Can I make it??

Ok so I have Ben 15 shards away from 7* and Luke at 6* with 16/85. Is it worth pursuing CLS? Or am I being overly optimistic?

Replies

• I just need Old Ben, I am sitting at 22/85, I'll make it if I buy the pack
  • phatphil3 wrote: »
    I just need Old Ben, I am sitting at 22/85, I'll make it if I buy the pack

I don't want to buy the pack tho :/ plus you're in a better situation than I am...
  • Even if you buy 80 Luke shards you won't make it, unless you start cranking out 699 credit packs, which is not a great deal unless you're rich in crystals and desperate.
  • I started with Ben at 11/80 on August 3, that's 8 days ago and in that time I've farmed 156 shards, just shy of 20 a day. I knew when the event started that I'd have to buy the pack, unless you can refresh 4 times a day you're gonna need the pack
  • Scratch what I said - you might make it but it will be close and you need to buy a pack. I forgot when the Luke event ends.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Not likely. You need around 37 shards per day. You either need a stock of saved crystals to do 700-1100 crystals worth of refreshes per day, AND good RNG. OR... pony up $20 for a pack.
  • swagmobile
    43 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Georgemi6 wrote: »
    Ok so I have Ben 15 shards away from 7* and Luke at 6* with 16/85. Is it worth pursuing CLS? Or am I being overly optimistic?

assuming today is already spent, you have 5 days to get 184 shards. You'll get 4 from daily log in so that puts you down to 180 which equates to 36 shards a day. With 4-5 daily refreshes (500-700 crystals per day) and assuming there are no double drop days, you would need rng on your side for 5 straight days to make it. So chances are no. The only real way I can see would be for you to purchase the 80 shard pack. Having said that, that should be your last option. I wouldn't buy that til wednesday. This would still require that you refresh at least 4 times a day.
  • The pack is very handy. And I wish we were allowed more then 1 purchase. I'm in a wayyyy worse situation then you sir. I'm sitting at 60/85 for STH smh. Already brought the pack sooooo I'm kinda screwed. You on the other hand do have a chance.
  • Just buy the pack dude you go out to dinner that 20$ + right there. Surely you can skip 1 dinner right?
  • Just buy the pack dude you go out to dinner that 20$ + right there. Surely you can skip 1 dinner right?

I'm considering it because I don't want to miss out on all the special stuff in the terr battles

Bcause this game is worldwide, not all of us have the same currency/standard.. in ur country 20$ is for 1x dinner, in mine it's for 8 - 10x dinner.. maybe others out there, it's for 50x dinner. We don't know..

Don't forget exchange rate, taxes, fee, n everything.. here, price of the pack if i convert to $ is 30$. :grimace:
  • Do you smoke? Get a coffee everyday? eat out a lot? I know $20 may seem like a lot but just cut down on something else for a few days if you really want it. I didn't have to buy packs but I did drop $20 so I could get r2 gear up in time. I'm also 35 and have a full time job so $20 is really not that big of a deal. It was well worth it.
  • You need 184 shards. Farm the cheap nodes (1B, 2F) and buy the 3x100 Cantina refreshes every day, and in the next 6 days you can get ~6*20=120 shards. Even if you buy two more Cantina refreshes every day, you will get ~6*29=174 shards. Either way, you will be short.
    If you want CLS before the event ends, you're going to need to buy that Luke pack of 80 shards for $20. Then you can do it, but you will still need to buy 3x100 refreshes or you won't make it. And you'll still need the blessings of RNGesus.
  • Do you smoke? Get a coffee everyday? eat out a lot? I know $20 may seem like a lot but just cut down on something else for a few days if you really want it. I didn't have to buy packs but I did drop $20 so I could get r2 gear up in time. I'm also 35 and have a full time job so $20 is really not that big of a deal. It was well worth it.

It's not so much that I don't have 20$ to spend, it's more that I don't want to spend 20$ on a mobile game. I already broke my f2p status for thrawn, so there's that too...
  • It's funny to me that people speak derogatively towards "mobile games" like they are the scum of the earth, "how could I ever spend money on a mooobile game?!?", but then will spend countless amounts of hours playing that "mobile game" even going as far as scheduling their day around payouts, raids, and things like these. haha
  • swagmobile wrote: »
    It's funny to me that people speak derogatively towards "mobile games" like they are the scum of the earth, "how could I ever spend money on a mooobile game?!?", but then will spend countless amounts of hours playing that "mobile game" even going as far as scheduling their day around payouts, raids, and things like these. haha

I've got no hate toward spending money on mobile games. I've spent my fare share in the past. I like the grind though and prefer working without assistance from money though.