CLS event

124Next

Replies

• Forar
    94 posts Member
    And I think it's fine that they did so. I even applaud including lesser used characters.

But it wouldn't have killed them to have announced the exact group make up in July. Or put the non-R2 characters in the shard shop. Or have a double drop period as they did for 3 weeks with the Ewoks (sporadic per character as they were).
  • Forar wrote: »
    If we're expected to conduct month+ long grinds, getting a week of notice is not helpful.

Why do you assume that all players were expected to conduct month+ long grinds? I didn't have to.
  • The brown nosing is more real than I thought. The new Hope characters were awful man. Always were. I never touched old Ben or STH and I'm in a Haat guild playing for almost two years. And now I'm suddenly rushing to farm characters who aren't exactly a quick 7 star. It's been a money ploy since they released nihlus with these ridiculous packs that you're paying decent coin for. If you think they're being fair, especially with the only rebel enhancements you're out of your mind. They need diversification and an anchor back to earth with these event characters/packs.

If you have been playing two years then you would know that old Ben dodge meta was around for some time and at one point of time arena was literally a faster sth wins. he was the meta all by himself. he completely destroyed the dooku leads that where the poor mans ole ben.
  • Forar
    94 posts Member
    Forar wrote: »
    If we're expected to conduct month+ long grinds, getting a week of notice is not helpful.

Why do you assume that all players were expected to conduct month+ long grinds? I didn't have to.

Here's a thought, and please try to stick with me; not everyone had your experience. Now, keep following; those of us who had a character that wasn't at 7* (not you, remember!) who needed to grind for them (or buy shards as quickly as they could) might not even be able to do so in a reasonable manner, even throwing money at the problem.

If you didn't need to, that's cool, Your experience is not reflective of everyone else's experience. I know, I know, hard as that may be to believe.
  • Shenanigans052
    1681 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Forar wrote: »
    I've not seen a single person being mocked. A lot of you are being told "you didn't prepare properly and you should've known" but no ones been mocked.

"Should have known" is bull when the developers don't actually provide information.

I see plenty of mocking and digs at other players for failing to be as prescient as they are, on nothing but a hunch. If we're expected to conduct month+ long grinds, getting a week of notice is not helpful. If they're going to do that, then more than a few days worth of catch up being provided would be appreciated.

So when the next character requires the CUP, or Mob Enforcer, it's totes cool, right? Just drop some hint about the seedy underworld and everyone should totally understand and are fools who weren't prepared properly?

I have a sneaking suspicion that many of the people smugly expressing how foolishly unprepared some were for this event would also be quick to call out people for preparing otherwise 'useless' characters. It's a no-win scenario, and I'm sure the next stage of Luke's evolution (Pokemon style) needing URoRRuR'R'R and the other Tuskens will be met with a similar "what, why didn't you farm them, you should have known, lawl" attitude.

Is that next toon a new ahsoka meta? They very clearly stated LUKE AND HIS FRIENDS. The arguments you're making on what toons could have been is silly. These are most all the toons related to luke in his next stage of his journey. Journey. Journey. I just want to say it multiple times so that you folks may finally figure it out and understand why you need to focus on toons directly related to his JOURNEY. The forums hit the nail on the head with helping us figure it out. If you have time to make posts about it than you had time to use the search function to look up some threads where people discussed this numerous times. It's literally, that simple.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Please be respectful of each other on forum threads. Some people have the toons for the event while others do not. There is no reason to personally attack each other over this, the forums are meant to be a positive place where players can voice their opinions- both their successes and frustrations. I am closing this post as it is no longer providing useful feedback on the CLS event, but has become an argument between forum users.
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Moving to appropriate sub-forum: Feedback: Events
This discussion has been closed.