. Try and hold Han's taunt til the last stage and power 1 or 2 guys down then just do it 1 by 1 like that.
  • I did it with all gear 8 no idea how hahaha