Content update 8/9 [Mega]

Replies

• Re: OP
    Ahahaahaahah no.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Luniz wrote: »
    Probably one time but even if not you will need luke for next big thing on game. Basically if you don't get it now your progress is over, you will fall too far out of arena to keep up. And probably fail territory battles.

Hahaha.... Woooo... Hahaha ah "$plutter* cough

Yup. This OP toon is going to destroy everyone on arena because it totally rules on defense. If you didn't get him this time, you should probably give up.

Just watch when it comes back in a month or two and everyone complains that it's not fair.
  • I had the exact same thought. Maybe just wishful thinking on my part since I need at least another week to be ready for CLS, but there's another week in August after the Yoda event is over and they were oh so hush hush about how long the event would last... Makes me wonder.

Glad to hear it's not just my tinfoil hat :-)
    But yeah, there's definitely something different with this event compared to let's say Thrawn. And they made a promise after Thrawn they would make future events less rushed...

Also notice that end date is still not adjusted in the Event post from Kozi...
  • at least give us an option to re-buy Old ben pack if you arent gonna do double drops.
    This.
  • ^^ bit ridiculous really
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Saxmarinio wrote: »
    ^^ bit ridiculous really

Its like ppl forgot thrawn already. He can solo rancor with just jyn
  • Kenbo wrote: »

I mean, yeah, that's cool and all but what does it matter that he can do it solo? Impressive, ok, but in the end, if you have Commander Luke that can do that you have Raid Han maxed out too.

Show me what he does against the Heroic Tank Raid.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Swordd
    161 posts Member
    Galdwynn wrote: »
    Well, message received. I'm already working on my First Order shards for the Last Jedi release. Don't think they won't do it. Start working those hard modes, because they are a pain to grind.

Thinking ahead and not waiting for ea to tell you exactly which characters to farm and by when? Shocking!
  • Okay...the 7 day duration is bad but other than that I like the event. Story/movie related is cool.
  • RacerDejak wrote: »
    GA_Phoenix wrote: »
    If you are lucky with cantinadrops, the shardshop and shipments it ist possible but its a fight against all odds.

But ... it is not as bad as many people think when you didnt get CLS this time, imho. What i've seen so far in Arena is not metachanging. On Defense CLS ist even worse then thrawn. :wink:

img-1410.jpg

Btw ... Chirrut is the missing toon in this pic. :smiley:

Well, u are right mate.. i'm pretty dissapointed :frowning:
    My arena mates already use him.. easy to beat rather than thrawn. Seems his AI default setting is he prioritize his buff first, then attack mode.

After fracture, thrawn is useless.. ppl says that it's become 4 vs 5 battle, but actually it's become 4 vs 4 battle bcause thrawn useless too same like fractured toon. But with commander luke.. i don't know.. I'm speechless :scream:

That's not true re Thrawn...Thrawn also counters..inflict ability block and stun.
  • Wondering when luke will come back since I won't get him this time.
  • He should be back by this time next year.

• Luniz wrote: »
    Prob one time only, no indicator that it should ever come back.

I really hope not.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Luniz wrote: »

I find this to be highly doubtful. He is a Legendary character, so I assume will be in rotation with Yoda, EP, R2, and Thrawn. 6 months?
  • evanbio wrote: »

I find this to be highly doubtful. He is a Legendary character, so I assume will be in rotation with Yoda, EP, R2, and Thrawn. 6 months?
    I think he would be back before that considering that is after the new assuming jkl will come before episode 8.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Within 6 months, I imagine.
  • Jamesm wrote: »
    ^^ bit ridiculous really

I don't doubt it. My personal view is that it seems silly that any single character can defeat by itself a game mode which was intended for multiple squads from an entire guild.

I know, for example, Zylo can go it alone, but at least he doesn't finish the raid by himself!
  • I hope R2 comes back before luke as well since he is required.
  • I'm good with it returning in 6 months. Not sure if I'll be ready in 3 though.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • They should give a second chance at the end of this nonth. But they will not do that.
    So is probably 6 months... or in the worser case one year.
    But it's not nice players playing for at least more than one year, we/they can not get it. And players who are playing for 6 months can get it.
    :neutral:
  • dsteve
    91 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    at least give us an option to re-buy Old ben pack if you arent gonna do double drops.
    Dark_Light wrote: »
    This.

Not this. They don't let you rebuy these rework packs. One time only, even when the come back. Like the troopers.
  • evanbio wrote: »

Nope. Once a year or possibly never again. He's not very useful in the game.
  • Should be back in December. It possible he might be a need character to get Jedi Luke. So get your R2 in order and be ready for commander luke when he came again December
  • 55/100 left for Leia and 4/250 on St. Han. 4.5 more days on Leia but 29 days left on St. Han. Can you bring the event back in 30 days?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Faroer wrote: »
    Great update, very disappointed that this event is high pressure farm like phoenix was, but no double drops or shard shop availability. Don't mind the pressure farm at all, do mind only explicitly P2W options to speed up. Puts many toons just out of reach without a little help.

This is nothing like the Phoenix event. All of the characters needed for the event, except R2, have been available for 18+ months.

As has already been stated, many f2p players have or will have CLS this time.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kenbo
    52 posts Member
    Jamesm wrote: »
    ^^ bit ridiculous really

I don't doubt it. My personal view is that it seems silly that any single character can defeat by itself a game mode which was intended for multiple squads from an entire guild.

I know, for example, Zylo can go it alone, but at least he doesn't finish the raid by himself!

+1
  • Honestly the difficulty of the last challenge is overkill. I have everyone needed to get him but because Luke, Leia and R2 are only G8, I probably wont get him. Which means those of us that dont get him now, will get him once he has been out for a while and highly nerfed.
  • Kenbo wrote: »

He solos him in game like he solo'd him in the movies. Only makes sense.