So chance of double drops?? What's your opinion.

So I'm working on OB and I have np spending the crystals refreshes but I'm wondering if I should hold off another day or so until double drops?? I only need 55 more shards but a general question for all... What do you think?.

Replies

• I think we aren't going to get double drops :'(
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • I think you could wait until one day before the end of the event (in the meantime you could increase gear levels): only in that moment you should buy (if you need)
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    I wouldn't hold off if you're racing the clock. Get them and get them now.
  • If your buying 3 refreshes, you should have it in 3 days
  • Orzosro wrote: »
    So I'm working on OB and I have np spending the crystals refreshes but I'm wondering if I should hold off another day or so until double drops?? I only need 55 more shards but a general question for all... What do you think?.

0% chance. If they were going to do it, they would have already done it.
  • I wouldn't be surprised if they did a last minute, 11th hour double drop before the last day of the event. So all of us that schizo - spent the FIRST day of the event go "ah man!!" Hahaha
  • LordSmile
    13 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I'm at 61/85 but I've still hope B) (not for the double drop :( )
  • only did the double drops for phoenix bc they just came to free to play and told us those were the requirements. i never expected double drops for this event. just like i never did for r2, yoda, EP,
  • Metroplex79
    834 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I just unlocked him last night.

I needed 13, but that was a hard farm. It took a full load, plus almost 3 full refreshes to get it.

IIRC, I had 6, 8, or 9 when I started to actively farm him last week.

Double Drops this week would help get him to 5*.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • I hope so... will be a great gesture of help towards those who have not yet succeeded. We all are trying, but some of us are so close, and so far... I think that this event already generated enough resources to the game, so, I believe that they'll give us one more chance to get Old Ben...

Our Old Ben toon is built on hope *_*
    AdmirableNaturalGallowaycow.gif

• Doubtful. I could see them extending the event. Giving those people who are really close the feeling of extension and tempting them to buy the packs.
  • I don't foresee any double drops or lengthening the event.
  • It doesn't look like they are going to give us any help with Old Ben besides buying the packs. For some, even that may not be enough. I am in worse shape at 25/85 on Old Ben. I have all the others at 7*. Luke was an easy farm, since he is in the Guild Shop. I got him so I could unlock Palpatine. I had the toons to get R2 the first time. Leia and STH were already useful, so I have them. So I started at 11/80 on Old Ben. Even though I have played the game since Dec 2015, I never saw a use for him since he was really only good after death. I started to farm him when they dropped the hint in May, but then got caught up in the Phoenix/Thrawn distraction. I'm ready for Thrawn, who I don't care about. I have 7* Phoenix, big whoop. I hope I can somehow get my number one hero in the Star Wars universe. It seems essential in my ancient shard.
  • Rojas
    336 posts Member
    I hope I can somehow get my number one hero in the Star Wars universe. It seems essential in my ancient shard.

Number one hero in the galaxy is Rey, if you don't believe me wait until December for EP8
  • Rojas wrote: »
    I hope I can somehow get my number one hero in the Star Wars universe. It seems essential in my ancient shard.

Number one hero in the galaxy is Rey, if you don't believe me wait until December for EP8

If they do something unpopular with new Rey like CLS event now, i'll quit. Already spend too much.. but i can't resist the temptation :expressionless:
  • Rojas wrote: »

Somehow you missed that "my" was the key word in that sentence.
  • RacerDejak wrote: »
    Rojas wrote: »

If they do something unpopular with new Rey like CLS event now, i'll quit. Already spend too much.. but i can't resist the temptation :expressionless:

Then better start gathering your FO and Resistance teams... I actually think Rey is not going to drop this time around because her story is not yet finished. I think it's gonna be BB8 instead.
  • Vuk
    32 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    4 more days ... I will get to 70/100... I hope for double drops
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Double chance of zero of double drops happening.
    I just bought a crystal pack to supplement cantina farming to 4 refreshes per day. Half the price of the old ben pack, and according to math and the drop rate I'll be good for the event, likely with some crystals left over. Unfortunately you're either ready, sitting out, or paying for this one.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Orzosro wrote: »

Doesn't look good for double drops . You can get 55 shards easily in 6 refreshes and natural energy.

tenor.gif

600 crystals well spent.

• Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    LordSmile wrote: »
    I'm at 61/85 but I've still hope B) (not for the double drop :( )

1449603592-magic-eight-ball-outlook-not-so-good-photo-researchers-inc.jpg

• It wouldn't be fair to give double drops to people farming OB and basically the cold shoulder to the people who need Han or Leia and have no way of speeding that farm up

• In some of the announcement material they did say they would offer some form of assistance.
    It seems really strange to me that they have not done so, so far. If they don't follow through on that,
    then that speaks poorly for their trustworthyness (bit of a PR blunder).

Before you object/disagree. Consider.
    Buying shards with money is pretty much a given - they always offer that.
    Is there any evidence that the "Journey Begins" packs are in fact assistance?
    Specifically, like many, I just need Old Ben.
    I can get Old Ben shards in the cantina for progressively higher prices.

At what cost stage for cantina refreshes does it start making sense to buy the pack, rather than buying cantina refreshes?

700 Crystals will buy first 5 refreshes (avg 22 shards).
    then 400 crystals will buy another refresh (avg 4 shards).

What is the expected value of number of Old Ben shards from the 700 crystal pack?
    (So far I haven't found any information on this, would be nice to know.)

If the value is significant compared to cantina refreshes, that would be nice to know (and it would mean that they have given some assistance, but they should make it clearer that that is the case). If the value relative to cantina refreshes is insignificant, then they have not in fact done what they said they would. (They are under no obligation to help, but saying they will and then not helping just isn't playing a straight bat.)

I hope they do double drops, but have no expectation one way or other on whether they will.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    stohelit wrote: »
    In some of the announcement material they did say they would offer some form of assistance.
    It seems really strange to me that they have not done so, so far. If they don't follow through on that,
    then that speaks poorly for their trustworthyness (bit of a PR blunder).

Before you object/disagree. Consider.
    Buying shards with money is pretty much a given - they always offer that.
    Is there any evidence that the "Journey Begins" packs are in fact assistance?
    Specifically, like many, I just need Old Ben.
    I can get Old Ben shards in the cantina for progressively higher prices.

At what cost stage for cantina refreshes does it start making sense to buy the pack, rather than buying cantina refreshes?

700 Crystals will buy first 5 refreshes (avg 22 shards).
    then 400 crystals will buy another refresh (avg 4 shards).

What is the expected value of number of Old Ben shards from the 700 crystal pack?
    (So far I haven't found any information on this, would be nice to know.)

If the value is significant compared to cantina refreshes, that would be nice to know (and it would mean that they have given some assistance, but they should make it clearer that that is the case). If the value relative to cantina refreshes is insignificant, then they have not in fact done what they said they would. (They are under no obligation to help, but saying they will and then not helping just isn't playing a straight bat.)

I hope they do double drops, but have no expectation one way or other on whether they will.

The packs were the assistance they hinted at, double drops aren't happening.
  • It wouldn't be fair to give double drops to people farming OB and basically the cold shoulder to the people who need Han or Leia and have no way of speeding that farm up

Why not make OB the login character instead of LS(F) and replace LS(F) with OB in the Guild Shop? Fairness has nothing to do with it.
  • At the end I decided to buy Old-Ben's pack (first and last time I hope :( )