gw trolled me realy hard

In last node today i got maxed g11 comander luke...he is here for what, 2 days ? And some have nim at lvl 11 gear ? Mayby its lvl 12 gear, not sure.
But all skills maxed, except 2 at lvl 7 ? Combined with thawn and r2d2 ? With same imposibli high lvk gear/skills ? Gow i can fifht this with my top 10 chars alleardy dead ?

Replies

• That sounds like a you problem
  • Happened to me too. CLS lead (maxed other than leader skill), Thrawn, R2Z2, GK, and DN. Took me eight full squads, but I beat them.

No lie - my Ewok squad took out CLS. Turn meter removal and stealth FTW.
  • you kiddin'? I got CLS on node 12 yesterday... of course, maxed out with GK, Chaze and Z2Z2.
  • Happened to me too. CLS lead (maxed other than leader skill), Thrawn, R2Z2, GK, and DN. Took me eight full squads, but I beat them.

No lie - my Ewok squad took out CLS. Turn meter removal and stealth FTW.

Lucky you that you have enough competetive sqads, well except my top 15 chars, rest is totaly ussles in hi end gw, because rest simply lack lvl 15 mods ( or any mod at all), gear is at best lvl 8, so usualy they are all dead before i even get one chance to hit enemy, max only one hit.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Here are some tips
    • TM load at least 3 teams in the first 4 nodes (i used to skip node 3 while TM building because it can be hard to save skills on a weaker team)
    • Save you A team as long as possible after TM is built in
    • resistance team
    • never use a team that wont give you something, i.e. never put a team in to take off protection or use up other teams abilities : some people use this but then you lose all TM advantage. Your choice on that one.
    • Plan on using and even TM load odd teams that may not be fully geared. you never know when a nihilus lead can save you.
    • remember that you can use mods off dead toons to help
    • ask for help.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Here are some tips
    • TM load at least 3 teams in the first 4 nodes (i used to skip node 3 while TM building because it can be hard to save skills on a weaker team)
    • Save you A team as long as possible after TM is built in
    • resistance team
    • never use a team that wont give you something, i.e. never put a team in to take off protection or use up other teams abilities : some people use this but then you lose all TM advantage. Your choice on that one.
    • Plan on using and even TM load odd teams that may not be fully geared. you never know when a nihilus lead can save you.
    • remember that you can use mods off dead toons to help
    • ask for help.

Usually I load TM on 4 different squads and it is very helpful. I searched on many places to get the best stategies for GW, but even following them, it is impossible when you face several multi Zeta teams when you only have one toon with a Zeta. My best squad is a Zaul (L) with Vader, Nihilus, Dooku and Palpatine. Every day I manage to keep in top 50 in the arena and I made it sometimes in the top 20. The thing is, that at node 10 or 11 I am facing already a zeta team (usually a Zaul team) which makes me loose a few toons, if not a whole squad. Normally a full Rebel squad or a few toons of my Zaul team. Node 12 is completely impossible, even if I have all my squads and toons loaded with TM. I just can't win against a double zeta CLS (L) with a R2D2 double zeta, GK, Thrawn and Nihilus. I'm not talking about 1 or 2 zetas on the opposing team, I'm talking about 4, 5 or 6 Zetas on the oposing team with loads of speed. I know that I should have better speed mods for my toons, but hey, I still manage to finish in top 50 in the arena every day, so they can't be that bad. Facing the above described team with speed way over 200 just makes it impossible. I don't know how often I retreat every day in GW to change stategy to see if it works better the other way, but even so, node 12 is simply impossible. Now I'm starting to farm the resistance team, to see if it really makes that difference.
    Btw: my Sith team are gear level 11 besides Dooku which is gear lvl 10 and all are 7* besides Nihilus which is 6*. Sometimes I switch on Sith for Sidious lvl 10 7*
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    My best squad is a Zaul (L) with Vader, Nihilus, Dooku and Palpatine.
    You should be using Nihilus as a leader in GW over Zaul. You also might want to invest in Savage. Even without a zeta, he's incredibly helpful because he absorbs debuffs from other Sith.
    But yes, farming a Resistance squad is just prudent for GW.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • I do tm build up, but it have limited usability. Even lvl 15 5* mods, cant overcome gear difference by 2-4 lvl per char.
    By resistance team you mean finn, small **** and others ? Yeah, i have them all at 7*, but again, gear is biggest limiter.
    Yeah, using build up tm teams do just pick off protection/use abilities without actualy killing anyone isnt ideal, but what to do if yours non-tm teams are all killed without even firing a shot ?
    Yeah, i use odd teams, when i need to finish some guys and using of tm teams or main team will be waste.
    But again, even best plans and tacticks cant win no win scenario, if you face nearly full maxed , zeta, most powerfull chars in game , and you dont have them yourself ( geared, stars or even activated).
    And who is these death stars ? R2, thawn, gen. Kenobi, buzz malbuz and few others f***ers.
  • I had CLS lead for the second day in a row... Today it was CLS, Thrawn, GK, R2, and Raid Han.

The Good News? Raid Han seems way more effective than before, so hooray! The bad news? The lot of them together were a bit too effective for my teams. I whittled them down to just CLS and he was more than a match for the lowly half-leveled, half-geared, unmodded stragglers I had left, so I decided to level my 5* Thrawn up from level 1 to level 80, get him to Gear Level 6, and left him unmodded and all of his abilities at level 1.

Sent Thrawn in with some losers, and he is immediately chopped down by CLS, then resurrected by Ewok Elder and lands his level 1 Fracture. CLS gets to take a dirt nap while Ewok Elder, Old Daka, and some other chump beat him senseless.

Take away from this what you will.
  • Pyrefly wrote: »
    My best squad is a Zaul (L) with Vader, Nihilus, Dooku and Palpatine.
    You should be using Nihilus as a leader in GW over Zaul. You also might want to invest in Savage. Even without a zeta, he's incredibly helpful because he absorbs debuffs from other Sith.
    But yes, farming a Resistance squad is just prudent for GW.

And I do. Every time I see that I don't have a chance to stay alive I try to switch strategy. Normally I go in with Zaul lead until I lose all protection or close to that. Then I put Nihilus lead in, but the problem then is the speed. Sometimes I do better with Nihilus lead, but against these overpowered multi-zeta teams I have no chance... Doesn't matter how I turn it around.
    Before I zetaed my Maul, I had no problems at all to finish GW. I used Nihilus as a leader and normally I finished GW without losing any toon. Since I put the zeta on Maul, I finish GW 2 or 3 times a week and I always have to struggle hard.
    Savage is already in progress, even Kylo. I want to zeta both and see how they do in GW and Arena. At the same time Resistance, so it will take a lot of time since I am complete F2P. Maybe in 1 year I will laugh at this ;)
  • Zetas add a ton of power to the squad in the new power rating. I don't know if they've switched GW over to use the new power rating or not, but that could have something to do with the level of difficulty you're now seeing. I'm lucky in that my arena team has a couple of 5* characters (Chaze...still) so their power ratings are relatively low (anywhere from 5k to 10k short of my shardmates), so GW is stiill doable. But I do see my share of 4 zeta comps on node 12.

My only real complaint (after I've completed a GW - facing the third Chaze in a row there's plenty of complaining!) is that it doesn't take speed into account enough when determining competition. Zetas are one thing, but facing a team where everyone is modded with +90 speed (whale mods TBH) can get frustrating.