Content update 8/9 [Mega]

Replies

• Vekkares wrote: »
    Honestly the difficulty of the last challenge is overkill. I have everyone needed to get him but because Luke, Leia and R2 are only G8, I probably wont get him. Which means those of us that dont get him now, will get him once he has been out for a while and highly nerfed.

I doubt they nerf luke
  • I should be able to make it to last tier if I can get past tier 3 though. That'll at least put me only 55 shards short in case they release him to TB instead of rotating the event.
  • I know that everyone seems to agree it will be back but we haven't had any word from the devs..

So devs.. Will it be back?
  • I know I'm not a dev, but come on of course he'll be back, he has achievements and he is a big part of territory battles, they can't just lock up a big part of a gamemode forever.
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    It wouldn't surprise me if they do another before Territory Battles like the R2 event...
  • Please give us a credit heist so I can swap out some mods.
  • Twin wrote: »
    It wouldn't surprise me if they do another before Territory Battles like the R2 event...

That would be so awesome.
  • Twin wrote: »

I sincerely hope that happens but in all honesty I don't foresee it...Even if they returned the event for a shortened time span...I was under the impression that CLS would be "beneficial" for some battle in the Territory Battles (I completely understand that it can be won without him just sayin). If that's truly the case then sucks for us.
  • Xetal
    218 posts Member
    Event duration is sad.
  • Chokygreat
    27 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Hi everyone,

First of all i have almost 2 years playing this game as FTP the only reason i wont get CLK is "I dont like Old Ben", those meta miss fights were bored and neer farmed him, i dont like the way EA do it, but think a little, this game has been like this always, remember ewoks?? who had ewoks?? they are/were useless, remember Thrawn?? phoenix team still being bad, or R2D2, empire are great but hard to farm, besides, even before whit the mods update, i had 330 spped yoda that time XD, well.... all i want to say is "i know what i need so wont stop farming, cuz those events will come back sooner or later"

If u dont get CLK this time, dont get upset, just keep farming R2D2 an the others, remember there are a lot of new toons cooming, i would love a new darth vader, the jedi luke, C3PO, Snoke, Jar jar, dark barris,Revan, etc.

I would like that ppl could unlock CLK at 5 stars like all legendaryes so far, but not the case. good luck everyone.
  • TuncBlack
    407 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    @CG_Kozispoon

At your post you wrote
    The event start @10th august
    But you didnt write the finish date.

Is it 1 week? Or 2 week? As the bundle will expire at 2 week. Coukd you please verify The event will be min 2 week?

Thanks.
  • TuncBlack wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon

At your post you wrote

Is it 1 week? Or 2 week? As the bundle will expire at 2 week. Coukd you please verify The event will be min 2 week?

Thanks.

It says it when you go into event. 6d 12h left
  • TuncBlack
    407 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    TuncBlack wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon

At your post you wrote

Thanks.

It says it when you go into event. 6d 12h left

I think they did it for selling old ben :dizzy: hope they will fix it 2 week.

Comeon luke journey cant be that short. After all he is a hero. And heros need min 2 week lol

At least my princess say:
    O_GZSsjFHgzE8zB_dG36Hhr662F4UP_YUZM8VrAukydUhxeRvqZyI7JisnABIxQNI5kfqS4Oc2faCWzD5FIDtlRCcsfDjlEJAVJ1610sdnoG=w480-h206-nc
  • @CG_Kozispoon
    @CG_CapGaSP
    First of all, fantastic event for Luke. Props to the slow mo decision maker.

So I maxed CLS minutes after he came out and zeta'd both his uniques. Tried him in arena all day, tried him on a Wiggs, jyn, raid han rancor team and solo'd in just over five minutes.
    My shard is highly competitive and full of long term whales.

I can now safely say that Commander Luke is a perfect addition. He is not so overpowered that he cannot be defeated (like a lot of the players that won't get him seem to think). He adds many more viable options to arena but does not detract from any of the current meta options. His kit is fun and I enjoy playing him.

I also zetad Han Solo and he has easily become one of my favorite characters to use. He is now worthy of his raid exclusive title. And just like Commander Luke, he does not ruin the game but adds more options.

I look forward to Territory Battles and all future reworks. Especially if Grievous gets the Han Solo treatment.

(Also do a Korriban Territory Battle and Revan)

tumblr_njgxwrd0cB1qb1m9to1_500.gif
  • really people? events always last as long as the packs! look at the packs for how long the event will be here! its not that hard guys.

Except when it doesn't... ;)
  • Double Drops Please!!! Last week it sounded like they were going to have lots of methods of upgrading. Old Ben is the kicker for most in this event, as he is with me.
  • AeonWorm
    21 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Luke totally beats Rancor by himself in the movie, he should totally be able to do it in the game. "Get paid to tell the Truth Dog...It only makes Sense (cents)!"
  • IgneoMorte wrote: »
    Kenbo wrote: »

He solos him in game like he solo'd him in the movies. Only makes sense.

This is true.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Anyone have anything positive to say today?
  • CLS event was well laid out, fun to play and very enjoyable? :D
  • Do you?
  • I was only able to complete three tiers but I did enjoy how each tier related to the movie. That was very well done.
  • I think there were a lot of positive things said today. It depends on what you chose to focus your attention on.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • Do you?

Yep. I ranked 84 in arena today. New accomplishment for me. Feels good to be under 100.
  • Ben_Sunwalker
    351 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Im F2P.
    I took all the hints here and farmed all the characters do 7*, minus Old Ben who is 11 shards away.
    In order to complete the R2 event, I had to dump a kitten load of credits, gear and mods I had been saving for GK (1 shard away).
    With that said, I don't think I will be able to get CLS, simply because I probably won't have the materials needed for it.
    Am I upset? No.
    Did everything go to waste? Not at all, I now have a good empire team and was able to 3* all DS missions, which was cool.
    People just need to chill, it's a freaking game and if you are not having fun you are doing it wrong.
    Post edited by TyloRen on
  • Lugo wrote: »
    Old Ben is the only required toon I don't have ready for Journey begins. I currently am 24/65 shards toward 5*. Even if I pay the $19.99 and get 80 more shards, I will still only be at 44/80 (not even that close to 6*, let alone anywhere near 7*). It's my understanding this event lasts about a week. Given the tepid drop rates in Cantina for Old Ben, I don't have much confidence in making up the remaining difference in time, making that $20 spent a waste.

Farm him from cantina. If on last day of Luke event you are less then 80 shards away from 7☆ him then buy. Would suck if you bought it now and ended up not 7☆ at end of event.

Agreed.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    I'm stuck on level 72 on Commander Luke. I have the gear get him to GX, but I am out of credits.

I am positively happy that a credit heist will occur in 6-12 business days. :p
  • Calbear949 wrote: »
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    GA_Phoenix wrote: »
    If you are lucky with cantinadrops, the shardshop and shipments it ist possible but its a fight against all odds.

But ... it is not as bad as many people think when you didnt get CLS this time, imho. What i've seen so far in Arena is not metachanging. On Defense CLS ist even worse then thrawn. :wink:

img-1410.jpg

Btw ... Chirrut is the missing toon in this pic. :smiley:

Well, u are right mate.. i'm pretty dissapointed :frowning:
    My arena mates already use him.. easy to beat rather than thrawn. Seems his AI default setting is he prioritize his buff first, then attack mode.

After fracture, thrawn is useless.. ppl says that it's become 4 vs 5 battle, but actually it's become 4 vs 4 battle bcause thrawn useless too same like fractured toon. But with commander luke.. i don't know.. I'm speechless :scream:

That's not true re Thrawn...Thrawn also counters..inflict ability block and stun.

Yes indeed he's counter, but he give speed up buff also. U can't ability block if enemy don't have speed up buff, and u can't stun if enemy don't have ability block debuff. If u want go faster, just target thrawn until he give all ur chars speed up.. then kill him. :frowning:
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    AeonWorm wrote: »
    Luke totally beats Rancor by himself in the movie, he should totally be able to do it in the game. "Get paid to tell the Truth Dog...It only makes Sense (cents)!"

I'd throw Gamorrean Guard in there with him just for posterity.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Winstar wrote: »
    I'm stuck on level 72 on Commander Luke. I have the gear get him to GX, but I am out of credits.

I am positively happy that a credit heist will occur in 6-12 business days. :p

Should be less time than that. Can't remember when the last one was but seems like a week ago.